Morgan's double money offer

lambjo1976

You do realise that form changes and that over the next 6 games, we won't all get the same number of points?

Of course, but we have collected only half the points of all the others despite our so-called "easy run in" of games against lower position teams. Even if we pick up the pace again there is no sign of any of them collapsing.

No, we can't you thick f**k.

You've had it explained to you in absolute noddy terms but your feeble mind is totally unable to grasp why. Stick to dot 2 dot you utter div.

Jesus mate, you need to relax or do you take this discussion that seriously, theres no need to be so abusive and i guess if you think i can only do dot to dot, then how can you blame me for not getting it?

anyway, this is what Redslo and he came across as someone who knew what he was talking about..

According to FM 2015, he is making 34K per week. Doubling that would cost an additional 1.8 million a year. This would make him our highest paid player. That can easily be covered by this year's trading profits and still keep the club well under the salary cap.

We can afford to pay a few players high wages--just not as high as the bigger clubs and we cannot pay everyone those kind of wages. Just to illustrate FM 2015 says that Manchester United has 17 players on their roster making more than Schneiderlin would be making if Southampton doubled his salary. This includes, by the way, Luke Shaw whom they believe is making 110K per week. Arsenal has 14 players making more--yet Arsenal's salaries as a whole are much lower than Manchester United, but I digress.

My point is that FFP does not stop us from signing Schneiderlin, Clyne, and Alderweireld to big contracts--we just can't sign everyone to big contracts. And if we can afford to pay Schneiderlin an additional 1.8 million a year, Arsenal can afford to pay him an additional 1.8 million a year beyond that and Manchester United can afford another 1.8 million on top of that.

and in a literal sense we can afford it as our owner is worth £4b.

I would be very surprised if Morgan were to stay even if we achieved CL football next season. He says he wants to play for a big club. It will take a number of years of constant success before we could claim to be a big club. All we can aspire to is to be the best of the rest. Arsenal, Chelsea, ManUre, Liverpool, Citeh are well above us even if we finish higher than some of them this year.

Jesus mate, you need to relax or do you take this discussion that seriously, theres no need to be so abusive and i guess if you think i can only do dot to dot, then how can you blame me for not getting it?

anyway, this is what Redslo and he came across as someone who knew what he was talking about..

According to FM 2015, he is making 34K per week. Doubling that would cost an additional 1.8 million a year. This would make him our highest paid player. That can easily be covered by this year's trading profits and still keep the club well under the salary cap.

We can afford to pay a few players high wages--just not as high as the bigger clubs and we cannot pay everyone those kind of wages. Just to illustrate FM 2015 says that Manchester United has 17 players on their roster making more than Schneiderlin would be making if Southampton doubled his salary. This includes, by the way, Luke Shaw whom they believe is making 110K per week. Arsenal has 14 players making more--yet Arsenal's salaries as a whole are much lower than Manchester United, but I digress.

My point is that FFP does not stop us from signing Schneiderlin, Clyne, and Alderweireld to big contracts--we just can't sign everyone to big contracts. And if we can afford to pay Schneiderlin an additional 1.8 million a year, Arsenal can afford to pay him an additional 1.8 million a year beyond that and Manchester United can afford another 1.8 million on top of that.

Just give up pal. You dont have a clue.

No, we can't you thick f**k.

You've had it explained to you in absolute noddy terms but your feeble mind is totally unable to grasp why. Stick to dot 2 dot you utter div.

Many times I see these type of reactions from you.

I would suggest to think before writing these unkind words to fellow fans of the Saints!!

In Japan it is to lose one's honour by publically appearing to lose your senses, even briefly. Many do not recover.

We live in a world of different opinions, beliefs and cultures. Embrace it young boy, or else it will swallow you up!

Yuki

Where did it say we can pay £120k per week? Is that behind those clouds again?

im sure we could pay someone a million pound a week, if all the other salaries were adjusted accordingly so not to break the fair play rules

obviously, we really wont

Where did it say we can pay £120k per week? Is that behind those clouds again?

its quite clear that we could pay anything we wanted to a small number of players whilst still complying.

