What is wrong with America

Red Alert

No, this thread is about America's gun problem. Police having guns is not the main problem (although it appears how and when they use them is an issue). The UK police have guns because in some circumstances an armed response is appropriate.

The problem in the US is f*ckwits, criminals and the mentally disturbed being able to easily get their hands on a stockpile of guns designed for military use and as much ammo as they please - that's the heart of the problem.

You still don't understand that 95% of the gun crime is committed between gang bangers in inner city neighborhoods which are predominately black or Hispanic......when you get out to burbs its different........

Perhaps the officer was justified, perhaps he had no other option, perhaps the escaped murderer 'got what he deserved'; the difference to other Police shootings discussed on here, which sarnie still fails to spot, is that he wasn't an innocent person who might just have missed a stop sign. In sarnie's world, any use of firearms by the Police is ALWAYS justified, and the victim ALWAYS brings it on themselves.[/QUOTE]

All I said was what to do if you are stopped by the cops and the consequences if you ran away.........don't try and twist my words ........

Well I see we now have 38 pages - and counting - of variations around this very same point (and assorted playground insults) being endlessly hit to and fro across the N Atlantic in a manner akin to some vast transoceanic game of ping-pong. God knows it should be quite obvious to all that our Canadian friend will never accept what we might call the 'gun-control' viewpoint - however rational that approach might appear to be on our side of the pond. He in turn really should have comprehended by now that very few on here can agree with his attitude.

So everyone either agrees to move on and try and find something more productive to do with their time, or this futile game carries on until we all die of boredom. Your choice fella's ...

PS - can the mods please confirm whether everyone on here now has 'carte blanche' to blatantly circumvent the forum swear filter with apparent impunity, or is this a special privilege reserved for a select few only?

Thank heavens someone turns up every 50 or so posts to tell us how pointless this thread is.

Hey Chapple you don't have to read the thread :)

Hey Fry only pointless when you lose :)

You clearly haven't read the thread anywhere near carefully enough. Sarnia is a nuisance, certainly, but the most interesting posts on this thread, and the strands of argument, have nothing to do with him/her. So please don't do a pompous number on the rest of us, calling for the thread to be closed because it offends your delicate sensibilities.

One of the reasons it's so long - the key one, actually - is that it coincided with an extraordinary sequence of events in the US in which mostly black men were shot and otherwise murdered by cops and white supremacists. One lesson learned from this - or at least it's clearer now - is that the right to bear arms is a white rights issue.

So, again to avoid the use of language that clearly offend you, and to quote Dorothy Parker, I have two words for you and the second one is 'off'.

Can agree with all of this except the right to bear arms applies to all US citizens and most of the gun crime is black/black/Hispanic ......so to say it is a white rights issue is disengenious at best **** stirring at worst

Perhaps the officer was justified, perhaps he had no other option, perhaps the escaped murderer 'got what he deserved'; the difference to other Police shootings discussed on here, which sarnie still fails to spot, is that he wasn't an innocent person who might just have missed a stop sign. In sarnie's world, any use of firearms by the Police is ALWAYS justified, and the victim ALWAYS brings it on themselves.[/QUOTE]

All I said was what to do if you are stopped by the cops and the consequences if you ran away.........don't try and twist my words ........

There's no need to 'twist' your words.

You still don't understand that 95% of the gun crime is committed between gang bangers in inner city neighborhoods which are predominately black or Hispanic......when you get out to burbs its different........

OK, well as long as it isn't the white people in the suburbs killing each other, then that's completely fine?

You are at least starting to admit that there is in fact something wrong with America.

There's no need to 'twist' your words.

OH Really :rolleyes:....that's all you and others have done since day 1............yet you know nothing about living in North America........even saying that the cops should not be armed ...........you really need to accept that the way you police a small overcrowded crime-ridden country don't work anywhere else........but if you're happy with your life in the uk ...........ok by me.

Yes,it is different. In my small country town there are only about 3 or 4 gun related deaths a year. Quite a lot really!

OK, well as long as it isn't the white people in the suburbs killing each other, then that's completely fine?

where did I say that eh?? just told you the facts...........you seem to have an obsession about blacks ..........why??

You are at least starting to admit that there is in fact something wrong with America.

never said otherwise...but when I started saying what was wrong with the uk you brits didn't like it

So tell why do you have this love blacks / hate whites attitude??? ..........that's the most racist thing I have seen on here.

Sarnia my dear chap, do yourself a favour and leave this thread. You could start your own thread - What Is Good About America, and have a field day!

