What is wrong with America

Red Alert

Fair game?? there you go again with some generalization that you got from watching the TV...

OK if you trust the traffic laws enforcers to protect you that's your choice......

Your hate for the USA really shows in the last bit

Some generalisation from watching TV? Really?

We don't have a problem with traffic law enforcers. Probably because they are not armed.

I do not hate the USA. I have had 7 really nice trips to America and have made some good friends there. What I "hate" is the cavalier attitude that many have regarding other people's lives.

What is right about America... Obama!

Talking about how close he and Vice President Biden have gotten, especially in stressful times, Obama joked that he loves Biden's back massages. "Those Joe Biden shoulder massages are like magic. You should try one." [Pause.] "Oh, you have?"

He added, "We've gotten so close, in some places in Indiana, they won't serve us pizza anymore."

I'm in the US at the moment. Had a chat with an anti-gun nipper. He had his reasons, notably having a gun pulled on him twice for trivial drunken sh!t.

Twice? He was drunk, if he claims it was identical twins that pulled their guns on him, he may have just been seeing double.

Twice? He was drunk, if he claims it was identical twins that pulled their guns on him, he may have just been seeing double.

He actually acted as peacemaker in both situations. The wielder was drunk on both occasions (not the same person).

What is right about America... Obama!

Talking about how close he and Vice President Biden have gotten, especially in stressful times, Obama joked that he loves Biden's back massages. "Those Joe Biden shoulder massages are like magic. You should try one." [Pause.] "Oh, you have?"

He added, "We've gotten so close, in some places in Indiana, they won't serve us pizza anymore."

If you want to see a funny speech at the correspondents dinner, take at look at this one.

:)

I'm not really sure you're in a position to give advice.

Debate is about give and take. If your takeaway from my numerous posts on the subject is that I hate America, it's just another example of your lack of comprehension. I have been staunchly opposed to many of the actions of the US government. Hardly in a club of one on that front, and I can promise you that it has many American members.

Which makes me wonder. I've met plenty of US citizens that are capable of being deeply introspective about many of the problems we're discussing here. It's different, of course. Left and right "norms" aren't nearly as applicable, and I've met entirely decent people be worn down by the unending repetition of poverty in all its forms.

In fact, if you wanted to attack me on my content, you could easily have a go at lefty pap for not giving money to homeless people after years of being inured to it. I'm not proud of that, but then I'm here to work, not act as an independent source of welfare for everyone the system is failing.

What you've actually come back with is something I heard frequently from low-intelligence Sotonians in the 1990s when I said that Liverpool pubs were cool because they illegally stayed open until six o clock. "Why don't you f**k off back to Liverpool?". That's apt, because I suspect that's what you are. A low intelligence Sotonian. You must have married a Canadian to get in, because judging from your input on this thread, you'd be entirely fúcked in a points system.

You don't have any points.

WOW the above just shows that you know nothing about me and are down to insults at me........keep them coming..... Mr KnowNothing

I'm not in the slightest. I just see people naively responding to you assuming you may post a sensible reply but all you can do is sling insults. And not to put too finer point on it but you are a bit dense.

I have replied ........I assume by 'sensible' you mean agreeing with you........sorry if I don't and you don't like my replies

If you want to see a funny speech at the correspondents dinner, take at look at this one.
:)

I've watched this several times before. An awesome performance which took a lot of guts.

The highlight was this:

"Here’s how it works. The president makes decisions. He’s the decider. The press secretary announces those decisions, and you people of the press type those decisions down. Make, announce, type. Just put ’em through a spell check and go home. Get to know your family again. Make love to your wife. Write that novel you got kicking around in your head. You know, the one about the intrepid Washington reporter with the courage to stand up to the Administration? You know, fiction!"

Are you following the threads of conversations, or randomly spewing out answers to individual posts ?

i said you were supposed to be on the 'civilised' side of the border, your reply to that was that there is 'no difference', hence my query about fatalities suffered whilst running away from traffic stops.

Canada has already been brought into the thread at several points, and it has even got as specific as discussing Sarnia itself, but perhaps you can't remember that far back.

Hey I can remember .....but there wasn't too much discussion about Sarnia........and there really is no difference between Sarnia Ontario and Port Huron Michigan........... was there this morning

You really want to know all about me don't you.......

OK I left the FUK and came here as an Electrical Engineer 40 years ago .....OK

I don't really give a FUK, Sarnia. All I can say is that Canadian standards must have been lax back in the day.

I don't really give a FUK, Sarnia. All I can say is that Canadian standards must have been lax back in the day.

Lax, or non existent? The real eye opener though is that if he left the UK 40 years ago as a qualified person - he is now, what 60 - 65 ish...??? Judging by his posts thus far - I thought that we were being wound up by a 14 year old pre-pubescent youth...!!!

Lax, or non existent? The real eye opener though is that if he left the UK 40 years ago as a qualified person - he is now, what 60 - 65 ish...??? Judging by his posts thus far - I thought that we were being wound up by a 14 year old pre-pubescent youth...!!!

LOL I am in the 60 - 65 group.........

So you think I am psychotic :lol::rolleyes:

Let's just say I think you probably have some 'issues' you need to deal with.

It seems to me that but for your fanatical determination to have the last word, this thread would surely have died a natural death months ago. The problem is your pig-headed attitude has stirred up so much opposition on here that - unless some merciful mod puts a end to this folly - you will now never get the final say you are so desperately seeking. One might wonder at what kind of satisfaction it would give you even if you did?

The latest bombshell in this ongoing soap opera you have created - IE that you are a man in his 60's rather than the adolescent ''LOL & Emoticon'' merchant you come across as - is perhaps your most eye-opening contribution yet. The only advice I can offer you is that for your own sake you'd do well to ''step away from the keyboard'' for a week or two ... I don't expect that will happen however because you may lack the level of wisdom required to understand why you should do that.

Let's just say I think you probably have some 'issues' you need to deal with.

Only issues I have is trying to understand what goes on the brit brain (sorry oxymoron).

It seems to me that but for your fanatical determination to have the last word, this thread would surely have died a natural death months ago. The problem is your pig-headed attitude has stirred up so much opposition on here that - unless some merciful mod puts a end to this folly - you will now never get the final say you are so desperately seeking. One might wonder at what kind of satisfaction it would give you even if you did?

I always have the final word.....and as for pig-headed I would say that is not me but you lot.......if you want stop replying OK........as long as you lot keep replying I will

The latest bombshell in this ongoing soap opera you have created - IE that you are a man in his 60's rather than the adolescent ''LOL & Emoticon'' merchant you come across as - is perhaps your most eye-opening contribution yet. The only advice I can offer you is that for your own sake you'd do well to ''step away from the keyboard'' for a week or two ... I don't expect that will happen however because you may lack the level of wisdom required to understand why you should do that.

Why for my own sake eh??............ that a threat ??........You should know I never ever back down........ so either reply or just FO

answers above :)

About what?? see my reply to pap smear .......... you got to try more .....if you can with that peanut size brit brain.............

Don't you have a British brain, Sarns, me ol' fruit and nut?

8 and 148, btw.

S'all cool brother. Just engage with your boys and girls here.

I'd honestly rather not be sparring with ya, but you make it difficult.

I do engage Pappy ......but some make it real difficult with threats putdowns and personal insults ........so here we are I don't want to spend my life sparring either but I never back down ........BTW you were the only one that apologized for any **** take at me about my wife.........