Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

Absolutely. If Liverpool lose Suarez I would put money on them not being top 4 next season.

Fair enough opinion in itself. The whole "one man team" nonsense let you down though. That's clearly just idiocy. As is thinking they won't sell Suarez and get someone else (or more) who will supplement the team/squad.

Not really it was aintforver who was saying they are so much worse without Surez and used those games as evidence, I've proven that in those games they weren't, not sure why you're reverting to type with your strawmans arguements. Keep up dicksplash. :lol::lol:

Great extrapolate away from a sample size that's smaller than your pea-brain. If you want to read much into fives games in which the scousers huffed and puffed against their opposition and didn't play one top six side, crack on :lol:

It's obvious that Liverpool are a one man team. See how England get on with Henderson, Gerrard and the infantile Sturridge. Shiiiite, no doubt.

Yes it's obvious. Sturridge's 21 goals which took him to second in the Premier League's top scorers definitely prove this. A one man team, if ever there was one.

I agree that they were heavily reliant on one player, who wouldn't agree. That's not to say they'd be nothing without him. Interesting to consider what Saints might have achieved with a Suarez.

I think losing Lallana would be a similar blow for us to be honest.

The point being that they weren't very potent during those games. The original point was that they did pretty well without Suarez. It was more like they scraped by.

They also saved a penalty in the last minute against Stoke during those games. If that'd gone in they would have had the same points as Saints after five games.

Only conceded 3 goals in those 5 games though, over the season that would give them the best defensive record in the league. Thanks for posting out the Stoke game though, I didn't realise results only counts if the opposition failed to score a penalty.

Great extrapolate away from a sample size that's smaller than your pea-brain. If you want to read much into fives games in which the scousers huffed and puffed against their opposition and didn't play one top six side, crack on :lol:

Oh dear Strawlock, yet Again in your attempts to "play the post not the poster" you've made yourself look a plum. If you keep adding a laughing emotioncon onto the end of your posts you might convince yourself you're doing okay. It's quite sweet. I can't remember when this obsession started but it must occupy every waking moment you have.

Oh I almost forgot. :lol::lol::lol:

I predict the board will hold out for crazy money, pool and united will walk away, adz and shaw stay with us happily ever after.

one common opinion I've noticed reading comments in transfer stories wrt adz and shaw is that it's crazy money (can't argue that) and they're not good enough for their respective squads. so the above scenario maintaining status quo will be a win win. why don't we close these threads and go back to the HCDAJFU thread asking 'when will ***** sign' repeatedly.

Only conceded 3 goals in those 5 games though, over the season that would give them the best defensive record in the league. Thanks for posting out the Stoke game though, I didn't realise results only counts if the opposition failed to score a penalty.

You're trying to say they'd have got 76 points if you extrapolate their points from the five game out over the season. I'm saying they were a last minute penalty save away from that only extrapolating out to 61 points. They were also outplayed by Villa and Swansea in those five games.

Their goals scored without Suarez is more relevant than their goals conceded. Without Suarez it was five in five. Two of which were assisted by a former player playing for the opposition. They scraped by without Suarez.

Not sure why you're so keen to big up Liverpool.

Yes it's obvious. Sturridge's 21 goals which took him to second in the Premier League's top scorers definitely prove this. A one man team, if ever there was one.

Suarez drags defenders all over the place which allows Sturridge extra space.

Oh dear Strawlock, yet Again in your attempts to "play the post not the poster" you've made yourself look a plum. If you keep adding a laughing emotioncon onto the end of your posts you might convince yourself you're doing okay. It's quite sweet. I can't remember when this obsession started but it must occupy every waking moment you have.

Oh I almost forgot. :lol::lol::lol:

You can be such an unremitting helmet that the distinction between 'post' and 'poster' is for all practical purposes moot. I'm flattered by your attention, pal. But perhaps on a mongboard where people discuss things, someone with 25k p:lol:sts and dogmatic views is going to invite -well- discussion. Heady and counterintuitive stuff.

In case that's too complicated to understand, lets pretend that I spend every waking hour obsessed with you. I'm off to sleep -and if it makes you happy- to lol at you in my dreams.