FFP is about the whole scheme of things, not whether we can pay one player a maximum amount of money.

Whether its the right thing to do from a business sense or ethical etc. is a completely different question.

And what the big clubs pay and competing with them is again, a different question.

its quite clear that we could pay anything we wanted to a small number of players whilst still complying.

FFP is about the whole scheme of things, not whether we can pay one player a maximum amount of money.

Whether its the right thing to do from a business sense or ethical etc. is a completely different question.

And what the big clubs pay and competing with them is again, a different question.

Go on, mention how much our owner is worth again :lol:

that's another post from you that fails to answer the point, just like the Cortese signings eh?

Pretty clear wasn't it? Lambert and Fonte, the two outstanding signings of the Cortese era, were both made by by Alan Pardew.

The point of my post from which you quoted is that we could afford to pay a few players a lot more than we are paying them now. But 120K pounds a week is nearly twice the offer to double Schneiderlin's pay that is supposedly on the table. That would increase our total salary by nearly 4.5 million a year. We could only a afford a couple of those before we would be running out of salary cap space and it would limit our spending to bring in new players. Since FFP limits Liebherr's ability to just throw money at the situation--and, in any case, she supposedly wants the club to pay its own way from now on--it is not practical to pay that much. The problem would be compounded in all players thought they should be given raises because Schneiderlin was getting 120k per week. I assume this would happen.

I just wish that people would stop equating reality to Football Manager, it's a video game for overgrown children that means absolutely ferk all, you know like Monopoly and buying Mayfair for 400£ or whatever it is. Toby Alderweireld is our highest paid player and as he was on 80000£ a week approximately at Atletico I can't see him being on less.

Furthermore if someone would like to point me in the direction of a Forbes list entry showing our owner being worth 4 billion (ie not Willi and Isolde but Katharina) I'd be interested.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I just wish that people would stop equating reality to Football Manager, it's a video game for overgrown children that means absolutely ferk all, you know like Monopoly and buying Mayfair for 400£ or whatever it is. Toby Alderweireld is our highest paid player and as he was on 80000£ a week approximately at Atletico I can't see him being on less.

Furthermore if someone would like to point me in the direction of a Forbes list entry showing our owner being worth 4 billion (ie not Willi and Isolde but Katharina) I'd be interested.

If you think that the people who put together the FM database do not have access to more accurate information than some random poster you are badly mistaken. Football clubs pay big money for access to their database. It doesn't mean that it is completely accurate all the time in all respects and I certainly wouldn't use to it second guess Ronald Koeman's game strategies but it is a perfectly reasonable source for salary information--absent access to the actual player contracts.

It is interesting to me that you will only accept a Forbes list entry showing that Katharina is a rich billionaire. While I agree that Forbes is a reasonable source for this kind of information, there is no reason to believe that their billionaire ratings are any more accurate than FM's salary listings. They are both compiled by a group of expert outsiders doing their best to estimate specific numbers from incomplete information. There are certainly several other sources that say that Liebherr is a billionaire and none of us have any idea how much of the money attributed to Willi and Isolde is actually Katharina's. It certainly appears that Markus Lieberr was very rich and Katharina inherited his money.

Finally, your gratuitous insult to people who play FM (or by implication) any other video game demonstrates your fundamental bias and ignorance. One might as well say that being a fan of the Southampton football club is an activity for overgrown children than means absolutely nothing. The same description could be applied to any other hobby--except, of course, cleaning windows and posting on this forum.

Pretty clear wasn't it? Lambert and Fonte, the two outstanding signings of the Cortese era, were both made by by Alan Pardew.

there you go again. What about Lovren and Wanyama, do they not count?

Jeez, you are so predictable. I remember this forum having a meltdown on the singing of GR (I wonder what you said back then?) but he turned out bad so its Cortese's fault.

DO was bought by MP wasn't he?

But that's Cortese's fault.

RL and JF were bought by Pardew, nothing to do with Cortese.

