"New era of openness"

Batman

As I just posted on another thread, with Chambers going as well the club needs to give us answers. This level of outgoing transfer activity has never been seen before in the Prem, let alone for a team that finished in the top 10.

What answers do you need? What are you wanting to hear from the club?

As I just posted on another thread, with Chambers going as well the club needs to give us answers. This level of outgoing transfer activity has never been seen before in the Prem, let alone for a team that finished in the top 10.

The truth is there are no answers really, or at least it any answers they want to give the fans. They are hardly going to admit we have lost our ambition or that they have handled things so badly that even players like cork or fonte want to leave.

Genius strategy from kat. Keep the fans onside just long enough to trouser the majority of cash from player sales.

IMO, they did enough to spin it long enough for so many to believe that it was nasty nics fault. for anything and everything

talk of new era's of openness, 'financial difficulties' etc etc

Why we have sold so many first team players and how they think selling so many first team players will help us achieve the stated aim of challenging for Europe.
We sold so many players because they pushed to leave, making their position in the team and squad untenable. We will re invest monies received. What difference would such a statement make? The proof will be in the pudding come this season, the club will be judged on what we do on the pitch, a statement now won't make any difference.

We sold so many players because they pushed to leave, making their position in the team and squad untenable. We will re invest monies received. What difference would such a statement make? The proof will be in the pudding come this season, the club will be judged on what we do on the pitch, a statement now won't make any difference.

how has chambers pushed to leave

what do you think would happen to a kid had we said no?

Holding back judgement but the board really could do with something positive for the fans. Somebody said it elsewhere ...imagine a statement will be tagged on with the next signing.

Honestly would not be shocked to see us announce a couple at once and let Koeman do the talking.

IMO, they did enough to spin it long enough for so many to believe that it was nasty nics fault. for anything and everything

talk of new era's of openness, 'financial difficulties' etc etc

Well the financial difficulties bit was clearly nonsense but the first few statements were very encouraging. A real shame that it's turned out to be utter rubbish.

Well the hell does that mean? What's that got to do with my post?

Look Im not having a pop at you (yes it sounded like it) just bery annoyed, the dressing room is in termoil, the board dont have control of the situation.

I cant be arsed to post on here anymore and get called an idiot for not sticking my head in the sand and blaming cash and europe. Thats a cheap excuse IMO and Im hearing bad things from staplewood

You lot choose what to believe, there should be 2 decent incomings this week but tenper that with chambers leaving iminantly and more then likely Morgan within the next 10 days. Also heard a disturbing unsubstantiated rumour that Koeman is unsettled by the upheaval to the squad and considering his position. You lot dont have to believe it and I dont care any more, everyones free to make their own mind up

Chambers is a tough one and certainly a move I'm disappointed with. But his agent could have well pushed hard for a move, £16m for a 2nd choice right back is big money.

But you're missing the point of this thread, it's not about the rights and wrongs of Chambers move, it's people crying for a statement - when there is no point of a statement now.

Look Im not having a pop at you (yes it sounded like it) just bery annoyed, the dressing room is in termoil, the board dont have control of the situation.

I cant be arsed to post on here anymore and get called an idiot for not sticking my head in the sand and blaming cash and europe. Thats a cheap excuse IMO and Im hearing bad things from staplewood

You lot choose what to believe, there should be 2 decent incomings this week but tenper that with chambers leaving iminantly and more then likely Morgan within the next 10 days. Also heard a disturbing unsubstantiated rumour that Koeman is unsettled by the upheaval to the squad and considering his position. You lot dont have to believe it and I dont care any more, everyones free to make their own mind up

What has any of that got to do with this thread or my post?

We look pretty open to me.

Boruc even laid a poo baby and Liverpool bid £10 million for it.

There's not a lot left to sell. We need to spend spend spend. Or don't, and FM 2015 will start us off with one hell of a budget.

Agreed.

We'd be wise to put ourselves in Rockin Ron's shoes and reflect on Mr. Bruce Lee's words:

"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind."

