Jack Cork Rumours

toe_punt

Do you know what, just sell Schneiderlin. There is no way back for him now, he's nailed his colour well and truly to the mast and is going to be a poisonous influence in the dressing room.

Just don't sell him to Spurs though. I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs throughout Europe who would jump at the chance to have him.

It doesnt matter how much we moan and bleep

theres not a lot we as fans can do about it

Is it possible we are using cork as part of a swop deal for one of their players by any chance

Cortesse will be rubbing his hands if he is reading this forum and the abuse that is being directed towards the board

Well done daily Mail

What abuse of the board are you talking about? People are reacting to a multitude of decisions made by the board and react to each one inline with their own perceptions and opinions and subsequently share on a message board.

Nothing to do with Cortese, the Mail or anything else. It's more normal to react negatively to seeing the club sell off your best players (for whatever reason) than it is to blindly seal clap whatever happens and then whine constantly when people don't see it the same way as you.

Do you ever have an opinion beyond whatever a nasty journo or poster writes?

It doesnt matter how much we moan and bleep

theres not a lot we as fans can do about it

Is it possible we are using cork as part of a swop deal for one of their players by any chance

Cortesse will be rubbing his hands if he is reading this forum and the abuse that is being directed towards the board

Well done daily Mail

What on earth are you on about?

What abuse of the board are you talking about? People are reacting to a multitude of decisions made by the board and react to each one inline with their own perceptions and opinions and subsequently share on a message board.

Nothing to do with Cortese, the Mail or anything else. It's more normal to react negatively to seeing the club sell off your best players (for whatever reason) than it is to blindly seal clap whatever happens and then whine constantly when people don't see it the same way as you.

Yep. Seems that the head in sand posters are much more likely to carp on about an opinion that differs from their own than the other way round.

Good point. I remember loads of b*tchng and whinging on here when he was sold, but he hardly set the world alight at Palace did he? In fact I think they still don't really like him that much ...

He scored 7 league goals last season. He'll probably hit similar levels this year. £1.2m is a snip.

As mush as Cork has done a good job for us, who in reality, has him in the starting XI if the whole squad is fit? I don't.

If he has been told he isn't first choice (pre-season selections would certainly suggest it) can you really blame him for wanting to go?

The price is low, but that is due to his lack of contract. I wish him all the best, for me we have better.

Have to say my view is he's a decent squad player but he is behind, MS, VW, Taider and probably Davis/JWP in that midfield 3/5 RK wants to play. There's also the academy lads like Reed

I said last year he is frustrating because he always passes sideways, never gets forward and has no goal threat. If we get 3/4m for a player in last year of his contract that's good business

I think the part of the brain that rationally assesses the implications of selling our best 5 players, is missing from VW. Maybe it will take Schneiderlin and Cork to depart for it to kick in.

Do you know what, just sell Schneiderlin. There is no way back for him now, he's nailed his colour well and truly to the mast and is going to be a poisonous influence in the dressing room.

Just don't sell him to Spurs though. I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs throughout Europe who would jump at the chance to have him.

What a foolish suggestion. That is exactly what Schneiderlin wants by his childish behavior and being a c u n t.

No way should we let this happen. Let him suffer and be an example to future players who sign contracts and then mess a club about to be sold when a better offer comes along.

I see that Matt le Tissier has called Cork a very good footballer and said if he goes for £3 million is will be the bargain of the season. The way we are being run is crazy.

Good to see club legend shares high opinion of Cork. Just wish Saints board pull their heads out of whatever hole they've stuck them in before we lose another very good player and this time for a pittance.

What a foolish suggestion. That is exactly what Schneiderlin wants by his childish behavior and being a c u n t.

No way should we let this happen. Let him suffer and be an example to future players who sign contracts and then mess a club about to be sold when a better offer comes along.

In fairness to him though, look at everyone else we have let go, why stop with him?! He's made it impossible now and I would far rather we got upwards of 20million now than not be able to play him anyway and his value just drop. I agree in making a stand, but its far too late for that now, we should have done that with a mercenary like Lovren.

Have to say my view is he's a decent squad player but he is behind, MS, VW, Taider and probably Davis/JWP in that midfield 3/5 RK wants to play. There's also the academy lads like Reed

I said last year he is frustrating because he always passes sideways, never gets forward and has no goal threat. If we get 3/4m for a player in last year of his contract that's good business

That's a tactical decision. Not every player can attack.

Except Schneiderlin doesn't want to play for us, Cork kept Wanyamma out the side at times last season and Taider and Reed are untested in the Prem.

It is a fire sale. Said it all along, you sell damaged goods during a fire sale.!

A fire sale is where you sell everything as quickly as you can.

I'm sure morgan would love to hear there is a fire sale going on.

Keep telling yourself these things Robbie but it doesn't matter how many times you do...... It's still horsesh!te

Very good player. Rarely loses the ball. Has been treated badly. We have made a huge mistake. Idiotic.

