Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

He's quality isn't he?!

Q: Do you want Enner Valencia?

A: I called a stop after I watched three games!

It's like a little peak into what West Ham will be like when Jack Sullivan runs it :)

Haha yeah. It's one level up from making transfer decisions based on FIFA / Champ Manager ratings [emoji23]

DOUBLE BLOW FOR BLACK CATS

We understand Vicente Iborra's move to Sunderland is off, after Sevilla changed their mind about selling the midfielder.

A £7.7m deal was agreed in writing at the end of last week and personal terms were also agreed with the player, however, the Spaniards have now had second thoughts.

We understand Sunderland are also set to miss out on Tottenham midfielder Ryan Mason, who is close to joining Hull instead.

We understand Vicente Iborra's move to Sunderland is off, after Sevilla changed their mind about selling the midfielder.

A £7.7m deal was agreed in writing at the end of last week and personal terms were also agreed with the player, however, the Spaniards have now had second thoughts.

We understand Sunderland are also set to miss out on Tottenham midfielder Ryan Mason, who is close to joining Hull instead.

They missed out on Joe Hart as well, he chose Torino instead.

Whops.

Ouch - turned down to go to Hull!

I've seen Kodija play. He certainly has the attributes to play PL but would have been too big a risk for Saints at that money - £17m - after just a season in the Championship. Villa's owner certainly wants to make a splash and should get goals with McCormick but that's FFP out of the window.

Mind you, Bournemouth and QPR haven't been penalised so where's the deterrent?

Remy and Benteke sounds decent, still think defensively they're poor though. I'd have taken remy, would do well in our system I think. Benteke too but not at that price.

Remy has been pretty injury prone these last couple of years though, hopefully he gets a run of games there. He's a good player.

For the FM players out there...

Quality :)

One deal that stood out to me (whilst not strictly FM related) is the Zaza loan. I always like the loan deals that automatically become permanent after a certain number of games - Maybe it's an Italian thing as I've heard of it happening over there before. Maybe I'm still scarred by the Toby situation.

CHELSEA ALONSO DEAL CLOSE

Fiorentina and Chelsea are edging closer to reaching a deal on left back Marcos Alonso, according to Sky sources.

We understand Chelsea had a £20m offer knocked back but a new offer of £24m should be enough for Fiorentina to agree.

Sky in Italy reported that originally the Serie A club was holding out for £27m. However, the player is keen to move to the Premier League and we understand a formal announcement on the deal is close.

Apparently the crazy size deals going on i nthe Championship haven't finished yet, still a few more crazy ones to come....

Madness how a any club in the championsip can afford to spend that much money on 1 player.

Why is it. These are big clubs with rich owners and parachute payments

It is saints fans scared of spending big money

KENEDY JOINS WATFORD ON LOAN

Chelsea midfielder Kenedy has joined Watford on loan for the rest of the season.

The 20-year-old played 20 times for Chelsea last year having moved from Fluminense in the summer of 2015.

How many players have Watford got?!

CHELSEA ALONSO DEAL CLOSE

Fiorentina and Chelsea are edging closer to reaching a deal on left back Marcos Alonso, according to Sky sources.

We understand Chelsea had a £20m offer knocked back but a new offer of £24m should be enough for Fiorentina to agree.

Sky in Italy reported that originally the Serie A club was holding out for £27m. However, the player is keen to move to the Premier League and we understand a formal announcement on the deal is close.

Has any club spent more on left backs?