Les Reed interview next on SSN

saint lard

Reed...'looking forward to Liverpool away,take it positively......will take the same result as last season'......'Rickie will get a fantastic reaction from our fans......special nature of transfer....real gentleman.....

'Nothing happening reference Lallana,we will deal with transfers right for club.....no hurry to expect him to leave'

'Had discussion with Koeman reference recruitment....anyone leaves they will be replaced with high calibre people.

'Difficult with World Cup,we tried to help Roy with no talk of transfers on our part'

'We want to strengthen,had some issues,over that,wish MP well....but we are raising the the bar with Ronald Koeman.'

Nothing ground breaking but sounds very positive,as you would expect him to be..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He said as much as he could really.

Quite clear there will still be a lot of developments, both in and out this window.

When you add contract talks for Cork and Fonte there is a hell of a lot to be done to get ready for Aug 16th.

Certainly unlikely that for first couple of friendlies we will have anything like the team that will play in the league.

Reed...'looking forward to Liverpool away,take it positively......will take the same result as last season'......'Rickie will get a fantastic reaction from our fans......special nature of transfer....real gentleman.....

'Nothing happening reference Lallana,we will deal with transfers right for club.....no hurry to expect him to leave'

'Had discussion with Koeman reference recruitment....anyone leaves they will be replaced with high calibre people.

'Difficult with World Cup,we tried to help Roy with no talk of transfers on our part'

'We want to strengthen,had some issues,over that,wish MP well....but we are raising the the bar with Ronald Koeman.'

Nothing ground breaking but sounds very positive,as you would expect him to be..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its quite clear, not just from this interview but from all public statements, that SFC are none too pleased with how Spurs and Liverpool have acted in the early days of the close season.

Its quite clear, not just from this interview but from all public statements, that SFC are none too pleased with how Spurs and Liverpool have acted in the early days of the close season.

I think it's fairly clear they're none too happy about how Lallana has gone about things.

I think it's fairly clear they're none too happy about how Lallana has gone about things.

When Reed was interviewed a week or so ago,he put his foot in it with regard to players publicly using the media to announce their desire to leave the club,then backtracked and said "clubs unsettling player"

Had a suspicion he was on about Ads,seems to add up in hindsight

He will not get a good reception if he plays against us first game of the season I would imagine

That will either be the agents or the players having conversations with the like of gerard, who then gobbed off

i wonder what those issues were, maybe the overpriced osvaldis . i wouldnt wish MP well

In short, MoPo spuds and Liverpool can go do one? Lallana on a tightrope on the edge of getting the same treatment?

If I give MoPo any reaction it will be boo-ing for sure. Whilst he stuck with us, he was clearly posturing for a new club, tagged the club, players and board a long for the ride, and I will never forgive him for Sunderland away.

Yet again, Reed appears to be at the heart of everything positive about southampton. And to think he was getting widely slammed at times on our ascent.

Feeling positive and glad I renewed!

There a link to this ?

On Liverpool game: "No problems with that. I don't mind those 'tough' fixtures. We'll take that positively. We've got plenty of time to prepare. I'm looking forward to the game and the start of the season."

On Rickie: "I think they (the Saints fans) will give Rickie a fantastic reaction. Rickie has done fantastic things for this club. The fans adore him and were disappointed to see him go. But I think they've understood the special nature of that transfer and they'll never forget what Rickie's done here. He's a real gentleman, the move has gone smoothly and he's been very respectful. And I think our fans respect him. I think they'll give him an ovation and I don't see a problem with that."

On Adam: "There's nothing happening at the moment, he's out at the World Cup. There's a lot of media speculation. As I've said repeatedly, we will deal with player transfers if they're right for the club. I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to be worrying about Adam lining up against us."

On Koeman: "Of course (asked about Koeman being keen to keep Lallana), he wants a strong squad and a strong team. We've had initial discussions. We've taken a very positive stance on it, Ronald and myself. If we can hold on to our players and those players want to be here, then we will add to it. If players do move, it'll be because it's the right thing for the club. And if they do move they will be replaced with high-quality replacements."

On Incomings: "We've got a fantastic manager with a great reputation. Players are going to want to play for him. I think it'll take its course over the course of the transfer window. Obviously it's more difficult with the World Cup. These deals are being done behind the scenes at management and executive level. It'll just run its course. As we've always said, we want to strengthen. We've had a few issues to deal with, but we've got over that."

On Next Season: "We've got our manager now. He's won trophies, he's played in Europe as a manager and a player. We think we're raising the bar, and we have got everything to be positive about."

There a link to this ?

Two articles from yours using his comments from Sky...

Southampton looking to 'raise the bar', says Saints chief - http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/18/ca-southampton-looking-to-raise-the-bar-says-saints-chief/

Reed wishes Lambert well but in no hurry to worry about Lallana - http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/18/ca-reed-wishes-lambert-well-but-in-no-hurry-to-worry-about-lalla/

He said as much as he could really.

Quite clear there will still be a lot of developments, both in and out this window.

When you add contract talks for Cork and Fonte there is a hell of a lot to be done to get ready for Aug 16th.

Certainly unlikely that for first couple of friendlies we will have anything like the team that will play in the league.

Are their contracts up this Summer then?

Les is clearly proving himself to be the mastermind behind our rise up through the leagues. It's good to see him taking a role with the profile that a man of his talent deserves. It's pretty evident that the new board recognise what a significant role he has at this club. I think in the future fans will see him as a kind of modern day Ted Bates. Obviously without the same length of service, but with an impact just as productive.

Les is clearly proving himself to be the mastermind behind our rise up through the leagues. It's good to see him taking a role with the profile that a man of his talent deserves. It's pretty evident that the new board recognise what a significant role he has at this club. I think in the future fans will see him as a kind of modern day Ted Bates. Obviously without the same length of service, but with an impact just as productive.

I have started to see him as the father of the club.

Strange turn of phrase"in no hurry to worry about Lallana".

It was "I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to be worrying about Adam lining up against us". He was talking to the journos in response to a question about playing against Lallana. Seems fairly clear he meant there is no story - ergo Lallana isn't going anywhere.

Edited by buctootim