Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

Swansea have made a couple of bids for Jack Cork according to the SSN Transfer window update.

Seen that this morning. Good team that play in a style which will suit him. Hard to see him wanting to sit on the bench all the time, and if we have no intention of extending his contract then surely we won't want to lose him for free next summer.

Can see this happening. Although could only take place if we absolutely know that Morgan is staying.

Swansea have made a couple of bids for Jack Cork according to the SSN Transfer window update.

Seen that this morning. Good team that play in a style which will suit him. Hard to see him wanting to sit on the bench all the time, and if we have no intention of extending his contract then surely we won't want to lose him for free next summer.

Can see this happening. Although could only take place if we absolutely know that Morgan is staying.

Would we let him go if Schneiderlin goes to Spurs for £10m and Townsen?

I think we need to hold out on Cork and not let him go until Schneiderlins future is confirmed. I thought Koemans comments on Schneiderlin coming were less robust about him staying when interviewed yesterday. Might be reading too much in to what he said though.... Koeman may just be bored of answering questions on Morgan!

Edited by SaintRobbie

I think we need to hold out on Cork and not let him go until Schneiderlins future is confirmed. I thought Koemans comments on Schneiderlin coming were less robust about him staying when interviewed yesterday. Might be reading too much in to what he said though.... Koeman may just be bored of answering questions on Morgan!

Edited by SaintRobbie

What the hell in God almighty does that mean?

can you not express yourself in plain gold old Queens English because trying to translate from gibberish to Ampshire is doing my little old swede in.

can you not express yourself in plain gold old Queens English because trying to translate from gibberish to Ampshire is doing my little old swede in.

Lol. Ok.

Can we afford to let Cork and Schneiderlin go?

Should we therefore wait until Schneiderlin's move to Spurs is 100% off before allowing Cork to leave?

Lol. Ok.

Should we therefore wait until Schneiderlin's move to Spurs is 100% off before allowing Cork to leave?

Lol. Ok.

Should we wait until Schneiderlin's move to Spurs is 100% off before allowing Cork to leave?

Lol. Ok.

Should we wait until Schneiderlin's move to Spurs is 100% off before allowing Cork to leave?

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 21m

Couple of transfer lines from the embargoed section of Koeman presser #saintsfc are no longer in for Vlaar and confident Cork will stay.

Hmmm, I've just had a text to say he'll be gone by the time the transfer window closes, something I'm not happy about at all. Letting Cork go would be a huge mistake.

Alan Cork ‏@alancorky 7m

There are going to be some busy doctors doing medicals this week, have to keep looking on the screen to see who's going where.

Well if Jack does go, then at least we won't worry about the trite tweets of his father.

Hey Sydney

Hmmm, I've just had a text to say he'll be gone by the time the transfer window closes, something I'm not happy about at all. Letting Cork go would be a huge mistake.

I have had a text to say you have **** yerself

But then I expect you will say you have had a text to say you have wet the bed but that it will not happen till next week once the transfer window has closed .

He might talk utter crap, but that's perfectly understandable English.

Has his "move" to Spurs ever been on???

To think that is hasn't would be incredibly naïve. Talks were clearly at an advanced stage, he was just the next in line of the wholesale summer selling process. Hence MS throwing his toys out of the pram when the 11th hour brakes were slammed on. Ralph spent some significant time being corporately entertained in Toronto by representatives of Spurs. Of course they could have been talking about the British weather or the implications of the devolution of Scotland. Just IMHO.

Hey Sydney

I have had a text to say you have **** yerself

But then I expect you will say you have had a text to say you have wet the bed but that it will not happen till next week once the transfer window has closed .

What the **** is that supposed to mean?

I've just had a text from your English teacher. She says you're to put in some extra hours after school as you clearly haven't been listening in class. She would like you to look at your spelling and how to use punctuation in sentences.

To think that is hasn't would be incredibly naïve. Talks were clearly at an advanced stage, he was just the next in line of the wholesale summer selling process. Hence MS throwing his toys out of the pram when the 11th hour brakes were slammed on. Ralph spent some significant time being corporately entertained in Toronto by representatives of Spurs. Of course they could have been talking about the British weather or the implications of the devolution of Scotland. Just IMHO.

That's not clear at all. Don't you need the club's permission to even start talks?

Expectations, probably. Talks, I doubt it.

That's not clear at all. Don't you need the club's permission to even start talks?

Ok let's call them informal discussions. Of course that goes on. How do you think Lovren lost his head to Liverpool. Long before any kind of formal talks took place that's for sure.

That's what agents a for, they establish if we had some ham we could have ham and eggs if we had some eggs type discussions. Nothing binding, informal and hypothetical discussions. It has been said by the French press that Morgan has his personal terms with Spurs all hammered out, although he's probably never spoken to them himself on the subject.

its interesting as Cork will likely go as the club otherwise lose out on £4/5 million as in June 15 he goes on a Bosman for free as per Jack Colback this summer ( ...assuming of course Cork tells the club to take a walk if they try to sell him in January 15).

