Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

I can only think of two - Schneiderlin and Wanyama. He's ahead of the others in the 'depth chart' in my opinion.

In a midfield three Cork is best suited to the one deep role and he won't play in that role ahead of Schneiderlin or Wanyama. I can also see why managers would favour Ward-Prowse and S.Davis for the more advanced roles.

As I said Cork is a good player, but he is going to struggle for starts this season if he stays at Saints.

Although he is a good player, central midfield is the strongest position in our squad and we have better players than him in his position. That is why when everyone is fit, Cork won't start games.

Except Morgan will be gone in January and Big Vic can be very hit and miss (as shown last night) Cork is Mr reliable and football is a squad game our squad would be worse without him.

Except Morgan will be gone in January and Big Vic can be very hit and miss (as shown last night) Cork is Mr reliable and football is a squad game our squad would be worse without him.

It would be good to keep him, but from Cork's point of view he really should be looking to be a regular starter at the age of 25. He'd be a regular starter if he moved to Crystal Palace, I can't see that happening at Saints, especially if Schneiderlin stays this window.

It would be good to keep him, but from Cork's point of view he really should be looking to be a regular starter at the age of 25. He'd be a regular starter if he moved to Crystal Palace, I can't see that happening at Saints, especially if Schneiderlin stays this window.

He was a regular starter last season despite not figuring much at the start. One injury and he would probably get in.

From his point of view, he wants to stay, as he has said before.

It is the club who havent offered him a contract, so they are somewhat taking the decision out of Cork's hands, which is bizarre.

Exactly. So why aren't we offering him a new deal?

He was a regular starter last season despite not figuring much at the start. One injury and he would probably get in.

and if last season is anything to go by, he will then be outstanding in pretty much every game making it impossible for the once sceptical manager to drop him.

It is the club who havent offered him a contract, so they are somewhat taking the decision out of Cork's hands, which is bizarre.

maybe his agent wants an absolute fortune in wages and until he lowers the amount there is nothing more to talk about. Just speculating of course.

The club claimed there hadn't been a single offer for him when the earlier report of "a £3m fee has been agreed" broke - considering they've not had a manager since then, and their appointment today was something of a surprise, I would be absolutely amazed if anything had been done on those lines. Especially, as mentioned by others, as he played last night.

Why would Cork really want to leave for Palace? He is getting game time. RK says he doesn't want him to leave. And if he is a free agent next year, then it should be financially advantageous for him. Or isn't he getting enough start time?

Looking at it from a financial perspective, it also makes bugger all sense because of Palace's severely restrictive salary policy. Apparently they've not got a single player on more than £20k a week, as far as I can tell, that's more or less the salary Cork was earning when he signed for us in the Championship. Add in the inevitable promotion-based pay rise, he'd be taking a pretty big cut if he went there. Money's not everything, obviously, but I don't see him taking the risk of signing for a club who will almost certainly be in a relegation battle.

Is there any evidence yet to suggest he is anything other than a Fourpast-like make-weight in the Osvaldo deal ?

**** me. Of all the bilge that you exhume on here - and trust me, there's a ****ing lot of it - this is right up there with the most ridiculous.

Firstly, he's on loan with no obligation to buy, but the option to do so for a fixed fee (€7m) if we want to - the two loans are completely separate. Secondly, he played in what was regarded as a successful World Cup for Algeria, he's not some unknown youth teamer who we're taking a punt on.

Seriously :facepalm:

**** me. Of all the bilge that you exhume on here - and trust me, there's a ****ing lot of it - this is right up there with the most ridiculous.

Firstly, he's on loan with no obligation to buy, but the option to do so for a fixed fee (€7m) if we want to - the two loans are completely separate. Secondly, he played in what was regarded as a successful World Cup for Algeria, he's not some unknown youth teamer who we're taking a punt on.

All true...........Although at the moment I'm struggling to see how he will get a game as midfield is the only area we have some decent depth.

Steady on fella....

Maybe Inter said they didnt want to pay a fee and we had to take one of their surplus players, and we chose him as the best available on offer but have options for that role already.

Steady on fella....

Maybe Inter said they didnt want to pay a fee and we had to take one of their surplus players, and we chose him as the best available on offer but have options for that role already.

Which part of "THE TWO LOANS ARE COMPLETELY SEPARATE" did you not understand?

Which part of "THE TWO LOANS ARE COMPLETELY SEPARATE" did you not understand?

You've got to admire the deftness in which Alpine can turn a situation you'd think he'd be happy with (player he despises shipped out) into a situation he can complain about.

We can file "Taider is just a Tommy Forecast" alongside "we will be replacing Pochettino with a Steve Wigley standard manager" in the Alpine hall of fame.

You've got to admire the deftness in which Alpine can turn a situation you'd think he'd be happy with (player he despises shipped out) into a situation he can complain about.

We can file "Taider is just a Tommy Forecast" alongside "we will be replacing Pochettino with a Steve Wigley standard manager" in the Alpine hall of fame.

Yes, because offering a theory is "complaining"

Jesus, right bunch of touchy hysterical old women you've become

In a midfield three Cork is best suited to the one deep role and he won't play in that role ahead of Schneiderlin or Wanyama. I can also see why managers would favour Ward-Prowse and S.Davis for the more advanced roles.

As I said Cork is a good player, but he is going to struggle for starts this season if he stays at Saints.

Going by the three games so far, he'd be in my starting eleven. Sounds like Koeman is starting to agree judging by his post Millwall comments.

I'd start him alongside Morgan and give Big Vic a go at CB.

I think that is quite a good call. Given he is not a ball player, rather a stopper then why not a CB.....only downside is VW does have a tendency to mistime a tackle.

With VW as DM you only have a limited outlet from GK or defence and we either move the ball very slowly (e.g WBA)-not great if you are a slow team I the first place or we hoof it up to Pelle.

Big shame if he does go, especially after the other departures and the fact he wouldnt be going to a bigger club. No idea why we don't want him, and its our loss.

Be interesting how they spin it.

Probably a further indication that MS will stay, but he will be gone by this time next year. Very few will be left from the Cortese era.

SSN reporting that Cork's future will be decided within the next 48hrs...

Anything other than that future being at Saints is going to leave me extremely cheesed off.

This has already been by far worst window in my lifetime, don't want to countenance us losing another of our great players and this time for peanuts.

Along with the usual bleating about transfer activity every summer, the infamous "we are run like a crappy sea side b&B" and my personal favourite post "oh great we've just lost 5-0" after the first day of the first test in the 2010-2011 ashes, which we went on to win 3-1. Proving the inflated dark cloud which follows his bloated body around doesn't just appear when it comes to saints.

Edited by Turkish

Although he is a good player, central midfield is the strongest position in our squad and we have better players than him in his position. That is why when everyone is fit, Cork won't start games.

Well I'd be more than happy with this in a 4-3-3

---------Forster

Clyne Gardos Fonte Bertrand

--------Wanyama--------

-----Cork----Morgan-----

Ramirez------------Tadic

----------Pelle---------

Well I'd be more than happy with this in a 4-3-3

---------Forster

Clyne Gardos Fonte Bertrand

--------Wanyama--------

-----Cork----Morgan-----

Ramirez------------Tadic

----------Pelle---------

Agree i'd be happy with that line-up. Also i'd prefer Cork to Wanyama for many games because of the fluency he adds to the midfield.