• Wanyama
    • Schneiderlin
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Pelle
    • Isgrove
    • Long

Cant believe that people seems so surprised that Wanyama was our best player, will be our key player this year and when Morgan loses his rustiness (spelling?) we have a superb pairing there.

Would have liked to see Taider on for JWP last 10-15 minutes cause I thought he looked tired and we needed to chase it a bit better but we come away proud and encouraged from this game.

Cant believe that people seems so surprised that Wanyama was our best player, will be our key player this year and when Morgan loses his rustiness (spelling?) we have a superb pairing there.

Would have liked to see Taider on for JWP last 10-15 minutes cause I thought he looked tired and we needed to chase it a bit better but we come away proud and encouraged from this game.

Davis was poor. Missed a glorious chance and if he hadn't been waving his arms at the other players, nobody except Sterling around him, managed to lose him and give him a free header to Sturridge for the second goal. Yoshida poor in possession, Schneiderlin not fit yet, Pelle worked on his own especially in the first half, time will tell. The team as a whole looked good and Liverpool were saved by their goalkeeper whilst Forster hardly had a save to make. Boruc and Ramirez??

Davis was poor. Missed a glorious chance and if he hadn't been waving his arms at the other players, nobody except Sterling around him, managed to lose him and give him a free header to Sturridge for the second goal. Yoshida poor in possession, Schneiderlin not fit yet, Pelle worked on his own especially in the first half, time will tell. The team as a whole looked good and Liverpool were saved by their goalkeeper whilst Forster hardly had a save to make. Boruc and Ramirez??

so so unlucky that they won it with their only chance in the second half. one player that stood out immediately was definitely tadic, looks class! loved how he mugged lovren for the assist. clyne was excellent going forward but I'm really worried about him defensively, constantly loses his man and was similar last season. hope today's performance shuts some of the bed wetters up, little to no chance of relegation if we play like this every week

so so unlucky that they won it with their only chance in the second half. one player that stood out immediately was definitely tadic, looks class! loved how he mugged lovren for the assist. clyne was excellent going forward but I'm really worried about him defensively, constantly loses his man and was similar last season. hope today's performance shuts some of the bed wetters up, little to no chance of relegation if we play like this every week

Proud of the performance.

We need another reliable CB and I am not convinced by our Strikers, although Long looks hungry to impress.

I can see why Koeman is fixed on the need for a right winger, Clyne is having to do too much on his own, and was caught out of position a little too much as he pushed up. Super goal though!

Liverpool upped the pace when Lambert came on, just enough to snatch that goal.3 strikers foxed us a little. But we clearly made them work. We are fit.

Koemans tactics seemed good to me, given his current tool box. Still needs reinforcement though.

Would give Big Vic MOTM but for his poor header that ultimately lost us the game. So, going for Tadic.

Proud of the performance.

We need another reliable CB and I am not convinced by our Strikers, although Long looks hungry to impress.

I can see why Koeman is fixed on the need for a right winger, Clyne is having to do too much on his own, and was caught out of position a little too much as he pushed up. Super goal though!

Liverpool upped the pace when Lambert came on, just enough to snatch that goal.3 strikers foxed us a little. But we clearly made them work. We are fit.

Koemans tactics seemed good to me, given his current tool box. Still needs reinforcement though.

Would give Big Vic MOTM but for his poor header that ultimately lost us the game. So, going for Tadic.

I'm actually disappointed that we didn't win that game - against last years runners up! We deserved at least a draw. With a bit of luck and some composure we'd have won that. Cracking second half in particular. Give it a week or two, a new addition or two and I can easily see us finishing 8th again. COYR

I'm actually disappointed that we didn't win that game - against last years runners up! We deserved at least a draw. With a bit of luck and some composure we'd have won that. Cracking second half in particular. Give it a week or two, a new addition or two and I can easily see us finishing 8th again. COYR

That should shut up all those doom-sayers predicting 6-0, 4-0, 3-0, etc.

