Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

Looks like he's a vicitim of the 'system', I was convinced MS was on his way to Poch on the last day of the window but surely that's not the case now if Corky is off or someone else is lined up? But £3m? Seriously?

What happened to young English players being worth a premium? We appear to have gone from being very canny in the transfer market to, if any recently reported deals actually come off, to getting mugged. I guess I should heed my own advice and sit back and wait for the rumours to actually materialise but I wouldn't be over fully chuffed about losing Cork. For £3m!

Cork is a fantastic DM, never lets the team down yet has been treated as a bit part. Whenever I've seen him play he's constantly winning the ball back for us, doing the dirty work and winning possession all the time. Also with Morgan agitating for a move we should make sure he stays.

If we let him go I think we'll regret it and if it's for as little as £3M then Palace would have bagged an absolute steal. I really hope he stays but all the signs point to an exit.

Looks like he's a vicitim of the 'system', I was convinced MS was on his way to Poch on the last day of the window but surely that's not the case now if Corky is off or someone else is lined up? But £3m? Seriously?

What happened to young English players being worth a premium? We appear to have gone from being very canny in the transfer market to, if any recently reported deals actually come off, to getting mugged. I guess I should heed my own advice and sit back and wait for the rumours to actually materialise but I wouldn't be over fully chuffed about losing Cork. For £3m!

Jack Cork is barely a young English talent now - note he is being linked with Crystal Palace, not Manchester City.

I like him and don't want him to go but he has established his level which is mid/low Premier League. Plus he only has a year left, which means fee would be low.

I wonder if the Cork for England calls continue on here if he becomes a Palace player.

From the replies, it's clear the club's propaganda machine is operating on here trying to convince us it's good to get rid of Cork. Can't wait to see what they have to say when we come to realise what fools we are to let him go.

You remind me of that bloke in the Dukes of Hazard who wore an armadillo on his head.

In a season when he entered the last year of his contract he seems not to have impressed the new manager in training or in the pre season games.

I am as disappointed as the next person, but if the above summation is accurate then £3m now v £0 in June 15 is somewhat of a straightforward position.

Like I say, I am disappointed as he is excellent when given a run in the team, but also I am pragmatic

I see the bed-wetting has re-started based on one of our bit part players - who has asked for assurances of first team football - not signing a new contract and being sold.

Let me put it to you all very, very simply. 2 consecutive managers don't seem to rate him that highly. Only Palace are in for him. Does that not tell that the guy MIGHT not be as good as you all think he is? He is fine, has done a job well for us in the past, but is not going to get game time with the new system we're playing, hence, he is surplus to requirements.

Good luck Cork, thanks for all your hard work.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

Jack Cork is barely a young English talent now - note he is being linked with Crystal Palace...

'Average' English/homegrown players appear to be moving clubs for around £10m, English 'talent', as we know, go for £25-30m-plus.

If Cork leaves for £3m then some club has made a steal.

Great little player is Cork. Offers no goal threat and doesn't even assist much, but stitches our play together beautifully. He's so solid and reliable and 'without ego' as Ralph might say. I hope the board know what they are doing as it just seems madness to get rid of what little continuity we have left for such a paltry fee. I fear the board will live to regret this one. He'll be Palace's best player.

'Average' English/homegrown players appear to be moving clubs for around £10m, English 'talent', as we know, go for £25-30m-plus.

If Cork leaves for £3m then some club has made a steal.

Well done for cutting off the bit about his contract.

Great little player is Cork. Offers no goal threat and doesn't even assist much, but stitches our play together beautifully. He's so solid and reliable and 'without ego' as Ralph might say. I hope the board know what they are doing as it just seems madness to get rid of what little continuity we have left for such a paltry fee. I fear the board will live to regret this one. He'll be Palace's best player.

Solid and reliable yes. Great little player - not so much. He's fine. Much prefer to see him leave than say Steven Davis.

He's just not going to play.

£3m reflects the fact he has only one year on his contract and can leave for free next summer.

We had better get used to it because next summer the same will apply to Jay Rod, Clyne and Ramirez.

If they won't sign new contracts (highly likely) or arent offered one then they will be sold.

I see the bed-wetting has re-started based on one of our bit part players - who has asked for assurances of first team football - not signing a new contract and being sold.

Let me put it to you all very, very simply. 2 consecutive managers don't seem to rate him that highly. Only Palace are in for him. Does that not tell that the guy MIGHT not be as good as you all think he is? He is fine, has done a job well for us in the past, but is not going to get game time with the new system we're playing, hence, he is surplus to requirements.

Good luck Cork, thanks for all your hard work.

Palace will finish above us. 2 consecutive managers might be wrong. I think Cork is excellent and could help protect our paltry defense, especially if Wanyama gets injured. So sorry, I disagree. And quit with your stupid 'bed wetting' comments. Do us a favour

Palace will finish above us. 2 consecutive managers might be wrong. I think Cork is excellent and could help protect our paltry defense, especially if Wanyama gets injured. So sorry, I disagree. And quit with your stupid 'bed wetting' comments. Do us a favour

The reaction to us selling a bit part player, likely to be more bit part this year, is pathetic. He's fine, does a good job as a squad player. That's about it.

Jack Cork is a tidy player. I'll be sorry to see him go but think that competition for our (probably) three midfield spots is fierce. Big Vic, Davis, JWP, Morgan, Taider, Reed. Maybe we will miss his link up play but we certainly won't be losing a goal threat.

