Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I'm glad that you're the moral arbiter on this forum. Thank goodness that we can take our cues from you. So what was the cutoff point? Friday it was disgusting and disrespectful but Sunday you can return to your grandstanding and pomposity with impunity?

Oh my God you have even resorted to using the same language now! What next I wonder - will you be moving in together?

:scared:

One poster in particular said that Muslims (he didn't specify terrorists so I assume he means all of them) are a threat because of what is written in the Koran. Another presented figures in a way that tried to shown Muslims in a particular light. Help me find the quote about killing all Muslims and I will give you the context.

Where did someone try to use stats to show that all Muslims are a threat?

Worth reposting for those using stats to try and prove that we are at risk from all Muslims in this country.

A few miles up the road from me you will find plenty of Christian women with 15 kids. In fact the woman over the road in a council house has 6 with another on the way.

Really, like what exactly?
That took 20 seconds looking at this page alone.

For goodness sake soggy, why is it that you can't see what is staring everybody else in the face?

One poster in particular said that Muslims (he didn't specify terrorists so I assume he means all of them) are a threat because of what is written in the Koran. Another presented figures in a way that tried to shown Muslims in a particular light. Help me find the quote about killing all Muslims and I will give you the context.

And if this is the other post you'referring to:

Muslims make up 4.3% of the UK population. 14.1% of the prison population. 12% of French population and 70% of prison population.

then you really do need to get a grip on yourself. They're just numbers. No comment, no accusation, just numbers. I found them quite interesting.

Stop making stuff up.

For goodness sake soggy, why is it that you can't see what is staring everybody else in the face?

And if this is the other post you'referring to:

then you really do need to get a grip on yourself. They're just numbers. No comment, no accusation, just numbers. I found them quite interesting.

Stop making stuff up.

I am not making things up. Where did he specify terrorists?

You've filled this thread up with posts of made up stuff, only you know why you do it I guess.

Really, like what exactly?

That took 20 seconds looking at this page alone.

1. Yep stand by that. 2. So my quote about 15 kids is a lie and the one about Muslim women with 15 kids is ok? 3. ?
You asked for evidence of where you're posting made up stuff, I've shown you, (from one page alone) what more do you want now?

Lets face it, if they were good practising Muslims or Christians they mostly wouldnt be in prison. The fact that most of the recent European bombers and terrorists have a criminal record for things like drugs would suggest they arent really muslims. Claiming a religious belief to justify theft, rape, slavery, war and sadism seems closer to the truth to me.

Edited by buctootim

You asked for evidence of where you're posting made up stuff, I've shown you, (from one page alone) what more do you want now?

How do you know that Christian people in areas around Ashford don't have 15 kids? Feel free to come over and meet my neighbour and her 6 kids.

I will try and explain this one more time for you referring to posts #320, #325 & #326. Muslims obviously follow their Holy Book very closely. Apparently they (according to some interpretations) should kill all Infidels. It is written in their book he says. Therefore it follows that all Muslims are a potential threat if you follow his reasoning. There was an element of back tracking when he said "a hell of a lot" but at no time did he specify extremists, he just talks about Muslims. He interprets the Koran as a book that incites violence against the non believers. I interpret his posts that all Muslims pose a threat.

Takes 20 seconds to check - ike all your made up stuff really. You've still not explained why you do it.

So you have checked about my neighbour and if so will find that she does have 6 kids and is up the duff with number 7. How did you get on with the numbers of kids around Ashford?

Cont.... some 35% said they felt most British people did not trust Muslims and a fifth said they thought Western liberal; society could never be compatible with Islam. Of those polled 95% felt a loyalty to Britain while 93% believed that Muslims in Britain should always obey British laws. Nearly 20% of Muslim women questioned said they felt unsafe in Britain compared with 10% of men (there is that 10% again Mr Fry!).

So then, when it comes to spinning figures you might like to ask the poster who only put two stats from the survey and in the negative form in his initial post what his aim was instead of having a pop at me.

Are you losing the plot? Sorry to sound rude, but 95% felt loyalty to Britain and 93% follow British laws.

So, put it another way. 5% live here and don't like Britain. 7% live here and don't want to obey the laws of the land. Well, that's a huge percentage that want to be lawless, that's a lot of people. We have a problem.

