What is wrong with America

Red Alert

I was referring to the other one, where a baby was shot dead by a toddler using a gun that was just lieing around.

Cant say something wrong....................................... with a country because of things like this. Clearly this......................... was a parenting fault.

Had the parents taken the time to train their baby in the safe application of lethal force as a proptional deterrent.......................... and equipped it with a lightweight, modern firearm then this would never have happened....................... guns don't kill people, people without proper gun discipline kill people................. and why was the baby trying to crawl away? You ever stop to think about, huh?

No............................. cos y'all so small minded and European.

Cant say something wrong....................................... with a country because of things like this. Clearly this......................... was a parenting fault.

Had the parents taken the time to train their baby in the safe application of lethal force as a proptional deterrent.......................... and equipped it with a lightweight, modern firearm then this would never have happened....................... guns don't kill people, people without proper gun discipline kill people................. and why was the baby trying to crawl away? You ever stop to think about, huh?

Made me lol

Why run away from a traffic stop in the first place??

For the fear that you'll be shot dead by the police ?

In what world is it acceptable to have to remain in your vehicle for fear of death ? What on earth allows a police officer judgement to fire his weapon at a civilian that poses him no significant threat ?

Edited by Smirking_Saint

No SS. I read the report of the incident. Did you?

Yeah I read all of the North American reports that are now in a media frenzy about cops trying to arrest people..........where were they before last August???.........tell me since you seem to follow the US cops ............

Easy, he had family court violations and didn't want to be arrested.

Does that mean he deserved to be shot in the back 8 times? A simple yes or no will do.

OH so not wanting to be arrested makes it OK to run ...........jeez your mental reasoning is strange if not bizarre.

Already said what I think of the 8 shots......did you read that???

Hmmm, replying on basis of simple word recognition instead of actually comprehending what's being said.... are you Siri?

Don't know WTF you mean :lol: but do find comprehending what you brits are trying to say ..........is incomprehensible......I assume siri (WTF) is me .........

Nice try at put down humor .........but 1/10 benji boy

For the fear that you'll be shot dead by the police ?

In what world is it acceptable to have to remain in your vehicle for fear of death ? What on earth allows a police officer judgement to fire his weapon at a civilian that poses him no significant threat ?

You just don't get it do you.........you remain in your vehicle!! and as for fear of death there wouldn't be any if you stay in your vehicle..........may be difficult to understand for you ...........the last bit well just shows how much you know .........how do determine if is someone is no threat...answer that if you can

You just don't get it do you.........you remain in your vehicle!! and as for fear of death there wouldn't be any if you stay in your vehicle..........may be difficult to understand for you ...........the last bit well just shows how much you know .........how do determine if is someone is no threat...answer that if you can

"As for fear of death there wouldn't be any fear of death if you stay in your vehicle"

What you have just described is the imperative for someone to stay in their vehicle on fear of death, exactly as Smirking said to you.

Yeah I read all of the North American reports that are now in a media frenzy about cops trying to arrest people..........where were they before last August???.........tell me since you seem to follow the US cops ............

So you read the reports but didn't see anything about the tazer? Are you sure SS? And nobody is in a frenzy about cops trying to arrest people. The issue is that shooting people in the back 5 times is likely to lead to death. Not an arrest.

If they are running away from you its safe to assume that they are no significant threat, after all, if they are running away where is the threat ?

As per staying in your vehicle through fear, thats just rediculous, its like something out of Baghdad. The police are there to serve, and until an arrest has been made you are innocent. Should he have run ? Probably not, but is it worth being gunned down over ? Hell no.

.. -.. .. --- -

I agree. As I said earlier - I sincerely hope that he is the Village Idiot, really I do. Surely there cannot be anybody within a 5000 mile radius that is as stupid.

And if there is, then the thread title is more than apt and demands some serious answers.

I have to say I find it totally bizarre that anyone would think that is it perfectly ok to shoot someone who either does not stay in their car when stopped or is unarmed an is running away. What kind of world is it where police officers are judge jury and executioner over unarmed and often innocent people? I think you have grown up watching too many cowboy and indian films Sarnia. As for having a go at the Brits, aren't you British?

Not to sure where you want to go this .............but was the gun owners fault for leaving it around with the safety off.............

WTF? If it wasn't so easy to buy guns and ammunition there would be no need to worry about leaving the safety on or off. What is a loaded gun doing lying around anyway? Isnt this the whole point? Guns are very, very dangerous. They are responsible for hundreds of deaths a year, accidental or otherwise. That is why it is not a very good idea to let people have them outside of the armed forces.

In these 20 pages of posts has anyone once agreed with anything Sarnia has posted?

