• Wanyama
    • Schneiderlin
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Pelle
    • Isgrove
    • Long

Didn't see the game. how was schneiderlin, and what was the fans reaction?

His lack of match fitness showed a little but he still performed - didn't assert himself but kept things moving and played a few lovely passes. Fans sang his name more than I've ever heard at a game.

Didn't see the game. how was schneiderlin, and what was the fans reaction?

His lack of match fitness showed a little but he still performed - didn't assert himself but kept things moving and played a few lovely passes. Fans sang his name more than I've ever heard at a game.

I know its early stages but it looked like we had a bit of depth on the bench to change a game,Isgrove & Long didn't look that shabby and gave us options of pace and that is something we have not really had for a few seasons.

The future is bright and once this team gels and Koeman gets us flying we will be top half of the table easy.couple of decent signings next week and we will be looking great

I know its early stages but it looked like we had a bit of depth on the bench to change a game,Isgrove & Long didn't look that shabby and gave us options of pace and that is something we have not really had for a few seasons.

The future is bright and once this team gels and Koeman gets us flying we will be top half of the table easy.couple of decent signings next week and we will be looking great

Lol.

Assuming Gerrard got 7 or 8 for another Pirlo-esque performance?

Mignolet - 7

Manquillo - 6

Skrtel - 5

Lovren - 5

Johnson - 5

Lucas - 6

Gerrard - 6

Henderson - 6

Coutinho - 5

Sterling - 8

Sturridge - 6

Forster - 6

Clyne - 8

Fonte - 6

Yoshida - 6

Bertrand - 5

Davis - 5

Schnedierlin - 6

Wanyama - 5

Ward-Prowse - 7

Tadic - 7

Pelle - 4

Lol.

Assuming Gerrard got 7 or 8 for another Pirlo-esque performance?

Mignolet - 7

Manquillo - 6

Skrtel - 5

Lovren - 5

Johnson - 5

Lucas - 6

Gerrard - 6

Henderson - 6

Coutinho - 5

Sterling - 8

Sturridge - 6

Forster - 6

Clyne - 8

Fonte - 6

Yoshida - 6

Bertrand - 5

Davis - 5

Schnedierlin - 6

Wanyama - 5

Ward-Prowse - 7

Tadic - 7

Pelle - 4

Jesus, such negativity. I was expecting us to be trounced but I was really pleasantly surprised.

Once this lot have played a few games together we will be a handful for anyone. I am not suggesting we will be better than last season but I don't think we will be that far behind.

All those slating Pelle for gods sake give him a chance. Start of the season, not 100% fit, new manager new idea's, new lineup, 2-1 Liverpool no shame!

Jesus, such negativity. I was expecting us to be trounced but I was really pleasantly surprised.

Once this lot have played a few games together we will be a handful for anyone. I am not suggesting we will be better than last season but I don't think we will be that far behind.

All those slating Pelle for gods sake give him a chance. Start of the season, not 100% fit, new manager new idea's, new lineup, 2-1 Liverpool no shame!

Mignolet - 7

Manquillo - 6

Skrtel - 5

Lovren - 5

Johnson - 5

Lucas - 6

Gerrard - 6

Henderson - 6

Coutinho - 5

Sterling - 8

Sturridge - 6

Forster - 6

Clyne - 8

Fonte - 6

Yoshida - 6

Bertrand - 5

Davis - 5

Schnedierlin - 6

Wanyama - 5

Ward-Prowse - 7

Tadic - 7

Pelle - 4

Looks like a random number generator was used for those stats.Lol, they gave clyne an 8 for scoring despite being at fault for the goals and Bertrand/Wanyama 5's.

