Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

Lallana wasn't that great last season. Puncheon was better. Is Puncheon worth 25 million?

If we sell Lallana but sign a couple of decent attackers and a decent goalie and MP stays there is no reason why we can't do just as well next season.

Lallana wasn't that great last season. Puncheon was better. Is Puncheon worth 25 million?

If we sell Lallana but sign a couple of decent attackers and a decent goalie and MP stays there is no reason why we can't do just as well next season.

Saw virtually every game of his in the flesh - he's obviously stepped up this season; but he was much better than claims than he should be dropped because we were more solid and balanced without him. Thats just mongboardery at its finest.

He actually started to kick on once Cork returned and was excellent at QPR and then continued that form, showing a real, and under appreciated willingness to track back until an injury somewhat derailed things. Many on here chose to ignore all this.

It would be very hard to turn down an offer of c. £30m+ for Adam. He will be in his prime for the next 2-3 years, and will likely decrease in value after then. Despite all the polemic on here, I'm fairly sure Adam will have (or will have had) a tough decision to make. I think his feelings towards are club are genuine, but the lure of a large wage rise and playing at the top level is fairly persuasive. My guess is that if we have a 'project' to sell, coupled with a 30% pay rise we'd be likely to retain him.

The problem I perceive is that the new board haven't yet been tested. We've heard lots of PR huff and puff, but have yet to see any major decisions. The project, that was so unambiguous under Cortese is somewhat uncertain - we as fans have no real idea whether the club plan to sell, consolidate of push on next season. Only the latter is likely to persuade Adam to stay.

I can't see Cortese having been so ponderous over renewing Mauricio's contract. The matter would have been discussed, privately, and resolved before inevitable media questioning. More importantly a new 'project' would have probably been laid out.

I hope that the new board live up to the high standards set by Cortese - the next few weeks are likely to tell us the direction we will be taking over the next few years. Retaining Adam, Shaw and all the other core members of the squad; laying out a clear and ambitious objective for the team; and sounding out some potential 15+ goal targets should be the matter of the day. The current perception of selling and negativity doesn't fill me with confidence.

I can't see a Duncan 'hagiology' suggesting this, but I am starting to feel that the loss of Cortese could be our high-water mark for the next few years. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

News from a club source today. 2 bids were made today, both will most likely be rejected. Neither players are forcing a move. Also talks were held with Mopo, and went well but frequenty interrupted (Bids & WC squad announcements) So, every cloud has a silver lining

News from a club source today. 2 bids were made today, both will most likely be rejected. Neither players are forcing a move. Also talks were held with Mopo, and went well but frequenty interrupted (Bids & WC squad announcements) So, every cloud has a silver lining

How reliable is this club source? Tea lady or director

Its good news, I shall believe it! :D

Was it? You obviously weren't watching him very closely.

Sunshine, it's a Lallana thread; someone pointed out the irony that only a year ago Lallana was out of a favour on here; someone else responded that it was only a single WUM; your thread takes the biscuit in terms of its stupidity, proving the original poster's point. That's all.

I respect that the mongboard is serious business for you but no need to read too much into things :lol:

What were you saying yesterday about wading in not reading threads properly?! I clearly said in the OP on that thread I'm a big fan of his and believe you should play the beat players, but we looked a more solid unit without. Then asked the question are we a better side without him? Hardly calling for him to be dropped you utter lemon :lol:

Not reading posts properly and rewriting history. Mongboardary at it's finest :lol:

Taking things seriously like following people round, even using posts that they've made on other forums to prove a made up point that doesn't exist. Yes pal, it's me taking it seriously :lol:

Edited by Turkish

That thread was fair comment at the time. Just read it now and most are making reasonable points. Obviously Adam has gone up a few gears since then and become a lot more important to us. Shurlock is being a WUM as per usual.

He's obsessed pal. Like I said in the OP on the thread, I'm a big fan of his

And believe you should play your best players. However one of the biggest criticisms of his and of the team the first half of last season was how exposed our left back was. Partly because fox wasn't up to it and Shaw was still emerging, both needed a bit more protection escpecialy away from home. Shaw has Obviously come on leaps and bounds too which has helped that as well as the system we play now being different to the one under Adkins. I'm sure he'll now say none of this happened, our fullbacks were never exposed and Our system hasn't changed.

Just shows a measure of his obsession that he'll rewrite history and use threads totally out of context In his crusade against me. And I though a while back when he used posts from other forums which were said as a joke and completely unrelated to the thread was a bit wierd :lol:

I'm trying to decide where forum member ranks in the reliability table along with chaplain, hairdresser and 20 guys at a party.

I'm still chuckling at the one about the club chaplain predicting a mass exodus...very good

For a team from the Premier League to play in the Champions League with a prospect of some success it must have at least a few players valued at £20m or above. If Champions League is SFC's ambition why would it sell its most expensive players and buy cheaper ones? Players under contract can't force a sale but they could go on strike, which seems very unlikely for players who have come through the Academy and appear to have a loyalty to the club. Obviously money matters but its in the club's hands to do something about that. The enquiries for Lallana and Shaw can be batted back if the board does have a plan that will keep the player's loyalty. The rumour I choose to believe at the moment is that enquiries have been made and are being refused.