Saints looked really impressive. Wanyama was immense - I didn't see him make one mistake. Tackles were all there, and no wayward passing. Tadic and Bertrand were great together on the left. Ward-Prowse was very effective.

Our momentum going forward was really good. We were really direct - lots of one-touch passing surging forward.

Really, we wuz robbed!

Just on the way back now. I thought we were excellent, better team for large chunks of the game. Wanyama was excellent, bossed the game, best player on the pitch, I thought Clyne and Bertrand were very good.

Pelle really struggled, didn't offer anything, I don't think Tadic did enough either.

Good support from us, but completely unnecessary singing for Lambert as he was about to come on and try and score a winner against us, ridiculous.

That should shut up all those doom-sayers predicting 6-0, 4-0, 3-0, etc.

Saints looked really impressive. Wanyama was immense - I didn't see him make one mistake. Tackles were all there, and no wayward passing. Tadic and Bertrand were great together on the left. Ward-Prowse was very effective.

Our momentum going forward was really good. We were really direct - lots of one-touch passing surging forward.

Really, we wuz robbed!

Just on the way back now. I thought we were excellent, better team for large chunks of the game. Wanyama was excellent, bossed the game, best player on the pitch, I thought Clyne and Bertrand were very good.

Pelle really struggled, didn't offer anything, I don't think Tadic did enough either.

Good support from us, but completely unnecessary singing for Lambert as he was about to come on and try and score a winner against us, ridiculous.

Even though it was a defeat, it was a performance which should raise the momentum once more. In the 2nd half we played a tactical game to limit the space in midfield, and it did work as their midfielders struggled to get onto the ball. The issue was that the attacking area didn't really function, it was all a little static and Pelle was very isolated up front on his own with very little support in and around him. Liverpool weren't playing very well and we were limiting them.

In the 2nd half, we played with a purpose. We seemed to have a lot more fluidity in the attacking third and JWP came into his own in the space behind the striker, which is somewhere I don't think many of us have ever seen him play! Tadic wasn't as static on the left, and as we saw with the goal, he floated all over the front line and pulled their back line all over the show. We were picking up more and more loose balls as the 2nd half went on, Wanyama and Morgan growing more and more into the game as we went and we really, really should have had more than the 1 we got - which was an excellent bit of attacking intent by Clyne, provided by a wonderful assist from Tadic.

Davis should have put his laces through the chance he had, he seemed to want to pass it into the back of the net, and Shane...I don't really want to call it a sitter, because if you look back at it he's jumping at something...he can't really see the ball as there are 2 Liverpool defenders in front, so he's hoping he can get a touch and see where it goes. It wasn't a sitter in my eyes and we were damn unlucky not to get anything from that.

Overall, it was the first game and there's still a long hard season to go - but as I've always said, I don't believe we'll be struggling. We're not going to be as good as we were last year, but we're a solid enough outfit who will cause teams problems over the course of the season. I like what Koeman is building and I like the tactical way he approached the game in both halves. After a summer of real uncertainty, I think we can move forward with a bit of excitement about what may be ahead.

It is a long hard season and confidence will play a big part for a rebuilt team. We need an early win. Anything else and the confidence in each other and the manager could be tested. This plus losing any more players and things can change very quickly. WBA comes at a good time and should give us that boost in confidence.

Even though it was a defeat, it was a performance which should raise the momentum once more. In the 2nd half we played a tactical game to limit the space in midfield, and it did work as their midfielders struggled to get onto the ball. The issue was that the attacking area didn't really function, it was all a little static and Pelle was very isolated up front on his own with very little support in and around him. Liverpool weren't playing very well and we were limiting them.

