Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

Well there we are...you've just confirmed your own inability to grasp a pretty simple concept to be fair. It's OK, don't feel bad.

What concept has he failed to grasp exactly ? The one that proved your sources to be monumentally incorrect ? Or am I also missing the point too ?

I have to try to be responsible here and say have not spoken to anyone close since the last game of the season but I think Lallana will move on to higher things and he can only do that by signing for one of the Champions League qualifiers. Liverpool are definite favourites.

I also think the Shaw rumours are so strong he will be off as well.

So three go to the world cup and only one comes back to us!

I think Pochettino is the most likely to stay but the owner is going to have to work very hard to convince him and let him have most of the money from the above to strengthen.

I have to try to be responsible here and say have not spoken to anyone close since the last game of the season but I think Lallana will move on to higher things and he can only do that by signing for one of the Champions League qualifiers. Liverpool are definite favourites.

I also think the Shaw rumours are so strong he will be off as well.

So three go to the world cup and only one comes back to us!

I think Pochettino is the most likely to stay but the owner is going to have to work very hard to convince him and let him have most of the money from the above to strengthen.

Didn't you say he was staying last time you posted?

I think everyone knew this summer was going to be difficult but I wasn't expecting deals to be in the making as soon as our season finished. No time to reflect how good it was and if Shaw and Lallana move before hand it takes a little shine off watching them at the World Cup. That fact that they seem so decisive that their future is better off elsewhere so soon (especially Lallana) is a bad sign IMO.

I think everyone knew this summer was going to be difficult but I wasn't expecting deals to be in the making as soon as our season finished. No time to reflect how good it was and if Shaw and Lallana move before hand it takes a little shine off watching them at the World Cup. That fact that they seem so decisive that their future is better off elsewhere so soon (especially Lallana) is a bad sign IMO.

This is how I feel

I loved every minute of last season but with all the media attention we where getting, there was a nagging feeling that this would be the only season with this group.

To add to that we had the high of seeing 3 ( could have been 4 ) in the England squad , and for the first time since mlt, I was looking foward to watching England play.

Now if we lose 2 of them even before a balls kicked I'll be well ****ed ;)

I think it's realistic. If you're ambitious and mid twenties then you need to be playing CL football. I can't believe Saints will do that next season so do you stick or twist, knowing that you've got maybe 7 seasons left?

Not enough Mananas for Lallana

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

I suggest you look at my posts on this subject.

I can't recall exactly what you said but I'm sure you said a few weeks ago that there wasn't anything to worry about when rumours regarding him leaving surfaced. To me that implied he was staying- your posts earlier today imply he is leaving, so I guess that's a change of stance and hence the comments above.

I like reading bits of gossip or info that posters like you share so please don't be offended but when people's views change it's bound to be highlighted.

I think it's realistic. If you're ambitious and mid twenties then you need to be playing CL football. I can't believe Saints will do that next season so do you stick or twist, knowing that you've got maybe 7 seasons left?

Not enough Mananas for Lallana

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

It's more than just CL football, its competing for trophies season in, season out.

Would it be fair to say that if Weston has broken cover now we can expect to see one or other or both off before the WC? If that is the case why would MoPo stay? He's allegedly got a 'better' offer on the table and two of his main men are off, why stay? He could be given all the money to spend but those two players are effectively 'irreplaceable' in terms of who we could attract to replace them.

Incredibly naive of the club if either are sold before the WC.

I can't stop thinking that if they could just stay together one more season then maybe the club could achieve something amazing and push on to another level. Can't fault Lallana if he moves to Liverpool though, he has shown massive loyalty and the chance to play in the champion's league might only come his way once.

About five years ago the club nearly went out of business. As painful and frustrating as it might be to watch the club sell some of the best players, at least we get to watch the ones who stay / new signings play against the best teams in the country next season.

If thus us true re MP , Al and LS then this is all that is wrong with premier ship football, the bully boy big clubs always get there way . Nothing wrong with a player having ambitions to play in the champions league . Very future players have a long standing career with the big boys unless they are special . I hope Adam and Luke turn out to be special if they move in . It's always a risk moving to anew club let alone a big club .

There have been a whole list of players who have become casualties moving to a different club .