Mignolet - 7

Manquillo - 6

Skrtel - 5

Lovren - 5

Johnson - 5

Lucas - 6

Gerrard - 6

Henderson - 6

Coutinho - 5

Sterling - 8

Sturridge - 6

Forster - 6

Clyne - 8

Fonte - 6

Yoshida - 6

Bertrand - 5

Davis - 5

Schnedierlin - 6

Wanyama - 5

Ward-Prowse - 7

Tadic - 7

Pelle - 4

Looks like a random number generator was used for those stats.Lol, they gave clyne an 8 for scoring despite being at fault for the goals and Bertrand/Wanyama 5's.

Ok so before the game i wanted a performance and not to get hammered so i have to put disappointment in context. It was a decent display where we threw away chance to get at least an away point.

After watching game, it seems clear we won't be challenging top 10 without top signings but we hopefully won't be relegated. So not great but not tragedy. Talk about aiming for europe seems farfetched given the issues at the back and the lack of cutting edge up front.

I'm really impressed with your psychic powers that enable you to predict with such certainty that we won't be capable of a top 10 position, based on one match where we ran last season's second placed team very close indeed away at Anfield. What result would have convinced you that we would be capable of a top ten place? Would we have to have drawn the match, or beaten them?

You have of course taken into account that Rodriguez is still to return and that Gardos is yet to play for us. But do enlighten us as to the calibre of player that we will yet have to sign to enable us to stumble across the line into the top ten. And you haven't categorised how many players we will need either. We need to know. Do share your further thoughts on what in your opinion will get us to the promised land of a top ten finish. Should we change the manager too, or do you think that Koeman might just about do?

Ok so before the game i wanted a performance and not to get hammered so i have to put disappointment in context. It was a decent display where we threw away chance to get at least an away point.

After watching game, it seems clear we won't be challenging top 10 without top signings but we hopefully won't be relegated. So not great but not tragedy. Talk about aiming for europe seems farfetched given the issues at the back and the lack of cutting edge up front.

I'm really impressed with your psychic powers that enable you to predict with such certainty that we won't be capable of a top 10 position, based on one match where we ran last season's second placed team very close indeed away at Anfield. What result would have convinced you that we would be capable of a top ten place? Would we have to have drawn the match, or beaten them?

You have of course taken into account that Rodriguez is still to return and that Gardos is yet to play for us. But do enlighten us as to the calibre of player that we will yet have to sign to enable us to stumble across the line into the top ten. And you haven't categorised how many players we will need either. We need to know. Do share your further thoughts on what in your opinion will get us to the promised land of a top ten finish. Should we change the manager too, or do you think that Koeman might just about do?

Liverpool were poor on the day and we lost to them. We were much poorer than last seasons saints team(both defensively) and in an attacking sense imo.

I'm entitled to my opinion that what was on show there wasn't a top 10 team imo but equally as i said not a relegation team either.

Gardos may propel that defence back to last year's level(haven't seen him play so can't give an opinion on that)

I'm not expecting jrod back for months and certainly months after till he might get back to last season's level.

Liverpool were poor on the day and we lost to them. We were much poorer than last seasons saints team(both defensively) and in an attacking sense imo.

I'm entitled to my opinion that what was on show there wasn't a top 10 team imo but equally as i said not a relegation team either.

Gardos may propel that defence back to last year's level(haven't seen him play so can't give an opinion on that)

I'm not expecting jrod back for months and certainly months after till he might get back to last season's level.

You are indeed entitled to your opinion. What puzzles me is why somebody who consistently demonstrates a complete lack of any practical knowledge of football would want to display it publicly.

You are indeed entitled to your opinion. What puzzles me is why somebody who consistently demonstrates a complete lack of any practical knowledge of football would want to display it publicly.

Positive after a pretty stabile performance today.

We didn't have much of last seasons fluid , high possesion style of play. But we were away to Pool. Thought we used a lot more long balls in our play. Maybe the team is still learning to play with each other?

LFC will not be contenders for the title. Forth spot at best.

Positive after a pretty stabile performance today.