If we have rejected Man U offer for Shaw I would have thought we will also reject liverpool a for Lallana. Can't see us rejecting one but then accepting an offer for our captain.

The amount of players Man U have "put offers in for" according to the papers is crazy, close of £200m I reckon and don't even have a manager yet.

Both teams need to focus on defence (Man U centre backs) as their main priority

If we lost Lallana and signed an attacking midfielder from Uruguay's World Cup squad I think we'd be satisfied. In terms of technique, I can't see us signing better than Ramirez but that problems needs solving. He needs to play, he's being wasted completely. He either steps up and plays most games next season and shows what he can do, or we need to get rid of him.

Guess he's another one who could see his value rise at the world cup if he gets a game or two.

Every time he would have a run in the team he seems to get injured (like since Jay Rod got injured). I like him as a player and he has generally contributed well this season when he has played but I'm starting to think we might struggle to ever rely on him.

If we have rejected Man U offer for Shaw I would have thought we will also reject liverpool a for Lallana. Can't see us rejecting one but then accepting an offer for our captain.

The amount of players Man U have "put offers in for" according to the papers is crazy, close of £200m I reckon and don't even have a manager yet.

Remember the Utd scattergun approach last year, offering all sorts of very last minute deals, in order to just end up with Fellani

His injury record was better last season. I have a feeling if/when he leaves these injuries might improve. I don't think being in and out the team, getting a few mins here and there helps to be honest.

Selfishly for Saints I had some kind of hope he wouldn´t make the cut for their WC squad to get a rest now followed by a proper preseason....

Manchester United's owners stated some months ago that they would be spending £150-£200m in the summer - so it's quite possible that they will bring in lots of players & say adios to quite a few too.

Hogdson's comments are odd...

Hodgson said: "If we were in Miami and it was a last minute thing and they wanted to send a doctor over and we had a free afternoon and could Adam Lallana go and do a medical in his free afternoon, I am not going to say: 'You can't do that'."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/307337.html#aEt2d0VjYBYDX2hi.99

Does look like Adam is on his way.

Hodgson said: "If we were in Miami and it was a last minute thing and they wanted to send a doctor over and we had a free afternoon and could Adam Lallana go and do a medical in his free afternoon, I am not going to say: 'You can't do that'."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/307337.html#aEt2d0VjYBYDX2hi.99

Very unprofessional of him to name names in that context.

I imagine the journalist presented a hypothetical.

That's silly money, I'd sell him for that if it meant making substantial funds available to the manager and keeping everyone else. Would't sell for less though.

The trouble with Lallana is the 25% we have to give to Bournemouth. Already you have to deduct VAT from whatever you get,

so that knocks 30 million back to about 25, 6.25 million of that for Bournemouth then agents fees, player's cut and whatever we may owe Lallana in the way of loyalty bonuses and whatever have you and we'll be left with not so much to sign a replacement.

Lallana has been superb for us this season, in part I think because the team has been constructed to play to his strengths. Shaw imo could go on and be a success anywhere.

Sell either of them for £30m (but not both) would potentially strengthen the team with two incoming key players and a couple of squad members. Its a nice position to be in, not cue for a massive panic.

The trouble with Lallana is the 25% we have to give to Bournemouth. Already you have to deduct VAT from whatever you get,

so that knocks 30 million back to about 25, 6.25 million of that for Bournemouth then agents fees, player's cut and whatever we may owe Lallana in the way of loyalty bonuses and whatever have you and we'll be left with not so much to sign a replacement.

"The transfer of footballers is subject to VAT in the same way as any other goods or services. Domestic transfers in the UK are taxable at the 17.5% standard rate. However, transfers between football clubs in the EU are relieved of VAT. Sales from a UK club to a buyer outside the EU are also free of VAT, although if a UK club buys a player from outside the EU it must account for VAT on the purchase.

The transfer window has no real effect on the VAT position. If a club has a December VAT period, but wants to buy a player in the first week of January it could bring the tax point forward by requesting a VAT invoice from the selling club on 31 December. Of course, this might meant that the selling club has to pay its VAT three months earlier.

Read more at http://www.taxationweb.co.uk/forum/football-transfers-t22078.html#2cTOhj8Ryu5jws4r.99"

The fee will be net of VAT as the buying club can claim it back, so we only have to worry about bournemouth

Liverpool Echo says they've only bid 20 million and that we want 25, that being 18.75 for us and 6.25 for Bournemouth then, urk the thought of giving them a hand-out like that just rankles, they'll only waste it . Perhaps we could try to fob them off with Sharp, Jos and Mayuka for about 25% of it.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Not sure on the VAT front, but the rest I agree with. If Lallana wants to walk after signing a 5 year contract, he should have the balls to request a transfer and forgo his 'loyalty' bonus. That's the least he could do. I have no information from any source on this yet btw. But this is how it looks from the inside

Apropos of nothing, how many assists did Lallana get in the last 18 games of the season?

Not sure on the VAT front, but the rest I agree with. If Lallana wants to walk after signing a 5 year contract, he should have the balls to request a transfer and forgo his 'loyalty' bonus. That's the least he could do. I have no information from any source on this yet btw. But this is how it looks from the inside

Apropos of nothing, how many assists did Lallana get in the last 18 games of the season?

One for saints, and one for England.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/21683/Fixtures/Adam-Lallana