In the 2nd half, we played with a purpose. We seemed to have a lot more fluidity in the attacking third and JWP came into his own in the space behind the striker, which is somewhere I don't think many of us have ever seen him play! Tadic wasn't as static on the left, and as we saw with the goal, he floated all over the front line and pulled their back line all over the show. We were picking up more and more loose balls as the 2nd half went on, Wanyama and Morgan growing more and more into the game as we went and we really, really should have had more than the 1 we got - which was an excellent bit of attacking intent by Clyne, provided by a wonderful assist from Tadic.

Davis should have put his laces through the chance he had, he seemed to want to pass it into the back of the net, and Shane...I don't really want to call it a sitter, because if you look back at it he's jumping at something...he can't really see the ball as there are 2 Liverpool defenders in front, so he's hoping he can get a touch and see where it goes. It wasn't a sitter in my eyes and we were damn unlucky not to get anything from that.

Overall, it was the first game and there's still a long hard season to go - but as I've always said, I don't believe we'll be struggling. We're not going to be as good as we were last year, but we're a solid enough outfit who will cause teams problems over the course of the season. I like what Koeman is building and I like the tactical way he approached the game in both halves. After a summer of real uncertainty, I think we can move forward with a bit of excitement about what may be ahead.

It is a long hard season and confidence will play a big part for a rebuilt team. We need an early win. Anything else and the confidence in each other and the manager could be tested. This plus losing any more players and things can change very quickly. WBA comes at a good time and should give us that boost in confidence.

Thought wanyama was superb. S Davis lost us game with miss and second goal he was second to the ball. Tadic looked quality, why'd he go off? Thought pelle wasn't great first half but won everything second half. Poor defending didn't deserve to lose tho.

Thought wanyama was superb. S Davis lost us game with miss and second goal he was second to the ball. Tadic looked quality, why'd he go off? Thought pelle wasn't great first half but won everything second half. Poor defending didn't deserve to lose tho.

An encouraging performance, deserved something but it wasn't to be. I think if RK wants to play 4-3-3, the first half will have underlined to him just how important bringing in a winger before the end of the window is.

Yes - and a reliable CB. Yoshida got better as the game went on, but is too unreliable to absorb the early pressure. Still advocate the need for a strong leader there too. Fonte did well but even if he's wearing the armband he needs to concentrate on his game not leading the back four. Vlaar or someone similar is needed. Gardos may do it, but we still need x3 reliable CBs to compete for places and interchange.

An encouraging performance, deserved something but it wasn't to be. I think if RK wants to play 4-3-3, the first half will have underlined to him just how important bringing in a winger before the end of the window is.

Yes - and a reliable CB. Yoshida got better as the game went on, but is too unreliable to absorb the early pressure. Still advocate the need for a strong leader there too. Fonte did well but even if he's wearing the armband he needs to concentrate on his game not leading the back four. Vlaar or someone similar is needed. Gardos may do it, but we still need x3 reliable CBs to compete for places and interchange.

Liverpool lived dangerously but upped the gear when they needed to.

Good effort but given the team we have at the moment it's hard to see how we can up a gear ourselves.

Yoshida got better as he went on. Pelle is not good enough, yet. Long is not worth £12m.

We need another striker (I know Jay Rod is still ours and to come back but....)

We need another CB.

We need another right sided attacking wing.

We played ok. Deserved a draw for effort, but Liverpool had too many options and gears. Commendable away performance, but we are not a complete team yet.

All about opinions but really I must have been watching a different match. I thought Liverpool were po and we were unlucky not to get at least a draw.

Liverpool lived dangerously but upped the gear when they needed to.

Good effort but given the team we have at the moment it's hard to see how we can up a gear ourselves.

Yoshida got better as he went on. Pelle is not good enough, yet. Long is not worth £12m.

We need another striker (I know Jay Rod is still ours and to come back but....)

We need another CB.

We need another right sided attacking wing.

We played ok. Deserved a draw for effort, but Liverpool had too many options and gears. Commendable away performance, but we are not a complete team yet.

All about opinions but really I must have been watching a different match. I thought Liverpool were po and we were unlucky not to get at least a draw.