The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

For now, that is the case. But as it spreads and quality of illegal streams improves there's a danger of a tragedy of the commons occurring.

Nah. Game of thrones is the most illegally downloaded show of this year but it doesn't stop millions more signing up for hbo.

• 2 weeks later...

I used sportsmania last year. There used to be a list of events scheduled for the next few days so that you could dip in and out of elite subscription as and when you saw something you wanted to watch. Now it seems that you can't see anything without elite subscription. Same thing applies with my Raspberry Pi Kodi app. No listings. Any idea whats going on?

I used sportsmania last year. There used to be a list of events scheduled for the next few days so that you could dip in and out of elite subscription as and when you saw something you wanted to watch. Now it seems that you can't see anything without elite subscription. Same thing applies with my Raspberry Pi Kodi app. No listings. Any idea whats going on?

I have a paid subscription and can see the full listings on my laptop and kodi.

I think you need to pay to see all of that.

Thanks for info Batman & Plastic. I'll try a short term subscription when something interesting is on to see what happens.

Currently they have so many 24/7 channels showing it's hard not to find something to watch and soon as the season starts theree will be dedicated PL channels and Willo is adding channels every week. He is virtually making your sports subs not required. And I wished I had taken a punt on lifetime at £70 last year as well.

Currently they have so many 24/7 channels showing it's hard not to find something to watch and soon as the season starts theree will be dedicated PL channels and Willo is adding channels every week. He is virtually making your sports subs not required. And I wished I had taken a punt on lifetime at £70 last year as well.

agree with that. never saw the lifetime thingy at all. Would have signed up

Thanks to Sportsnation, got rid of BT and sky sports

Edit - Just had a look. Lifetime fee is available. £150 though, so signed up.

Edited by Batman

agree with that. never saw the lifetime thingy at all. Would have signed up

Thanks to Sportsnation, got rid of BT and sky sports

Edit - Just had a look. Lifetime fee is available. £150 though, so signed up.

I thought about doing the lifetime sign up last season but what happens when it's shut down or reborn as something else? I go for the 6 month option (which was £25 quid or something last season). Bargain.

Onto my 2nd 6 month subscription, brilliant service and tempted by the lifetime but guaranteed to close down the day after I buy it...

This is literally my worry too! However the 6 month subscription is worth it- the one I always buy!

If I could easily integrate with the Kodi Ontapp.TV addon, I'd be on this. Unfortunately no one maintains a local.ini file for SNHD - so I'm sticking with OffsideStreams for now.

to add this to Kodi was fairly easy. Sportsnation has a guide on their website on what to do. Took about 5 mins or so after reading it.

works a treat and there are loads of channels on there

Anyone know if the Vitesse away leg will be covered and accessible via sportsmania. Thinking of signing up and this could be the incentive I need.

Willow will do his upmost to accommodate his members and if it is on and he can get a stream he will show it. It will be worth it for the games all in in hd next season alone. It works out at £1.00 a week so go for it

Anyone know if the Vitesse away leg will be covered and accessible via sportsmania. Thinking of signing up and this could be the incentive I need.

I'm another £20 for 6 months subscriber.It was a bit hit and miss on my laptop and on an android stream box I got off Amazon. However, on iOS and on my raspberry Pi running Kodi it is awesome. I fully echo other comments regarding the customer service - it's better than anything I have experienced in any other company.

If I could easily integrate with the Kodi Ontapp.TV addon, I'd be on this. Unfortunately no one maintains a local.ini file for SNHD - so I'm sticking with OffsideStreams for now.

OSS has been very reliable the past few months after a few issues earlier this year.

And TUSFILES seems a good source for the odd movie on Genesis

to add this to Kodi was fairly easy. Sportsnation has a guide on their website on what to do. Took about 5 mins or so after reading it.

works a treat and there are loads of channels on there

I know I can add their addon easily enough - but that's not what I was saying. I'd like it integrated with my EPG addon (OnTapp.TV) - it brings together channels from multiple addons into an EPG which is far better than using individual addons. Not a big issue for most people - but as OSS can be integrated, it's a deal breaker for me.

I have been using it since early last season and it has come on leaps and bounds over the season, I have watched boxing, ufc and every sort of footy game going on there and as was said above willow will stream it if he can find it.

He also does Video on Demand so you can watch the above late night PPV's as soon as you get up the next day etc.

