Here's on for you.

redmotorstone

New on here and first post so I though I would try something to test the water, so, please be kind :?

Assume lets say that we can stem the leavers, and assume KL decides today go on one mother of a shopping trip to Harrods and spends the family pot, leaving not a farthing for any new players.

What would your team be for the opening game? :scared:

Are you wanting realistic signings or teams that come from la-la land. Because if the latter why would we keep any of our existing players :lol:

The question was what's your starting XI based on the players at the club right now. Fair to assume the Tadic signing is done, so he's included. On the flipside, we know Rodriguez won't be available until near Christmas.

With that in mind, I'd go:

Boruc

Clyne - Lovren - Fonte - Targett

Wanyama - Schneiderlin

Ramirez - S Davis - Tadic

Osvaldo ( :lol: )

The question was what's your starting XI based on the players at the club right now. Fair to assume the Tadic signing is done, so he's included. On the flipside, we know Rodriguez won't be available until near Christmas.

With that in mind, I'd go:

Boruc

Clyne - Lovren - Fonte - Targett

Wanyama - Schneiderlin

Ramirez - S Davis - Tadic

Osvaldo ( :lol: )

Oh right - I read that as the owner spending ****loads on a new team :mcinnes:

Boruc

Chambers - Fonte - Lovren - Clyne

Cork - Wanyama

Davis - Schneiderlin - Tadic

Osvaldo

Lots of 1-0 wins :smug:

Boruc

Fonte Yoshi

Chambers Clyne

Morgan Big Vic

Davis Tadic Jay Rod

Pelle

Assuming that the Tadic and Pelle deals happens and that Lovren leaves. Cork , Gaston and JWP strong back ups but would be worried about depth up front , at the back and in goal.

Interesting - do you (posters above) think that Lovren could be rehabilitated within the SFC family? Manning up and saying that you are sorry is a big thing to do and something that most people seem incapable of doing. I really don't want to bring the Lovren thread on to this one, but just asking how realistic that is. Would have Yoshida over Hooiveld.

Interesting - do you (posters above) think that Lovren could be rehabilitated within the SFC family? Manning up and saying that you are sorry is a big thing to do and something that most people seem incapable of doing. I really don't want to bring the Lovren thread on to this one, but just asking how realistic that is. Would have Yoshida over Hooiveld.

No but then the question posed is unrealistic too so if he is a Saints player then I'm damn well playing him over Yoshida and Hooiveld :lol:

Not so unrealistic really, KL could say stuff it I'm off and we would be left with what we have now. Good point raised as well, Schneiderlin and Lovren, could they really play again for us after recent comments?

Massive bridges to build, IMHO.

Not so unrealistic really, KL could say stuff it I'm off and we would be left with what we have now. Good point raised as well, Schneiderlin and Lovren, could they really play again for us after recent comments?

Massive bridges to build, IMHO.

Has Schneiderlin said anything more recently than his "I'll meet with the new manager and see what he has to say" quote? I must admit I've not been following that particular saga too closely.

Has Schneiderlin said anything more recently than his "I'll meet with the new manager and see what he has to say" quote? I must admit I've not been following that particular saga too closely.

Morgan has behaved with complete professionalism.

Latest is he's waiting to see what our ambitions are

New on here and first post so I though I would try something to test the water, so, please be kind :?

Assume lets say that we can stem the leavers, and assume KL decides today go on one mother of a shopping trip to Harrods and spends the family pot, leaving not a farthing for any new players.

so trying to be " kind "... let's me say this.

Do we really want to keep players here " by force of contract " if they are so unhappy and want out? No-one wants a complaining " rotten apple " in the dressing room.

Lovren "apparantly " hasn't seen fit to return when he should have, and so it shouldn't be KL or RK's job to go chasing him ....when he is officially AWOL.

If he wants away.. and seeks CL football, then say ....Thank you and goodbye .....and sell for the best fee we can get ...from wherever.

I don't believe that we will spend anywhere near the whole transfer pot (already £60 mill...and a probably a bit more to come) by August. We don't need to. Common sense says... we save some of it for January - if required.