Would Andrew Surinam fulfilled his true potential if he had stayed with us . I know he had to be sold to keep the club running but his playing career suffered it could be down to injuries as well .

I can't stop thinking that if they could just stay together one more season then maybe the club could achieve something amazing and push on to another level. Can't fault Lallana if he moves to Liverpool though, he has shown massive loyalty and the chance to play in the champion's league might only come his way once.

About five years ago the club nearly went out of business. As painful and frustrating as it might be to watch the club sell some of the best players, at least we get to watch the ones who stay / new signings play against the best teams in the country next season.

Massive loyalty?? Hows that? He has been paid handsomly on a yearly basis and only recently signed a new contract on which he stated that if you offered him the chance to stay at saints in the prem for the rest of his career he would snap your arm off,now 6 months later he wants out? Your right how very loyal

Massive loyalty?? Hows that? He has been paid handsomly on a yearly basis and only recently signed a new contract on which he stated that if you offered him the chance to stay at saints in the prem for the rest of his career he would snap your arm off,now 6 months later he wants out? Your right how very loyal

He has been at the club for 14 years, seen them relegated twice and stayed to help the team get back to the premiership. In the world of football that's massive loyalty.

It's not a case of him saying he doesn't want to play for Saints anymore. It's more a case of him only having one chance, in his life, to play in the champion's league and win trophies. He has played for Saints for 7 or 8 years, and you're saying just because he wants to fulfill his lifetime's ambition, that service doesn't count? How about showing some loyalty back his way and saying, "If you leave then I'm gutted but I hope you do well". Loyalty works both ways, you have to give it as well as take it.

This was my worry when they turned the CL into a big European league. When it was the competition for 1st place most players outside it wouldn't think about it too much. Now we have a situation where every club outside the CL faces a near impossible task to keep hold of their best players. Just another manipulation of football to make the big clubs more powerful and more rich, and destroy ambition for other clubs.

Most fans don't support CL teams. So how long will they settle for the top 4 or 5 being a separate competition? 10 years? 20? 30?

Its a valid point however one of the alternatives we avoided was a European Super League.

This is not just about Lallana. People are missing the point here....players come and go, but if you asked any fan 8 months ago who would be the LEAST likely player to leave the club based their current standing, many would have said Lallana. What has changed in that time? And why can the Board no longer retain players like Adam on lengthy contracts? I've just forked out a significant amount of money on an increased cost ST when the club is starting to lose its best players and probably its best performing Manager. Excuse me if I'm feeling a bit peeved about that!

He has been at the club for 14 years, seen them relegated twice and stayed to help the team get back to the premiership. In the world of football that's massive loyalty.

It's not a case of him saying he doesn't want to play for Saints anymore. It's more a case of him only having one chance, in his life, to play in the champion's league and win trophies. He has played for Saints for 7 or 8 years, and you're saying just because he wants to fulfill his lifetime's ambition, that service doesn't count? How about showing some loyalty back his way and saying, "If you leave then I'm gutted but I hope you do well". Loyalty works both ways, you have to give it as well as take it.

I understand he has dreams but if thats the case why sign a new contract?why spout off about staying for the rest of his career? Its not like we were going to get champions league so how suddenly can he view things diffently.he is going to the world cup off the back of a great season for saints not just off himself.14 years at saints but how many player of the year awards has he got? Exactly!dont make out he has stayed through loyalty,if someone wanted him that badly during our league 1 days they would have took him.as for my loyalty i turn up every week for the last 20 years payind thousands along the way.i owe lallana no loyalty

I understand he has dreams but if thats the case why sign a new contract?why spout off about staying for the rest of his career? Its not like we were going to get champions league so how suddenly can he view things diffently.he is going to the world cup off the back of a great season for saints not just off himself.14 years at saints but how many player of the year awards has he got? Exactly!dont make out he has stayed through loyalty,if someone wanted him that badly during our league 1 days they would have took him.as for my loyalty i turn up every week for the last 20 years payind thousands along the way.i owe lallana no loyalty

2009–10 First Southampton midfielder to score 20 goals in a season since MLT in 94-95.

2010–11 Named in League One Team of the year after scoring 11 goals.

