Free admission to our under 21 match tonight at St Mary's

Wes Tender

Agreed Goatboy....also thought Sam looked very good when he came on and showed good bursts of pace. Also thought Flannigan at right back looked pretty good and Targett looked excellent.

Unfortunately can't see Rowe or Isgrove making the step up.

Can certainly see why the U18s are struggling so badly....half their team are playing for the U21s.

Agreed Goatboy....also thought Sam looked very good when he came on and showed good bursts of pace. Also thought Flannigan at right back looked pretty good and Targett looked excellent.

Unfortunately can't see Rowe or Isgrove making the step up.

Can certainly see why the U18s are struggling so badly....half their team are playing for the U21s.

Yep, Flannigan looked good too and unfortunately I agree about Rowe and Isgrove. Not sure about Sam McQueen yet. Lacks pace but I used to think that about Lallana and he found a yard from somewhere.

Good to see Sam Gallagher back too.

The rules of the U21 League require a number of games each season to be played at the main stadium

Good. Makes sense to have a number of games there as great experience for the players and a chance for fans who don't make it to first team games.

I thought we were very good tonight. Reed pretty much ran the game, both full backs were excellent. Koeman was watching, I'd imagine he'd have been happy with what he saw.

A reasonable crowd in the ground but thought there would be more. We have a great bunch of kids there playing attractive football and it was free entry.

Hopefully the best young lads are playing in the 21s because I think the under 18s have lost 5 of 6 league games this season and there doesnt seem to be anyone of note in that side beyond Slattery.

Is Limbrick the right man to lead that team? I have no idea apart from that to manage the U18 side of possibly the best run Academy in the country, I am sure we would have had plenty of high calibre candidates interested.

Watched 15mins of the U21s game and Targett showed his class. Too good for that level. Definitely a few good prospects in that team.

Anyone know what the talent is like further down?

Hopefully the best young lads are playing in the 21s because I think the under 18s have lost 5 of 6 league games this season and there doesnt seem to be anyone of note in that side beyond Slattery.

Is Limbrick the right man to lead that team? I have no idea apart from that to manage the U18 side of possibly the best run Academy in the country, I am sure we would have had plenty of high calibre candidates interested.

Watched 15mins of the U21s game and Targett showed his class. Too good for that level. Definitely a few good prospects in that team.

Anyone know what the talent is like further down?

The current crop of U18's aren't very good. We had to work hard to furnish them with players from other clubs in the first half of this year. The current crop of U18's are the youngsters who were a part of the recruitment we did starting in around 2005/6 and we all know what state the club was in then (and for the next few years). So I wouldn't expect too much out of this lot and for the foreseeable. Should pick up in half a decade or so though.