I wrote earlier that I had noted 15 different players who have been linked with Saints in the media (it's surely more).... as Les Reed said we had been " offered loads of players from all over "...., (or words to that effect)..... and it clearly needs to be the right players ......in positions we really need..... and not simply a case of filling a shirt. I fully expect to see one or two new names from the Academy to be in the squad, too.

I can't begin to guess what the start side will be...as I.. (and most of this board) have never seen most of those foreign names play in a match - except for the odd YouTube-clips of their best games)

I'm pleased that we don't select a lot of those names that are put forward by various people here, as that's why SFC employ an experienced manager, and not select a team sponsored by enthusiastic fans.

Hope you don't feel that's being unkind, but welcome to the board, anyway.

Edited by david in sweden

Point taken re: Schneiderlin although Lovren? Could he really play in the team now?

I dont think we need worry about that. His transfer will go through, as did Lallana's in the end.

But I do think with sufficient groveling, explanation and apologies he could still turn it around. Although, its never going to happen.

Boruc

Chambers Yoshida Fonte Clyne

Cork Morgan

Ramirez Davis Tadic

Rodriguez/Pelle

Subs. Davis, Hooiveld, Targett, Wanyama, Isgrove, Ward-Prowse, Rodriguez/Pelle

Edited by Saint IQ
Forgot we had ward-prowse :/

Harrods would run out of stock before she ran out of money ;-) but...

Boruc

Clyne Lovren Fonte Targett

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Ramiez Tadic Rodriguez

Gallagher

Bench:

Davies, Yoshida, Chambers, Davis, Cork, JWP, McQueen

Which Rodriquez have you picked? The OP said first game. Lucky to have JRod back much before Christmas, would be happy if you meant James, but guess unlikely.

Boruc

Chambers Fonte Lovren Yoshida Clyne

Schneiderlin Wanyama Cork

Osvaldo gallagher

...Koeman likes wingbacks yes?

Changed to include other options if tadic / pelle not here

Edited by Plastic

Which Rodriquez have you picked? The OP said first game. Lucky to have JRod back much before Christmas, would be happy if you meant James, but guess unlikely.

Ah, maybe I should have read that more carefully. Ok, move Tadic to the left, Davis in the middle and then pop Reed on the bench. Better?

Morgan has behaved with complete professionalism.

Latest is he's waiting to see what our ambitions are

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9373386/transfer-news-morgan-schneiderlin-remains-coy-on-his-future-following-talks

Yes, no rules to this thread really other than:

Current players as of TODAY: Pelle, Tadic not signed yet? Rodriquez is still injured and will be for a while.

But if we do it in a few hours Tadic will have signed... If we do it in two days time one or two more might have come in....

But if we do it in a few hours Tadic will have signed... If we do it in two days time one or two more might have come in....

Today - 07/07/14.

Just a bit of fun and to see what people think currently, our best options are. Reasoning behind it - I have read numerous posts from peeps saying there's no squad left to play, serious or not.

My thoughts are, have we actually got a playable team today, and how it would fair.

Clyne Lovren Fonte Armero

Cork Wanyama

Morgan

Tadic Ramirez

So Koeman plays 3-5-2? OK:

Boruc

-----Chambers--Fonte---Lovren-----

Clyne--Morgan--Wanyama--Cork--Targett

-------------Tadic--------------

---------------Osvaldo-------------

Not that I can see Morgan, Dejan or Osvaldo still here, and the futures of JRod and Ramirez aren't certain either. So really it's a moot team selection.

Lots more outs and ins and outs and ins to come IMO, twill be an interesting couple of months.

Today - 07/07/14.

Just a bit of fun and to see what people think currently, our best options are. Reasoning behind it - I have read numerous posts from peeps saying there's no squad left to play, serious or not.

My thoughts are, have we actually got a playable team today, and how it would fair.

It's the 8th today mate... in that case we can include Lovren and Osvaldo even though they're both C**ts

I'll go 5-3-2

Boruc

Yoshida Fonte Lovren

Clyne Targett

Morgan Cork

Davis

Ramirez Gallagher

Subs K.Davis, Chambers, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, Isgrove, Sims, Osvaldo Injured players- Jay Rodriguez...

