• Wanyama
    • Schneiderlin
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Pelle
    • Isgrove
    • Long

Lovren invariably got stick, though didn't understand the Lambert love-in. Did seem genuinely touched when he first ran the line; but the chants went on and on, even as we were attacking. Should have left it for the final whistle. At least, Morgan's reception was a bit more mature.

I'm intrigued, did Lovren acknowledge Saints fans at all?

He looked like he had a bloody good game for them (apart from the Tadic back heel, haha).

Lovren invariably got stick, though didn't understand the Lambert love-in. Did seem genuinely touched when he first ran the line; but the chants went on and on, even as we were attacking. Should have left it for the final whistle. At least, Morgan's reception was a bit more mature.

He looked like he had a bloody good game for them (apart from the Tadic back heel, haha).

Got a good reception, even if our lot insisted on that cringeworthy poetry in motion chant. Tadic got the best reception, followed by Wanyama, then Morgan and Fonte.

Cheers. You're summary was pretty much how I saw it on the telly, work to be done but all in all pretty positive.

Got a good reception, even if our lot insisted on that cringeworthy poetry in motion chant. Tadic got the best reception, followed by Wanyama, then Morgan and Fonte.

Cheers. You're summary was pretty much how I saw it on the telly, work to be done but all in all pretty positive.

No, not least at the start of the match. Didn't wait around to see at final whistle. Saying that, didn't acknowledge the Kop either when he came out for the second half.

No, not least at the start of the match. Didn't wait around to see at final whistle. Saying that, didn't acknowledge the Kop either when he came out for the second half.

Thanks - I wasn't sure on TV if he looked focused or scared stiff. I hadn't seen him look that intense when coming out for Saints?!

Thanks - I wasn't sure on TV if he looked focused or scared stiff. I hadn't seen him look that intense when coming out for Saints?!

Oh yes it was. Could have been a freekick for the niggle on Henderson but that wasn´t called.

Ball came straight from Hendersons foot to Mignolet.

Clattenberg's explanation made no sense, did a shanking action with his foot. As if Henderson was attempting a blind pass around the corner with the outside of his foot :rolleyes:

Oh yes it was. Could have been a freekick for the niggle on Henderson but that wasn´t called.

Ball came straight from Hendersons foot to Mignolet.

Clattenberg's explanation made no sense, did a shanking action with his foot. As if Henderson was attempting a blind pass around the corner with the outside of his foot :rolleyes:

Really? Not appalling but shaky and bad header lead to the winner. Thought Pelle was OK. Linked up well at times and held the ball up well. Owned by Lovren in the air though. Thought Fonte, Clyne and Wanyama played really well, Schneiderlin was well off the pace and the others were patchy. Bad miss by Long at the end but Isgrove looked useful at the end.

The bad header leading to the winner was from Wanyama (who was superb otherwise) not Yoshida, who like JWP had a really good 2nd half. One of the things I loved today was watching the growing confidence among our players....there's a point around the hour mark when Tadic breaks out into a smile which seemed to be saying...."this team's not too bad after all, and maybe I can cut it at this level".

Really? Not appalling but shaky and bad header lead to the winner. Thought Pelle was OK. Linked up well at times and held the ball up well. Owned by Lovren in the air though. Thought Fonte, Clyne and Wanyama played really well, Schneiderlin was well off the pace and the others were patchy. Bad miss by Long at the end but Isgrove looked useful at the end.

The bad header leading to the winner was from Wanyama (who was superb otherwise) not Yoshida, who like JWP had a really good 2nd half. One of the things I loved today was watching the growing confidence among our players....there's a point around the hour mark when Tadic breaks out into a smile which seemed to be saying...."this team's not too bad after all, and maybe I can cut it at this level".

He seemed to take it all in his stride and had a good game, didn't acknowledge our support, but it is only a small corner of a fairly big ground. Might be a bit more interesting come the home game against them.

He seemed to take it all in his stride and had a good game, didn't acknowledge our support, but it is only a small corner of a fairly big ground. Might be a bit more interesting come the home game against them.