Where is Cortese now?

9-3

It is indeed a FACT Lou. Nick nacks spending and ego were out of control. He was an absolute control freak wanting every decision made by him. The shambles of a kit we had, Nick nacks Decisions, transfers, all his decision, the money wasted on the training ground, all driven by his ego wanting private lifts, ripping down cladding because it wasn't exactly how he imagined it would look. He was also utterly paranoid, appointing spies inside SMS to grass up on if anyone spoke badly of him, promising them promtion and pay rises if they grassed on colleagues, when they did the victim was fired and the grass never received their promised reward. Yo couldn't make it up.

Whilst Markus estate was in probate Nick nack was spend spend spending. Taking out loans, over spending left right and centre, when Kat officially came into power Cortese had racked up the debts and was only giving Kat a top line figure as to the clubs finances. When she demanded, as is her right, greater governance on where her money was going the dwarf threw yet another paddy (summer 2013) saying he'd quit. The writing was on the wall from then on and was only a matter of time before the mess he was getting us in was uncovered and he was allowed to get away with it. Given the option to resign or quit.

Of course it would be wrong to say all he did was bad, for a while he did a great job but the cracks appeared once we got promotion to the or ever league, that was when his ego got out of control thinking he was infallible. Long before he went I warned of all this and told what I knew and was ridiculed and abused for it. It seems now baring a few fanatics even Corteses biggest fans realise he had taken us as far as he could and needed replacing.

You need a new flock for your gospel, Turks. Papsweb isn't yet fully converted...

It is indeed a FACT Lou. Nick nacks spending and ego were out of control. He was an absolute control freak wanting every decision made by him. The shambles of a kit we had, Nick nacks Decisions, transfers, all his decision, the money wasted on the training ground, all driven by his ego wanting private lifts, ripping down cladding because it wasn't exactly how he imagined it would look. He was also utterly paranoid, appointing spies inside SMS to grass up on if anyone spoke badly of him, promising them promtion and pay rises if they grassed on colleagues, when they did the victim was fired and the grass never received their promised reward. Yo couldn't make it up.

Whilst Markus estate was in probate Nick nack was spend spend spending. Taking out loans, over spending left right and centre, when Kat officially came into power Cortese had racked up the debts and was only giving Kat a top line figure as to the clubs finances. When she demanded, as is her right, greater governance on where her money was going the dwarf threw yet another paddy (summer 2013) saying he'd quit. The writing was on the wall from then on and was only a matter of time before the mess he was getting us in was uncovered and he was allowed to get away with it. Given the option to resign or quit.

Of course it would be wrong to say all he did was bad, for a while he did a great job but the cracks appeared once we got promotion to the or ever league, that was when his ego got out of control thinking he was infallible. Long before he went I warned of all this and told what I knew and was ridiculed and abused for it. It seems now baring a few fanatics even Corteses biggest fans realise he had taken us as far as he could and needed replacing.

Interesting insight Turkish.

Long live the Cult of Cortese

We march on

you are so right Turkey Boy and fancy having the audacity to deliver to her a club that her old man had bought for £13m and that was now (then) worth in excess of £100m, imagine if he'd got the cladding right first time round.

you are so right Turkey Boy and fancy having the audacity to deliver to her a club that her old man had bought for £13m and that was now (then) worth in excess of £100m, imagine if he'd got the cladding right first time round.

Turkey boy :lol:

When you've spent £13m on something now worth £100m but still get asked to resign from your job to have to wonder why. Maybe it's the spending £60m on wages and fees for marque signings who didn't work out. Or the getting a training ground worth £20m for the bargain price of £40m. Perhaps it was despite two promotions overseeing a decline in commercial income to the point where despite playing in the most watched league in the world you have to give away the shirt sponsorship deal to largest IT company in chillworth. Or maybe it was racking up a legal bill that made BP think they got a squeeze for flooding Mexico with oil. How about the high interest off shore loans which were never signed off by your boss? Because you see pal, when you add all that up your fag packet "but but but but the club is worth loads more now" don't quite stack up does it noddles (PMSL)

Spot on Del, but sadly the masses will never accept it. The £24m overspend on staplewood would have got anyone the sack anywhere else. The fact that the owners gave him such a dignified departure says a lot about the class of the people who are now at the helm of the club

Spot on Del, but sadly the masses will never accept it. The £24m overspend on staplewood would have got anyone the sack anywhere else. The fact that the owners gave him such a dignified departure says a lot about the class of the people who are now at the helm of the club

Or does it say more about Cortese, given the farewells people like Adam Lallana got on their departure?