2011-12 Nominated for Player of the Year but SRL won it. Named in Championship Team of the Year.

2012-13 Score 50th goal of his career. Coincidentally, also his 50th goal for Saints.

I think it's pretty unlikely that no bigger teams have made offers for him during that time. I hope he stays, but if he doesn't then I'm happy he played here and I wish him well for the future.

I can't believe all the drama being created by a bunch of whinging so-called supporters. Who do you support? Lallana or Saints? EVERYONE has a price!

Sure, last season was the best of his career and he is now getting the accolades for that, and of course I would like nothing more than to see him play his best years for us, but if he chooses to gamble on going to champions league club, well fair play to him. He will certainly finding it a different proposition to playing at Saints and there will be even more expectation and pressure on him to perform - but if he can a) double (or more than) his salary and b) actually WIN something, why shouldn't he go for it?

If he goes we will replace him. Who knows what gem we may unearth! It's a shame there is a such a big sell-on clause with Bournemouth as we are the ones who have provided the majority of his development, but c'est la vie - I just hope we make sure we have a solid sell-on clause if he does go.

I can remember many occasions over the past 5 or 6 years where people were saying he wasn't good enough for us. Well I believe we have more than got our moneys worth out of him and will still enjoy following his progress (just as I do with virtually all ex-saints that have come through our academy system whatever team or league they end up in).

I can't believe all the drama being created by a bunch of whinging so-called supporters. Who do you support? Lallana or Saints? EVERYONE has a price!

Sure, last season was the best of his career and he is now getting the accolades for that, and of course I would like nothing more than to see him play his best years for us, but if he chooses to gamble on going to champions league club, well fair play to him. He will certainly finding it a different proposition to playing at Saints and there will be even more expectation and pressure on him to perform - but if he can a) double (or more than) his salary and b) actually WIN something, why shouldn't he go for it?

If he goes we will replace him. Who knows what gem we may unearth! It's a shame there is a such a big sell-on clause with Bournemouth as we are the ones who have provided the majority of his development, but c'est la vie - I just hope we make sure we have a solid sell-on clause if he does go.

I can remember many occasions over the past 5 or 6 years where people were saying he wasn't good enough for us. Well I believe we have more than got our moneys worth out of him and will still enjoy following his progress (just as I do with virtually all ex-saints that have come through our academy system whatever team or league they end up in).

I think part of the issue is not that he will leave so much as the fact that we have just had a really good season, some really good performances and what is our reward? Big clubs sniffing around and cherry picking what they want from our squad like it's their right to do so. It proves that it's not possible to break up the monopoly at the top of the Prem and it proves how the bullies always win. For Adam himself I'm sure it's a great move financially and professionally but it's the way it's all come about is what hurts. It means the rest of English football will now only ever be a feeding zone for the biggest fish, and nobody in the game seems to care.

I know the champions league is the holy grail of football but I still don't get why? A player as part of a squad may get what 3 or 4 games on average each year in champ league? And that is the big excitement? But for the chance you won't be a squad player you may get to score a goal In one of these games and actually be remembered. However you have equal chance to always be remembered as a mercenary who flopped. A. Caroll, Torres, Ba, Fellaini to name a few obvious ones and they were nowhere near being considered and remembered as club legends at the time they left. Lallana you are being a donkey if you leave something this good for what is likely to equate to **** all actual playing time or extra personal success. In my rather backward and ultimately ****ed opinion.

I don't know what the above posters 'think' they do know or don't know. But here are some simple facts.

- Lallana is contracted another 4 years at Saints;

- Saints value Lallana at in excess of 30m pounds (not surprising considering Mata went for 37m and is the same age);

- 25% of any transfer fee recouped on the sale of Lallana goes to Bournemouth;

- as a result of the foregoing, Saints will only sell for between 30-35 in order to cushion the 25% sell-on fee.

The fact of the matter, as things currently stand, is that Liverpool simply cannot afford to pay the fee Saints are asking. This is particularly the case considering that attacking midfield isn't strictly a priority for Liverpool (whereas defence, and general squad strengthening to prep for UCL is). If Real Madrid came in with a mega offer for Suarez, which they accepted, then this could obviously change.