I thought the argument was about Cork. The sad truth is that although he is an average PL midfielder he just never fulfilled his early promise of something better. He gives the ball away too easily; he isn't creative enough and overall simply isn't as good as several others we have for the midfield positions. He and his father's pronouncements make it clear he wanted certain guarantees which we couldn't give him. He will be under less pressure at Palace where they have lower expectations and might well be a regular starter. I hope for his sake he does well. Given he has only a year to run on the contract 3 million is a good deal for Saints.

It does make you wonder if all the premiership scouts are wandering about with their heads up their jacksies . We have a great little player , available at an unbelievably cheap price and only crystal palace seem interested. Why aren't spurs,Everton,stoke,west ham, villa , hull or wba chasing up this bargain. It appears that not only RK & Les are complete idiots for failing to see how great the guy is, but half the premier league managers and their scouting network are also complete clowns.

Given the number of people on here who've seen him play there and STILL insist he can play right back, I don't think this Forum is much better. He's a very good defensive midfield player, who works well in tight spaces, and plays short passes very effectively. He can't shoot for toffee, isn't THAT great a tackler, preferring to intercept and jockey (that's not a criticism) and he's not much cop at playing passes over 30 yards with any pace - but I'd definitely want to keep him.

A fire sale is where you sell everything as quickly as you can.

I'm sure morgan would love to hear there is a fire sale going on.

Keep telling yourself these things Robbie but it doesn't matter how many times you do...... It's still horsesh!te

Quite.

I thought the argument was about Cork. The sad truth is that although he is an average PL midfielder he just never fulfilled his early promise of something better. He gives the ball away too easily; he isn't creative enough and overall simply isn't as good as several others we have for the midfield positions. He and his father's pronouncements make it clear he wanted certain guarantees which we couldn't give him. He will be under less pressure at Palace where they have lower expectations and might well be a regular starter. I hope for his sake he does well. Given he has only a year to run on the contract 3 million is a good deal for Saints.

I think you're the only person that's said this - possibly because it isn't true.

Has this potential move been "confirmed" anywhere else other than the Daily Mail? Only reason i ask is that yesterday I read that it was Nzonzi from Stoke that was the potential mover to Palace. Today Mark Hughes has spoken out saying he is going nowhere etc etc.. So is this just a case of the daily mail destabilisation machine clutching at straws as we get to the proverbial bottom of the barrel in terms of the player "exodus"?

FWIW, if he does go then I understand the reasons why but yes it will be a shame. In reality i think any player leaving that has served us well during the last 5 glorious years is going to feel like crap but we move on..

Nope, he actually retains the ball incredibly well. He does a specific job very efficiently. Win the ball, hassle, and pass it on. Be available as an option for others. A very accomplished PL performer, as seen in the past two seasons. He doesn't possess the goal threat or dynamism to play for England, but he's a super player to have around our squad. Steady? Yes. Average? No.

Wanyama probably possesses greater potential with his physical attributes, but with the uncertainty around the club at the moment I do feel it's a poor decision to let such a consistent player leave. Perhaps RK is confident that Reed can step up.

Cork would be one of the first names on my team sheet, not only as the beating heart of what

will be a team of strangers, but also because he warrants it - at least based on his performances

in the latter part of the season when Wanyama, altho fit again, couldn't get back in the side after

his injury.

Cork would be one of the first names on my team sheet, not only as the beating heart of what

will be a team of strangers, but also because he warrants it - at least based on his performances

in the latter part of the season when Wanyama, altho fit again, couldn't get back in the side after

his injury.

That's how i see it too, the Morgan situation just makes it a multitude of times worse.

Wanyama is a great defensive shield in certain games but would hate to go into season without as accomplished a performer as Cork.

his injury.

Yep.

That's how i see it too, the Morgan situation just makes it a multitude of times worse.

Wanyama is a great defensive shield in certain games but would hate to go into season without as accomplished a performer as Cork.

Yep.

Has this potential move been "confirmed" anywhere else other than the Daily Mail? Only reason i ask is that yesterday I read that it was Nzonzi from Stoke that was the potential mover to Palace. Today Mark Hughes has spoken out saying he is going nowhere etc etc.. So is this just a case of the daily mail destabilisation machine clutching at straws as we get to the proverbial bottom of the barrel in terms of the player "exodus"?

FWIW, if he does go then I understand the reasons why but yes it will be a shame. In reality i think any player leaving that has served us well during the last 5 glorious years is going to feel like crap but we move on..

SSN just said no offer has been accepted (yet?) according to their sources

Cork must be absolutely ****ing terrible in pre-season as both Poch and now RoKo have turned their noses up at him.

I'm conscious of not being too precious about one of our own players, and it is important to remember that keeping average senior players can prevent top notch youngsters coming through, but I don't understand this move. How much is Cork demanding a week? Not more than Palace can afford!

So lets talk about what we do know then.

If he refuses to sign the offered contract is it better to sell him now and use the money towards another player who wants to be here or is it better to keep him until he can walk for nothing?

what do we know then? you just posted nothing that is known after the first statement