I like Cork a lot.

However, our midfield WAS better when we played Wanyama, Morgan & Davis in CM. Our points per game average was better with them at the core of the team.

Cork did not play for half the season then did a good job of covering, but not as good as our first choice three.

I do not want to see him leave, BUT it was clear last season that we needed to find somebody BETTER than MS/VW/SD in order to improve the team.

I won't wet my bed YET, because it may well be that the Management have identified a player who is better than what we have as our first choice CM's. It may be JWP/Harry Reed or it may be a new signing.

I'm gonna go find some toys and an old pram and have it ready for midnight on 1st September, until then 1) I am not surprised and 2) Maybe MS has sorted his head out and will stay longer :shakey: or 3) Somebody BETTER is coming in.

(Yes I know the "how can we be sure we get someone better?" caveat, "are they proven in the PL?", "will they fit the team spirit?" etc "will they be another Shane Long FFS?")

(actually think that Shane could work out quite well btw at least the Guly haters have a new focus!)

You still haven't explained where that came from have you or the reference to requesting 'quite a big wage' (whatever that means). You've just made it up hoping it will stick if you say it enough haven't you. He made 33 appearances last year, is that 'bit part'.

he said he wanted to improve on the squad last season.

we have the same (if not more) holes in the squad. and it certainly is not as good

We've spent £68m though, which makes it even more of a WTF summer. Can't quite work out where we've improved by spending £68m.

A football team is an ever evolving beast. Old players leave, new players come in... those new players one day become surplus to requirements (by the manager, not necessarily the fans - but it is the manager who counts) and new players come in.

But having so much change in one summer is a recipe for disaster to be honest.

We've spent £68m though, which makes it even more of a WTF summer. Can't quite work out where we've improved by spending £68m.

We are worse (or its a gamble so we don't know) in almost every area. If cork and Boruc goes then we are weak or weaker than last year at gk, cb, lb, rb, the wings, cm and attack.

But having so much change in one summer is a recipe for disaster to be honest.

maybe... it's not always a positive thing changing so many players at once (look at spurs last season) - but there is a reason for it all, im sure.

Perhaps Cork doesnt fit in the style of the team going forward. Perhaps he isn't as effective as others in training. Perhaps he doesnt want to be here, and has rejected a contract offer (but stayed private). who knows. all that we know, as it's starting to become obvious, is that he's surplus to requirements here

The harsh truth is that Jack finds himself down the pecking order. Yes, he has been great for us but now he is just back up, and i don't think he's happy with that. He deserves to play for someone else, but i think 6m would be a better deal.

From what i've seen Reed, JWP, Davis, Taider, Morgan and Wanyama all give us more than Cork. I'd be happy if he stayed and not bothered if he left. I'll be glad to see the back of his lofted crosses and sideways passing. I look forward to the day when a player stays and fights for their place in the team.

Morgan's not going to be here for long, and how you can possibly elevate Reed above a first team player of three years, I do not know. Furthermore, JWP had a so-so season last year and Davis has never (well, rarely) been a starting CM for us - although Koeman clearly rates him in said berth.

As things stand he is a better player than Reed or Ward-Prowse and has higher energy levels, £3m is giving him a way.

Quite. And for all those bleating on about Cork being behind in the pecking order...we played two central midfielders last season and he was third choice. We play three central midfielders this season and he is probably fourth choice. His first team prospects were absolutely fine (if not better) this season but then we signed Taider and the writing was on the wall. We've hardly made the decision for him to stay easy, have we?

The club is to blame for about to lose an asset for very little due to him being in a position of having just a year left on his deal. Lets not forget at the end of last season Cork said he spoke with Reed and the owner about a new deal - so what changed?

Another Reed balls up.

Batman , have you met Ralph ?

Or is it a case you just don't like figure heads of any organisation

I bet if you had served under nelson , you would be making the same comments

Viking, in your time supporting SFC have you ever thought those running the Club under-performed in anyway or have they always been beyond reproach? Just interested.

we have sold 5 first team players, and bought in 5 replacements. By comparison:

Newcastle have bought in 9 players

Arsenal - 4

Villa - 6

Burnley - 6

Chelsea - 5 (14 out)

Palace - 3 (8 out)

Liverpool 7 (9 out)

I could go on, but you get the picture.... we're no different that every other team... were going through a transition and some players will be let go

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/summer-transfer-window-2014.html

Arsenal - 4

Villa - 6

Burnley - 6

Chelsea - 5 (14 out)

Palace - 3 (8 out)

Liverpool 7 (9 out)

I could go on, but you get the picture.... we're no different that every other team... were going through a transition and some players will be let go

except, we are.

only on saints web are people saying we are not/denying it

the team that played against united a few months ago (which was largely the first team)

Boruc - on way out

Cork - on way out

chambers - gone

lovren - gone

shaw - gone

lallana - gone

lambert - gone

morgan - desperate to leave

throw in rodriguez injured and clearly wants out

that is very different from any team in the league/country (outside of blackpool)

Arsenal - 4

Villa - 6

Burnley - 6

Chelsea - 5 (14 out)

Palace - 3 (8 out)

Liverpool 7 (9 out)

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/summer-transfer-window-2014.html

None of those teams have sold their entire first team spine, though. There's tranisiton with the squad, and then there's a total gutting and rebuilding of a team. We're the latter.