Regardless of whether Lallana hands in a transfer request or not, Saints will only sell if we recoup a sufficient fee. Liebherr hasn't got to where she has by making bad business decisions. If that means Lallana ends up staying against his wishes, I am sure he is mature enough to deal with it. I'd like to think that a point of difference between Saints and other clubs is that at Saints contracts actually mean more than the paper they're written on.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying Lallana (or Shaw for that matter) won't go, BUT if they do it will be done in a way that is in the best interests of the club. It is most certainly not a fait accompli as some on this website would have you believe.

Finally, I'm not going to claim to be 'ITK' as all of my information is second or third-hand (and nobody believes you anyway), but I know three people at the Club, all of whom work in different areas and have direct contact with the players and the Board. That is where my info comes from.

I think part of the issue is not that he will leave so much as the fact that we have just had a really good season, some really good performances and what is our reward? Big clubs sniffing around and cherry picking what they want from our squad like it's their right to do so. It proves that it's not possible to break up the monopoly at the top of the Prem and it proves how the bullies always win. For Adam himself I'm sure it's a great move financially and professionally but it's the way it's all come about is what hurts. It means the rest of English football will now only ever be a feeding zone for the biggest fish, and nobody in the game seems to care.

But that's always been the way! - we do the same to other clubs when it suits us.

What we need to do is move further up the chain, into that top 6, and then that top 4. Times will change. Man City were languishing until a few years ago. This year is the first year that Liverpool have been a major force for a few years. In my lifetime we have had Ipswich, Leeds, Blackburn and Villa (Yes, I am old and there are also probably a few others I have forgotten) up in that top 6. I've seen Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City all outside the top league. In fact, I think it's only Arsenal and Everton who can really claim to have been the true "power clubs", and even Everton flirted with relegation a few years ago. Show me ANY club in England who hasn't lost a player? Utd lost Ronaldo!

It's down to our Manager, Academy, U21 staff and scouting network to find us replacements. Hopefully football regulations and legislation will change and restrict the inequality that exists at the moment - but.....what IS the answer? If we didn't have a billionaire benefactor where would we be now?

I don't know what the above posters 'think' they do know or don't know. But here are some simple facts.

- Saints value Lallana at in excess of 30m pounds (not surprising considering Mata went for 37m and is the same age);

- as a result of the foregoing, Saints will only sell for between 30-35 in order to cushion the 25% sell-on fee.

The fact of the matter, as things currently stand, is that Liverpool simply cannot afford to pay the fee Saints are asking. This is particularly the case considering that attacking midfield isn't strictly a priority for Liverpool (whereas defence, and general squad strengthening to prep for UCL is). If Real Madrid came in with a mega offer for Suarez, which they accepted, then this could obviously change.

Regardless of whether Lallana hands in a transfer request or not, Saints will only sell if we recoup a sufficient fee. Liebherr hasn't got to where she has by making bad business decisions. If that means Lallana ends up staying against his wishes, I am sure he is mature enough to deal with it. I'd like to think that a point of difference between Saints and other clubs is that at Saints contracts actually mean more than the paper they're written on.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying Lallana (or Shaw for that matter) won't go, BUT if they do it will be done in a way that is in the best interests of the club. It is most certainly not a fait accompli as some on this website would have you believe.

Finally, I'm not going to claim to be 'ITK' as all of my information is second or third-hand (and nobody believes you anyway), but I know three people at the Club, all of whom work in different areas and have direct contact with the players and the Board. That is where my info comes from.

True. At the moment with all the media attention surrounding us, it feels a bit like we're going to get buggered up the jacksie by the big clubs. Yet it's SFC that hold all the cards, and will want to be suitably compensated for the loss of our best players. I accept the jewels may move on, but only when the price and timing is right for us. I'd wager we find out about Pochettino staying or going before we hear of any transfers in or out.

True. At the moment with all the media attention surrounding us, it feels a bit like we're going to get buggered up the jacksie by the big clubs. Yet it's SFC that hold all the cards, and will want to be suitably compensated for the loss of our best players. I accept the jewels may move on, but only when the price and timing is right for us. I'd wager we find out about Pochettino staying or going before we hear of any transfers in or out.