Or does it say more about Cortese, given the farewells people like Adam Lallana got on their departure?

When you say people like Adam Lallana, you basically mean Adam Lallana.

But you're right, we all enjoyed the fabulous farewell Nicola laid on for the manager who lead us to two promotions. I mean, what a farewell that was.

No. Lallana manipulated his departure and showed no class. The club were annoyed with him and let it show. Cortese ran amok and was given the rock or the hard place options Turks outlined. The terms of his departure included that he wasn't hung out to dry by the club but I'm not surprised he's out of the game still.

Turks has good knowledge on this subject. The only thing I would correct him on is the staplewood overspend. It was £24 million, not £20 million.

No. Lallana manipulated his departure and showed no class. The club were annoyed with him and let it show. Cortese ran amok and was given the rock or the hard place options Turks outlined. The terms of his departure included that he wasn't hung out to dry by the club but I'm not surprised he's out of the game still.

Turks has good knowledge on this subject. The only thing I would correct him on is the staplewood overspend. It was £24 million, not £20 million.

Out of interest, do you have a complete picture of saints financial performance and more importantly valuation, including an understanding of valuation methods and changes over time; or is your knowledge largely limited to the costs of the Staplewood development?

Edited by shurlock

Out of interest, do you have a complete picture of saints financial performance and more importantly valuation and changes over time, including an understanding of valuation methods; or is your knowledge largely limited to the costs of the Staplewood development?

That's a loaded question if ever there was one! Turks has mentioned one financial 'fact' which I have corrected.

You still don't get it. I've subsequently clarified the context in which I used the term, something youve chosen to ignore. Of course, you completely ignored the second paragraph of my original post that would have made that clear all along, so it doesn't surprise me. But hey it doesn't fit your bizarre rant that's got lost somewhere between your backside and dictionary corner, so I guess fill your boots, Les. I'll leave it there.

Yes, better that you stop digging an even deeper hole for yourself, Shylock.

Cortese was a Champagne Charlie with somebody else's money. A perfectly reasonable opinion and most would have understood the meaning of the expression, but that didn't warrant you jumping down his throat in your usual superior way, calling it illiterate or melodramatic.

Others have made similar accusations before, and indeed as has been pointed out even in this evening's posts subsequent to yours, Cortese's spending of the Liebherr funds was something that Katharina would not permit to continue without restraint and accountability to her, because I presume that she was afraid that it was getting out of control.

When you've spent £13m on something now worth £100m but still get asked to resign from your job to have to wonder why. Maybe it's the spending £60m on wages and fees for marque signings who didn't work out. Or the getting a training ground worth £20m for the bargain price of £40m. Perhaps it was despite two promotions overseeing a decline in commercial income to the point where despite playing in the most watched league in the world you have to give away the shirt sponsorship deal to largest IT company in chillworth. Or maybe it was racking up a legal bill that made BP think they got a squeeze for flooding Mexico with oil. How about the high interest off shore loans which were never signed off by your boss? Because you see pal, when you add all that up your fag packet "but but but but the club is worth loads more now" don't quite stack up does it noddles (PMSL)

And buying **** like Osvaldo and Ramirez

That's the first I've heard about this. Is this fact?

I thought that was widely known, or at very least is the logical assumption about the situation. The owner was listed as The Estate of Markus Liebherr for a couple of years, Obviously Katharina was the natural heir but presumably at some point during the legal clarifications decisions were made about whether she'd actually take on the responsibility for the football business.

Also makes sense in terms of the Cortese claims for the club when he was running things, his posturing around expenditure and his position when suddenly told he couldn't just spend more, and our current position with Katharina the owner, when she was incredibly low-profile for the years immediately following Markus' death.

Literally just Adam Lallana. Lambert, Shaw, even Lovren who only stuck around one year, all got reasonable write ups in the same timeframe, 6 months after Cortese had left - having given them all the idea they could play Champions League football and that only he could provide them with it in Southampton.

I have always liked this Turkish, the informed and interesting thought one. Definetly prefer over the wind up, pee taking one. More of this please!