Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

except, we are.only on saints web are people saying we are not/denying itthe team that played against united a few months ago (which was largely the first team)Boruc - on way out - NOT HAPPY NOT BEING NUMBER 1, UNWILLING TO FIGHT FOR PLACECork - on way out - SEEMINGLY NOT NEEDED BY CLUBchambers - gone - OFFERED GOOD MONEY, WENT TOO EARLY IMOlovren - gone - CLEARLY DIDNT WANT TO BE HEREshaw - gone - SAW THE LURE OF MONEY AND BETTER NANDOS IN MANCHESTERlallana - gone - SEE LOVRENlambert - gone - SURPRISED BY THIS ONE, BOYHOOD CLUBmorgan - desperate to leave - SEE LOVRENthrow in rodriguez injured and clearly wants outthat is very different from any team in the league/country (outside of blackpool)
Answers above... would you REALLY want players here who dont want to play for us? I wouldn't.

cork wanted to stay. many people here have actually spoken to him and he told them he wanted to stay.

his dad, wanted him to stay

thats as maybe. What is so hard to understand (not specifically you) - it is a 2-way decision... just because he wants to stay, doesnt mean that the club want him to.

except, we are.

only on saints web are people saying we are not/denying it

the team that played against united a few months ago (which was largely the first team)

Boruc - on way out

Cork - on way out

chambers - gone

lovren - gone

shaw - gone

lallana - gone

lambert - gone

morgan - desperate to leave

throw in rodriguez injured and clearly wants out

that is very different from any team in the league/country (outside of blackpool)

Here is my exodus XI

RODRIGUEZ LAMBERT OSVALDO

LALLANA CORK MORGAN

SHAW LOVREN CHAMBERS CORK

BORUC

Not bad team! Not sure we're gonna be able to shift Jay Rod + Morgan this window tho :(

Here is my exodus XI

LALLANA CORK MORGAN

BORUC

Not bad team! Not sure we're gonna be able to shift Jay Rod + Morgan this window tho :(

that would probably beat the team that stays

:lol:

Here is my exodus XI

LALLANA CORK MORGAN

BORUC

I've made a Fantasy Football team along similar lines. Threw in a couple of other former Saints to make up the numbers (Walcott, Chamberlain, Baird, Crouch, Puncheon).

Cork is a decent squad player but his problem is that he isnt as good at DM as Wanyama or Schneiderlin; offers little creativly or goal threat, cant play on the wings and isnt as good as Clyne at right back. Which begs the question why would you keep him.

I really don't see the benefit of selling him for £3m, even if he would go for nothing at the end of the season. He's worth paying £3m for based on how he's played over the past 2 seasons and I'd keep him on that basis. "Seven players" is pushing it a bit - we've got no guarantees re: Schneiderlin, even Wanyama was quoted as "wanting to play CL football" early in the transfer window, and good though he looked in the 20 minutes I've seen of him, Taider might not fit in over a longer period. Reed's got everything to prove, Ward-Prowse is getting to Cork's level but isn't there yet, and of course Davis has been excellent.

I just don't think getting rid of Cork is a good idea at the moment. Give it til Xmas when we know how this works during matches, and if we still want to move him on then, there will be a club in the bottom 6 desperate for his type of player.

It does make you wonder if all the premiership scouts are wandering about with their heads up their jacksies . We have a great little player , available at an unbelievably cheap price and only crystal palace seem interested. Why aren't spurs,Everton,stoke,west ham, villa , hull or wba chasing up this bargain. It appears that not only RK & Les are complete idiots for failing to see how great the guy is, but half the premier league managers and their scouting network are also complete clowns.

I can't believe that we are about to sell one of our best remaining players for 3m and spend 12.5m on Shane Long - have Koeman and the board lost their minds?

This season is going to be naff.

Sums up my view completely. I'm about done with this season and it hasn't even kicked off yet. The club i love being an object of mockery and in utter freefall.

Are we really selling Corky? It appears in the paper and is then taken as "Gospel" while other things that appear in the papers are dismissed out of hand! I'll reserve judgement for now.

Far too sensible mate. Far better to believe everything you read and spit your dummy out ;)

I can't believe that we are about to sell one of our best remaining players for 3m and spend 12.5m on Shane Long - have Koeman and the board lost their minds?

This season is going to be naff.

I think he's a good player, but "one of our best remaining players"? In line with the general tone of hysterical overreaction round here ...

that would probably beat the team that stays

:lol:

There is no probably about it, easy win on the cards with that 11. People who think we are almost as strong as last year's squad need slapping. They are happily lapping up the lack of ambition and shameful way our potential has been dismantled. They will also never admit that we have become worse in any way as it means praising Cortese who that camp were always so desperate to be rid of.

They wanted to go back to the "old" bumbling around saints... well ladies and gentlemen, they look to be back. Once morgan, cork and jayrod are gone, there really is very little left of the dream or the memories!

#ItHappenedButNowAsWeWantedItTo

The club i love being an object of mockery and in utter freefall.

I don't know how I'm going to cope with the thought of never watching the great man in a Saints shirt again. I'll always remember where I was when I heard the news , a true Lady Di moment for me.

I don't know if I can face the humiliation of seeing my work mates knowing that we only got £3mil for him, they're going to really rub it in.

Sadly, we've just got to get used to the idea that last seasons team and style is gone and we are in a new era, may be worse might be better but its a different manager with different style, different players and we just have to get behind them. But I shall always wonder what would have happened if Cotese had stayed and we had built on his vision instead of dismantling it

Squad player who wants first team football on a regular basis...one year to go on his contract and can't agree terms on a new contract. Club can't offer him better terms or guarantee him more time on the field...what would you do?

Personally I think it unfortunate but the outcome inevitable.:?

Sounds a fair assessment of the situation.

Cork is a decent squad player but his problem is that he isnt as good at DM as Wanyama or Schneiderlin; offers little creativly or goal threat, cant play on the wings and isnt as good as Clyne at right back. Which begs the question why would you keep him.

Do you really believe the Morgan will be staying? Do you think Wanyama with his style of play, won't pick up a few suspensions and injuries?

I thought the aim was to build up a decent squad to ensure competition in all positions? Not decimate it and replace with players unproven at Prem level.

None of those teams have sold their entire first team spine, though. There's tranisiton with the squad, and then there's a total gutting and rebuilding of a team. We're the latter.

Very true so we should get behind the club as they build for the future what has happened has happened we can do nothing about it

Gotta agree. £3m for one of our best performers last year & would be a deffo start for me when Morgan goes.

Very impressive every since he joined us. Only lost his place for spell when Wanyama arrived and then came back as strong as ever when opportunity arose.

Morgan's clearly not staying for long-term whatsoever and getting rid of this excellent performer for peanuts is crazy. He should be a fixture in the line-up not cheap as chips sale to Palace, massively strengthening them.

I think he's a good player, but "one of our best remaining players"? In line with the general tone of hysterical overreaction round here ...

Given the general tenor of this thread, I'd hardly say it was an overreaction..

I wonder if by selling Cork we can throw more wages at other players who we are trying to keep?

That is unlikely. Cork is not highly paid given that he was signed to a championship contract and we have plenty of salary cap room right now.