What has any of that got to do with this thread or my post?

Always had you down as a bit simple.

But your are hitting new ground on this thread!

There is something seriously wrong at the club with everyone wanting out all of a sudden and you just sit theres ending every post with another stupid question...

Always had you down as a bit simple.

But your are hitting new ground on this thread!

There is something seriously wrong at the club with everyone wanting out all of a sudden and you just sit theres ending every post with another stupid question...

:lol:

Exactly! She is blatantly wanting to milk the club and Cortese wasnt having any of it and walked out.

I will laugh forever and a day at those who made Cortese out to be the devil incarnate without whom we would never have been back to where we reached last season.

A REAL once in a lifetime opportunity to move the club up to the next level, all the product of his careful unparalleled determination, for it all to come tumbling down for the sake of a hundred million quid kat liebherr wanted back from the club her father invested in!

Would love it if she sold up and cortese came in with a buyer!

Exactly! She is blatantly wanting to milk the club and Cortese wasnt having any of it and walked out.

I will laugh forever and a day at those who made Cortese out to be the devil incarnate without whom we would never have been back to where we reached last season.

A REAL once in a lifetime opportunity to move the club up to the next level, all the product of his careful unparalleled determination, for it all to come tumbling down for the sake of a hundred million quid kat liebherr wanted back from the club her father invested in!

:mcinnes:

Y'see, there are two problems with this argument.

1 Without the player sales, the club is worth more so the net worth of the club is exactly the same overall and

2 Cortese didn't have anyone when he could have offered to take over if Katharina was actually interested in selling.

The sale of Chambers I will never be able to fathom. The lad has barely played 20 games for us, he has no right to be unhappy or agitating for a move. We've already raked in £70m+ in transfer fees and we let him go for what seems to have been the very first bid. A massive prospect just let go with barely a whimper. Don't know how any statement can justify that.

Oh dear. If only everything were that simple. 'Milk the club'? Yeah right, she's been putting millions in, maybe she didn't want to do that any more. Let's repeat what has been said before. Debt was converted into equity, taking lots if money out is not as straightforward as it was. There are some simplistic people around that are being very simple.

I think the beginning of this week will be the low point for us as fans and the momentum and positivity will begin to increase later in the week as more signings are made and we ratched it up as we move towards the 1st fixture and then the end of the transfer window.

sound advice ......that unfortunately won't stem the panic on this board .......the bed-wetters on here are now moving onto a game of Russian Roulette after each transfer out. :scared:

Chambers is a tough one and certainly a move I'm disappointed with. But his agent could have well pushed hard for a move, £16m for a 2nd choice right back is big money.

But you're missing the point of this thread, it's not about the rights and wrongs of Chambers move, it's people crying for a statement - when there is no point of a statement now.

Firstly he is a lot more than a second choice right back and well you know it, plus the fee is £11m with £4m add ons. Crap business

Firstly he is a lot more than a second choice right back and well you know it, plus the fee is £11m with £4m add ons. Crap business

Quite right Duncan, really poor deal for us and even more baffling given how much we've already recouped. Can't see the motivation for selling him whatsoever, unless Wenger sweet-talked Les about their shared footballing philosophies over a sherry or two. It's the one deal I just can't get my head around.

The whole second choice RB argument makes no sense as 1) Chambers, at 19, has already established himself as a serious contender for the first team 2) He will get less opportunities at Arsenal in the short - term given they've signed a French international RB in his position 3) He is versatile and could have helped provide cover for CB, CM or even RM, an asset that doesn't seem lost on Wenger. 4) Since when did it become too much of a luxury for us to have two players fighting for the same position?

I just hope Jason Mccarthy is as ready to step up as Calum was last year.

Edited by Toon Saint

No, he is our 2nd choice right back, as I said, just a very good one. I haven't seen the fee confirmed yet. Neither point is relevant to this thread though. Why don't you give Ralph a call to get a statement from the club?