So you have checked about my neighbour and if so will find that she does have 6 kids and is up the duff with number 7. How did you get on with the numbers of kids around Ashford?
You still haven't told us why you make stuff up. Does it make it easier to understand subjects if you create a simple, easy argument that no-one has mentioned and you can argue away against?

You still haven't told us why you make stuff up. Does it make it easier to understand subjects if you create a simple, easy argument that no-one has mentioned and you can argue away against?

I don't make stuff up, it is just the way you chose to deflect bits of a debate you don't like. Here is one for you Sour Mush or Hypo, why did you jump all over me about lying about local women with 15 kids and didn't mention it when someone said the same about Muslim women having 15 kids? Eh?

Also my Grandmother was Christian and had eleven kids. Yep, no Muslim DNA there, who would have guessed?

I don't make stuff up, it is just the way you chose to deflect bits of a debate you don't like. Here is one for you Sour Mush or Hypo, why did you jump all over me about lying about local women with 15 kids and didn't mention it when someone said the same about Muslim women having 15 kids? Eh?

Also my Grandmother was Christian and had eleven kids. Yep, no Muslim DNA there, who would have guessed?

Is there such a thing as Muslim DNA? I don't think religion can have DNA.

Here's a thought for you guys. Given that two of the most powerful men in the West, President Obama and PM Cameron, talk about psycopaths, extremists and terrorists, why are we still hung up here on Muslims?

I don't get how those two parts of your post are connected?

They talk about psychopaths, extremists and terrorists because they are the people who we are dealing with. We're talking about Muslims because they are preaching a bastardised version of Islam.

Are you losing the plot? Sorry to sound rude, but 95% felt loyalty to Britain and 93% follow British laws.

So, put it another way. 5% live here and don't like Britain. 7% live here and don't want to obey the laws of the land. Well, that's a huge percentage that want to be lawless, that's a lot of people. We have a problem.

I think you are losing the plot mate. Look at the figures again and try and forget your agenda. Do you really think that if you took other soundings from other groups you would get 100% figures in all? There are plenty of long standing British folk who don't like it here and who emigrate. There are plenty of long standing British people in jails because they have broken our laws. One guy recently cut his step sister up and put her in a suitcase. Guess what, he wasn't Muslim! You can interpret the figures any way you want, I would say 95% and 93% were very good. If you really want to focus on the small figures perhaps look at the poll and what it said about the numbers of Muslims who don't feel safe here. You pick up on 5% and 7%. What about 10% (which according to CBF is like, really important) and 20%?

They talk about psychopaths, extremists and terrorists because they are the people who we are dealing with. We're talking about Muslims because they are preaching a bastardised version of Islam.

All Muslims?

We are talking about Muslims because the debate has moved past the extremists who carry out these attacks and moved on to the people who follow Islam and who have not actually killed anybody as far as I know. Perhaps we need to get back to those who are carrying out these atrocities?

Here is one for you Sour Mush or Hypo, why did you jump all over me about lying about local women with 15 kids and didn't mention it when someone said the same about Muslim women having 15 kids? Eh?

They didn't ask me to show examples of them making stuff up, you did. They haven't filled up this thread with made up stuff, you have.

Or Hypo? When did I mention anything about you and your neighbours kids? Not making stuff up again are you? You still haven't demonstrated where people were using stats to show that all Muslims were a threat, no matter how many times you try to deflect.

We are talking about Muslims because the debate has moved past the extremists who carry out these attacks and moved on to the people who follow Islam and who have not actually killed anybody as far as I know. Perhaps we need to get back to those who are carrying out these atrocities?

No it hasn't. A few posters expressed concern about the Islamic religion and some of its teachings, pointing out that currently Islam has a much greater violence problem than other religions. You took this to mean that Islam has always had a greater violence problem than Christianity which is innocent of any of that sort of thing (which no one said). Someone posted some stats to say a high percentage of Muslims disagreed with Charlie hebdo violence. Some people said that in their opinion, the percentage whilst still a minority, was still larger than the average population to the point that it was significant. You took this to mean that people were using stats to try to say that all Muslims were a threat (which no one said.)