That team could stay up but not make the top half and injurys anywhere bar CM and we would be in trouble

Oh flaps! My bad.
A couple of "newbie" pointers:

1) Always check your thread title for silly typos before posting

2) Never use Americanisms (like "my bad") - unless you are an American (to be honest, I may be the only one who gets irritated by it)

3) Never use "loose" when you mean "lose" (not that you have - just sayin')

I will post some more as I think of them.........or you can ignore me. The latter option is probably best.

Edited by kpturner

2) Never use Americanisms (like "my bad") - unless you are an American (to be honest, I may be the only one who gets irritated by it)

I will post some more as I think of them.........or you can ignore me. The latter option is probably best.

Another newbie pointer:

Don't end too many non-questions with question marks, or use the word 'peeps' too often. People might mistake you for somebody else.

Oh, and I think, KP, that you probably are the only one who gets so annoyed by "my bad".

----------------Boruc

-----Chambers--Fonte---Lovren-----

Clyne----------Cork------------Targett

----------Morgan---JWP---------

---------------Tadic--------------

---------------Pelle-------------

I think Lovern will be gone though unless we get some BIG signings and he realises that we do mean business still.

He will play 2 box-box midfielders so i can't see Big vic and Cork playing together and Morgan will fit in better. Jwp for his set pieces and his high energy levels i think will get the nod over Davis.

I'm not sure how fast Tadic is but i wouldn't be surprised if we replace Jwp with Tadic and get someone with raw pace to play behind the striker for a good counter attack football.

Morgan as captain!

Another newbie pointer:

Don't end too many non-questions with question marks, or use the word 'peeps' too often. People might mistake you for somebody else.

Oh, and I think, KP, that you probably are the only one who gets so annoyed by "my bad".

I know of one other, maybe even two. Who wants to sound like an American anyway - makes me want to throw up :)

Have a nice day!

Dude you're TOTALLY not alone. I hate the americisation of blighty as much as you

so trying to be " kind "... let's me say this.

Do we really want to keep players here " by force of contract " if they are so unhappy and want out? No-one wants a complaining " rotten apple " in the dressing room.

Lovren "apparantly " hasn't seen fit to return when he should have, and so it shouldn't be KL or RK's job to go chasing him ....when he is officially AWOL.

If he wants away.. and seeks CL football, then say ....Thank you and goodbye .....and sell for the best fee we can get ...from wherever.

[/i]

Lovren has NOT refused to turn up, neither is he AWOL. He played in the World Cup unless it's slipped your memory and he has another 2 weeks before he's due to return. Unlike the likes of Lallana, Lovren handed in a transfer request when Pochettino walked out. The situation has changed and we only have his agent's quotes since. The club have stated they don't want him to leave.

It is reported that Liverpool have offered 20 million but this is not so. They have offered 14 million to date.

I am astonished that you David of all people can feed the trolls on here with complete untruths.

Although unlikely.. (as I think he'll go).. Lovren could still be rehabilitated......i.e. all the comments came out in Croat paper... he's still got the option to come out and deny the comments... and say he was mis-quoted/mis-interpreted... so lots of grovelling/apologies and excuses... he'd be welcomed back...

...but back in teh real world.... Tadic will be scoring against him in the first game of the season.. ... actually he'll probably bring down Tadic ...get sent off.. and Tadic will score the penalty...

New Keeper

Clyne Fonte New Centre Back New Left Back

Schneiderlin © Wanyama Cork Tadic

New Striker New Striker

Bench: From: Boruc, Sharp, Yoshida, Chambers, JWP, S Davies, New Signing (impact sub), New Signing (impact sub), Reid.

Injured: Jay Rod.

Loaned out: Gallagher.

That is my starting line up for a successful season.impact subs. We need a couple of players like Puncheon who can change a game and provide other tactical options. Not necessarily both midfield, but ideally an attacking midfielder plus an attacking left back)

Edited by SaintRobbie

:rolleyes: Jeez.

If we're playing 3-5-1-1, I'd go for:

Boruc

Chambers Fonte Yoshida

Clyne Morgan Davis Wanyama Targett

Tadic

Gallagher

I can't see Lovren or Osvaldo playing for us again. If we play 4-2-3-1, at the moment, we could field:

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Targett

Wanyama Morgan

Davis Ramirez Tadic

Gallagher

subs from: Gazzaniga, Chambers, Stephens, Hooiveld, Turnbull, JWP, Reed, Isgrove, Rowe, Sinclair