Have to admire that the thickest tw at in this place (close with Noodles and Jeff mind) can generate 20 pages of replies with his "LOL.....HTH.....LOL"s

"As for fear of death there wouldn't be any fear of death if you stay in your vehicle"

What you have just described is the imperative for someone to stay in their vehicle on fear of death, exactly as Smirking said to you.

I never said that dickhead .......what I said was if you get pulled over in a traffic stop you stay in your vehicle...........I know you think of yourself as the cats ass on here but every reply from you is what comes out of the cats ass .........you need to try harder if you think you can twist around what I say ..........

So you read the reports but didn't see anything about the tazer? Are you sure SS? And nobody is in a frenzy about cops trying to arrest people. The issue is that shooting people in the back 5 times is likely to lead to death. Not an arrest.

I already gave my view on this .......BTW its TASER

I never said that dickhead .......what I said was if you get pulled over in a traffic stop you stay in your vehicle...........I know you think of yourself as the cats ass on here but every reply from you is what comes out of the cats ass .........you need to try harder if you think you can twist around what I say ..........

I've been pulled over by traffic cops twice in the states. Both times they stood four or five feet behind me, out of eyeline, hand on holster and gave instructions. There was not eye contact, conversation or 'please sir'. Its a different mentality - one of police force rather than police service. I know which I prefer.

I have to say I find it totally bizarre that anyone would think that is it perfectly ok to shoot someone who either does not stay in their car when stopped or is unarmed an is running away. What kind of world is it where police officers are judge jury and executioner over unarmed and often innocent people? I think you have grown up watching too many cowboy and indian films Sarnia. As for having a go at the Brits, aren't you British?

Like all the others you completely miss the whole picture of law enforcement in North America.........I could say in goes right over your head but think it goes in one ear and straight out the other nothing to stop it !!!

And yeah was born british but gave that up years ago.

WTF? If it wasn't so easy to buy guns and ammunition there would be no need to worry about leaving the safety on or off. What is a loaded gun doing lying around anyway? Isnt this the whole point? Guns are very, very dangerous. They are responsible for hundreds of deaths a year, accidental or otherwise. That is why it is not a very good idea to let people have them outside of the armed forces.

OK that's your opinion........I don't happen to agree.........

I like the irony that Sarnia ( the town ) is where Michael Moore went in 'Bowling for Columbine' to hold a mirror up to American gun culture.

First Sarnia is a city and Michael Moore was here a few weeks ago...........I like his movies cause they are anti-establishment but need to be viewed as such.

In these 20 pages of posts has anyone once agreed with anything Sarnia has posted?

Have to admire that the thickest tw at in this place (close with Noodles and Jeff mind) can generate 20 pages of replies with his "LOL.....HTH.....LOL"s

Hey haven't done it in a while ..........:lol:

I've been pulled over by traffic cops twice in the states. Both times they stood four or five feet behind me, out of eyeline, hand on holster and gave instructions. There was not eye contact, conversation or 'please sir'. Its a different mentality - one of police force rather than police service. I know which I prefer.

Hope you stayed in your vehicle!!!

and as for police force :) guess you don't have one in the UK just give out tickets for 1 mph over the posted speed limit

Just for clarity, here's where you said "as for fear of death there wouldn't be any if you stay in your vehicle". Here. No twisting, just your words. Here you go, your entire post:

Can you see now that you wrote - "as for fear of death there wouldn't be any if you stay in your vehicle" - your words, yes?

That sentence can only mean there would, could or should be fear of death if you don't stay in your vehicle.

Here's your latest quote, again, just to maybe prevent you saying "I never said that dickhead" about something we can all read that you did. Here:

I never said that dickhead.......what I said was if you get pulled over in a traffic stop you stay in your vehicle...........

Okay. What should happen if you don't stay in your vehicle? Then what? Do you agree that if you don't stay in your vehicle that being shot several times in the back is appropriate?

Take your time and maybe consider your response because you do get yourself in an awful muddle sometimes.

I absolutely agree with Sarniasaint. The punishment for getting out of your car when stopped by a public servant should be death, it's one of the few things I think they should bring it back for. That and misuse of the pronoun "myself" as a nominative pronoun instead of a reflexive pronoun.

Land of the free yes, but there have to be limits.

I absolutely agree with Sarniasaint. The punishment for getting out of your car when stopped by a public servant should be death, it's one of the few things I think they should bring it back for. That and misuse of the pronoun "myself" as a nominative pronoun instead of a reflexive pronoun.

Can't see this happening myself.

I think anyone over forty and sporting a baseball cap should be introduced to the concept of lethal force though.

I'm not sure I can agree with that. I think the death penalty is a bit extreme just for getting out of the car. I think it should be reserved to only be used for people that can run faster than the policeman with the gun.