After looking at various option from StarSports, getting a NBC account off ebay, I have decided to give sportsnation a go.

Looks good so far, works great with Kodi, streams are good quality HD. With a long list of channels from all around the world.

If it last it will be well worth it.

Cheers to those that recommended it.

After looking at various option from StarSports, getting a NBC account off ebay, I have decided to give sportsnation a go.

Looks good so far, works great with Kodi, streams are good quality HD. With a long list of channels from all around the world.

If it last it will be well worth it.

Cheers to those that recommended it.

Plus 1, signed up last night.

Their website looks a bit ropey but streams via Kodi so far seem flawless and using widi wirelessly links to my hd tv with no problems.

Thanks to whoever recommended this, I'm ringing up sky tonight to cancel my sports subscription.

Yeah it is quality, seriously not just for football and they are expanding their channels and sports coverage all the time. I do love the Video On Demand bit as well though so you can watch those boxing or UFC fights as soon as you get up rather than stay up till 4am.

Yeah it is quality, seriously not just for football and they are expanding their channels and sports coverage all the time. I do love the Video On Demand bit as well though so you can watch those boxing or UFC fights as soon as you get up rather than stay up till 4am.

And not pay the £25.00 or what ever sky want to charge you [emoji4]

Surely this can't go on forever though... its quite popular now and loads of Saints on there. He's changed domains a few times and come back so maybe he's one step ahead. See how far my £20-odd gets me this season.

As a previous happy customer of sports nation.i now have an android box running kodi, through a VPN for less than a fiver a month.will wait for a bit to see if it's worth re subscribing. Get all the sky & BT channels now.The VPN made a big difference. Any others going this way?

As a previous happy customer of sports nation.i now have an android box running kodi, through a VPN for less than a fiver a month.will wait for a bit to see if it's worth re subscribing. Get all the sky & BT channels now.The VPN made a big difference. Any others going this way?

Out of curiosity why through a VPN?

Please ignore the ignorance... I have been using Sportsnatiopn/Mania since the start of last season, it's really good.

Can someone please educate me about Kodi. I have read up that it is a program I can download for my laptop to play streams through. Is a laptop required or does one of these android boxes remove the laptop from the set up? If i can get it set up in the lounge and have it controlled with a remote then sky sports is going. Be useful to see how others have it set-up and how Kodi enhances the experience.

WTF? I've just lgged on to Sportsmania to renew my subscription for tonight, and when I click their link to do that I just get a message saying "There are no products available to purchase. Please try again later".

Anybody else had similar problems?

Please ignore the ignorance... I have been using Sportsnatiopn/Mania since the start of last season, it's really good.

Can someone please educate me about Kodi. I have read up that it is a program I can download for my laptop to play streams through. Is a laptop required or does one of these android boxes remove the laptop from the set up? If i can get it set up in the lounge and have it controlled with a remote then sky sports is going. Be useful to see how others have it set-up and how Kodi enhances the experience.

A box does indeed remove the need for laptop. There are a ton of different options but I personally cant recommend the Amazon FireTV box enough. Works flawlessly.

Out of curiosity why through a VPN?

Even through kodi quite a few add ons were still being blocked.did a little research all paths lead to VPN .It worked for me so not complaining.just wish I had better Internet.

My android box works much better than my laptop & pc with kodi

A box does indeed remove the need for laptop. There are a ton of different options but I personally cant recommend the Amazon FireTV box enough. Works flawlessly.

I agree 100%!

Ive got mine running through an M8 android box which works fine but i put KODI on a mates Fire TV as its quite fiddly to do but well worth it, im thinking of buying one myself and sticking the M8 in the kids room!

Very slick piece of kit

I know I can add their addon easily enough - but that's not what I was saying. I'd like it integrated with my EPG addon (OnTapp.TV) - it brings together channels from multiple addons into an EPG which is far better than using individual addons. Not a big issue for most people - but as OSS can be integrated, it's a deal breaker for me.

I use it with IVue and its perfect

Takes a while to favourite and link all the channels though

I agree 100%!

Ive got mine running through an M8 android box which works fine but i put KODI on a mates Fire TV as its quite fiddly to do but well worth it, im thinking of buying one myself and sticking the M8 in the kids room!

Very slick piece of kit

Beware you can only run sportsmania on one box at a time, if you try to log in on 2 devices at the same time your account will be suspended.