Roy Keane

sadoldgit

His chilling assault on Haaland is surely one of the most despicable pre-meditated acts in the history of the game. Ending someone's career after they dared suggest you were faking an injury. Not out of proportion, oh no.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11144315/Roy-Keane-insists-he-has-no-regrets-over-horror-tackle-on-Alf-Inge-Haaland.html

Yet I am yet to meet a Manchester United fan who will criticise him for it.

His chilling assault on Haaland is surely one of the most despicable pre-meditated acts in the history of the game. Ending someone's career after they dared suggest you were faking an injury. Not out of proportion, oh no.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11144315/Roy-Keane-insists-he-has-no-regrets-over-horror-tackle-on-Alf-Inge-Haaland.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11146396/Alf-Inge-Haaland-deletes-tweet-comparing-Roy-Keanes-beard-to-Saddam-Husseins.html

:lol:

Except he didn't end his career, I believe Haalands career was ended due to his other knee. Don't forget Haaland played for Norway 4 days after that tackle.

Still think the bloke is scum, just don't like lazy revisionist history.

Except he didn't end his career, I believe Haalands career was ended due to his other knee. Don't forget Haaland played for Norway 4 days after that tackle.

Still think the bloke is scum, just don't like lazy revisionist history.

Entirely fair comment.

Ha Ha ....... nice to see Egil stirring it up!!

Which reminds me, does the bearded clam mention his part in United's hilarious 6-3 defeat at The Dell?

Getting himself sent off with two bookings in the first 30 mins? 1st one was a trademark Man U one for arguing with the ref, 2nd one a trademark Keane over the top tackle.

Or how he showed a distinct lack of class and respect for SFC and it's fans after Man U effectively sent us down in the last game of the season, goading fans with a thumbs down sign and big grin?

Loved the prawn sarnie rant at the Plastic Man U fans though!!

I know that it isn't a new concept but having just seem some passages of his new book I still find it difficult that someone can put this stuff out there without any hint of shame or remorse. And people still employ this man?

Agree. This man is still "in the game" so should be charged with "bringing the game into disrepute". And made unemployed. Agree with OP's 2 word summary - charmless psychopath.

I know that it isn't a new concept but having just seem some passages of his new book I still find it difficult that someone can put this stuff out there without any hint of shame or remorse. And people still employ this man?
I've not read the full book yet, and he's obviously a bit of a C**t, but the quotes I've seen so far cracked me up.

God knows what the current players and staff he's working with will make of it and how much they can trust him.

Some great quotes, i find him very amusing and honest, even if he is a bit of a c*nt

“It might seem strange but you find out about characters when you look to see who’s in charge of the music. A young lad might want to put on the latest sound; an older player might say: ‘I’m the senior player’ and put himself in charge. But I noticed none of the players [at Sunderland] were in charge of the music and this was a concern for me. A member of staff was in charge. I was looking at him thinking: ‘I hope someone nails him here.’ The last song before the players went on to the pitch was ‘Dancing Queen’ by Abba. What really worried me was that none of the players – not one – said: ‘Get that **** off.’ They were going out to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. You’ve got to hit people at pace. ****in’ ‘Dancing Queen.’ It worried me. I didn’t have as many leaders as I thought.”

Some great quotes, i find him very amusing and honest, even if he is a bit of a c*nt

“It might seem strange but you find out about characters when you look to see who’s in charge of the music. A young lad might want to put on the latest sound; an older player might say: ‘I’m the senior player’ and put himself in charge. But I noticed none of the players [at Sunderland] were in charge of the music and this was a concern for me. A member of staff was in charge. I was looking at him thinking: ‘I hope someone nails him here.’ The last song before the players went on to the pitch was ‘Dancing Queen’ by Abba. What really worried me was that none of the players – not one – said: ‘Get that **** off.’ They were going out to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. You’ve got to hit people at pace. ****in’ ‘Dancing Queen.’ It worried me. I didn’t have as many leaders as I thought.”

:lol:

You can't argue with the point he's making though.

Couldn't disagree more. He is refreshing and is unable to give anything other than an honest answer.

Like that he calls him Ferguson whilst everyone else fawns over him.

Honesty is good. It is what he says and the way that he says it that worries me. The bloke clearly has a screw loose and comes across as a deeply unpleasant character. Good for a laugh though.

Does he mention Justin Edinburgh goading him in the FA Cup Final with 'come on then, come on then, you f*cking Irish c*nt'?

He did nothing. He tried to whack Shearer and missed, leaving Shearer laughing at him as he got his red card.

He was a great player, but is nothing more than a playground bully picking on the little kids.

Does he mention Justin Edinburgh goading him in the FA Cup Final with 'come on then, come on then, you f*cking Irish c*nt'?

He did nothing. He tried to whack Shearer and missed, leaving Shearer laughing at him as he got his red card.

He was a great player, but is nothing more than a playground bully picking on the little kids.

Love that footage of him ranting at Shearer whilst he didn't take a backward step. Remember hearing an interview with Keith Gillespie about the little set two he and Shearer had whilst on a preseason tour when he offered Shearer outside and promptly got ironed out, said it was a big mistake, he was a tough man was shearer, reckon he'd have done Keane.

Love that footage of him ranting at Shearer whilst he didn't take a backward step. Remember hearing an interview with Keith Gillespie about the little set two he and Shearer had whilst on a preseason tour when he offered Shearer outside and promptly got ironed out, said it was a big mistake, he was a tough man was shearer, reckon he'd have done Keane.

Keane doesn't seem to think he is the hardest physically. I listened to the full Football Focus interview with Kilbane and just think man is a superb.

When you compare his interviews with a typical footballer like Wilshere, Lallana etc. I actually want to hear what he says as he doesn't appear to say anything other than what he thinks. And he has such anger.

Keane doesn't seem to think he is the hardest physically. I listened to the full Football Focus interview with Kilbane and just think man is a superb.

When you compare his interviews with a typical footballer like Wilshere, Lallana etc. I actually want to hear what he says as he doesn't appear to say anything other than what he thinks. And he has such anger.

I love the way he looks at Adrian Chiles like he wants to rip him apart when he starts talking bo*locks.