What is wrong with America

Red Alert

Oh dear...........just another reply that is full of your dislike for any one that dares to have a different viewpoint to you...........

You don't like what I say ............that's OK because I don't care what you think of me..........so either try and have a real discussion or just STFU

signed ....Shrinking Violet

LOL. You're the one weeping about how poor little you is "put down every time I say something". Boo hoo.

So make your mind up. Either you don't care what people think or you do.

PS. I am not going to have a real discussion with you. You're a f uck ing moron.

Saw this on another site...

Last year handguns killed this amount of people in each country -

48 Japan

8 Great Britain

34 Switzerland

52 Canada

58 Israel

21 Sweden

42 Germany

and

10,728 USA

God Bless America

Thankfully there is a handgun for nearly every single person in the USA which means they're all able to defend themselves against other people with guns. If no one had any guns that 10,000 would be, like, loads higher.

Yesterday's Times was reporting a 4,000% increase in the sales of confederate flags on Amazon after the shooting of black churchgoers in Charleston. Aside from wondering whether this was a bulk buy from the fake Canuck, the intimate connection between gun enthusiasm and white supremacy has never been more clearly uncovered than after the events of the last few months.

The second amendment is new effectively a white rights clause. It should be consigned to the dustbin, just as the 13th amendment (eventually) was - the one that declared that black saves counted for 3/5th of a human.

Yesterday's Times was reporting a 4,000% increase in the sales of confederate flags on Amazon after the shooting of black churchgoers in Charleston. Aside from wondering whether this was a bulk buy from the fake Canuck, the intimate connection between gun enthusiasm and white supremacy has never been more clearly uncovered than after the events of the last few months.

The second amendment is new effectively a white rights clause. It should be consigned to the dustbin, just as the 13th amendment (eventually) was - the one that declared that black saves counted for 3/5th of a human.

Sounds about right though. Their government suggest one thing and tons of their citizens consider it oppressive and do completely the opposite...Kinda what they do isn't it?

I lived in Orange County, LA for a year. Bits I liked bits I disliked, but I have to admit my Mrs and I found the place very threatening ie, someone taking pop shots at cars on the freeway with a sniper rifle, drive by shootings (we saw the aftermath of one), driving home from work every night and witnessing police arrests, car chases etc etc.

It was basically like living out an episode of LAPD but we continued to live the dream until we purchased our own car instead of leasing, went to pick the car up after doing the paperwork the day before and arrived to find the garage peppered with bullet holes, this was a Ford dealership and not some sideshow Bob. The salesman said that they were the victim of a drive by shooting. He advised us to purchase a gun if we could, he showed us a rifle in his boot which was illegal to carry in a car but he didn't care, he also had a pistol in his glove box, he said that we were nuts to drive about unarmed. He also advised us to never eyeball other drivers at junctions and if you did you were asking for trouble.

This was the mid 90's so things might have changed since then, but we hot tailed back to UK pretty soon after a year. I can't believe people can live like that in constant fear but also I cannot condemn those that own firearms as a means of protection. How you solve the situation over there I don't know but as shown by whats happened in Tunisia in the last day or two, the whole world is becoming a very unsafe place.

Okay then, as you asked for it;

Delusional sense of own righteousness, wilful ignorance of wider society, arrogant repetition of beliefs without consideration of those of others, fearful of a society governed by shared mores rather than an individuals desires, and, to top it all, heavily pro-gun ownership.

Mostly though its the fear; the obvious and sickly fear you have of a world that doesn't share your opinions in general and those of your 'personal safety' in particular - the unease drips from almost every word you type. Although it may be harmless internet chatter you still manage to come across as a likely danger to yourself, though thankfully not to others. Ultimately, despite your posturing, you seem irrevocably, tragically, pathetic.

On this thread alone, you drowned in your own spittle a long time ago, metaphorically shot in the head by your own general of poor arguments and biased research; yet still you wish to claim some pyrrhic 'victory'.

You won, the enclave is burnt down, the siege is over, the children are dead - but hey, guns are still legal and you can whoop and dance in your own flame behind your keyboard for as long into the dark night as you like.

