What is wrong with America

Red Alert

1. I thought Canadians were supposed to hate Americans? What made you think that??

2. We have never elected anyone as dumb as Ronald Regan or George W Bush.Well you voted in Thatcher !!! As for the Royalty, if you have half a brain cell you know that they have no actual powers. They are just there to entice dumb Americans to come over and spend their money here, right? Those with a passport that is.

Answers above

Do you have a) a sense of humour Yes I do b) a sense of irony? Yes I do Seems to me you are living on the wrong side of the border mate. (ps sorry that should be humor Great your spelling is OK)

Think what you call irony is different to what I call irony .........other answers above

See, even this post where you claim not to be angry is coming across as a bit angry.

Im not sure what this mind set you refer to is. Britain and America have "a special relationship" and have done since Reagan was knobbing Thatcher. I fear you may be paranoid about this mind set thing.

Im not sure that giving guns to angry, paranoid people, who don't even recognise when they're angry or paranoid, is a good idea. Theres that old cliche (or song lyric); "Guns dont kill people, people do". You're the living embodiment of that.

MMMMM well first if there is a special relationship why do you all keep putting the place down eh??

second if you really think I am angry and / or paranoid because I don't go along with the rest of you ............you have joined the delusional on here

Don't know where I said that...........but Im sure you will tell me......go on tell me..... Oh yeah you were the one that said that Canada is owned by the brit queen

Post 674 is where you said you couldn't believe any of us "dumb f...ers" could think that comment from M is real.

Now you seem to be suggesting you do think it's real. What does that make you now?

Good luck finding any quote from me about Canada and the Queen. Even though I never said it, I love the fact you are so upset about it. "Touched a nerve hav I LOL" as you would say.

Edited by CB Fry

I'm not very proud of it, but I will admit that I too can be quite stubborn on here when I'm in the mood - especially when it comes to issues that I feel strongly about. But I would hope that I'm also sufficiently self-aware to realise that stubbornness is not much of a virtue in a grown man. Indeed, when taken to and beyond the limit of all reason - as at least one person has on this thread - it more closely resembles a character flaw rather than anything to be very proud of.

This thread, for all its obvious lowbrow entertainment value, is now many, many posts beyond the point when there was last any substantive discussion of the gun control issue. A case of more 'heat' being generated than 'light' it seems to me.

So in the interests of the mental well-being of certain forum members, I think it would probably be best now if some kind mod would coming along and put this thread out of its misery. You mods do actually visit the lounge occasionally don't you?

I'm not very proud of it, but I will admit that I too can be quite stubborn on here when I'm in the mood - especially when it comes to issues that I feel strongly about. But I would hope that I'm also sufficiently self-aware to realise that stubbornness is not much of a virtue in a grown man. Indeed, when taken to and beyond the limit of all reason - as at least one person has on this thread - it more closely resembles a character flaw rather than anything to be very proud of.

This thread, for all its obvious lowbrow entertainment value, is now many, many posts beyond the point when there was last any substantive discussion of the gun control issue. A case of more 'heat' being generated than 'light' it seems to me.

So in the interests of the mental well-being of certain forum members, I think it would probably be best now if some kind mod would coming along and put this thread out of its misery. You mods do actually visit the lounge occasionally don't you?

Agree. Let's stop it before someone goes batsh*t mental and starts taking potshots.

It's quality checking how many times a dribbling simpleton uses his stock answer of "LOL".

It's the modern world's version of laughing at the inmates of Bedlam.

Yes Sarnia we did vote in Thatcher, and no matter what you think of her, she was certainly no idiot.

I am glad that you understand that we are a democracy and that the Queen is just head of state with no power. I would say though that the difference between us is that the people we vote in could go for a drive with the top down or enjoy a night out at the theatre without their day being spoiled big time by someone with a gun.

(with the hon. exception of Perceval, granted).

Edited by sadoldgit

Post 674 is where you said you couldn't believe any of us "dumb f...ers" could think that comment from M is real. WTF are you trying to say???.........Oh I get it youre just back tracking LOL

Now you seem to be suggesting you do think it's real. What does that make you now? How on earth could you think that ...........LOLs on you

Good luck finding any quote from me about Canada and the Queen. Even though I never said it, I love the fact you are so upset about it. "Touched a nerve hav I LOL" as you would say. You were the one that came out with that s..t maybe not on this thread but you did............so tell the world that british queen don't own Canada ..........go on I dare ya

Answers above

While Sarnias sleeping.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/12/1363996/-Pasco-Washington-police-have-killed-more-people-than-police-in-Germany-the-UK-combined

One small town's police have killed more people than police in Germany and the UK combined (sorry if already posted).

