You must have all realised......

Block34

...that the indecent haste by RL to get signed up by Liverpool now is to make sure that when he plays in the world cup it is as a Liverpool player, not as a Southampton player.

Don't care how long this has been going on, months in all likelihood, but he could have had some common decency and waited so that "Southampton's goal machine" was there representing us.

But no, cheers Pal, it's appreciated!

Not!

So if AL and LS both go similarly before the WC starts (and remember, players have to want to leave!), then only the 'big' clubs will have representation and history will show that what happened during Southampton's meteoric rise from League on to 8th in the Premiership mattered or counted for nothing!

So the conspiracy to put us down succeeds - let this be a warning to every other club out side the top 6 in the Premiership - no matter what your dreams and aspirations, push the top6 too hard and they'll put you down, you simply will not be allowed to join their club - they have far too much to lose!

Don't care how long this has been going on, months in all likelihood...

According to Lambert himself, it would appear so. He gave an interview on TV where he admitted he'd been speaking to Steven Gerrard about a move for a few months.

Any idea how high up this goes block? Is it just ITV & Liverpool trying to block Saints name getting mentioned in Brazil or do you think FIFA or maybe Downing Street are in on this too?

Oh feck, someone go and find Pap.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Definitely think it suits Liverpool's commercial agenda to have more Liverpool England players on show as well as avoiding risk that those players have stunning tournaments and their value and interest increases.

Don't want Lallana to leave at all but as Saints Captain he simply has to go to the world Cup as a Saints player at bare minimum. This board apparently want to increase global profile and world cup is biggest global showcase and Lallana is an england starter.

Equally imagine Baines pulls a hamstring and Shaw showcases his world class talent on a global stage as a saints player. He'd be suddenly worth far more than Man U are apparently offering too. Only desperate idiots would agree any deal at this point in time.

According to Lambert himself, it would appear so. He gave an interview on TV where he admitted he'd been speaking to Steven Gerrard about a move for a few months.

The Club tried to get RL to go to West Ham some months ago so you cannot blame him for sorting his own future out asap.

The Club tried to get RL to go to West Ham some months ago so you cannot blame him for sorting his own future out asap.

Yep agreed. And a move to your boyhood club (probably the last club he'll play for) after they've qualified for the Champions league is a complete no-brainer. Of course he'll want that to happen. Who wouldn't?

Legend of a player for the Saints, and I only have fond memories. I don't begrudge the move one little bit. I do begrudge the fact that we've just let him go so easily, for such a paltry up-front price, and with only an 18 year old or a stroppy Italian malcontent as his only current replacement. The fact that we "might sign someone" gives me little comfort right now.

So far Mopo and Lambert have failed to be convinced by the boards forward plans and vision it is therefore not an unreasonable extrapolation to conclude many of the other players have the same thoughts.

It was always a danger given the close knit nature of our team and the fact they all bought into a vision which it appears is no longer there.

The board have one hell of a job now to motivate what is left of our team in time for the start of the season

So far Mopo and Lambert have failed to be convinced by the boards forward plans and vision it is therefore not an unreasonable extrapolation to conclude many of the other players have the same thoughts.

It was always a danger given the close knit nature of our team and the fact they all bought into a vision which it appears is no longer there.

The board have one hell of a job now to motivate what is left of our team in time for the start of the season

Oh FFS, Pochettino has gone for a massive pay day, Lambert has gone to pull on his dream shirt.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

In fairness looking at in hindsight Lambert must have known his days were numbered this last season first the club tried to replace him with Osvaldo then NC tried to flog him to WHU. Lambert probably figured he might as well move before he was pushed.

So far Mopo and Lambert have failed to be convinced by the boards forward plans and vision

Spurs and Liverpool are always going to be a step up the ladder, I'm not sure there is anything that could have been said by anyone to stop them leaving. Even if Cortese was still here with a cunning plan I doubt the outcome would be any different.

...that the indecent haste by RL to get signed up by Liverpool now is to make sure that when he plays in the world cup it is as a Liverpool player, not as a Southampton player.

Don't care how long this has been going on, months in all likelihood, but he could have had some common decency and waited so that "Southampton's goal machine" was there representing us.

But no, cheers Pal, it's appreciated!

Not!

So if AL and LS both go similarly before the WC starts (and remember, players have to want to leave!), then only the 'big' clubs will have representation and history will show that what happened during Southampton's meteoric rise from League on to 8th in the Premiership mattered or counted for nothing!

So the conspiracy to put us down succeeds - let this be a warning to every other club out side the top 6 in the Premiership - no matter what your dreams and aspirations, push the top6 too hard and they'll put you down, you simply will not be allowed to join their club - they have far too much to lose!

2SuKsn8n_normal.jpegAdam Blackmore

· May 30

Worth #saintsfc fans noting a couple of things - the Lambert deal has happened very quickly, since yesterday, with Liverpool saying >>

· May 30

>>> if it wasn't done before squad fly off to Miami, they would move on. So, with Rickie wanting to go, could Saints deny him >>>

· May 30

>>> a dream move back to Liverpool after his services to the club - and Saints get a better financial deal to push it though.

