What is wrong with America

Red Alert

Sadly Sarnia these incidents happen all too frequently which is why many of us have issues with arming police and the gun laws in the USA.

Happen more often or just a media storm?.....but I digress......about a week after 9/11 when the border was re-opened I went across and there at the customs booth was a National Guardsman with a M16 next to the customs guy....was I worried NO .........why should I be worried .......

These high profile cop shootings that you are seeing all involve someone doing something wrong ............would you run away from a cop if you were stopped for a traffic violation??

So what do you have to say about that??

TBF he doesn't get any if it. He's not right bright.

What I do get is a mental denial from you guys that in the real world the UK is not a world power anymore......face facts youre just some other country in Europe

Edited by SarniaSaint

Happen more often or just a media storm?.....but I digress......about a week after 9/11 when the border was re-opened I went across and there at the customs booth was a National Guardsman with a M16 next to the customs guy....was I worried NO .........why should I be worried .......

These high profile cop shootings that you are seeing all involve someone doing something wrong ............would you run away from a cop if you were stopped for a traffic violation??

The militarisation of the police is something that should concern any citizen. Firstly, what does it say about the government's feelings toward its own people? Are US citizens really that dangerous that you need an armour-plated RV to deal with them, and if so, why?

No-one should be shot to death for the crime of "running", especially when the suspect isn't presenting a threat to anyone. Many of these shootings are completely unjustified.

I maintain that there is an underlying fear driving all of this. Citizens buy guns to protect themselves from each other. The cops need bigger guns to protect themselves from the citizenry, to the point where they are becoming a colour-swapped version of the actual military. One of the key attributes of civilised societies is an absolute unwillingness to deploy its armed forces on its own soil. Not only is it a safeguard against military coups and the consequent tyrannies, but it also says a lot about the relationship between a nation's leaders and its citizens. There is mutual trust, and a general expectation that neither the citizenry or the authorities are not going to go f**king mental anytime soon. The big ol' social contract.

The US military and police becoming virtually indistinguishable says much about the state of the USA's social contract.

The militarisation of the police is something that should concern any citizen. Firstly, what does it say about the government's feelings toward its own people? Are US citizens really that dangerous that you need an armour-plated RV to deal with them, and if so, why?

No-one should be shot to death for the crime of "running", especially when the suspect isn't presenting a threat to anyone. Many of these shootings are completely unjustified.

I maintain that there is an underlying fear driving all of this. Citizens buy guns to protect themselves from each other. The cops need bigger guns to protect themselves from the citizenry, to the point where they are becoming a colour-swapped version of the actual military. One of the key attributes of civilised societies is an absolute unwillingness to deploy its armed forces on its own soil. Not only is it a safeguard against military coups and the consequent tyrannies, but it also says a lot about the relationship between a nation's leaders and its citizens. There is mutual trust, and a general expectation that neither the citizenry or the authorities are not going to go f**king mental anytime soon. The big ol' social contract.

The US military and police becoming virtually indistinguishable says much about the state of the USA's social contract.

Until you know the full facts its best to not have an opinion....hard to do for you I know

and as for the militarization of the cops!! ...........you just saying what your audience wants to hear :)

Oh yeah the middle bit just shows how you have no understanding of North America....you may visit but............

Edited by SarniaSaint

Until you know the full facts its best to not have an opinion....hard to do for you I know

and as for the militarization of the cops!! ...........you just saying what your audience wants to hear :)

Oh yeah the middle bit just shows how you have no understanding of North America....you may visit but............

No-one, not even you, knows the full facts. Going by your definition, no-one should have an opinion.

Continually telling people that they know nothing isn't debating, Sarnia, especially given the paucity of detail in your own responses. At best, you're Ygritte of the Free Folk. At worst, you're a twát.

If we're wrong, at least attempt to explain why we're wrong, y'know, with counter-arguments. "I'm right because I live in a neighbouring country to the North" or "you no nothing, Europeans" are not counter-arguments.

Now I've ribbed you on a couple of occasions on this thread, but I reckon I've been fairer than most, especially recently - so I've got a piece of travel advice to add to your do's and don'ts. Stay out of Twát County, mush. The place isn't good for you.

Wouldn't this be a good place to shut the thread?

Surely he can't get any more stupid than that.

No-one, not even you, knows the full facts. Going by your definition, no-one should have an opinion.

Continually telling people that they know nothing isn't debating, Sarnia, especially given the paucity of detail in your own responses. At best, you're Ygritte of the Free Folk. At worst, you're a twát.

If we're wrong, at least attempt to explain why we're wrong, y'know, with counter-arguments. "I'm right because I live in a neighbouring country to the North" or "you no nothing, Europeans" are not counter-arguments.

