Weekends other games - 8/9 Nov

Batman

world class players are a rarity and City have one in Aguero who really is outstanding and is carrying them. Spurs had one in Bale and couldn't replace him and the same with Suarez and Liverpool. It just shows you can have all the money in the world but genuine world class players who can change games in a second are almost priceless as there aren't very many of them about

Interesting how much Arsenal and City are being carried by 1 player this year, and i'd throw Liverpool into the hat too with their reliance on Sturridge. You wonder if Arsenal(-Sanchez) and City(-Aguero) would be having the same season as Liverpool.

Goalscorers:

City: Aguero(12), Lampard/Silva/Jovetic/Dzeko(2)

Arsenal: Sanchez(7), Welbeck/Ramsay(2)

Lot of talk about our squad depth being the most likely reason we wouldn't make top 4 but other teams seem more reliant on 1 player than we do. More of our goals are being created by teamplay meanwhile Aguero/Sanchez are winning points on their own scoring out of nothing.

You know you've arrived when ..... you're in Mourinho's mind games!

Can you go unbeaten?

No, there's United, City, Arsenal and especially Southampton!!!

Sh!t, sandwich! We've been rumbled!

Was actually nice to see us get our props from The Special One, though. He considers us a threat even if some of our own fans don't. Yeah, yeah - he might not be being especially sincere with his words, perhaps a sneaky way of getting the players to believe the hype and under perform. Even so, we're in his thoughts.

Check us out. Premier League big time charlies. Can someone send me a manual? ?

Today's games are all important for us.

Like Koeman, I reckon that over the course of the season we are very unlikely to be able to challenge Chelsea and Man City for a top place. But we can rival any of the other top 7 teams from last year for a CL spot. Therefore, we have to be better than four out of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham (and, of course, West Ham and Swansea).

I think we great chance of finishing higher than Everton, Tottenham and Liverpool (plus I'd love to see the latter two do badly, regardless :-)). The others I'm not so sure about.

Thoughts?

01 Lloris

16 Naughton

04 Kaboul

21 Fazio

03 Rose

29 Capoue

38 Mason

17 Townsend

23 Eriksen

22 Chadli

18 Kane

lot of meh in that line up tbf. Champions League? U sir, is having a laugh!

I thought the same Bear.

For all the money they spent last window, that is an incredibly **** return. Only 2 class players in that lineup are Eriksen and Loris IMO.

Although MP is doing his best to play Erikson out of position.

Commentators saying the Spurs fans are awful

They were shocking when I was last at WHL (1-0 Bale)

Silent for most of the game, piped up with a rendition of our song after they scored in the 87th min, then filtered out of the ground on 89 mins. Poor.

01 Lloris

16 Naughton

04 Kaboul

21 Fazio

03 Rose

29 Capoue

38 Mason

17 Townsend

23 Eriksen

22 Chadli

18 Kane

lot of meh in that line up tbf. Champions League? U sir, is having a laugh!

Agreed, from that line up I would take Lloris, and Mason and Kane in the future may improve and have potential,,,,, but none of the others would make our team atm. Making our lose to them look a shambles! RK OUT!

Mixed feeling about that. I want saints Vs pompey at SMS in the third round.....we still owe them for the 1-4 in the FA cup a few years back

Me too. But I want them at Fratton. Nothing would be sweeter than seeing us wallop them in their own backyard.

Down to twelve, Everton up to ten with Liverpool between them. All on 14 points from 11 games.

;)

And all 5 points above Leicester and the bottom 3.

Now that would be bliss to have Liverpool and Spurs joint bottom.