Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

POCH WANTS THREE MORE

Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham could sign as many as three more players before the transfer window closes in just under two weeks.

"I am very happy [with Tottenham's transfer activity this summer]. I know this is difficult in this crazy business that today is football," the Spurs boss said.

"We try [to bring more players in]. We hope to sign one, two or three players - or maybe no-one. It depends on many things that will happen. We will try to find some players to sign."

£27m (+5m) in add-on's apparently.

This is incredibly un-cool of me and will get me lynched about these parts - But I'm a little jealous of that deal.

Not uncool, perfectly natural, he's a top quality player.

I don't think Benteke is that good to be honest, not sure I'd be too happy to see us splash that sort of money on him. That might just be me though.

He's not a bad player, but for us to spend £27m you'd need a proper game changing player - I don't think he is.

I don't think Benteke is that good to be honest, not sure I'd be too happy to see us splash that sort of money on him. That might just be me though.

He's not a bad player, but for us to spend £27m you'd need a proper game changing player - I don't think he is.

It's funny, it's such a sellers market at the moment isn't it? Liverpool wouldn't have got anywhere near £32m for him if it wasn't for the TV mega-money upload.

They knew Palace would buckle & pay it too.

I really like him - He should suit Palace and their strikers have been woeful for a long time. Benteke's biggest problem is he seems to get injured a fair bit though.

It's funny, it's such a sellers market at the moment isn't it? Liverpool wouldn't have got anywhere near £32m for him if it wasn't for the TV mega-money upload.

They knew Palace would buckle & pay it too.

I really like him - He should suit Palace and their strikers have been woeful for a long time. Benteke's biggest problem is he seems to get injured a fair bit though.

Yeah, if he gets injured they're left with.........Wickham. Enough said. He'll get goals there, but I just feel that much money could be spent so much better elsewhere.

They'll need to replace Bolasie though, or the service will be lacking.

He's a proven Premier League goal scorer. He's about the best player a club of our (or Palace's level could attract IMO).

SUNDERLAND ACCEPT KABOUL BID

Sunderland have confirmed that they have accepted a bit from Watford for defender Younes Kaboul and have agreed to let him speak to the club about personal terms to complete the deal.

Speaking to the club's official website, Kaboul said: “This is not an easy situation for me, but the club and the manager have shown an understanding of my personal circumstances and I am grateful for that.

“The Sunderland fans have supported me fantastically well since I came to the club, they gave me my passion back and I sincerely thank them for that. I hope they understand that I have made this incredibly difficult decision for me."

W

I sort of feel like that but it reminds me of Lukaku going to Everton..good player but a lot of money but now look at his value! Don't think Benteke would do that well for us though, he wouldn't fit our style I don't think.

What would we want Benteke for? There would just be endless moaning over how we don't play to his strengths, he would fail here for the same reason he failed at Liverpool. Palace's whole attacking strategy is to get the ball wide and cross, we won't do that so no point in getting a player that relies on that type of service.

Wish we had bought Benteke.

Where would we play him? In Koeman's team with crosses raining in to the box Benteke would have been good for us. Looking at the way Puel wants to play I don't think we are going to need CF rather strikers with pace and the ability to beat a man (or get in behind).

PEREYRA WATFORD DEAL CLOSE

Roberto Pereyra is expected to fly to the UK to undergo a medical and finalise personal terms with Watford, Sky sources understand.

Sky Sports News HQ reported on Monday that the Hornets had agreed a £13m fee for the Juventus midfielder.

#BoufalWatch

WATFORD MEDICALS

Sky sources understand Roberto Pereyra and Younes Kaboul are having medicals at Watford today.

The fee for Juventus attacker Pereyra is in the region of £12.9m - which would be a club record - while Sunderland defender Kaboul is expected to cost £3.5m.

again, they I assume are the agents who rent off of the provider. Do Sky etc put their own equipment in or is it an agency connected to the PL who then supply it all? The point being if Sky and BT pull out and if theyprovide the cameras etc there wont be any stuff to stream.

At the moment I think it is provided by Sky/BT at every game and this is sold abroad with whomever providing their own commentary. This could be done by BBC easily or an independent company on behalf of the club. it'll continue as it is still a revenue stream.

I can see why palace might be desperate enough to throw that sort of money at Benteke considering their striking options consist of Connor Wickham currently.

Article i read said Benteke was on 140k a week at Liverpool. I can't imagine he's taking a pay cut, so are palace funding it all or Liverpool partially? I'd assume there may be some internal strife at Palace if he's earning massively than other first teamers. So personally i'm not convinced it's a great move.

I can see why palace might be desperate enough to throw that sort of money at Benteke considering their striking options consist of Connor Wickham currently.

Article i read said Benteke was on 140k a week at Liverpool. I can't imagine he's taking a pay cut, so are palace funding it all or Liverpool partially? I'd assume there may be some internal strife at Palace if he's earning massively than other first teamers. So personally i'm not convinced it's a great move.

Liverpool have sold Benteke for some £32 mill, not loaned him, why would they continue to pay him, partially or otherwise?

Keith Downie @SkySports_Keith

David Moyes says Lamine Kone has refused a new, improved deal at Sunderland and "arrived in this morning with a bad back."

Yeah probably true, Re: his bad back, his grasping, greedy agent was probably on it.

Liverpool have sold Benteke for some £32 mill, not loaned him, why would they continue to pay him, partially or otherwise?

They did with Andy Carroll to West Ham.

Anyway I don't think £27 million for benteke is too much, he's 25 and pretty much has it all, big, strong, quick, can score all sorts of goals.

If he gets back to his Villa form that'll look cheap IMO, he just needs regular games and the right service, Liverpool typically wasted him, but he still scored some important goals for them and some real worldies as well.

City are known for paying stupid wages then selling a year later but have to partially pay the wages as nobody will cover them...I think they did that with Adebayor

Edited by pangy

WATFORD CONFIRM KABOUL

Watford have confirmed the signing of Younes Kaboul from Sunderland, signing a three-year contract.

"I’m very happy and delighted to be a part of Watford Football Club, and I’m looking forward to the season," the centre-back told the club's official website.

"Just from outside, I can see it’s a family club, there are some good players here and I’m very confident. The club had a very good season last year, and we need to carry that on to be even better."

We are a push over and every premiership club knows it.

The players know it too. Players expect a move when they see others moving under similar circumstances. Not saying it's a bad thing per se; just that it's harder to say no when you've set such a strong precedent.

I have just taken a look at Liverpool as one example:

http://www.skysports.com/liverpool-transfers

Four in and eleven out including Martin Skrtel, Jonathan Ibe, Joe Allen, Oussama Assaidi, Brad Smith and Kolo Toure so far.

I guess you have a different understanding of a starting player then. Or you didn't read the post.

Edited by shurlock

I guess you have a different understanding of a starting player then. Or you didn't read the post.

Of course I read it. These players have started games for them and even Mané and Pellè have been on the bench for us, and I can only count 3 so far not 5. Somehow you have missed or ignored the point. This was the first (and only) other club that I looked at.

Bloody pedants :rolleyes:

Edited by Whitey Grandad