Ok so some blog site is the new authority on the news.............better let AP and Reuters know!!!!........BTW that blog is complete BS

It's quality checking how many times a dribbling simpleton uses his stock answer of "LOL".

It's the modern world's version of laughing at the inmates of Bedlam.

If that's what you think I am because I don't agree with you so be it ............and can tell you I don't care what you think ........LOL (theres another if youre keeping score).........

Answers above

As you would say, "LOL". Fair play, that Onion thing has completely defeated you, hasn't it?

If you ever find a comment from me on this forum about Canada and the Queen then please quote it up here. Fantasy island. (LOL again)

Ok so some blog site is the new authority on the news.............better let AP and Reuters know!!!!........BTW that blog is complete BS

Do you dispute the figures?

You know that "death by cop" is such a rare event in the UK that every time it happens it makes the national news and there is a full investigation by the IPCC?

The wolves are circling, so I've decided to help Sarnia out.

Look at this disgusting picture of a woman putting her baby in a cup, presumably containing a steaming beverage.

250315READERPICS07.jpg

We may not have gun-related problems, but my, what cruel bastards we are. This evil Brit even has the stones to call herself "World's Best Mummy".

Sick innit, Sarnia?

Look at this disgusting picture of a woman putting her baby in a cup, presumably containing a steaming beverage.

250315READERPICS07.jpg

We may not have gun-related problems, but my, what cruel bastards we are. This evil Brit even has the stones to call herself "World's Best Mummy".

Sick innit, Sarnia?

Mug.

OK so you all out of putdowns at me LOL (count another one there!!!)........

Saw this http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11887426.REVEALED__The_worst_places_for_yobbish_behaviour/?ref=mr and just reminded me of why I left 40 years ago.

and then there is this http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20150311-can-canada-teach-the-rest-of-us-to-be-nicer...........

answers on a postcard or just on here !!!

250315READERPICS07.jpg

Sick innit, Sarnia?

What the color of the mug???........mug

Do you dispute the figures? Yes I do

You know that "death by cop" is such a rare event in the UK that every time it happens it makes the national news and there is a full investigation by the IPCC? #1 WTF is the IPCC #2 how do you know that it makes the national news.........national to you is small regional to us

Answers above :)

What the color of the mug???........mug

I just thought you'd be interested in the details of another heinous crime committed in the UK. How many other cultures do you know of that shrink helpless babies just to make them dunkable?

You did right getting out.

As you would say, "LOL". Fair play, that Onion thing has completely defeated you, hasn't it?

If you ever find a comment from me on this forum about Canada and the Queen then please quote it up here. Fantasy island. (LOL again)

If you think that the onion thing has defeated me .............well think again ............unlike you I knew it was complete crap but somehow you were laughing at a joke reply ..........laugh on at yourself :)

I just thought you'd be interested in the details of another heinous crime committed in the UK. How many other cultures do you know of that shrink helpless babies just to make them dunkable?

You did right getting out.

LOL (dare I say that).......BTW the color of the mug mmmmmmmm

If you think that the onion thing has defeated me .............well think again ............unlike you I knew it was complete crap but somehow you were laughing at a joke reply ..........laugh on at yourself :)

Delighted that you now think the idea that "restrictions on guns only limit law abiding citizens from protecting themselves" is "complete crap". I think it's complete crap too, as do your other British friends here on this thread.

Well done for listening to the arguments and finally changing your mind. You've been really brave.

Edited by CB Fry

Answers above

Sarnia, have already answered the Thatcher point, but in relation to how Canadians feel and Americans and vice versa, if you tell me you are best buddies, ok. But I have spent time in Seattle and Connecticut and also have friends in Canada and the impression I get is that there is no love lost across the border. In fact you come across to me as more American than Canadian (no offence meant).

Delighted that you now think the idea that "restrictions on guns only limit law abiding citizens from protecting themselves" is "complete crap". I think it's complete crap too, as do your other British friends here on this thread.

Well done for listening to the arguments and finally changing your mind. You've been really brave.

Where do you think I said that EH ???? go on show me..........You are a f.ck..g nutcase ..........so just show me OK .........

Small regional to "us"? Presumably you are referring to Canada, where you live, and which has a little over half the population of the UK?

I won't bother to Google IPCC on your behalf.

Half the population OK ............did you know that SW Ontario pop. about 2 million is larger than the UK?? .........HTH