We didn't have much of last seasons fluid , high possesion style of play. But we were away to Pool. Thought we used a lot more long balls in our play. Maybe the team is still learning to play with each other?

LFC will not be contenders for the title. Forth spot at best.

Says the poster who consistently recommended playing players out of position including wanyama at cb! Rich coming from you :lol:

Says the poster who consistently recommended playing players out of position including wanyama at cb! Rich coming from you :lol:

Says the knob who has an opinion on everything. Empty vessels etc comes to mind. Don't bother with another vacuous post I'm not interested.

Says the knob who has an opinion on everything. Empty vessels etc comes to mind. Don't bother with another vacuous post I'm not interested.

Were Liverpool actually poor, or did we make them look poor? Yes, certainly you're entitled to your opinion, but please accept that it is a rather fanciful one to hold based on such flimsy evidence. You haven't seen Gardos play, but neither have you seen any of these top players you recommend play for us either. Neither have you told us which ones you think we should sign, how many of them there should be, whether they will agree to play for us, etc. If you accept that Gardos might propel our defence back to last year's level, then why shouldn't we achieve a top ten finish?

I'm expecting JRod back by October or so. Apparently he's making good progress. Whether he's the same as he was before his injury remains to be seen, but I do note that you're one of the most pessimistic posters on here, so your default position is that he probably won't be.

Were Liverpool actually poor, or did we make them look poor? Yes, certainly you're entitled to your opinion, but please accept that it is a rather fanciful one to hold based on such flimsy evidence. You haven't seen Gardos play, but neither have you seen any of these top players you recommend play for us either. Neither have you told us which ones you think we should sign, how many of them there should be, whether they will agree to play for us, etc. If you accept that Gardos might propel our defence back to last year's level, then why shouldn't we achieve a top ten finish?

I'm expecting JRod back by October or so. Apparently he's making good progress. Whether he's the same as he was before his injury remains to be seen, but I do note that you're one of the most pessimistic posters on here, so your default position is that he probably won't be.

I thought Liverpool were much poorer than last season, partially hardly surprising as they were missing Suarez. We had a spell where we played well but for the wider game don't believe it was a case of us making them look poor.

I thought at centre back we were weak, badly missing Lovren. Maybe Gardos will solve it, or maybe we'll go after the likes of Vlaar.

In the attacking third we were much worse than last season. Hardly surprising again(lost Jrod, Lambert, Osvaldo and Lallana). So yeah i think cutting edge in the that area needs addressing badly.

Even if Jrod's back by Oct, which i'm dubious about i would expect quite a long period before he's fully up to speed.

I thought Liverpool were much poorer than last season, partially hardly surprising as they were missing Suarez. We had a spell where we played well but for the wider game don't believe it was a case of us making them look poor.

I thought at centre back we were weak, badly missing Lovren. Maybe Gardos will solve it, or maybe we'll go after the likes of Vlaar.

In the attacking third we were much worse than last season. Hardly surprising again(lost Jrod, Lambert, Osvaldo and Lallana). So yeah i think cutting edge in the that area needs addressing badly.

Even if Jrod's back by Oct, which i'm dubious about i would expect quite a long period before he's fully up to speed.

Wrong. Just plain wrong. On another day we'd have scored three, a combination of poor finishing and bad luck did for us today. We created plenty of chances which, on another day, we would have taken. You seem to think that we should somehow be better than the team that finished second last year, have spent £100m since then and were playing at home. With that in mind, we had no chance, but in the end we did. We played exceptionally well. If we play like that every week we'll easily finish in the top ten.

Wrong. Just plain wrong. On another day we'd have scored three, a combination of poor finishing and bad luck did for us today. We created plenty of chances which, on another day, we would have taken. You seem to think that we should somehow be better than the team that finished second last year, have spent £100m since then and were playing at home. With that in mind, we had no chance, but in the end we did. We played exceptionally well. If we play like that every week we'll easily finish in the top ten.