• Wanyama
    • Schneiderlin
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Pelle
    • Isgrove
    • Long

Just watched the extended highlights and on that basis have voted for Clyne as our MoM, not just for the goal but for overall performance. Wanyama was good but his mis-hit shot took him below Clyne IMHO. Worried about Davis, who was one of our best players on many occasions last season, but in this game his performance seemed to be peppered with errors just when it mattered, although the foul on him by Sturridge, in the area, that Dave Merrington points out in his commentary, should have resulted in a penalty.

I love clyne , but he was at fault for Liverpools 2nd as clearly mentioned on the highlights.

Just watched the extended highlights and on that basis have voted for Clyne as our MoM, not just for the goal but for overall performance. Wanyama was good but his mis-hit shot took him below Clyne IMHO. Worried about Davis, who was one of our best players on many occasions last season, but in this game his performance seemed to be peppered with errors just when it mattered, although the foul on him by Sturridge, in the area, that Dave Merrington points out in his commentary, should have resulted in a penalty.

I love clyne , but he was at fault for Liverpools 2nd as clearly mentioned on the highlights.

i only watched the match live on tv , but it seemed that Anfield was really quiet during virtualy the whole match, apart from the last 10 mins. You could here our fans more.

to you lot that were there, what was the atmosphere like? I've heard from others that the place has lost all of its past reputation.

good place to go out on the town before hand?

anyone spot Adam around the ground? or was he in disguise maybe?

i only watched the match live on tv , but it seemed that Anfield was really quiet during virtualy the whole match, apart from the last 10 mins. You could here our fans more.

to you lot that were there, what was the atmosphere like? I've heard from others that the place has lost all of its past reputation.

The atmosphere has been like that at Anfield for 20+ years apart from the biggest of games.

Liverpool as a city is great for a p**s up.

The atmosphere has been like that at Anfield for 20+ years apart from the biggest of games.

Liverpool as a city is great for a p**s up.

I think the fault was more letting a midget have a free header in our own penalty area. It looked like Davis was closest but the marking was poor in the build up. Clyne could have done better but Sturridge is an excellent striker and just made that crucial yard of space in the right area.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the performance. I wouldn't expect anything from Anfield so I'd rather lose this narrowly with our new team, rather than wasting a winnable game because we have so many new players. If that makes sense.

West Brom will be interesting and it reminds me very much of 2 years ago when we put in a great performance at The Etihad, then lost at home to Wigan. A few people started to panic but everything worked out alright eventually.***

I think the fault was more letting a midget have a free header in our own penalty area. It looked like Davis was closest but the marking was poor in the build up. Clyne could have done better but Sturridge is an excellent striker and just made that crucial yard of space in the right area.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the performance. I wouldn't expect anything from Anfield so I'd rather lose this narrowly with our new team, rather than wasting a winnable game because we have so many new players. If that makes sense.

West Brom will be interesting and it reminds me very much of 2 years ago when we put in a great performance at The Etihad, then lost at home to Wigan. A few people started to panic but everything worked out alright eventually.***

anfield,a ground full of tourists,hth

anfield,a ground full of tourists,hth

Just possibly, Mr Muse, the critics you decry may well be responsible for the fact that Schneiderlin is still on the books and was in the side against Liverpool. The reality is that the concerns of the critics have largely been met over the last two weeks or so with the signings of Forster, Gardos and Long but the credit for the positive performance must go to Koeman, particularly for his team selection which provided continuity with 7 of last season's players in the starting line-up, 6 of them being regular first choice selections. He may well change the team more over the next few games, Davis for example, might lose his place, but the gradualist approach to change looks very intelligent. The damage is being repaired but with thanks to the Head Coach, not the Board, who created the exodus situation. If we had still had Lovren in the side, that may have made all the difference. Lambert, being on our bench instead of Liverpool's would have helped as well. Shame about the result, but Koeman takes huge credit for a game that could have as easily gone our way as their's.

Nail on the head...

Just possibly, Mr Muse, the critics you decry may well be responsible for the fact that Schneiderlin is still on the books and was in the side against Liverpool. The reality is that the concerns of the critics have largely been met over the last two weeks or so with the signings of Forster, Gardos and Long but the credit for the positive performance must go to Koeman, particularly for his team selection which provided continuity with 7 of last season's players in the starting line-up, 6 of them being regular first choice selections. He may well change the team more over the next few games, Davis for example, might lose his place, but the gradualist approach to change looks very intelligent. The damage is being repaired but with thanks to the Head Coach, not the Board, who created the exodus situation. If we had still had Lovren in the side, that may have made all the difference. Lambert, being on our bench instead of Liverpool's would have helped as well. Shame about the result, but Koeman takes huge credit for a game that could have as easily gone our way as their's.