>>> if it wasn't done before squad fly off to Miami, they would move on. So, with Rickie wanting to go, could Saints deny him >>>

That's just Liverpool trying to play hard ball if true. We would have been well within our rights to say fine, move on, and i fully expect liverpool would have come back after the World Cup (Unless Lambert was injured).

Spurs and Liverpool are always going to be a step up the ladder, I'm not sure there is anything that could have been said by anyone to stop them leaving. Even if Cortese was still here with a cunning plan I doubt the outcome would be any different.

I actually think if NC was still here MP would have been sacked TBH. Apparently MP was tasked with a top 6 finish which he failed to achieve, NC and MP had some fallings out, and according to Adam Blackmore NC tried to sack him at Christmas.

I actually think if NC was still here MP would have been sacked TBH. Apparently MP was tasked with a top 6 finish which he failed to achieve, NC and MP had some fallings out, and according to Adam Blackmore NC tried to sack him at Christmas.

But he communicated with the players and he didn't. And that's all that matters.

What price a bit of communication now, huh?

That's just Liverpool trying to play hard ball if true. We would have been well within our rights to say fine, move on, and i fully expect liverpool would have come back after the World Cup (Unless Lambert was injured).

Plus the more you look at it the clearer it becomes that the club have wanted to replace Lambert for a while so 4 million quid is a decent return for a player heading towards his mid thirties.

Edited by doddisalegend

But he communicated with the players and he didn't. And that's all that matters.

heh??? not quite sure what your saying.

Not knocking NC just think MP might have been given the heave ho this summer if NC was still here

I expect the reason the players are being kept n the dark is because they wont like what they would be told ie: what Cortese promised - aint gonna happen because there is not enough cash.

heh??? not quite sure what your saying.

Not knocking NC just think MP might have been given the heave ho this summer if NC was still here

If you believe Blackmore, NC didn't because he sought advice from the players and was talked out of it. A bit of a contrast with today's situation where the players and board don't appear to be talking at all.

In fairness looking at in hindsight Lambert must have known his days were numbered this last season first the club tried to replace him with Osvaldo then NC tried to flog him to WHU. Lambert probably figured he might as well move before he was pushed.

Adam Blackmore confirmed earlier that the club denied him a move to West Ham but didn't say when, so we don't know if it was Cortese or Krueger. I expect Rickie and Cortese were on the same wavelength and trying to sort something out

Adam Blackmore confirmed earlier that the club denied him a move to West Ham but didn't say when, so we don't know if it was Cortese or Krueger. I expect Rickie and Cortese were on the same wavelength and trying to sort something out

I'm so glad he didn't go to WH. Liverpool I can just about come to terms with because he's from there and grew up supporting them.

Didn't he have quite a strange contract....if he played a certain number of games (half during the season?) then he would get a years extension at £40k per week? Fact is, he wasn't getting any quicker and I highly doubt that at the end of his current contract in 2016, he would get another with us.

Didn't he have quite a strange contract....if he played a certain number of games (half during the season?) then he would get a years extension at £40k per week? Fact is, he wasn't getting any quicker and I highly doubt that at the end of his current contract in 2016, he would get another with us.

I think that's close to the truth. I think if this happened at any other time most people, though sad about it, would have seen it as a good move for everyone involved. Because of all the **** going on around the club at the moment the selling of a 32 year old striker for £4 million has suddenly become a massive issue for everyone.

I thought Liverpool would have made a move LAST summer for Rickie.

Of course he wanted to go and 'pool have just dangled the cash now. It's great for him and he genuinely did 'take us to the Premier League, Rickie'.

Pretty much £93 million profit there in that move (£3m plus TV cash).

If any saint has had ever had a spiritual home elsewhere, it's SRL. I just can't grief him for taking that opportunity.

Yep agreed. And a move to your boyhood club (probably the last club he'll play for) after they've qualified for the Champions league is a complete no-brainer. Of course he'll want that to happen. Who wouldn't?

Legend of a player for the Saints, and I only have fond memories. I don't begrudge the move one little bit. I do begrudge the fact that we've just let him go so easily, for such a paltry up-front price, and with only an 18 year old or a stroppy Italian malcontent as his only current replacement. The fact that we "might sign someone" gives me little comfort right now.

THIS ! ...well said Kraken.

If we sign the " right manager" then he'll know who he wants and they'll be money available if Ramirez and /or Osvaldo move on ....even without the suggested Lallana /Shaw deals .

THIS ! ...well said Kraken.

If we sign the " right manager" then he'll know who he wants and they'll be money available if Ramirez and /or Osvaldo move on ....even without the suggested Lallana /Shaw deals .

Under the right manager Ramirez could be a huge asset. Not sure MP got the best out of him