Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

I do like that tone of articles i've seen today has shifted to us not wanting to sell. Still think the amounts being talked about for a likely attacking england starter at the peak of his career are insulting. £20M is a joke, add another 15M at least to that.

Considering Felliani went for 27.5m I would agree we should get at least the same amount. Although Felliani has had a ****e season he was an influential player at Everton playing well, like AL. Similar ages too.

Is £20m a joke? Things might have changed in a Bosman-esque way of sorts. FFP rules mean that clubs do have to think about how much they spend (or rather, most clubs do) so maybe the days of the vastly over priced transfer is over. Maybe not - I guess time will tell, and the rich will get richer, while the poor just look on and help support these "elite" clubs make even more money.

Well sorry to disappoint you, but there really isn't anything to say. The club probably don't give minute by minute updates to players parents regarding transfer news, and nor do their sons for that matter. Besides, despite the fact that he is pretty open and happy to talk about Adam, I really don't feel comfortable about taking advantage and grilling him.

Well done kpturner great attitude and absolutely the correct way to be.

If you can't reveal your source then fair enough although it would be nice to know some details about them I.e. Another player, coach, director, taxi driver etc

I would also say if not true you should be banned from the forum for giving us all false hope. Will you agree to that or are you honest enough to admit its bull**** now?

I do hope you are right btw just can't see it.

Ewell right or wrong he is not answerable to you and free to post whatever he may have heard even if it turns out to be false! Just like every other potential ITK.

Its cringeworthy watching this WUM troll backtracking, at least Barry Sanchez held his ground (RIP).

cringeworthy is your post holepuncture. Ever heard of Freedom of Speech. This is a Forum nothing more.

If you want to know the truth then you will have to wait until official word. Otherwise accept word of mouth and speculation until then.

cringeworthy is your post holepuncture. Ever heard of Freedom of Speech. This is a Forum nothing more.

If you want to know the truth then you will have to wait until official word. Otherwise accept word of mouth and speculation until then.

This is a private message board.

Why in earth is anyone entitled to freedom of speech on such a place

A perfect example of headlines versus fact right here....

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/475795/Adam-Lallana-prepares-TRANSFER-REQUEST-to-seal-Liverpool-move

Journalists...

Love the concept of him "preparing" a request. Is he sitting at the kitchen table with a pencil and paper saying "Mum, how do I spell 'request' and does my address go at the top right of the letter?"

Considering Felliani went for 27.5m I would agree we should get at least the same amount. Although Felliani has had a ****e season he was an influential player at Everton playing well, like AL. Similar ages too.

Regardless of his very poor season at Utd he was very very good last year at Everton. And basically it was a rushed signing after Utd had failed with other transfers summed up by the fact Moyes bought him after his buy out clause ran out, Everton knew that.

Though I do think Lallana should be worth 30m its hard to quantify any fees when you get the likes of costa and aguero going for similar prices to Carroll.

Regardless of his very poor season at Utd he was very very good last year at Everton. And basically it was a rushed signing after Utd had failed with other transfers summed up by the fact Moyes bought him after his buy out clause ran out, Everton knew that.

Though I do think Lallana should be worth 30m its hard to quantify any fees when you get the likes of costa and aguero going for similar prices to Carroll.

Aguero and Costa had buyout clauses - puts a lid on what they could fetch in a truly open and insane market.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 5m

Liverpool Echo reporting a new improved bid for Adam Lallana #saintsfc

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

this cant be true, PATRED on the uglies says this is all work of NC trying to stir it all up

he is ITK

Well sorry to disappoint you, but there really isn't anything to say. The club probably don't give minute by minute updates to players parents regarding transfer news, and nor do their sons for that matter. Besides, despite the fact that he is pretty open and happy to talk about Adam, I really don't feel comfortable about taking advantage and grilling him.