Edited by shurlock

You can be such an unremitting helmet that the distinction between 'post' and 'poster' is for all practical purposes moot. Never mind that virtually everyone disagrees with you on this thread and point.

I'm flattered by your attention, pal. But perhaps on a mongboard where people discuss things, someone with 25k p:lol:sts and dogmatic views is going to invite -well- discussion. Heady and counterintuitive stuff.

In case that's too complicated to understand, lets pretend that I spend every waking hour obsessed with you. I'm off to sleep -and if it makes you happy- to lol at you in my dreams.

Flattered by the attention?!! :lol: f*ck me that's a good one!!

I can tell you for a fact all our little jousts are instigated by you, ever single time without fail. Just like tonight's, like all the others this week, like the weeks and months before that.

Remind me who it was who, completely unprompted, this week linked a thread from 18 months ago to try to prove a point on here and ended up looking rather silly. :lol:

Remind who it was who put a link to a post I made months ago on a different forum with a different user name to try to 'prove' something on here? You seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of every post I've ever made, both here and on other forums! A great memory I can tell you! Do you post on the UI? If you do I've no idea who you are, it seems you've been following me on there too and made it your business to know who I am!! :lol:

And I see you've used the last card when all else fails of mentioning how many posts someone has on the same forum as you to try to belittle them. How odd that with so many posts you seem to have the incredible talent to be able to reel them off and find them at will, whatever forum they are on. :lol:

'Flattered by the attention' from someone who has spent months stalking my every post, who remembers them all on whatever forum they are on and from someone who claims they 'plays the post not the poster' f*ck me you couldnt make it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Turkish

"Not to be too harsh on the player, but for £25m a club could buy two Adam Lallana’s abroad."

It's not spot on. This would be a bit more accurate.

"Not to be too harsh on the player, but for £25m a club could buy two Adam Lallana’s abroad. That said, it could also get you a Gaston Ramirez and a Dani Osvaldo".

"Not to be too harsh on the player, but for £25m a club could buy two Adam Lallana’s abroad."

It's not spot on. This would be a bit more accurate.

"Not to be too harsh on the player, but for £25m a club could buy two Adam Lallana’s abroad. That said, it could also get you a Gaston Ramirez and a Dani Osvaldo".

"....and we'll chuck in a Mayuka as well."

The mathematics alone probably destroy any chance of Lallana going. For a start the fee is less 25%, less 17.5% VAT, less agents fees, less contractual payments leaving Saints with about 50% of the offer net. So Liverpool have had a reported £20m offer worth £10m to Saints rejected, say now £25m offered, this only increases the net figure by about £2.5m. Saints are not going to even consider that.

Lallana is now the Southampton figurehead, he is replaceable but not for those figures. He is probably going to cost Liverpool far more than he is worth if they want him that badly. £35m still only nets just over £18m. Bournemouth have shot themselves in the foot because it would only be if a fixed fee was negotiated that substantially increased Saints net return so a realistic valuation would work, Lallana could be sold and Bournemouth receive any money. Even then he is overpriced.

Having said that, add Lovren into the equation and Liverpool's total budget is exceeded. If Saints decide to sell anybody, whoever buys them are going to have their pants pulled down.

Edited by derry

No player is bigger than the team so I'm sure we would survive without Shaw. Disappointed but we would move on. Lallana and Lovren are different. Lallana has shown loyalty akin to MLT and if he leaves after patting the club badge constantly going round the pitch last weekend I think it would be ordering on shameful. And I don't think Adam is like that. At the end of the day, right up to last season, fans were split on his value to the team. This has been his first solid season in the top flight and still has much to learn under Pochettino. Lovren, again, one season after a dubious spell with his previous club. Still has something to prove here - to himself as well as his adoring fans,

If anyone wants cheering up, try going on Man U and Liverpool chat forums and you will see a fair bit of bed wetting going on over the fact they have not yet signed Shaw and Lallana. Those previously claiming done deals are starting to suspect it is all media crap.

If anyone wants cheering up, try going on Man U and Liverpool chat forums and you will see a fair bit of bed wetting going on over the fact they have not yet signed Shaw and Lallana. Those previously claiming done deals are starting to suspect it is all media crap.

