Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

Penny pinching.....? It is actually commercially naïve to the point of being negligent. You have an asset worth £5 million now and zero at the end of June 2015. What do you do with that asset given those simple facts?

Who values him at £5m? I've not seen any club offer that sort of money for him, or indeed any money at all. The only supposed offer came from Palace for £3m, news of which was met with utter confusion by those at SFC as no such bid had been made.

Who values him at £5m? I've not seen any club offer that sort of money for him, or indeed any money at all. The only supposed offer came from Palace for £3m, news of which was met with utter confusion by those at SFC as no such bid had been made.

don't you see...the Media is living in its own world of fantasy football. The bookies are open to offer any combination of " who goes where" , even when there's no bid /deal in the first place.

Villa claim that NO-ONE has made a bid for Ron Vlaar, yet Skybet says we are odds-on favourites to sign him ...and Paul Lambert criticised RK because he made a comment about it.

Don't answer dumb questions Ronald.

@AlanCorky Getting a bit fed up now, reading in the paper that RK says Jack has to earn a new contract, me thinks he is playing a game

Think he posted that the other day - the latest from today is this:

John Cross @johncrossmirror

Southampton have rejected bids from Crystal Palace, Leicester and Swansea for Jack Cork. Set to stay even tho in final year of contract

Alan Cork @alancorky

Getting a bit fed up now, reading in the paper that RK says Jack has to earn a new contract, me thinks he is playing a game

@AlanCorky Getting a bit fed up now, reading in the paper that RK says Jack has to earn a new contract, me thinks he is playing a game

A couple pages old news pal. ;)

I had hear this rumour and the precise number over the weekend before the mirror published this so I think this report has legs. To turn down a £6 million bid but not put Cork on a new contract makes no business sense at all as he leaves for nothing in June 15.

I can't see that he would agree to go in January -as that would make no sense from his perspective with a bosman a few months away at that stage.

I have to say this one has me baffled. Cork looks like he might have a good season and push his value up a little, so why not get him under contract ?

Perhaps he doesn't want a new contract. Perhaps we've offered one and he's said no.

Perhaps he doesn't want a new contract. Perhaps we've offered one and he's said no.

......going back 300-400 posts ago on this thread ......."someone" commented that Jack had been asked (in an after-match private comment ) ...if he was going to sign a new contract?

....(as memory serves me)....his reply was.... along the lines of...." I might do - if I get offered one "

......give the player a new 3 year contract - he must be worth it

I'm a big fan of Cork, but exactly how much is he worth wage wise? Maybe his agent is asking for a five year £50k, £60k, £70k, £100k a week contract. Who knows? Perhaps RK therefore wants to get a very good look at him before committing a huge chunk of his available wage bill to a player he perhaps hasn't seen very much of.

It's just penny pinching from the Club....A new contract for Jack will result in a pay rise. If they delay the new contract for a month or so, they may risk ****ing him off to point that he want's to leave but they get to save a few bucks....That's the way things are done at SFC these days....

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:...

I would guess that his pass completion averages 85% or so, so that with his general positional play and ball recovery stats I expect that he is the sort of player that Keoman would want in his squad.

it took a little while for MoPo to warm to him. Perhaps he looks terrible in training (5 a sides). He's perhaps not as neat and tidy as other players, but he really covers the ground and gets the team moving. He's not just a headless chicken, he makes intelligent forward bursts too that stretches team and creates space for others. Some of that might not be easy to see on the training pitch, but I suspect when RK watches games back on video he starts to see how often Cork has an effect on the game.

it took a little while for MoPo to warm to him. Perhaps he looks terrible in training (5 a sides). He's perhaps not as neat and tidy as other players, but he really covers the ground and gets the team moving. He's not just a headless chicken, he makes intelligent forward bursts too that stretches team and creates space for others. Some of that might not be easy to see on the training pitch, but I suspect when RK watches games back on video he starts to see how often Cork has an effect on the game.
he would see how Jos has effects on a game lol