• Davis
    • Tadic
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Pelle
    • Isgrove
    • Long

Very promising performance!

Bertrand had a solid game and looks a good acquisition

Wanyama was a beast today and some of his passing was very good , especially the through ball on 55 mins!

Tadic looks a good prospect and is only going to get better

Forster looks a very solid keeper , cant be blamed for any of the goals , solid signing

Clyne certainly made up for his bad positioning for the opener , had a very good game and his goal was a wonderful bit of play with the tadic backheel

Think we are in for a good season under Koeman , team is looking like a top half team based on that performance

We are not looking like a top half team for me. Not yet. Rest I agree with.

Very promising performance!

Bertrand had a solid game and looks a good acquisition

Wanyama was a beast today and some of his passing was very good , especially the through ball on 55 mins!

Tadic looks a good prospect and is only going to get better

Forster looks a very solid keeper , cant be blamed for any of the goals , solid signing

Clyne certainly made up for his bad positioning for the opener , had a very good game and his goal was a wonderful bit of play with the tadic backheel

Think we are in for a good season under Koeman , team is looking like a top half team based on that performance

We are not looking like a top half team for me. Not yet. Rest I agree with.

As above really, some good some bad but no sign of crisis. Throw in Ramirez, get our team gelled a little more, add another creative threat and we could be looking to push into top half once again.

Wanayama was imperious. The man was everywhere and his passing was really rather good.

Only real negative for me, aside from not taking points, was the coverage of the game. Grievance as old as time but even the missus piped up remarked on how one side the coverage and commentary seemed. Sure it is a lovely story for Liverpool and our former players but you would hardly know their was another side playing!

As above really, some good some bad but no sign of crisis. Throw in Ramirez, get our team gelled a little more, add another creative threat and we could be looking to push into top half once again.

Wanayama was imperious. The man was everywhere and his passing was really rather good.

Only real negative for me, aside from not taking points, was the coverage of the game. Grievance as old as time but even the missus piped up remarked on how one side the coverage and commentary seemed. Sure it is a lovely story for Liverpool and our former players but you would hardly know their was another side playing!

This 'new' Southampton plays some bloody nice football. The chemistry in the build-up for Clyne's goal (among other moments) was breathtaking.

I'm seeing a potentially more creative team that hasn't lost the ability to get in the opponents' faces and make life hard for them. Deliver us one more CB and I don't anticipate needing until 'September One' to judge our Summer, Mr Krueger.

This 'new' Southampton plays some bloody nice football. The chemistry in the build-up for Clyne's goal (among other moments) was breathtaking.

I'm seeing a potentially more creative team that hasn't lost the ability to get in the opponents' faces and make life hard for them. Deliver us one more CB and I don't anticipate needing until 'September One' to judge our Summer, Mr Krueger.

That should shut up all those doom-sayers predicting 6-0, 4-0, 3-0, etc.

Saints looked really impressive. Wanyama was immense - ]I didn't see him make one mistake. Tackles were all there, and no wayward passing. Tadic and Bertrand were great together on the left. Ward-Prowse was very effective.

Our momentum going forward was really good. We were really direct - lots of one-touch passing surging forward.

Really, we wuz robbed!

It was his appalling clearing header that led to their 2nd. That aside, he was undoubtedly great.

That should shut up all those doom-sayers predicting 6-0, 4-0, 3-0, etc.

Saints looked really impressive. Wanyama was immense - ]I didn't see him make one mistake. Tackles were all there, and no wayward passing. Tadic and Bertrand were great together on the left. Ward-Prowse was very effective.

Our momentum going forward was really good. We were really direct - lots of one-touch passing surging forward.

Really, we wuz robbed!

It was his appalling clearing header that led to their 2nd. That aside, he was undoubtedly great.

Well clearly they did, and it coincided with SRL coming on the pitch. Gave them a lift, didn't last long but had exactly the desired effect.

thier winner was poor defending. wanyama failing to clear followed by davis failing to win a header against sterling. thats not steppping up a gear in my opinion but if you feel it was then thats your call, i just dont agree.

Well clearly they did, and it coincided with SRL coming on the pitch. Gave them a lift, didn't last long but had exactly the desired effect.

thier winner was poor defending. wanyama failing to clear followed by davis failing to win a header against sterling. thats not steppping up a gear in my opinion but if you feel it was then thats your call, i just dont agree.

That was cash as f#ck. We're a centre back and centre forward short of being as good as last year, Pelle is appalling. For what should've been the hardest game of the season we looked superb, just needed a striker. It's all about points though, lets get 3 of them next week.

Agree Pelle looked ****e but at the moment he has the reason/excuse that he's new to the league and he's got to get used to the pace of the Prem. If he hasn't after 10 matches we will know he is just ****e. Sincerely hope not.

That was cash as f#ck. We're a centre back and centre forward short of being as good as last year, Pelle is appalling. For what should've been the hardest game of the season we looked superb, just needed a striker. It's all about points though, lets get 3 of them next week.

Agree Pelle looked ****e but at the moment he has the reason/excuse that he's new to the league and he's got to get used to the pace of the Prem. If he hasn't after 10 matches we will know he is just ****e. Sincerely hope not.

Disappointed, obviously, but also very encouraged. Tadic and Bertrand look like they could be quite a handful down the left. Thought Morgan and Davis were a bit meh, same with pelle. Wanyama was excellent, Clyne was tosh 1st half but transformed in the 2nd. Maya started shakily but gained confidence as the game went on. Bottom line is we deserved something from a game at one of the top 5 sides, so we don't look too far off last seasons team.

