Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

Bet they appoint someone like Sherwood. And go down!

They have a huge job turning that round now. Confusion, disappointment and apparently little to spend.

Let's race away to 40 points and then sit back and enjoy the relegation battle for everyone else!

My money would be on Sherwood. Slightly cheaper option for the board and he would probably go there as it's 'local'!?

Apparently Pulis kicked off because he wasn't able to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, Steven Caulker and Michu. If that's the case, and given his carefree waste of Peter Coates' cash during his time at Stoke it seems plausible, then the board has probably made the right call. A club that was in admin a few years ago and doesn't have a billionaire to cover losses can't afford to just **** money down the drain on transfer fees, wages and agents.

Apparently Pulis kicked off because he wasn't able to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, Steven Caulker and Michu. If that's the case, and given his carefree waste of Peter Coates' cash during his time at Stoke it seems plausible, then the board has probably made the right call. A club that was in admin a few years ago and doesn't have a billionaire to cover losses can't afford to just **** money down the drain on transfer fees, wages and agents.

There's a EagleRichmond on a Palace forum somewhere right now screaming about how they need to INVEST IN THE TEAM and so on.

There's a EagleRichmond on a Palace forum somewhere right now screaming about how they need to INVEST IN THE TEAM and so on.

Eaglerobbie claiming how parish must have read the eagle net about not letting Pulis waste money on players to come to this decision.

You also told us that the Florin Gardos deal was dead, tbf mush.

Based on nothing more than the deal going quiet for a few days and Gardos being back in Romania, just an opinion, thankfully I was wrong on that occasion :D

Just saying that if people weren't so gullible on here and didn't believe everything the papers spout out in an effort to get website clicks and newspaper sales then there wouldn't be so much hysteria and surprise around the place.

Why did you call palace palarse but not give villa a hilarious nickname, like vile?

Because despite my ruthlessness in wanting Vlaar to also help fill a relegation place, I can't help but have a soft spot off the Villians. Palarse on the other hand are just another London Club.... although I have been very impressed by their fans (especially at home last season). 12th men or what! If the Northam sang like them every week?.... wow.

Because despite my ruthlessness in wanting Vlaar to also help fill a relegation place, I can't help but have a soft spot off the Villians. Palarse on the other hand are just another London Club.... although I have been very impressed by their fans (especially at home last season). 12th men or what! If the Northam sang like them every week?.... wow.

stupid-people.jpg

Would have been a bad move for Cork anyway.

Anyone who even suggested that Palace might finish above us is deranged.

In my defence, I have been known to post absolute horsesh*t on the odd occasion.

Makes you wonder if Pulis wanted Cork... Or was it being driven by the Boardroom. Has Cork ever had a manager who wanted him in a first team spot? Marino? Potty Chino? Koeman?

As much as i dislike their plastic "ultras" i feel sorry for palace on this, a manager that could've kept them up and done well for them ****ed over by the money that it takes to do anything in this league.

The Premier league is a truly ****ed place and everything i see points in the direction that this sport is dying on it's arse outside the top 7/8

except, we are.

only on saints web are people saying we are not/denying it

the team that played against united a few months ago (which was largely the first team)

Boruc - on way out

Cork - on way out

chambers - gone

lovren - gone

shaw - gone

lallana - gone

lambert - gone

morgan - desperate to leave

throw in rodriguez injured and clearly wants out

that is very different from any team in the league/country (outside of blackpool)

Why are you so weak and panicky?

Boruc hasn't gone and has been replaced by £10m younger England keeper - an upgrade.

Chambers played 10 mins in the game you quote and a player I would have liked to see develop (and I suggested CB before Wenger!) But clearly and rightly was 2nd choice as RB.

Personally think it was clear Cork wasn't viewed as a first choice player, last season Morgan, Wanyama, JWP and Davis were all at times preferred to him, with signings and JWP, Wanyama and Reed developing I doubt he would get a lot of game time.

My view is Koeman would have preferred Tadic and Pelle over Lambert and Lallana - I will wait to see if he is right.

What are you basing your view on Jay Rod on?

Morgan would be missed IF he goes.

Lovren is my biggest concern at the moment.

You must now see, surely, what most could see - we had unusual situation where top sides wanted our players, no fire sale, no club sale, no cashing in etc.

No first choice 11 player left to side we see as at our level or below. Cork only wanted by Palace, if good enough for our level and so cheap, why haven't Newcastle or Everton bought him?

Good point, at least one. Just read that Pulis was grumpy as he wanted Cork deal done but the Boardroom were buying Zaha instead.

Then you got it wrong. Pulis was furious that the board were about to put in a offer for Cork when he wanted the return of Zaha and other players.

Then you got it wrong. Pulis was furious that the board were about to put in a offer for Cork when he wanted the return of Zaha and other players.

I think he actually wanted Cork, but his board were only offering a derisory £3m (reported) which obviously wouldn't be enough and hence, he's with us and looking very happy in training!

From the Echo interview

As well as Schneiderlin, Koeman also expects midfielder Jack Cork to remain at the club this season.

The 25-year-old is out of contract next summer, and a new deal has not been offered to him.

However, despite speculation that a fee had been agreed with Crystal Palace earlier this week, Koeman confirmed no bids had been received for Cork and that he expected him to be a Saints player at the end of the window.

Can we have Puncheon back please?

Last year we needed his scoring impact off the bench when games stalemated with MoPo's 'we'll never play differently' policy. Now we seem to have a much more versatile squad that will be be able to follow big Ron's tactical nous to suit situations. So Punch is not needed now.