Why would I want to leave the thread ????............ this is the perfect example of what goes on in the mind of brits..........

OH Really :rolleyes:....that's all you and others have done since day 1............yet you know nothing about living in North America........even saying that the cops should not be armed ...........you really need to accept that the way you police a small overcrowded crime-ridden country don't work anywhere else........but if you're happy with your life in the uk ...........ok by me.

I am happy living in the UK, can't understand why anybody would leave.

love & peace

So tell why do you have this love blacks / hate whites attitude??? ..........that's the most racist thing I have seen on here.

Where did you get that from exactly? It's ok, I already have a pretty good idea...

There's plenty wrong with the UK and there is plenty that is good about the US (and the rest of America too, before you start).

On gun related deaths though, there is clearly no contest. Whatever the reasons are, the outcome - the sheer number of human lives lost or ruined every year - is completely unacceptable for a country that styles itself on being the enlightened leader of the free world.

I am happy living in the UK, can't understand why anybody would leave.

love & peace

OK fair enough............. to each his own ............I have a different opinion about the UK but be happy in your life after all that's what really counts .....

Where did you get that from exactly? It's ok, I already have a pretty good idea...

There's plenty wrong with the UK and there is plenty that is good about the US (and the rest of America too, before you start).

On gun related deaths though, there is clearly no contest. Whatever the reasons are, the outcome - the sheer number of human lives lost or ruined every year - is completely unacceptable for a country that styles itself on being the enlightened leader of the free world.

The only solution will come from the people of the US..........Canada is a bit different but has the same gang banger problem in Toronto and all the big cities....

You'll notice I am not having an argument with you. Because you're a fuc king moron.

So why keep replying ??? Just disappear......you never added anything to the thread except just wanted to show how clever you think you are.......so put in your place by a Canadian who was born in Southampton :D

signed your favorite fuc king moron

So why keep replying ??? Just disappear......you never added anything to the thread except just wanted to show how clever you think you are.......so put in your place by a Canadian who was born in Southampton :D

signed your favorite fuc king moron

It took no effort at all to demonstrate how clever I am compared to you. But you are a fuc king moron after all.

Sarnia my dear chap, do yourself a favour and leave this thread. You could start your own thread - What Is Good About America, and have a field day!

Please don't encourage him. Can you keep him occupied in here for as long as poss please?

It took no effort at all to demonstrate how clever I am compared to you. But you are a fuc king moron after all.

:lol: when did that happen ??? you just keep believing that in your pea sized brain ........never be true but keep believing I'm sure it must help with your delusions and I don't want to f*ck up what ever therapy you are doing :lol:

signed your favorite f*cking moron

So the winner is SarniaSaint...............you all just realized there is more wrong with the UK than the USA..........:lol:

I know I shouldn't laugh at you all cause I was born there ..............but WTF :lol::lol:

Completely this. Well done you winner

So the winner is SarniaSaint...............you all just realized there is more wrong with the UK than the USA..........:lol:

I know I shouldn't laugh at you all cause I was born there ..............but WTF :lol::lol:

What exactly do you think you have 'won' ?

So the winner is SarniaSaint...............you all just realized there is more wrong with the UK than the USA..........[emoji38]

I know I shouldn't laugh at you all cause I was born there ..............but WTF [emoji38][emoji38]

Completely agree.

Nurse! He's out of bed again!!

Sarnia, they are not laughing with you mate, they are laughing at.........

Ahhhhh forget it, it's probably a step too far for you to understand anyway.

Hey I can laugh at myself so if you are laughing at me don't mean a thing.....unlike a lot of you brits you take yourselves way to seriously ............HTH

Edited by SarniaSaint

The debate ......OK

The 'debate' is a discussion on 'What is wrong with America ?'. Everybody but you reckons that there are too many guns, and most also think that the Police are too quick on the draw. Where, in what you have posted, have you successfully countered these notions ?

The 'debate' is a discussion on 'What is wrong with America ?'. Everybody but you reckons that there are #1 too many guns, and most also think that the #2 Police are too quick on the draw. Where, in what you have posted, have you successfully countered these notions ?

#1 - Yes way too many in the wrong hands.......see I do agree with that narrow statement......but don't agree that firearms should be banned to everyone......

#2 - Just because you saw some sensationalized media frenzy reports on brit tv don't think that happens every day cause it dont.............. criminals will still be criminals regardless of skin color ...........but seems to me if your white cant if your black can according to your twisted brit thinking.

HTH