And they've not realised that the figures being bandied about are by far in excess of the players' actual value?

You just cannot believe the media when they start spouting about money, they just make it up as they go along.

We want more than the players are worth, if anything I'd think the club will be hacked off if they don't get it.

I thought maya was training in toyko with the squad today with kagawa, 2nd from right, ITK FAIL

article-0-1DEF070B00000578-477_634x435.jpg

Must be an old post, Morgan was round at his Mum's the day before yesterday, due at Clairfontaine tomorrow evening. If he's at SMS recently then there's a very particular reason. Going to the Cup Final today perhaps ???

Lol u wot m8?

I don't think anyone expected a young talent like that to stick around when we were relegated from the championship. He and surman were our biggest assets as we descended down the leagues.

I don't think anyone expected a young talent like that to stick around when we were relegated from the championship. He and surman were our biggest assets as we descended down the leagues.

Nonsense, Lallana wasn't a great talent back in 2008, couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo when shooting. If he had been able to we might not have even been relegated. Surman was a very average player. Think we got more for McGoldrick than we did for Surman.

So who did he turn down moves to when we were in L1, AC Milan? He's stayed because he knew he was on to a good thing, now appears to be trying to jump ship now his stock his grown. He's a very good player, but I think he's a bit of a little tosser tbh and to compare him to Le Tiss is disrespectful to the GOAT.

So who did he turn down moves to when we were in L1, AC Milan? He's stayed because he knew he was on to a good thing, now appears to be trying to jump ship now his stock his grown. He's a very good player, but I think he's a bit of a little tosser tbh and to compare him to Le Tiss is disrespectful to the GOAT.

My apologies - I thought I was in a saints forum

The mathematics alone probably destroy any chance of Lallana going. For a start the fee is less 25%, less 17.5% VAT, less agents fees, less contractual payments leaving Saints with about 50% of the offer net. So Liverpool have had a reported £20m offer worth £10m to Saints rejected, say now £25m offered, this only increases the net figure by about £2.5m. Saints are not going to even consider that.

Lallana is now the Southampton figurehead, he is replaceable but not for those figures. He is probably going to cost Liverpool far more than he is worth if they want him that badly. £35m still only nets just over £18m. Bournemouth have shot themselves in the foot because it would only be if a fixed fee was negotiated that substantially increased Saints net return so a realistic valuation would work, Lallana could be sold and Bournemouth receive any money. Even then he is overpriced.

Having said that, add Lovren into the equation and Liverpool's total budget is exceeded. If Saints decide to sell anybody, whoever buys them are going to have their pants pulled down.

My understanding was that transfer deals (like most b2b transactions) are quoted exclusive of VAT. The rate of VAT in the UK is also 20%.

Nonsense, Lallana wasn't a great talent back in 2008, couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo when shooting.

Yeah that first goal he scored away to WBA, pinged into the opposite corner after getting behind the defence, was a fluke and he was lucky that it went in (and helped keep us up)

Bournemouth probably didn't recon on us having such wealthy owners that don't have to sell if they don't want to. If Lowe was still here they'd have probably got some cash by now.

I can't believe we buy out the clause whilst the Cherries were going through one of their administrations.

My understanding was that transfer deals (like most b2b transactions) are quoted exclusive of VAT. The rate of VAT in the UK is also 20%.

Somebody early on this thread seemed to have regulations that showed the VAT on transfer fees, even so 20% makes it even less attractive.

Somebody early on this thread seemed to have regulations that showed the VAT on transfer fees, even so 20% makes it even less attractive.

VAT is payable on UK to UK deals, yes. But I suspect it is in addition to quoted figures (as it is reclaimable).

Go and eat a Whopper mate, then get off to the Edge, there's a good boy

Liverpool now linked with Bayern Munich midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri as an alternative to Lallana, for £15m

And also Sanchez and Bony. Just shows the press don't have a clue. Liverpool aren't going to splash all their cash on attackers. That isn't their problem. They need defensive players. But I guess (Shaw apart) linking defenders with moves isn't as exciting as forwards when it comes to trying to sell newspapers.