Disappointed, obviously, but also very encouraged. Tadic and Bertrand look like they could be quite a handful down the left. Thought Morgan and Davis were a bit meh, same with pelle. Wanyama was excellent, Clyne was tosh 1st half but transformed in the 2nd. Maya started shakily but gained confidence as the game went on. Bottom line is we deserved something from a game at one of the top 5 sides, so we don't look too far off last seasons team.

Even though it was a defeat, it was a performance which should raise the momentum once more. In the 2nd half we played a tactical game to limit the space in midfield, and it did work as their midfielders struggled to get onto the ball. The issue was that the attacking area didn't really function, it was all a little static and Pelle was very isolated up front on his own with very little support in and around him. Liverpool weren't playing very well and we were limiting them.

In the 2nd half, we played with a purpose. We seemed to have a lot more fluidity in the attacking third and JWP came into his own in the space behind the striker, which is somewhere I don't think many of us have ever seen him play! Tadic wasn't as static on the left, and as we saw with the goal, he floated all over the front line and pulled their back line all over the show. We were picking up more and more loose balls as the 2nd half went on, Wanyama and Morgan growing more and more into the game as we went and we really, really should have had more than the 1 we got - which was an excellent bit of attacking intent by Clyne, provided by a wonderful assist from Tadic.

Davis should have put his laces through the chance he had, he seemed to want to pass it into the back of the net, and Shane...I don't really want to call it a sitter, because if you look back at it he's jumping at something...he can't really see the ball as there are 2 Liverpool defenders in front, so he's hoping he can get a touch and see where it goes. It wasn't a sitter in my eyes and we were damn unlucky not to get anything from that.

Overall, it was the first game and there's still a long hard season to go - but as I've always said, I don't believe we'll be struggling. We're not going to be as good as we were last year, but we're a solid enough outfit who will cause teams problems over the course of the season. I like what Koeman is building and I like the tactical way he approached the game in both halves. After a summer of real uncertainty, I think we can move forward with a bit of excitement about what may be ahead.

Even though it was a defeat, it was a performance which should raise the momentum once more. In the 2nd half we played a tactical game to limit the space in midfield, and it did work as their midfielders struggled to get onto the ball. The issue was that the attacking area didn't really function, it was all a little static and Pelle was very isolated up front on his own with very little support in and around him. Liverpool weren't playing very well and we were limiting them.

In the 2nd half, we played with a purpose. We seemed to have a lot more fluidity in the attacking third and JWP came into his own in the space behind the striker, which is somewhere I don't think many of us have ever seen him play! Tadic wasn't as static on the left, and as we saw with the goal, he floated all over the front line and pulled their back line all over the show. We were picking up more and more loose balls as the 2nd half went on, Wanyama and Morgan growing more and more into the game as we went and we really, really should have had more than the 1 we got - which was an excellent bit of attacking intent by Clyne, provided by a wonderful assist from Tadic.

Davis should have put his laces through the chance he had, he seemed to want to pass it into the back of the net, and Shane...I don't really want to call it a sitter, because if you look back at it he's jumping at something...he can't really see the ball as there are 2 Liverpool defenders in front, so he's hoping he can get a touch and see where it goes. It wasn't a sitter in my eyes and we were damn unlucky not to get anything from that.

Overall, it was the first game and there's still a long hard season to go - but as I've always said, I don't believe we'll be struggling. We're not going to be as good as we were last year, but we're a solid enough outfit who will cause teams problems over the course of the season. I like what Koeman is building and I like the tactical way he approached the game in both halves. After a summer of real uncertainty, I think we can move forward with a bit of excitement about what may be ahead.

Of the new signings, I thought Tadic looks very good. Pelle didn't have the best game, looks like a slow SRL, might need time to adjust. Long missed the sitter and didn't do much else - tbf he wasn't on for very...err...long. Overall, fairly positive about the way Saints played. Thought Wanyama had a great game, passing and keeping the ball seems to have improved - great through ball just before Clyne's goal.

As usual the turnips with the microphones were talking some amount of sheite. From that game, apparently Liverpool are closer to winning the league this year than they were last year because it's three points they didn't get last season whereas Saints "might not" be looking over their shoulder [at relegation]. There's me thinking it was quite close.

Of the new signings, I thought Tadic looks very good. Pelle didn't have the best game, looks like a slow SRL, might need time to adjust. Long missed the sitter and didn't do much else - tbf he wasn't on for very...err...long. Overall, fairly positive about the way Saints played. Thought Wanyama had a great game, passing and keeping the ball seems to have improved - great through ball just before Clyne's goal.

As usual the turnips with the microphones were talking some amount of sheite. From that game, apparently Liverpool are closer to winning the league this year than they were last year because it's three points they didn't get last season whereas Saints "might not" be looking over their shoulder [at relegation]. There's me thinking it was quite close.

So unlucky not to get something from the game. Great second half - Wanyama terrific, Tadic, Bertrand very good. JWP had a much better second half; Clyne looked a threat despite a defensive lapse. Thought our two CBs did a fair enough job; Yoshida not the weak link some are portraying. A shame to come away empty handed but lots to be hopeful about. PS Isgrove's little cameo was impressive.

So unlucky not to get something from the game. Great second half - Wanyama terrific, Tadic, Bertrand very good. JWP had a much better second half; Clyne looked a threat despite a defensive lapse. Thought our two CBs did a fair enough job; Yoshida not the weak link some are portraying. A shame to come away empty handed but lots to be hopeful about. PS Isgrove's little cameo was impressive.