Or, if you prefer;

Nutjob Douchebag

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hey don't hold back ............anything more you want to say ????? ..............:rolleyes::lol:

People can spell things how they want, I'm sure American spellings of words are even more prevalent in Canada than they are in the UK. But the official Canadian English used in universal signage and taught in schools all spell things how I just said, colour, centre, defence etc. and the pronunciation of z as zed (although the American zee is prevalent). Official Canadian English differs to English in that you spell tyre as tire and localisation as localization, there are a few other differences and Canadian English is more of amalgamation of English and American English.

so just what is your point about the spelling of words seems to be a brit obsession .......you said that I don't know the Canadian way to spell and had a LOL at me...........well I do know how to spell OK :)

LOL. You're the one weeping about how poor little you is "put down every time I say something". Boo hoo.

So make your mind up. Either you don't care what people think or you do.

PS. I am not going to have a real discussion with you. You're a f uck ing moron.

Well I certainly don't care what you think..............so don't want a real discussion why???......I know are a self-important know all but to call me a f*cking moron ......well I guess you just confirmed it.

Saw this on another site...

Last year handguns killed this amount of people in each country -

48 Japan

8 Great Britain

34 Switzerland

52 Canada

58 Israel

21 Sweden

42 Germany

and

10,728 USA

God Bless America

Yeah GOD BLESS AMERICA...............:)

Hey you never defined what your definition is of a fake Canuck.!!!.............don't know or just a cheap shot at me ????.............go on waste a post and tell me :)

Sounds about right though. Their government suggest one thing and tons of their citizens consider it oppressive and do completely the opposite...Kinda what they do isn't it?

You do everything the uk gov tells you???............hope not :)

BTW that is the battle flag of the Confederate Virginia Army not the flag of the Confederacy.

Edited by SarniaSaint

I lived in Orange County, LA for a year. Bits I liked bits I disliked, but I have to admit my Mrs and I found the place very threatening ie, someone taking pop shots at cars on the freeway with a sniper rifle, drive by shootings (we saw the aftermath of one), driving home from work every night and witnessing police arrests, car chases etc etc.

It was basically like living out an episode of LAPD but we continued to live the dream until we purchased our own car instead of leasing, went to pick the car up after doing the paperwork the day before and arrived to find the garage peppered with bullet holes, this was a Ford dealership and not some sideshow Bob. The salesman said that they were the victim of a drive by shooting. He advised us to purchase a gun if we could, he showed us a rifle in his boot which was illegal to carry in a car but he didn't care, he also had a pistol in his glove box, he said that we were nuts to drive about unarmed. He also advised us to never eyeball other drivers at junctions and if you did you were asking for trouble.

This was the mid 90's so things might have changed since then, but we hot tailed back to UK pretty soon after a year. I can't believe people can live like that in constant fear but also I cannot condemn those that own firearms as a means of protection. How you solve the situation over there I don't know but as shown by whats happened in Tunisia in the last day or two, the whole world is becoming a very unsafe place.

Hey Billy it depends on where you live............95% of the US is safe only when you get into the big cities is it not ..............I have been to Detroit hundreds of times and you know where to avoid going

Well I certainly don't care what you think..............so don't want a real discussion why???......I know are a self-important know all but to call me a f*cking moron ......well I guess you just confirmed it.

Not really interested. Mainly because you're a fuc king moron.

I have resisted and avoided being dragged down to the brit intelligence level...........just brings personal abuse.......but why should I care :lol:

You were born, and presumably educated, in Britain, so that surely means you have a 'Brit' intelligence level ?

You were born, and presumably educated, in Britain, so that surely means you have a 'Brit' intelligence level ?

So wanting to better my families life and not be one of the herd surely puts me above the brit intelligence level even in your myopic opinion about me...........

Jesus Sarnia, give it a rest. You have no credibility, and I think most people believe you're either a troll or have learning difficulties.

When someone quotes the horrendous handgun death toll numbers and you reply with 'God Bless America', nobody is going to take you anywhere near seriously.

Go careful out there, don't get shot.

Jesus Sarnia, give it a rest. You have no credibility, and I think most people believe you're either a troll or have learning difficulties.