Now I've ribbed you on a couple of occasions on this thread, but I reckon I've been fairer than most, especially recently - so I've got a piece of travel advice to add to your do's and don'ts. Stay out of Twát County, mush. The place isn't good for you.

I have no intention of ever visiting the UK again HTH (I assumed you meant country as you wouldn't have a clue which county) ........Oh and I live to the East (guess geography aint your strong point) :).........why in your opinion aint the place good for me??? go on just tell me.....not your opinion..........present some facts not vids from the internet.

Running away - a crime punishable by death.

Ah, but you need to understand that if the cop hadn't shot him, he might have ran into a small child and killed or seriously injured them. Is that what you really want? Dead children??

Ah, but you need to understand that if the cop hadn't shot him, he might have ran into a small child and killed or seriously injured them. Is that what you really want? Dead children??

Poor effort at humor there scotty......but I really didn't expect anything else ........keep them coming will rate them :)

Do you really know what happened ???.......if you are pulled over for a traffic stop you don't run away and keep going after being told to stop.....what part of that don't you understand eh???

Ok, so you've gone from defending guns (I don't agree, but I do at least understand the self defence argument... although not the point of the 2nd amendment) to now outright defending murder because the victim tried to run away from a cop. Mental.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11531791/Three-year-old-shoots-dead-baby-in-accident.html

"It's a sad day for Cleveland," he told reporters. "This fascination that we have with handguns, not just in this city but in this country, has to stop. This is a senseless loss of life."

And another one http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11531766/Cop-fatally-shoots-black-suspect-after-confusing-gun-for-Taser.html

Edited by whelk

Do you really know what happened ???.......if you are pulled over for a traffic stop you don't run away and keep going after being told to stop.....what part of that don't you understand eh???

So you really think that running away should be punishable by eight rounds in the back? For a traffic violation? :mcinnes:

Ok, so you've gone from defending guns (I don't agree, but I do at least understand the self defence argument... although not the point of the 2nd amendment) to now outright defending murder because the victim tried to run away from a cop. Mental.

where did I defend the cop???.....what did he was wrong that's why he has a murder charge!!.......what I am saying is don't run and stay in the vehicle this applies for everyone........unless you have a reason to run then take your chances. OK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11531791/Three-year-old-shoots-dead-baby-in-accident.html

"It's a sad day for Cleveland," he told reporters. "This fascination that we have with handguns, not just in this city but in this country, has to stop. This is a senseless loss of life."

And another one http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11531766/Cop-fatally-shoots-black-suspect-after-confusing-gun-for-Taser.html

MMMM the telegraph...........that paper still have readers ???...........apart from you :lol:

Would have happened even without the vid........ HTH

I very much doubt it seeing as he originally claimed that the nasty black man tried to steal his tazer and then attempted to plant said tazer near his victim's lifeless body.

Maybe he shouldn't have ran away though. Would have been harder for the cop to fake a scene of struggle inside the vehicle.

Why run away from a traffic stop in the first place??

It was a simple question even for the hard of thinking so try and answer it with a simple yes or no, even a man of your modest ability should be able to do that.

If you run away do you deserve to be shot in the back 8 times?

Edited by View From The Top

I pop into this thread now and then for a laugh. I'm amazed anyone is bothering to still talk to Sarnia, and how many pages this thread has reached.

He is clearly a child no?

I do the same. I do pray that Sarnia is the village idiot though.

I very much doubt it seeing as he originally claimed that the nasty black man tried to steal his tazer and then attempted to plant said tazer near his victim's lifeless body.

Maybe he shouldn't have ran away though. Would have been harder for the cop to fake a scene of struggle inside the vehicle.

WTF are you talking about now??...got your tasers and firearms confused??

It was a simple question even for the hard of thinking so try and answer it with a simple yes or no, even a man of your modest ability should be able to do that.

If you run away do you deserve to be shot in the back 8 times?

Why run away from a traffic stop eh??......if you can answer that please do :)

I do the same. I do pray that Sarnia is the village idiot though.

think you meant hope not pray.....sorry for telling you brits how the rest of the world see you.......so if that makes me the village idiot in your eyes....... oh well do you really think I give a F..........

Any comment on the content of the article? How are you going to justify that one?

That guy was a volunteer ok...........these volunteers help to keep the streets safe .........if you don't agree with that concept well OK .....you just defined for the brit mindset........

That guy was a volunteer ok...........these volunteers help to keep the streets safe .........if you don't agree with that concept well OK .....you just defined for the brit mindset........

I was referring to the other one, where a baby was shot dead by a toddler using a gun that was just lieing around.