Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

Seeing as they have just signed Martin Kelly, almost certainly b*llsh*te.

which takes their summer spending up to about £2.5 million, while we all know how much premierleague clubs are reaping from TV.... so could be accurate.

In the eyes of SOG the Club can do no wrong and never will. He should win the supporter of the year award, or at least share it with Viking Warrior and Whitey Grandad :D

Not at all true Greeridge but I am not going to hang the Board out to dry on half baked gossip, rumour and conjecture. If they say they are not selling up and aim for Europe then until they prove otherwise I am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. The people they have brought into the club lends credence to what they say at the moment. If you read my past posts I have been very critical of some Boards. Us oldies have been around a while and seen it all before, that is why we are probably more patient and more forgiving. ;)

Odd. Pulis has been brilliant, although I don't know what more he can do there. Surely he doesn't want to be unemployed yet though with no jobs available?!

Wonder how he'd do somewhere like Newcastle.

Dunno about Newcastle. Could go there, but I think it would put a metric s***-ton more pressure on Fat Sam at West Spam. And on Irving at West Brom, but I think he'd plump for the Ham job as its bigger, more money etc and a "set up". Dunno if Newcastle would go for him?

Then that is good news but how do you know certain jounos dont have an agenda? I dont see many balanced articles from some of them - only one side of the story.

They use a side of a which is most newsworthy. It's what they are paid to do. That's a bit different from a paper having some kind of coordinated campaign in which stories are released just to overshadow positive news. No one really cares that much.

Dunno about Newcastle. Could go there, but I think it would put a metric s***-ton more pressure on Fat Sam at West Spam. And on Irving at West Brom, but I think he'd plump for the Ham job as its bigger, more money etc and a "set up". Dunno if Newcastle would go for him?

True, Pulis's stock really has rocketed given the job he did last season. Palace would be mad to lose him.

Can't see either WHU or Newcastle going for him. He will be seen by both sets of fans as beneath them.

So he's only going to land up at WBA, Burnley, Leicester etc. Or taking Cardiff/Fulham back up

Can't see either WHU or Newcastle going for him. He will be seen by both sets of fans as beneath them.

So he's only going to land up at WBA, Burnley, Leicester etc. Or taking Cardiff/Fulham back up

I could see him working with the squad that West Ham have and it seems the owners and most definitely the fans are running out of patience with the chubby one. However, I agree, I think he's likely to end up elsewhere if he does indeed leave. His stock is in the ascendency for sure.

They use a side of a which is most newsworthy. It's what they are paid to do. That's a bit different from a paper having some kind of coordinated campaign in which stories are released just to overshadow positive news. No one really cares that much.

I used to work for The Guardian (and Times and Telegraph) and the prefered route is a balanced piece rather than a biased piece. That is not to say every article is balanced but the ones from the broadsheets have tended to be unilke the stories we have seen in the Mail.

My view is fair play to the board for sticking to their guns. It's a dangerous but ballsy move.

depends who promised what, i guess

Pulis may have come in under a promise of X,Y and Z being done/made available and that not happening

or, the opposite.

a mess really

depends who promised what, i guess

Pulis may have come in under a promise of X,Y and Z being done/made available and that not happening

or, the opposite.

a mess really

Well he signed on to a set up where others had control of transfer policy not him. If he wanted to grab complete control as some articles suggest then I have no sympathy. If board broke promises that might be a different issue.

Bet they appoint someone like Sherwood. And go down!

They have a huge job turning that round now. Confusion, disappointment and apparently little to spend.

Let's race away to 40 points and then sit back and enjoy the relegation battle for everyone else!

Mail says Lennon or Malky. I can't see Lennon going there. Might as well wait a wee while and take the WBA job or maybe the Newcastle or West Ham one. Why would any highish profile manager go there to face the same problems as Pulis?