Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

No chance......Taider, Reed, JWp, Wanyama all ahead of Cork for me. And that's even before Morgan....so yes he is well down the pecking order and it would seem Koeman doesn't rate him. However, based on the fact it looks like we are paying stupid money for Shane bloody Long why not give Cork another contract?

No chance......Taider, Reed, JWp, Wanyama all ahead of Cork for me. And that's even before Morgan....so yes he is well down the pecking order and it would seem Koeman doesn't rate him. However, based on the fact it looks like we are paying stupid money for Shane bloody Long why not give Cork another contract?

I think that's how Koeman sees it but personally I wouldn't put JWP or Reed (who has immense potential) ahead yet. He's certainly behind Taider and Wanyama though for me.

Yes he should definitely play before jwp, taider or reed. Given Morgan's head has gone he should be a starter IMO.

Morgan is on borrowed time though...

In regards to Palace, I assumed it would be either Gnabry or Zaha.

I'd be gutted if it's Corky.

+ Ramirez has been used in a CM position during preseason, Koeman probably wanted to check if that might work too...

If we were signing somebody like jack cork today this board would be in melt down. He is really not that good, if he was as good as some make out on here , going into the last year of his contract loads of clubs would be in for him.

You just made that up. Cork is a decent player.

If we were signing somebody like jack cork today this board would be in melt down. He is really not that good, if he was as good as some make out on here , going into the last year of his contract loads of clubs would be in for him.

Its a fair point. If we were after Newcastle's 4th/5th choice CM in the last year of their deal there would be a meltdown.

Its a fair point. If we were after Newcastle's 4th/5th choice CM in the last year of their deal there would be a meltdown.

Simply untrue. If that midfielder happened to be a young, promising player who played for Britain in the Olympics and who won an award at the end of season awards there would not be a meltdown.

Right, Gardos off, Long in for stupid money and flogging Cork for peanuts, I'm all for going back to being dark and depressed... Who's joining me?

Cork is a very good player. Knits the team together very well and always available to receive the ball.... Long in Cork out - says it all about us now ..... The white collar lot at our club have demolished what we had in spectacular fashion.

I hope they are sleeping well because I would be sweating in their shoes.....

It would be a miracle if we have a good season this year.....let Cork go at our peril ....

Echo are reporting that we've given up our pursuit of Byram and will use Cork as cover for rb

If true we are deluded. Cork was a disaster last season when Pochettino made the experiment. Jack deserves more than being a cover for right back. GIVE HIM A F* CKING NEW 5 YEAR CONTRACT FFS

Seriously, can someone tell me how JWP would or should be rated ahead of Jack Cork in the pecking order at Saints judged on last seasons performances.

Cork is a quality asset to have in the squad not just his ability but his personality, MUST KEEP HIM. Morgan clearly will go whether it is in 1 week or 1 year so retaining cork for the next 4 years is essential. I can count the times he has let us down in 3 years on one hand, what does that say?

If true we are deluded. Cork was a disaster last season when Pochettino made the experiment. Jack deserves more than being a cover for right back. GIVE HIM A F* CKING NEW 5 YEAR CONTRACT FFS

When playing RB I've seen him play the postion very well....For an unnatural postion

Seriously, can someone tell me how JWP would or should be rated ahead of Jack Cork in the pecking order at Saints judged on last seasons performances.

Last season JWP had gone 2 seasons without a break due to him being so keen to play. He skipped his vacation to join up with pre season despite playing for the England Under 21's most of the summer. Last season started well but as he grew more and more tired he came both physically and mentally exhausted. People have short memories

Seemed to remember him getting MOM v Arsenal as a right back on a sky game.

But all academic now as Cork, a proven premiership player will be going shortly.......and the football manager generation element to this board ( ...and our board itself) will soon find out that (i)bringing in stacks of players with no experience of this league with the hope of achieving/maintaining success is very, very difficult, especially so when the existing core of players from a successful team has been removed; and (ii) not every player that comes out of youth level football is as good and/or physically developed as Chambers and Shaw.

Can't believe people are saying that players such as Taider, Reed and even Morgan are above Cork in the pecking order?

He was treated like ****e last season and still managed to nail down a regular spot. Was our best performer in a number of games.

Every year its the same, people talk about their starting XI, and leave out the players who dont look the best 'on paper'.

Davis (who i've seen left out of a number of teams) and Cork are the exact sort of players a successful team needs. Not sure where else you would find a midfielder of Jack's ability who even when isn't getting picked doesn't moan and works hard to get himself back into the team.

Football's not played on paper.

Seemed to remember him getting MOM v Arsenal as a right back on a sky game.

But all academic now as Cork, a proven premiership player will be going shortly.......and the football manager generation element to this board ( ...and our board itself) will soon find out that (i)bringing in stacks of players with no experience of this league with the hope of achieving/maintaining success is very, very difficult, especially so when the existing core of players from a successful team has been removed; and (ii) not every player that comes out of youth level football is as good and/or physically developed as Chambers and Shaw.

How do you know that Cork will be going shortly?

Just maybe those in the club think he is not good enough?

Right now I reckon he'd be behind Morgan, Vic, Taider, Jwp and possibly Reed for that CM spot.

Really?! I like JWP and Reed, but they're not at his level yet. Taider I can't comment on, and Vic struggled to get his place back last time because Cork was playing so well. He's very underrated IMO.

No chance......Taider, Reed, JWp, Wanyama all ahead of Cork for me.

JWP and Reed? That's encouraging improvement, if accurate, because Cork was excellent last season and JWP and Reed were merely finding their feet in games rather than having any impact on them at all. Taider surely has to prove himself before you can make that claim and there are many, me being one of them, that would argue that Cork was better than Victor last season.

Not suprised. If we wanted him we would have offered a contract previously.

Big loss though, appears on the whole like we want rid of most of the 'Cortese' players and to start again.

Might not mean anything but his brother said earlier today on Twitter:

"This could be an exciting few weeks!"

From the friendlies I saw, Bournemouth and Brighton, he didnt seem his usual self.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Jack Cork poised to join Crystal Palace on Thursday after £3m bid accepted by Southampton

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2724334/Jack-Cork-poised-join-Crystal-Palace-Thursday-3m-bid-accepted-Southampton.html

Have the club gone mental? Cork for 3 million? Just heard earlier on Talksport that Koeman didn't plan to use Callum Chambers in the first team which helped him decide on going to Arsenal. Seems both Koemzan and Pochettino don't rate Jack. I have been worried on where the youngsters are going to fit in, but Cork was out best player match after match. If this happens I will find it hard to follow the team under Koeman.

Edited by ART

Sad to see Jack go, but Koeman wants to play with one holding midfielder and that ultimately makes him surplus to requirements.

Can't quite understand how Morgan is worth nine times as much. We just have to hope his situation resolves itself now, because if he leaves or can't perform it's just Wanyama left all of a sudden.

Interesting part for me:

"Cork had one year left on contract and talks over a new deal had failed to produce an agreement."

He said to someone after the Leverkusen game that he hadn't been offered anything. Poor show for such a good player and professional.

Our loss, big gain for Palace.

I've hears he's asked for assurances on first team football and he wants quite a big wage. We don't really need him, it's our best stocked position.

Only a skate could utter such rubbish. Your comments of late have led me to believe we have a Trojan in our midst stirring us up. :(

Disgraceful IMO. Plus massively strengthens palace who will no doubt finish above us now. Saints lose a great little player and get no money in return. In bleakest moments didn't think things would get this atrocious.

Who would you pick in midfield playing a 4-1-2-3? Would you start Cork over Wanyama or Schneiderlin?