In fact anyone decent was bought by the manager and anyone **** was bought by the CEO.

You couldn't make it up (well, you could)

:lol:

The point of my post from which you quoted is that we could afford to pay a few players a lot more than we are paying them now. But 120K pounds a week is nearly twice the offer to double Schneiderlin's pay that is supposedly on the table. That would increase our total salary by nearly 4.5 million a year. We could only a afford a couple of those before we would be running out of salary cap space and it would limit our spending to bring in new players. Since FFP limits Liebherr's ability to just throw money at the situation--and, in any case, she supposedly wants the club to pay its own way from now on--it is not practical to pay that much. The problem would be compounded in all players thought they should be given raises because Schneiderlin was getting 120k per week. I assume this would happen.

I understand all that but my point has always (and only been), if we wanted to pay MS or NC that kind of money, which aside from the business model and the player politics, it would be possible. I point this out and get slaughtered for it but technically I am right.

there you go again. What about Lovren and Wanyama, do they not count?

Jeez, you are so predictable. I remember this forum having a meltdown on the singing of GR (I wonder what you said back then?) but he turned out bad so its Cortese's fault.

DO was bought by MP wasn't he?

But that's Cortese's fault.

RL and JF were bought by Pardew, nothing to do with Cortese.

In fact anyone decent was bought by the manager and anyone **** was bought by the CEO.

You couldn't make it up (well, you could)

:lol:

So you think an Italian banker based in Switzerland would have an intimate knowledge of the lower leagues if English football so much so that one of the first signings he said he'd make when he became CEO of a league one English football club was a chap called Rickie Lambert from Bristol rovers do you?! :lol: keep 'em coming, you're doing really well today :lol::lol::lol:

So you think an Italian banker based in Switzerland would have an intimate knowledge of the lower leagues if English football so much so that one of the first signings he said he'd make when he became CEO of a league one English football club was a chap called Rickie Lambert from Bristol rovers do you?! :lol: keep 'em coming, you're doing really well today :lol::lol::lol:

What an idiot he is. Everyone knows it was Markus who signed SRL.

You've used that one before, if that's all you have got then just say so. Or better still explain what was different about the Loveen and Wanyama signings to Ramires and Osvaldo.

Or you could just avoid it again.

it would be great if someone could dig your comments following the Ramires singing, :lol:

You've used that one before, if that's all you have got then just say so. Or better still explain what was different about the Loveen and Wanyama signings to Ramires and Osvaldo.

Or you could just avoid it again.

it would be great if someone could dig your comments following the Ramires singing, :lol:

It's right though isn't it. You don't like it because it's true and proves I'm right. However, Wanyama I'll give you. Lovren however, a complete c*nt who was good for half a season then disappeared up his own arseh*le, now proving he was made to look good by that great Alan Pardew signing Jose Fonte. So what youre saying is of the 4 biggest signings of the Cortese era only one of them worked out and the best signings were made by a manger he fired. I'll tell you something though pal. None of them are on £120k a week. Even Cortese managed to work that one out :lol:

I understand all that but my point has always (and only been), if we wanted to pay MS or NC that kind of money, which aside from the business model and the player politics, it would be possible. I point this out and get slaughtered for it but technically I am right.

You keep going then. We can pay £120k pw, if we ignore that we will either head for Administration again, or **** off most of the playing squad. Yes, that makes you right. Genius

You keep going then. We can pay £120k pw, if we ignore that we will either head for Administration again, or **** off most of the playing squad. Yes, that makes you right. Genius

Depends who it is but not sure paying a Morgan big money would necessarily alienate others. You see it in other sports that operate a wage cap: if a player has proved his worth to the team and that's the price necessary to keep him and the team competitive, then fair enough: you 'pay the man'. What's politically tricky, rather, is paying new signings, outsiders disproportionately more money, even if they may be worth it.

.........According to FM 2015............

Hmmm. OK. Is that your kind of reality then? Oh dear.