No it hasn't. A few posters expressed concern about the Islamic religion and some of its teachings, pointing out that currently Islam has a much greater violence problem than other religions. You took this to mean that Islam has always had a greater violence problem than Christianity which is innocent of any of that sort of thing (which no one said). Someone posted some stats to say a high percentage of Muslims disagreed with Charlie hebdo violence. Some people said that in their opinion, the percentage whilst still a minority, was still larger than the average population to the point that it was significant. You took this to mean that people were using stats to try to say that all Muslims were a threat (which no one said.)

So we have been debating the terrorist threat in the last few pages then and haven't been talking about Muslims in general? By the way, it was said that Islam is a violent religion to which I responded so is Christianity. I was told I was bonkers if I think that. I have explained my comments about Muslims being a threat which you have chosen to ignore because it doesn't fit in with the way you operate.

Or Hypo? When did I mention anything about you and your neighbours kids? Not making stuff up again are you? You still haven't demonstrated where people were using stats to show that all Muslims were a threat, no matter how many times you try to deflect.

I am not going to keep answering the same question. I am not trying to deflect, that is your tactic. It was you or you alter ego who made the point about the kids, I really cant tell you apart but I am sure you will work it out between you.

Exactly the sort of response IS are looking to provoke ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-34840896

"Ballymena attack: Muslim family's home 'targeted' by petrol bombers"

Apparently some people who happen to be Muslims who run a curry house in Scotland were also attacked recently. There was an officer on TV the other night saying the incidents of hate crime has increased since the weekend.

I am not going to keep answering the same question. I am not trying to deflect, that is your tactic. It was you or you alter ego who made the point about the kids, I really cant tell you apart but I am sure you will work it out between you.

So it wasn't me then. You haven't answered any question, you are desperately wriggling and trying not to answer. So let's try one more time.

You claimed that posters were using stats to try to prove that all Muslims were a threat. Which poster said this and what post did they say it in? Where was someone using stats to prove this? Once you answer that very basic question that you refuse to address, then I'll apologise for saying you've invented stuff. It's a shame that this point has to be laboured but it does really undermine your broader argument about Muslims which I have some agreement with. So finally; will you answer the above question?

So we have been debating the terrorist threat in the last few pages then and haven't been talking about Muslims in general? By the way, it was said that Islam is a violent religion to which I responded so is Christianity. I was told I was bonkers if I think that. I have explained my comments about Muslims being a threat which you have chosen to ignore because it doesn't fit in with the way you operate.

Where have you explained it? You keep saying you have explained it but have thus far failed to provide a shred of evidence to support your claim that "posters are suing stays to claim that all Muslims are a threat." which post and what poster said this?

Oh dear soggy wrong again. In response to your quite ludicrous claim here:

So you really believe that all Muslims are gun toting suicide bombers?

Sour Mash said:

No-one has said that, so I'm not sure why you're suggesting that. You have said that Islam and Christianity have the same problem with violence. Which is quite clearly bonkers.

Note the use of the present tense with the word "have" (I've put it in bold for you so it's easier to understand.) CLEARLY Sour Mash was referring to the current situation and made no comment at all about historical violence. This was the ONLY time you were called bonkers in this thread and it had nothing to do with you calling Christianity a violent religion. Please tell me where you were called bonkers for suggesting that Christianity is a violent religion like Islam? Keep those lies coming.

Edited by hypochondriac

So it wasn't me then. You haven't answered any question, you are desperately wriggling and trying not to answer. So let's try one more time.

You claimed that posters were using stats to try to prove that all Muslims were a threat. Which poster said this and what post did they say it in? Where was someone using stats to prove this? Once you answer that very basic question that you refuse to address, then I'll apologise for saying you've invented stuff. It's a shame that this point has to be laboured but it does really undermine your broader argument about Muslims which I have some agreement with. So finally; will you answer the above question?

I am not desperately trying to do anything I have answered the questions. If you aren't happy with the answers that is your problem.

Where have you explained it? You keep saying you have explained it but have thus far failed to provide a shred of evidence to support your claim that "posters are suing stays to claim that all Muslims are a threat." which post and what poster said this?

I have explained it.