I would agree with that SNSUN. I suspect we'll hear about Pochettino one way or another by the end of this week. Even if he does leave, Saints won't have any trouble replacing him with a quality candidate - and I can guarantee it won't be Mackay, Moyes, Sherwood or Oscar Garcia. Anyone who takes those rumours seriously needs their head read.

Totally agree with above, simple economics tell you we are in control of situation! I personally think both Shaw and Lallana will go, maybe Morgan as well, but we will get top dollar for them! I just have a hunch Poch will stay and that he will reinvest wisely.

Liebherr hasn't got to where she has by making bad business decisions.

lol it's true that she ain't got to where she is by making business decisions... I'm with ya tho, i can see why lallana would want to go, but not why i should be tempted to sell for the sort of dollar liverpool will offer. I would give them the raspberry for anything south of £35m

lol it's true that she ain't got to where she is by making business decisions... I'm with ya tho, i can see why lallana would want to go, but not why i should be tempted to sell for the sort of dollar liverpool will offer. I would give them the raspberry for anything south of £35m

Could you take the calls for all incoming bids? Presumably the worse the bid, the bigger the raspberry? Or would that give away how much we are really looking for?

This is not just about Lallana. People are missing the point here....players come and go, but if you asked any fan 8 months ago who would be the LEAST likely player to leave the club based their current standing, many would have said Lallana. What has changed in that time? And why can the Board no longer retain players like Adam on lengthy contracts? I've just forked out a significant amount of money on an increased cost ST when the club is starting to lose its best players and probably its best performing Manager. Excuse me if I'm feeling a bit peeved about that!

8 months ago Lallana was unlikely to be going to the World Cup let alone pushing for a starting place, he wasn't in the PFA team of the year and he wasn't being chased by a team as big as Liverpool who will more than double his wages and give him Champions League football.

Of course your bleating about Cortese but it isn't that black and white.

Could you take the calls for all incoming bids? Presumably the worse the bid' date=' the bigger the raspberry? Or would that give away how much we are really looking for?[/quote']

if it's less than £20m i would laugh like drain, if it's less than £25m i would pretend i mis-heard "what's that? £50m you say?", it it's less than £30m tho that is when i would give them the respectful raspberry. More than £30m there will be awkward silence on my end of the line while i imagine a new luxury yacht rammed with delicious ho's.

And this, I fancy, is where most supporters are; we simply do not know how this board will react to these advances for our best players. Over the last few years many would expect Cortese to drive a ridiculously hard bargain so that any deal were heavily weighted in Saints' favour.

We will find out in due course if this current board do indeed have the strength and resolve to hold these bigger teams to ransom. I visit RAWK (Liverpool forum) and Redcafe (United forum) and I read a lot of misinformation about how much 'supposed' trouble we are in financially. Those forums reference the £27m that is owed in unpaid transfer fees as reasons to believe we are in dire trouble and will accept anything.

When this transfer 'black-hole' was revealed after the new regime came in we were told that it was manageable and that we would not have to sell our best players to plug the gap. Reed then gave his war-cry announcing the same policy just before the end of the season.

My only hope is that we get what we want for these players. It is a fact that we cannot stop our best players going to the bigger clubs. It is a cartel and one which the big teams have abused over the years. If the Sky money has done anything for the next tier of teams it is allow them to not be bullied into selling their prizes on the cheap.

With that said I would also like us to honour, in full, the agreement with Bournemouth should Lallana be sold. I would like to think we are still a fair and honest club with a decent reputation in these matters. For me, the way we are conducting our business regarding all the speculation has been faultless. We are not going out in the press trying to whip up a bidding war. Unlike Liverpool and United who have used media sources to get their bids out there and into the public domain in what I can only think is attempts to unsettle our players.

I apologise for posting something too cryptic/ironic for some without the nouse to understand. This mongboard posting is such serious business for the likes of yourself, I really should have known better.

I consider myself to be fairly intelligent, but I haven't got a f*cling clue what you are on about. Please explain for morons like me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I apologise for posting something too cryptic/ironic for some without the nouse to understand. This mongboard posting is such serious business for the likes of yourself, I really should have known better.

Heaven forbid anyone would take this forum seriously. By the way, have you calmed down from your little "I'm in the know and you are all being horrible to me" tantrum?