TICKETS: Bayer Leverkusen (H) - Saturday the 9th of August - 17:00 BST

Saint-Armstrong

Season Ticket Holders

Adult - £10

Concession - £6

Under 11 - FREE - (a maximum of two per paying adult)

Non Season Ticket Holders

Adult - £12

Concession - £8

Under 11 - FREE - (a maximum of two per paying adult)

ALL TICKETS GO ON SALE ON MONDAY 21ST OF JULY

The following areas will be available for purchase:

- Itchen Stand, Blocks 5-10

- Kingsland Stand, Blocks 28-34

- Northam Stand, Blocks 40-42

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-southampton-vs-bayer-04-leverkusen-1766984.aspx#cD0BrIxT7D6iTeXO.99

Yea! Decent ticket prices for once! It will be interesting to see whether the result will be a largish capacity crowd and that the club will benefit financially from the ancilliary sales of merchandise in the shop and sales in the concourse. If so, then it might be an incentive for them to think along similar lines for next season's cup matches.

That is great pricing,

but those who want it to be reciprocated for cup games remember we have to agree the ticket prices with the away club as the gate money is split 45% to each club and 10% to the cup organisers, so if the prices are high it might not alway be Saints fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the prices are great at first glance, the £2.50 service charge per ticket is pretty steep when you book on the phone...a pair of tickets ends up costing £29.

Exactly! It's not £10 a ticket because their online ticket booking is currently under maintenance so you can't book that route. It's £12.50 per ticket in reality. Not very happy tbh. As the online booking is down they should waive the booking fee surely? Also, amazingly, my purchase is showing up on the online booking system...

Are tickets going to go sale on-line? £2.50 is a bit of a p**s take otherwise.

Unfortunately not

Tickets for this fixture can be purchased by calling the ticket sales line on 02381 780 780, or in person from the Ticket Office. Due to the upgrade to the ticketing system taking place this summer, we are unable to sell tickets online for this fixture.

Decent prices but should've done are with the £2.50 fee, luckily I can pop to the box office and buy them on the way home from work.

£2.50 is not that much more? I paid a £10 service charge on Getmein.com for some gig tickets I'm not all that fussed about, so don't think £2.50 was that bad over the phone. Did add up a bit though for the 4 tickets we got!

There's no £2.50 charge if you book via the online website - however Saints are currently upgrading their website so, therefore, you're penalised and have to pay the £2.50 additional per ticket. That's not very fair, they should waive the £2.50 if they can't provide the online booking system to fans.

There's no £2.50 charge if you book via the online website - however Saints are currently upgrading their website so, therefore, you're penalised and have to pay the £2.50 additional per ticket. That's not very fair, they should waive the £2.50 if they can't provide the online booking system to fans.

Ah I see, can see the frustration then

My ticket will be £6.00 plus a 41.7% booking charge = £8.50 !

I know it's still cheap but when expressed this way it does look a bit daft :)

Ah, just phoned to book and you can't take a free under 11 on a concession ticket so the £2.50 charge now only represents 25%, phew.. I am relieved about that :)

just got my 4 tickets. looking forward to it :) - bloke didn't even mention the 'booking fee' though, just gave me a total which was a bit strange.

What were they and how much did it come to? Have my twitter ramblings made them drop telling you you're being charged £2.50 per ticket?!

What were they and how much did it come to? Have my twitter ramblings made them drop telling you you're being charged £2.50 per ticket?!

Tickets were £44 (3x adult, 1 concession)

Booking fee was £10 - not bad for 30 seconds work! :)

Not too bothered but it should be a flat booking fee, not 1 per ticket.

Tickets were £44 (3x adult, 1 concession)

Booking fee was £10 - not bad for 30 seconds work! :)

Not too bothered but it should be a flat booking fee, not 1 per ticket.

No wonder he didn't give you the details then, you must be down on their list as a rich bugger who doesn't pay attention to what he spends.

3x adult tickets = 36

1x concession = 8

Plus booking fee of 2.50 per ticket equals 54.

That's the price. Should I have haggled?

Sorry didn't realise that the ticket tax has now been increased to 2.50 per ticket and is no longer 2.50 per transaction. That's new then isn't it ?

According to the ticket line staff they don't have the ability to override the booking fees (make your own mind up on whether that's true). I argued the toss but as I only needed two tickets did relent. Would've cost me more in petrol to get down to the ticket office although that's not really the point.

Still, decent opposition and we should be approaching a full strength squad by then. Hopefully will be played at less of a canter than the early friendlies.

I'd expect their side will be full strength. It's 6 days before their season opener (albeit against a lower league side in the cup). Against Marseille, they were missing Son (Korea), Bender (injured), Drmic (Switzerland) etc, and brought on a reserve side at halftime.

Thinking of breaking my 5yr old kids in at a friendly, but this one could be quite busy! Any thoughts chaps? They're itching to go to a game but they're only 5 and quite little 5yr olds at that. Need to do some confidence building for them!

Was hoping it'd be Scarborough or something, but BL could pull quite a big crowd!

Thinking of breaking my 5yr old kids in at a friendly, but this one could be quite busy! Any thoughts chaps? They're itching to go to a game but they're only 5 and quite little 5yr olds at that. Need to do some confidence building for them!

Was hoping it'd be Scarborough or something, but BL could pull quite a big crowd!

They'll be fine!

Should be fine. I'm making it my kids' first game too. They're 5 and 3.

St Mary's is generally quite friendly. Think they will enjoy it.

I'm not taking my kids as I plan to visit the Chapel Arms for a beer or two first :)

Yes and no. The cheap ticket prices will mean it'll sell pretty well, but neither the corners of the ground nor the Chapel Stand will be open which reduces potential capacity somewhat. I'd just avoid Northam Blocks 40-42, where the rabble such as myself reside :p

Being so close to the start of the season (and the only home friendly) there ought to be a fun atmosphere - a decent opportunity to get the kids hooked.

Just noticed I was too slow in replying... Enjoy!

Ha! Cheers guys. I usually sit in the Kingsland as I'm too slow to get in on the Northam ones. Have only sat in the Itchen once, and it was almost dead to be honest. I just want them to feel the buzz, but without some fat bloke full of pie behind me shouting **** **** **** all day long :lol:

If I don't have the kids there, great. Makes it more fun usually. But with the littlees I'm going to be a boring bastid! :D

Only drawback on all of this is that their first game is likely to be one we get turned over on! :rolleyes::lol:

I took my kids to the Sociedad game last year, for their first game... it was a really good starter for them in terms of not intimidating (both in terms of in the ground and outside)... only downside was that as there was no family area.. I ended up with 5 blokes in front sharing a 'flask' of some sort.. and increasingly effing and blinding as the game went on... but still they need to get used to it, if they're going to come to a game anyway... Subsequently got my daughter to a number of proper games last season.. and will be taking a younger one to the BL game, if I can get back from holiday in time...