SAINTS v Man United - Match Thread

Batman

Going forward has been more disappointing than defence. This season is going to be very average

Average would be 14th, and I'd rip your hand off for that no, even 17th would be fantastic. Had a nasty feeling about this season since the Everton game. Genuine people prospect of being relegated unless the tactics improve, Bertrand comes back at full steam or unless the January window can undo the hideous errors from the summer.

Soares - total waste of money, and lack of ambition. If he's not good enough to start today, don't buy him. Yoshida at full back never works. As for Martina, he reminds me of Torquays defending yesterday.

Juanmi - wtf is Koemans problem?

We are 2-1 down, let's bring on Davis, nice one Ronald.

Makes me feel wonder if he has the Dutch job lined up, not focused at all.

Leaving aside the needless insult aimed at those who see it differently to you, don't you think that we were set up to absorb pressure and attack on the break rather than use the full backs to supplement our width in a more attacking style?

And if not, where do you think it has broken down today?

Why? It was working till we stopped exploiting the space between Blind and Rojo and Mane for some reason was moved to the right. Above all, we went negative after our opener; the entire four dropped off, helped by Wanyama and Romeu and compounded by individual mistakes. Yoshida's was the standout; but cumulatively Fonte had a poorer game, with VVD not far behind. Soares would have added little, except defensive limitations, if the rest of the side wasn't being more positive.

Edited by shurlock

That 3rd goal was absolutely shocking. The worst period of play under Koeman.

Excellent 30 minutes at the beginning & last 5. The rest appalling. Yoshida makes a mistake every solitary game.

I am normally a half full type of chap, but for the third goal all of us are shouting for them to Saints to make a tackle...................

That said, the first is offside. The Rojo kick on JWP would have been a penalty at OT & Clattenburg would have booked Morgan for the challenges he made today if he played for Saints.

Why? It was working till we stopped exploiting the space between Blind and Rojo and Mane for some reason was moved to the right. Above all, we went negative after our opener; the entire four dropped off, helped by Wanyama and Romeu and compounded by individual mistakes. Yoshida's was the standout; but cumulatively Fonte had a poorer game, with VVD not far behind. Soares would have added little, except defensive limitations, if the rest of the team isn't being more positive.

Fair enough - that would have been better as your first post.

I see it differently. United recognized their own vulnerability and acted to minimize it. With more overlap in our full back positions, at least on the right, we could have placed the same duo under more pressure because of the extra man they needed to worry about. As we saw at the end, United don't cope well with that kind of pressure.

Having picked both Wanyama and Romeu, we could - and should - have been more courageous with the RB selection.

Opinions, eh? :)