When someone quotes the horrendous handgun death toll numbers and you reply with 'God Bless America', nobody is going to take you anywhere near seriously.

It's the people actually trying to have a debate with him that's the most entertaining thing about this thread :D

I have resisted and avoided being dragged down to the brit intelligence level...........just brings personal abuse.......but why should I care :lol:

There are a ton of sites out there with varying degrees of bias and accuracy, but this list gives what seems to be about the average over all of them.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/

Don't worry.......I wont get shot

It's the people actually trying to have a debate with him that's the most entertaining thing about this thread :D

Would love to have a rational debate..............let me start...............

If the NY State Trooper was not armed how would the prison escapee have been captured ???...........I think this goes to the heart of the thread.

If the NY State Trooper was not armed how would the prison escapee have been captured ???...........I think this goes to the heart of the thread.

The same way prison escapees are captured in the UK, by the use of non-lethal force.

No, this thread is about America's gun problem. Police having guns is not the main problem (although it appears how and when they use them is an issue). The UK police have guns because in some circumstances an armed response is appropriate.

The problem in the US is f*ckwits, criminals and the mentally disturbed being able to easily get their hands on a stockpile of guns designed for military use and as much ammo as they please - that's the heart of the problem.

The circumstances are different. America is a much bigger country and it is quite possible for the searchers to find themselves one-on-one.

Perhaps the officer was justified, perhaps he had no other option, perhaps the escaped murderer 'got what he deserved'; the difference to other Police shootings discussed on here, which sarnie still fails to spot, is that he wasn't an innocent person who might just have missed a stop sign. In sarnie's world, any use of firearms by the Police is ALWAYS justified, and the victim ALWAYS brings it on themselves.

... The problem in the US is f*ckwits, criminals and the mentally disturbed being able to easily get their hands on a stockpile of guns designed for military use and as much ammo as they please - that's the heart of the problem.

Well I see we now have 38 pages - and counting - of variations around this very same point (and assorted playground insults) being endlessly hit to and fro across the N Atlantic in a manner akin to some vast transoceanic game of ping-pong. God knows it should be quite obvious to all that our Canadian friend will never accept what we might call the 'gun-control' viewpoint - however rational that approach might appear to be on our side of the pond. He in turn really should have comprehended by now that very few on here can agree with his attitude.

So everyone either agrees to move on and try and find something more productive to do with their time, or this futile game carries on until we all die of boredom. Your choice fella's ...

PS - can the mods please confirm whether everyone on here now has 'carte blanche' to blatantly circumvent the forum swear filter with apparent impunity, or is this a special privilege reserved for a select few only?

Well I see we now have 38 pages - and counting - of variations around this very same point (and assorted playground insults) being endlessly hit to and fro across the N Atlantic in a manner akin to some vast transoceanic game of ping-pong. God knows it should be quite obvious to all that our Canadian friend will never accept what we might call the 'gun-control' viewpoint - however rational that approach might appear to be on our side of the pond. He in turn really should have comprehended by now that very few on here can agree with his attitude.

So everyone either agrees to move on and try and find something more productive to do with their time, or this futile game carries on until we all die of boredom. Your choice fella's ...

PS - can the mods please confirm whether everyone on here now has 'carte blanche' to blatantly circumvent the forum swear filter with apparent impunity, or is this a special privilege reserved for a select few only?

Thank heavens someone turns up every 50 or so posts to tell us how pointless this thread is.

You clearly haven't read the thread anywhere near carefully enough. Sarnia is a nuisance, certainly, but the most interesting posts on this thread, and the strands of argument, have nothing to do with him/her. So please don't do a pompous number on the rest of us, calling for the thread to be closed because it offends your delicate sensibilities.

One of the reasons it's so long - the key one, actually - is that it coincided with an extraordinary sequence of events in the US in which mostly black men were shot and otherwise murdered by cops and white supremacists. One lesson learned from this - or at least it's clearer now - is that the right to bear arms is a white rights issue.

So, again to avoid the use of language that clearly offend you, and to quote Dorothy Parker, I have two words for you and the second one is 'off'.