And then again, I guess you are right: I suppose we could pay 1 player 250k per week. But then what would we do for the rest of the squad? OK, in FM you can get it all sorted. My bad

And then again, I guess you are right: I suppose we could pay 1 player 250k per week. But then what would we do for the rest of the squad? OK, in FM you can get it all sorted. My bad

not my original quote

its not FFP stopping us from paying someone 120k p/w. If we chucked 120k pw at Clyne, Morgan and Toby we'd be ok, it's just a huge risk to tie up so much money in wages on three players who could get injured, lose form or fall out of favour. Then we'd also have to start paying that sort of money to any new big signings. Not sustainable to a club without European football.

This thread has descended into the usual drivel. Squabbling over if we could pay Morgan £120k a week and still comply with FFP - yes we technically could. Would we do it? No, because it would make our whole ethos invalid, unsettle the rest of the squad etc etc.

The point was around us doubling Morgan's money and would he be prepared to stay as a result?

And i'd say no he wouldn't. He wants to play for a big club so he will push to leave in the summer regardless of any contract we offer (or where we finish), which quite clearly a big club could match/exceed if signing him was just a question of wages, which it isn't.

He's been fantastic for us, is the best player we have and has been for me throughout our rise (even when bizarrely, some people preferred a central midfield of Chaplow and Hammond, but that is another argument entirely) - i'm gutted to see him leave, but pretty much resigned to it. Hopefully to Barca or someone, rather than a team in England, so we don't have to see him turn out against us (apart from in the Champions League, which i could handle if that happened).

This thread has descended into the usual drivel. Squabbling over if we could pay Morgan £120k a week and still comply with FFP - yes we technically could. Would we do it? No, because it would make our whole ethos invalid, unsettle the rest of the squad etc etc.

The point was around us doubling Morgan's money and would he be prepared to stay as a result?

And i'd say no he wouldn't. He wants to play for a big club so he will push to leave in the summer regardless of any contract we offer (or where we finish), which quite clearly a big club could match/exceed if signing him was just a question of wages, which it isn't.

He's been fantastic for us, is the best player we have and has been for me throughout our rise (even when bizarrely, some people preferred a central midfield of Chaplow and Hammond, but that is another argument entirely) - i'm gutted to see him leave, but pretty much resigned to it. Hopefully to Barca or someone, rather than a team in England, so we don't have to see him turn out against us (apart from in the Champions League, which i could handle if that happened).

Cheers for bringing a bit of sanity back to the thread, Crinny. Completely agree with your post.

After watching the A.r.s.e v Manure on Monday I'm not quite sure Morgan will fit into Wengers current squad.The speed at which they played was awesome at times.I just don't see how we can pay one player three times as much as another without some form of unrest bubbling up.I want him to stay but Manure is probably his best move.

Many times I see these type of reactions from you.

I would suggest to think before writing these unkind words to fellow fans of the Saints!!

In Japan it is to lose one's honour by publically appearing to lose your senses, even briefly. Many do not recover.

We live in a world of different opinions, beliefs and cultures. Embrace it young boy, or else it will swallow you up!

Yuki

Very well said Yuki. It is also quite easy to avoid such offensive and distressing remarks by placing the perpetrator's on one's ignore list. Clearly support is not "as one".

After watching the A.r.s.e v Manure on Monday I'm not quite sure Morgan will fit into Wengers current squad.The speed at which they played was awesome at times.I just don't see how we can pay one player three times as much as another without some form of unrest bubbling up.I want him to stay but Manure is probably his best move.

Looked like Madrid could do with him watching last night's performance

Actually, the knock off effects of paying one player a very high salary are probably worse in FM than in real life. In FM you can't effectively talk to the other players one to one and explain things.

its not FFP stopping us from paying someone 120k p/w. If we chucked 120k pw at Clyne, Morgan and Toby we'd be ok, it's just a huge risk to tie up so much money in wages on three players who could get injured, lose form or fall out of favour. Then we'd also have to start paying that sort of money to any new big signings. Not sustainable to a club without European football.

Exactly. To the bolded part I would add "or a hundred million in commercial revenue or a big new stadium that is already paid for ala West Ham."