My mum and sister do not even know where I work, the fact I quit my job and started a new one, or if it was for more or less money!

i talked a bird at work into giving me 1 too

Can I just state for the record, you Bear have been in exceptional form today. If I wasn't so scared of what I might meet, I'd gladly buy you a pint in the real world for the laffs and giggles you've supplied just this evening.

I was told tonight (and believe me the person would know) that Adam genuinely hasn't made up his mind and was only focused on the world cup. I accept that the person who told me could have done so just to shut me up (as I have been badgering her for some info), but I did get the feeling it was true. I was also told some of the details of what Liverpool are offering, but am not going to post that. Only that the conversation ended "what would you do"? And a laugh. But it was "what would you do" in a "its a no brainer" way which worried me.

People can believe me if they want or think I'm full of pony, but I know it happened.

I was told tonight (and believe me the person would know) that Adam genuinely hasn't made up his mind and was only focused on the world cup. I accept that the person who told me could have done so just to shut me up (as I have been badgering her for some info), but I did get the feeling it was true. I was also told some of the details of what Liverpool are offering, but am not going to post that. Only that the conversation ended "what would you do"? And a laugh. But it was "what would you do" in a "its a no brainer" way which worried me.

People can believe me if they want or think I'm full of pony, but I know it happened.

Do you get a sense anything will be tied up before the WC, as Hodgson seems to be urging?

Rory Smith is the best football writer in the country and he's nailed it there, as he does in everything he writes.

A great read and very fair-minded. Should remind everyone that nothing is done and we only have hunches to rely on as a guide.

Good read that. Worrying that he suggests the offers have not been rejected as reported. Also worrying that the Lallana bid is lower than I would of anticipated.

Indeed it would be interesting to see how this all played out with Don Cortese at the helm.

Good read that. Worrying that he suggests the offers have not been rejected as reported. Also worrying that the Lallana bid is lower than I would of anticipated.

Indeed it would be interesting to see how this all played out with Don Cortese at the helm.

Surely a £17 million pound bid would be rejected out of hand, especially with the 25% sell on clause. That'd only leave us with £12.75 million for an English international who made the PFA player of the year shortlist and has four years left on his contract. We bought two players for about that much last year. Would be madness to sell our best player for the same amount, especially considering the length of his contract, his status within the club, the "English premium" and with all the extra TV money coming in.

Absolutely no chance they'll get him for £17M

If that figure's correct and we haven't already rejected it, it's either because we're not going to bother replying at all, or we're just waiting to eat up transfer window time and leave them with less to play with and push his value up.

Absolutely no chance they'll get him for £17M

If that figure's correct and we haven't already rejected it, it's either because we're not going to bother replying at all, or we're just waiting to eat up transfer window time and leave them with less to play with and push his value up.

Or, there is a release clause in AL's contract, just thinking aloud here!

Surely a £17 million pound bid would be rejected out of hand, especially with the 25% sell on clause. That'd only leave us with £12.75 million for an English international who made the PFA player of the year shortlist and has four years left on his contract. We bought two players for about that much last year. Would be madness to sell our best player for the same amount, especially considering the length of his contract, his status within the club, the "English premium" and with all the extra TV money coming in.

This!

No chance we would accept £17m. How much did they pay for Carroll again? And Henderson? £25 million seems more realistic.

£25m is realistic if we wanted to sell him. Taking in to account the fact he is our most important player, the fact he's in the PFA player of the year, he is English, the new TV money, the remaining 4 years on his contract and the fact that the club (I hope) don't want to sell him, tell them its £40m or nothing. If they want him it should be on our terms, not theirs.

£25m is realistic if we wanted to sell him. Taking in to account the fact he is our most important player, the fact he's in the PFA player of the year, he is English, the new TV money, the remaining 4 years on his contract and the fact that the club (I hope) don't want to sell him, tell them its £40m or nothing. If they want him it should be on our terms, not theirs.

Then he hands in a transfer request and we have to sell for a knock down price, IF (and it's a big if), the rumours are true and Adam is at least considering his options we'll just aggravate him if we set unrealistic terms.