Nail on the head...

to those having a pop at long,ffs,if he had scored,clattenburg would have disallowed it for the obvious push on jonhson.

it certainly wasn't a sitter.

saints were good yesterday,before the game didn't think we'd be as good as that.

rk has done a good job to get this team to perform like that,only can look to get better over the coming weeks,

should be a good season.

coys

to those having a pop at long,ffs,if he had scored,clattenburg would have disallowed it for the obvious push on jonhson.

saints were good yesterday,before the game didn't think we'd be as good as that.

rk has done a good job to get this team to perform like that,only can look to get better over the coming weeks,

should be a good season.

coys

No it won't be a bad miss. Go and watch another game if you want perfection. If he'd scored that he'd be worth £120m.

So fatman Glen Johnson barging in his face between him and the goal makes it an 'open net? Watch MOTD2 and count the defenders on the line, plus the goalkeeper.

Come on guys. I'm confident he's gonna be a good signing for us, but he SHOULD have done better. Maybe they would of cleared it off the line, but we'll never know now because he didn't even get it on target. If it had been cleared off the line we could have said ah well, did everything he could. As it is, it was a poor attempt.

No it won't be a bad miss. Go and watch another game if you want perfection. If he'd scored that he'd be worth £120m.

So fatman Glen Johnson barging in his face between him and the goal makes it an 'open net? Watch MOTD2 and count the defenders on the line, plus the goalkeeper.

Come on guys. I'm confident he's gonna be a good signing for us, but he SHOULD have done better. Maybe they would of cleared it off the line, but we'll never know now because he didn't even get it on target. If it had been cleared off the line we could have said ah well, did everything he could. As it is, it was a poor attempt.

What does that matter? He wasn't thinking 'he's gonna disallow this so i might as well head it wide'. He still missed.

I'm not slating, writing him off, ranting or demanding 30 goals a season. Just saying that not hitting the target from a header a few yards out whilst facing the goal with the ball dropping right on your head is a bad miss.

What does that matter? He wasn't thinking 'he's gonna disallow this so i might as well head it wide'. He still missed.

I'm not slating, writing him off, ranting or demanding 30 goals a season. Just saying that not hitting the target from a header a few yards out whilst facing the goal with the ball dropping right on your head is a bad miss.

Watched a recording of the game after accidently finding out the score in advance (I hate that); lots of positives to take away from a game we should have at least drawn.

Tadić, Bertrand, JWP and Wanyama were all excellent. Tadić is a real find and combined extremely well with Bertrand on the left. Yoshida always makes me nervous, but he was OK. I thought Davis had an off game (should have buried his chance) and Clyne was mixed, at fault for the first goal, but an excellent finish. I thought Long and Isgrove were OK when they came on and I'm glad to see them involved. Pellè was anonymous in the first half but more involved the second and showed flashes of talent, a couple of good knock downs and passes. He certainly needs to come to terms with the Premier League quickly; I’m willing to give him a few games.

Koeman deserves a lot of credit for having the team so well prepared given the turmoil of the summer.

Watched a recording of the game after accidently finding out the score in advance (I hate that); lots of positives to take away from a game we should have at least drawn.

Tadić, Bertrand, JWP and Wanyama were all excellent. Tadić is a real find and combined extremely well with Bertrand on the left. Yoshida always makes me nervous, but he was OK. I thought Davis had an off game (should have buried his chance) and Clyne was mixed, at fault for the first goal, but an excellent finish. I thought Long and Isgrove were OK when they came on and I'm glad to see them involved. Pellè was anonymous in the first half but more involved the second and showed flashes of talent, a couple of good knock downs and passes. He certainly needs to come to terms with the Premier League quickly; I’m willing to give him a few games.

Koeman deserves a lot of credit for having the team so well prepared given the turmoil of the summer.

Something I just noticed, it's not a great point but I'll say it anyway, is despite the media claiming our team has been decimated, we only started 4 debutants yesterday, and arguably it could've been 3 had Boruc started. Koeman keeping the status quo from last season...?

Something I just noticed, it's not a great point but I'll say it anyway, is despite the media claiming our team has been decimated, we only started 4 debutants yesterday, and arguably it could've been 3 had Boruc started. Koeman keeping the status quo from last season...?

And agree with this too.