Cork's departure will, I would have thought, greatly **** off Morgan in the process who will wonder why Cork can go and he can’t.... ( the logical answer being relative contract lengths and the threat of Cork walking out for nothing in 2015.....that Spock like analysis may not get very far with an emotional Frenchman however).

Les Reed may need a hard hat and safety boots.........

I've just had a text from your English teacher. She says you're to put in some extra hours after school as you clearly haven't been listening in class. She would like you to look at your spelling and how to use punctuation in sentences.

Sorry mr fudpacker . I used an orcadian / Scottish word that you did not understand

Yerself . Means " You"

The point of post is that if someone posts something you always appear to want to say the opposite or disagree with the other posters comments. Even when they are making the same points you so elequently make

Really? For a lot of the summer we were told that Caulker was a prime target only been told later that RK was never interested. Ralph says he didnt discuss transfers when in Toronto. You can believe him or not, your choice. I tend to take all transfer talk with a pinch of salt until something actually happens.

That's two people today being critical of another person's sentences when there's nothing wrong with them, strange.

Really? For a lot of the summer we were told that Caulker was a prime target only been told later that RK was never interested. Ralph says he didnt discuss transfers when in Toronto. You can believe him or not, your choice. I tend to take all transfer talk with a pinch of salt until something actually happens.

Ronald said Chambers was injured the night he was having his medical at Arsenal. You don't want to believe everything you are told by our Club, or any club for that matter. It's all propaganda and we can really only surmise based on the circumstantial 'evidence' that is gleaned from various sources and the actions of folks involved. Everything points to a once-imminent deal for MS to go to Spurs. Whether he still will we'll find out within the next few days. And yes, I agree, transfers aren't done until signed and sealed.

Perhaps he stubbed his toe so it wasnt technically a lie? Who knows? Koeman says that Schneiderlin and Cork are staying and I am prepared to believe that until they actually leave.

Let's hope so (assuming he's prepared to put his angst to one side and commit 100% whilst he's still here) but that wasn't the discussion point. It was whether or not a move to Spurs for MS 'had ever been on'. I'm saying it was you're saying / suggesting it wasn't.

As for Cork he hasn't been offered a contract has he? Anything could happen on that front but we're hardly showing him he's wanted if that is the case.

Sorry mr fudpacker . I used an orcadian / Scottish word that you did not understand

Yerself . Means " You"

The point of post is that if someone posts something you always appear to want to say the opposite or disagree with the other posters comments. Even when they are making the same points you so elequently make

That is utter nonsense and you know it is. I agree with a lot of what is said on here but I also think there's a lot of people who live with their heads in the clouds. For some reason it appears to be be some kind of crime to be realistic and have an opinion that isn't the same as everybody else's. This is a forum for people to discuss and share views. For some reason it seems to have turned into some kind of place to bully and belittle those don't want to follow the herd.

Just leaving the game and I hate to say it but Cork looked like he was waving goodbye tonight. ..hope not he looked class tonight

I was going to mention the same, lots of hugging with the players, a long and thoughtful hug/chat with Fonte at FT too.

I'm hoping it was just the fact that he got his first goal! But I do believe he will go, with Clasie coming in.

A bit of a dim wit move if it happens, to be honest. You don't sell PL experience in a pre-season season like we've had.

I was going to mention the same, lots of hugging with the players, a long and thoughtful hug/chat with Fonte at FT too.

I'm hoping it was just the fact that he got his first goal! But I do believe he will go, with Clasie coming in.

A bit of a dim wit move if it happens, to be honest. You don't sell PL experience in a pre-season season like we've had.

Really hope that's not the case. Hoping we keep hold of him, he plays regularly and we give him the good long term contract he deserves. I will be so beyond fuming if he's shoved out of Saints.

Just a thought, but why would we be playing a player for 45 minutes who was off and waving goodbye?

I might be wrong, but these matches are great when in the situation we are in now, where we need new players to get to know each other and gel on a pitch. Playing a player who is off would seem retarded.

Unlikely (i hope) why would the club cup tie a player they have agreed to sell?

Unless he's going to Man U :?

I really hope he stays. He's a different type of player to Wanyama yet he's forever getting compared to him.

As for being Cup (league) tied I really can't see that as being a show stopper to a move either way.

Just a thought, but why would we be playing a player for 45 minutes who was off and waving goodbye?

I might be wrong, but these matches are great when in the situation we are in now, where we need new players to get to know each other and gel on a pitch. Playing a player who is off would seem retarded.

It would seem odd if Cork was leaving that we would play him instead of Taider who clearly isn't leaving and would need game time.....