• Wanyama
    • Schneiderlin
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Pelle
    • Isgrove
    • Long

Massive credit to RK for putting a team out that played with such spirit and confidence given the summer we have had, and how little time he's had to adjust.

Goals may be a concern, but at the very least everyone looked like they fighting for the team together.

Massive credit to RK for putting a team out that played with such spirit and confidence given the summer we have had, and how little time he's had to adjust.

Goals may be a concern, but at the very least everyone looked like they fighting for the team together.

Very promising performance!

Bertrand had a solid game and looks a good acquisition

Wanyama was a beast today and some of his passing was very good , especially the through ball on 55 mins!

Tadic looks a good prospect and is only going to get better

Forster looks a very solid keeper , cant be blamed for any of the goals , solid signing

Clyne certainly made up for his bad positioning for the opener , had a very good game and his goal was a wonderful bit of play with the tadic backheel

Think we are in for a good season under Koeman , team is looking like a top half team based on that performance

Very promising performance!

Bertrand had a solid game and looks a good acquisition

Wanyama was a beast today and some of his passing was very good , especially the through ball on 55 mins!

Tadic looks a good prospect and is only going to get better

Forster looks a very solid keeper , cant be blamed for any of the goals , solid signing

Clyne certainly made up for his bad positioning for the opener , had a very good game and his goal was a wonderful bit of play with the tadic backheel

Think we are in for a good season under Koeman , team is looking like a top half team based on that performance

sorry but thatbis shyte. i didnt see liverpool up any gears. if anything saints uped the gears secomd half and should have run away with it.

Well clearly they did, and it coincided with SRL coming on the pitch. Gave them a lift, didn't last long but had exactly the desired effect.

sorry but thatbis shyte. i didnt see liverpool up any gears. if anything saints uped the gears secomd half and should have run away with it.

Well clearly they did, and it coincided with SRL coming on the pitch. Gave them a lift, didn't last long but had exactly the desired effect.

Forster - 6 - Solid, no chance with either goal.

Clyne - 5 - Absolute garbage first 30 mins, improved and took his goal superbly but very poor for both goals

Fonte - 8 - Very good, coped well but could have postioned himself better for their goal, excellent second half

Yoshida - 6 - Erratic, made mistakes early on but also did very well on other occasions (tackle on Coutinho was class).

Bertrand - 7 - Very impressive going forward

Morgan - 6 - Did Ok, didn't seem as 'involved' but had one or two moments

Wanyama - 8 - Superb performance, made some crucial tackles/interventions but sloppy for their second

Davis - 7 - Did a lot of unnoticed work, wasted a glorious chance on the hour mark that cost us

JWP - 6 - Looked like he was playing out of position, good set pieces though and got better second half

Pelle - 6 - Mainly isolated

Tadic - 8 - has great feet and was a key attacking threat. Sometimes wasteful but what an assist.

On that evidence I think we are about where we were last season. There are quality players in the squad and on another day we could have won the game. It was finishing that cost us

Regarding Yoshida people always forget he's a jobber/backup and he isn't Lovren mark II. He made some careless mistakes early on but he also did some very good work. He made a key tackle on Coutinho just before HT, coped very well with a hospital pass he received on his own 18 yard line and set up Tadic down the left with a strong header. Clyne was far worse than him defensively today. Yoshida also tends to get better with more match practice, so personally I'm ok with him.

Forster - 6 - Solid, no chance with either goal.

Clyne - 5 - Absolute garbage first 30 mins, improved and took his goal superbly but very poor for both goals

Fonte - 8 - Very good, coped well but could have postioned himself better for their goal, excellent second half

Yoshida - 6 - Erratic, made mistakes early on but also did very well on other occasions (tackle on Coutinho was class).

Bertrand - 7 - Very impressive going forward

Morgan - 6 - Did Ok, didn't seem as 'involved' but had one or two moments

Wanyama - 8 - Superb performance, made some crucial tackles/interventions but sloppy for their second

Davis - 7 - Did a lot of unnoticed work, wasted a glorious chance on the hour mark that cost us

JWP - 6 - Looked like he was playing out of position, good set pieces though and got better second half

Pelle - 6 - Mainly isolated

Tadic - 8 - has great feet and was a key attacking threat. Sometimes wasteful but what an assist.

On that evidence I think we are about where we were last season. There are quality players in the squad and on another day we could have won the game. It was finishing that cost us

Regarding Yoshida people always forget he's a jobber/backup and he isn't Lovren mark II. He made some careless mistakes early on but he also did some very good work. He made a key tackle on Coutinho just before HT, coped very well with a hospital pass he received on his own 18 yard line and set up Tadic down the left with a strong header. Clyne was far worse than him defensively today. Yoshida also tends to get better with more match practice, so personally I'm ok with him.

Decent performance, had the chances to get something from the game. Play like that and there's no reason why we can't repeat the 8th place finish. Yoshida, Clyne and JWP superb.

Pelle on the other had, abysmal. May as well have not been on the pitch - needs to seriously step up.

