SAINTS v Man United - Match Thread

Batman

way too easy

neville summing it up well

has no idea why we have changed it around so much

It's really weird. Why have we changed around so much? Why did we stop exploiting them the same we we had been in the first 30 minutes? Just bizarre.

Mind you, an offside goal and a colossal f*ck up from Yoshida to gift two goals doesn't help. But jesus christ. Its just annoying that it always feels like against big teams in big games we can start well, and then we're always the masters of our own demise.

Anyway its still the beginning of the season, its a long way to go yet! We have good players, a good team and a good manager, we just need to settle down a bit and stick to something and we'll get there.

Forget the purple patch at the start. Koeman's starting line up, with Yoshida in over Soares, surrendered the home advantage and left us to attack on the counter, if we could get hold of the ball. He picked a "pinch a point" away team with no overlap attacking width on either side.

As much as I like him, Koeman's starting line-up decisions are beginning to really frustrate me.

People have said this before and I agree...we will learn much more about Koeman and the ill-named Black Box this year than last.

Last year most of our signings were like for like and even with a number of the core still around we ran out of steam. This year we had to come up with something slightly new and we again signed like for likes without changing the way we play to accommodate them, only we now have figured out we can't play like we did and are starting from scratch with the season started.

I guess we'll be fine as long as we beat the Norwiches, Swanseas and Bournemouths at home and beat the 0-0 away draw record.

Hollowed out little feeder club, with those who are left that are any good just waiting for their moves. Pressing game dead, as are the days when we had full backs that pushed up and got in behind.

Rather have Martina Hingis at left back than that streak of ****

True, but he is no Hooiveld either, so we should be fine.

The problem is more on the FB section- I wonder what Koeman thinks of Cedric to start Yoshida over him. And Martina, well...Bertrand should be coming soon.

FB is not the reason we're losing the game; but hey simpletons simplify and scapegoat.

FB is not the reason we're losing the game; but hey simpletons simplify and scapegoat.

Leaving aside the needless insult aimed at those who see it differently to you, don't you think that we were set up to absorb pressure and attack on the break rather than use the full backs to supplement our width in a more attacking style?

And if not, where do you think it has broken down today?