He needs to play like a lion, not a lamb.

I'm more than happy to give the guy a chance. That was his first taste of Premier League football, he'll need a few games under his belt to get the pace of it over here.

Anfield is pretty much a baptism of fire (albeit not a very noisy one!) for your first experience.

And agree with this too.

He needs to play like a lion, not a lamb.

I'm more than happy to give the guy a chance. That was his first taste of Premier League football, he'll need a few games under his belt to get the pace of it over here.

Anfield is pretty much a baptism of fire (albeit not a very noisy one!) for your first experience.

Pelle didn't seem dispirited working on scraps. He kept going and I thought grew into the game as it progressed. He got frustrated at both the quality of the ball into the box as well as the delay in crossing so that will need to be sorted. He very much plays within the width of the 18 yard box. He acknowledged pre-season that he knows he will be up against stronger defenders and he needs to rise to the occasion. Loved his run off the back of Lovren in the first half when had JWP noticed it instead of playing it in the channel he would have been clear on goal. I think he will be effective for us.

Pelle didn't seem dispirited working on scraps. He kept going and I thought grew into the game as it progressed. He got frustrated at both the quality of the ball into the box as well as the delay in crossing so that will need to be sorted. He very much plays within the width of the 18 yard box. He acknowledged pre-season that he knows he will be up against stronger defenders and he needs to rise to the occasion. Loved his run off the back of Lovren in the first half when had JWP noticed it instead of playing it in the channel he would have been clear on goal. I think he will be effective for us.

Davis literally had no time to prepare a shot, and he's the smallest player in our squad (a big limitation when you're challenging for a header!), yet people are blaming him for our defeat.

This forum deserves relegation.

No time to prepare a shot? That's the most time you'll ever have in a Premier League game to set yourself to shoot.

And I'm saying that as a Davis fan... if Long comes into the team to give us more pace up front, it would be a very hard to choose between Davis or JWP to drop, for me.

Davis literally had no time to prepare a shot, and he's the smallest player in our squad (a big limitation when you're challenging for a header!), yet people are blaming him for our defeat.

This forum deserves relegation.

No time to prepare a shot? That's the most time you'll ever have in a Premier League game to set yourself to shoot.

And I'm saying that as a Davis fan... if Long comes into the team to give us more pace up front, it would be a very hard to choose between Davis or JWP to drop, for me.

Having seen the match replay I noticed that Morgan had an almost identical near miss in the first half to the one where the ball crashed against the bar close to the end of the game. It was also from an identical position and wonder whether his time with the French World Cup side will now see him making more attempts on goal. Shame we've not gone for any of the French World Cup players.

Pelle is being unfairly treated and if one follows him more closely he puts in some good moves and passes very well and accurately. Find many of the opinions on here way off the mark. At least we had Gemmel making an excellent report with opinions I can agree with.

Watching little Lloyd pacing after Sterling, tackling him, getting back up and going after him to finally win the ball back had me remembering back to Cliff Huxford, who was hard as nails and never held back on bringing down his man and winning back the ball.

Slept better than I have for a long time, comforted by the assurance we are going to have another incredible season supporting our team. Early days, but if Ron can have them playing so well in such a short time, what is he going to achieve in future.

Having seen the match replay I noticed that Morgan had an almost identical near miss in the first half to the one where the ball crashed against the bar close to the end of the game. It was also from an identical position and wonder whether his time with the French World Cup side will now see him making more attempts on goal. Shame we've not gone for any of the French World Cup players.

Pelle is being unfairly treated and if one follows him more closely he puts in some good moves and passes very well and accurately. Find many of the opinions on here way off the mark. At least we had Gemmel making an excellent report with opinions I can agree with.

Watching little Lloyd pacing after Sterling, tackling him, getting back up and going after him to finally win the ball back had me remembering back to Cliff Huxford, who was hard as nails and never held back on bringing down his man and winning back the ball.

Slept better than I have for a long time, comforted by the assurance we are going to have another incredible season supporting our team. Early days, but if Ron can have them playing so well in such a short time, what is he going to achieve in future.

Agreed about that run off the back of Lovren. JWP seemed to notice it, think for a moment, and still pass it down the channel. A little odd.

Agreed about that run off the back of Lovren. JWP seemed to notice it, think for a moment, and still pass it down the channel. A little odd.

Even if JWP had weighted the ball perfectly, don't think Pelle would have had the pace to go through alone.

Even if JWP had weighted the ball perfectly, don't think Pelle would have had the pace to go through alone.