The Post European Moan Thread

Suhari

None of which is really relevant though until we qualify and know who else is in there with us. It's the ranking that would determine the seeding, we could increase our coefficient but unluckily find more teams with higher scores than us qualify as well that time round, or conversely we could climb the rankings with a lower coefficient depending on other qualifiers.

You realise I was posting reams of crap on this kind of nonsense pre-season, right? :D

I assure you it makes a huge difference how many points England's coefficient is worth relative to every other country, probably more than the teams who actually make it. England's coefficient is vital for Saints especially with Saints' lack of recent Euro points, and that base national coefficient figure can move a club up and down tens of places, it's far more likely to impact our ranking and seeding than the numerous individual instances of high or low ranked teams making it into the draw, which will tend to even out across the whole of Europe.

You realise I was posting reams of crap on this kind of nonsense pre-season, right? :D

I assure you it makes a huge difference how many points England's coefficient is worth relative to every other country, probably more than the teams who actually make it. England's coefficient is vital for Saints especially with Saints' lack of recent Euro points, and that base national coefficient figure can move a club up and down tens of places, it's far more likely to impact our ranking and seeding than the numerous individual instances of high or low ranked teams making it into the draw, which will tend to even out across the whole of Europe.

Something in the paper this morning (or yesterday) about this. Apparently Europa League counts the same as Champions League as far as coefficients are concerned.

Something in the paper this morning (or yesterday) about this. Apparently Europa League counts the same as Champions League as far as coefficients are concerned.

Not true, see the regulations above - there are an extra 4 points for CL group stage qualification and making the last 16. All the other points are the same.

Not true, see the regulations above - there are an extra 4 points for CL group stage qualification and making the last 16. All the other points are the same.

Ok.

I also saw an argument that Man Utd are better off in the Europa League because they have more chance of winning it and hence qualifying for next year's Champion's League.

• 1 month later...
Would love to see United get turned over, but they seem to have a bit of an upturn.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

If FCM are as nigglly and time-wasting as they were against us, then it won't be straight forward. Although they have lost their top CB to celtic..

• 2 weeks later...

Aw, love them, and Skate Ian Darke just couldn't believe tiny Midtjylland could think they could beat mighty Man U, despite them beating Saints, despite Saints beating Man U etc.

So much cobblers being talked about how they wouldn't have expected to beat Man U. They beat us. We're a point behind Man U.

Wish I'd had a few quid on Midgetland when I saw they were 6/1 to win earlier.

Van Gaal looks like a beaten man, hope he sticks around long enough to help us finish above Man Utd

They went out to around 17/2 on Betfair Exchange before kick off.

It confirms what I've felt for most of the season. Manure are a poor team with a pretty clueless manager.

Their present league position is false as the result of a string of barely-deserved boring draws and narrow wins. I'll be surprised if they finish in the top seven, particularly as Van Gaal is now a marked man and I don't think the team or fans are behind him.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

6f09ac2c8049cdba5ef3c8bd20b03465.jpg

Perhaps the Danish fans could respond with a banner showing Man U's income vs Midtjyllands income? It is a bit rich from Man U fans to expect a club with a ground capacity of about 10k not to put the prices up for this match. No sense of reality or consideration for smaller clubs in this latest ticket row.