Really? Not appalling but shaky and bad header lead to the winner. Thought Pelle was OK. Linked up well at times and held the ball up well. Owned by Lovren in the air though. Thought Fonte, Clyne and Wanyama played really well, Schneiderlin was well off the pace and the others were patchy. Bad miss by Long at the end but Isgrove looked useful at the end.

Decent performance, had the chances to get something from the game. Play like that and there's no reason why we can't repeat the 8th place finish. Yoshida, Clyne and JWP superb.

Pelle on the other had, abysmal. May as well have not been on the pitch - needs to seriously step up.

Really? Not appalling but shaky and bad header lead to the winner. Thought Pelle was OK. Linked up well at times and held the ball up well. Owned by Lovren in the air though. Thought Fonte, Clyne and Wanyama played really well, Schneiderlin was well off the pace and the others were patchy. Bad miss by Long at the end but Isgrove looked useful at the end.

Liverpool lived dangerously but upped the gear when they needed to.

Good effort but given the team we have at the moment it's hard to see how we can up a gear ourselves.

Yoshida got better as he went on. Pelle is not good enough, yet. Long is not worth £12m.

We need another striker (I know Jay Rod is still ours and to come back but....)

We need another CB.

We need another right sided attacking wing.

We played ok. Deserved a draw for effort, but Liverpool had too many options and gears. Commendable away performance, but we are not a complete team yet.

Seriously, you need to stop posting. Every post only serves to highlight how little you know about football.

Liverpool lived dangerously but upped the gear when they needed to.

Good effort but given the team we have at the moment it's hard to see how we can up a gear ourselves.

Yoshida got better as he went on. Pelle is not good enough, yet. Long is not worth £12m.

We need another striker (I know Jay Rod is still ours and to come back but....)

We need another CB.

We need another right sided attacking wing.

We played ok. Deserved a draw for effort, but Liverpool had too many options and gears. Commendable away performance, but we are not a complete team yet.

Seriously, you need to stop posting. Every post only serves to highlight how little you know about football.

How did Long miss that header..just awful. I'm no expert but Schniederlin didn't shoe much "heart" out there, the first goal only happened due to his weak 50/50 tackle on Henderson.

All in all though Tadic and Bertrand looked good together. The new striker appeared slow but was in some good positions and JWP looked very comfortable along with Davis and Wanyama. Definitely not relegation candidates unless there are some unfortunate injuries throug the year.

How did Long miss that header..just awful. I'm no expert but Schniederlin didn't shoe much "heart" out there, the first goal only happened due to his weak 50/50 tackle on Henderson.

All in all though Tadic and Bertrand looked good together. The new striker appeared slow but was in some good positions and JWP looked very comfortable along with Davis and Wanyama. Definitely not relegation candidates unless there are some unfortunate injuries throug the year.

Deserved a draw, wanyama, fonte, tadić, JWP, Morgan, Clyne stood out for me, yoshida looked nervous and is clearly a weak link, although some good tackles in the second half. Pellè was my biggest concern might as well have played with ten men, truly shocking needs to step it up big time.

Deserved a draw, wanyama, fonte, tadić, JWP, Morgan, Clyne stood out for me, yoshida looked nervous and is clearly a weak link, although some good tackles in the second half. Pellè was my biggest concern might as well have played with ten men, truly shocking needs to step it up big time.

Not the complete whitewash most were predicting. First half was meh! Second half was excellent, Tadic is a find and a half. Very happy and I think we will be ok for the rest of the season. Still need a CB and a speedy right sided player....

All in all good performance and something to build on.

Not the complete whitewash most were predicting. First half was meh! Second half was excellent, Tadic is a find and a half. Very happy and I think we will be ok for the rest of the season. Still need a CB and a speedy right sided player....

All in all good performance and something to build on.

That should shut up all those doom-sayers predicting 6-0, 4-0, 3-0, etc.

Saints looked really impressive. Wanyama was immense - I didn't see him make one mistake. Tackles were all there, and no wayward passing. Tadic and Bertrand were great together on the left. Ward-Prowse was very effective.

Our momentum going forward was really good. We were really direct - lots of one-touch passing surging forward.

Really, we wuz robbed!

That should shut up all those doom-sayers predicting 6-0, 4-0, 3-0, etc.

Saints looked really impressive. Wanyama was immense - I didn't see him make one mistake. Tackles were all there, and no wayward passing. Tadic and Bertrand were great together on the left. Ward-Prowse was very effective.

Our momentum going forward was really good. We were really direct - lots of one-touch passing surging forward.

Really, we wuz robbed!

I wasn't expecting anything from the game today, but feel totally gutted to have lost that.

There are a lot of promising signs, can see us improving when we've been playing together a couple of weeks.

Tadic looked good Wanyama was an absolute beast. Bertrand looked good good and had a good understanding with Tadic.

I wasn't expecting anything from the game today, but feel totally gutted to have lost that.

There are a lot of promising signs, can see us improving when we've been playing together a couple of weeks.

Tadic looked good Wanyama was an absolute beast. Bertrand looked good good and had a good understanding with Tadic.