Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

All kicking off now, Man United get Pogba on mega money, Stones goes to Man City and Everton are already replacing him with Ashley Williams (Annoyingly, a very good signing on the face of it, lets be honest)....

Well we weren't going for him so that's not annoying. And I don't see him being the missing piece to push them into the top four.

Well we weren't going for him so that's not annoying. And I don't see him being the missing piece to push them into the top four.

Sorry i'd didn't mean to suggest we were going for him, I meant to imply it's annoying because Everton are arsehats this year and I want them to sign Titus Bramble instead.

Sorry i'd didn't mean to suggest we were going for him, I meant to imply it's annoying because Everton are arsehats this year and I want them to sign Titus Bramble instead.

well, they've clearly got no ambition as they've sold a player for 45+M and only replacing him with a 12M player... or so our narrowminded fans would say

That is a truly incredible amount of money for Bolasie.

Christ, I thought they were getting Wistel, Mata, Morgan, Kiedo and such. What a come down, yet somehow still paying the stupid amounts of money.

Up to £30m apparently?!

Pretty clever that they've effectively already got his replacement in the building in Townsend.

Utter, utter embarrassment. Koeman, Moshiri, Walsh, hang your heads at this one. Atrocious.

Genuinely devastated.

Why are you devastated? I'm happy to see them throw money away!

To me Bolasie and others like Mayuka and Depay represent that pace without end product is pointless

(but great on FIFA!)

That is a truly incredible amount of money for Bolasie.

Christ, I thought they were getting Wistel, Mata, Morgan, Kiedo and such. What a come down, yet somehow still paying the stupid amounts of money.

#itshappeningbutnotquiteasevertonexpected...

Why are you devastated? I'm happy to see them throw money away!

To me Bolasie and others like Mayuka and Depay represent that pace without end product is pointless

(but great on FIFA!)

Sorry, i'm quoting an Everton forum - should have said.

Have a look on grand old team, they're having a good old fashioned meltdown on there right now. Fun to see.

£30m for Bolasie just makes £34m for Mane money well spent from a Liverpool pov.

It's becoming clear that we should have waited until nearer the end of the [becoming utterly ridiculous] window. However it appears that following Koeman's 'blonde ambition tour' at Everton might be fun, and quite possibly compensation.

If the Toffees secure their two main defensive targets in Williams and Kone over the next few days, they will have spent close on £70m on five players with an average age of 29 (and consequently fast depreciating value). Personally, I'm not sure I'd swap any of those signing like for like for the equivalents in our side, including the reserve keeper! I hope they struggle, and I think they might...

SUNDERLAND CLOSE ON UTD DUO

Sky sources understand Sunderland have agreed a fee with Manchester United for the transfers of Paddy McNair and Donald Love.

Both players are well known by David Moyes, who spent a year in charge of United.

#itshappeningbutnotquiteasevertonexpected...

Pat least they'll finally smash that glass ceiling...when one of Bolasie's shots goes through it!

For that money, it's a terrible buy. As good as Bolasie can be, he's far too inconsistent and unpredictable. I think this transfer has brought the almighty Everton fans down to earth with a bump.

Sorry, i'm quoting an Everton forum - should have said.

Have a look on grand old team, they're having a good old fashioned meltdown on there right now. Fun to see.

3rd thread on that forum's front page ; "Discussion/help on depression related issues".

Utter, utter embarrassment. Koeman, Moshiri, Walsh, hang your heads at this one. Atrocious.

Genuinely devastated.

Brilliant.

This will be our forum one day though - spend thirty odd million on a player and forum goes into meltdown.

Is it? If he becomes a global superstar it will be because he plays for MUFC, not the other way round.

Depending on your definition of "global superstar", arguably he already is one because he has broken the world transfer record and signed for MUFC.

What happens next on the pitch with him, and whether he is capable of keeping his stardom is incidental in MUFC's grand scheme of things.

Depending on your definition of "global superstar", arguably he already is one because he has broken the world transfer record and signed for MUFC.

What happens next on the pitch with him, and whether he is capable of keeping his stardom is incidental in MUFC's grand scheme of things.

You're not really making much sense. You said he was signed to shift merchandise.

He's nowhere near a big enough name to be primarily a merchandise selling signing. Ronaldo, yeah. Gerrard to LA, yeah.

His performances on the pitch are not "incidental" they are critical to his star quality and his merch-shifting potential. If he and United both fail they are not going to be selling many Pogba commemorative oven gloves.

Koeman buying old players and won't play youth because he wants immediate success, knowing full well he won't be in the same job 2 years later. No point building for the future when he's just interested in his own CV results. Huge contrast to Poch who's on a long-term deal and genuinely looks to be building long-term with a younger squad.

It's not £30 million I'd say it's more around early £22-23 million plus add ons.

Still a lot for a very inconsistent player, are they going to get more from Bolasie than Miralles/Delfieou? Think we should have got more than £40 million for Mane, hope we have plenty of add ons and sell ons in that deal if he moves to like Barcelona for £80 million in a few years.

Would love us to look at Bony or Benteke, feel those are the sort of strikers that would fill a Pelle hole whilst still being more mobile than him. Wages are probably the main issue though, can't see us breaking that £100k a week fee.

Bolasie is very good player. Has been for years and wish we'd signed him a long long time ago. In this window £30m really isn't that much. City have just spent nearly that on a guy they can't play until January and who no one has ever heard of (outside of the the bible).

Bolasie is very good player. Has been for years and wish we'd signed him a long long time ago. In this window £30m really isn't that much. City have just spent nearly that on a guy they can't play until January and who no one has ever heard of (outside of the the bible).

Also one of the highest rated youngsters in the world....they have money to gamble on players like that.

Yeah i can see why Koeman is keen. Basically he's an explosive game changer a bit like Mane even if he is 3 years older.

Yeah i can see why Koeman is keen. Basically he's an explosive game changer a bit like Mane even if he is 3 years older.

Saw this on the bbc

It will be interesting to see if the Dutchman also instils the same tactical approach - a love of crossing and a distinct lack of dribbling - at Goodison Park that he did at St Mary's: the Saints crossed the ball more than any other side in the Premier League last season, while only West Brom ran with it less.

A change of style? How the clubs ranked in different areas in 2015-2016

Southampton Everton

Crosses. 1st. 10th

Dribbles 19th. 6th

Not sure that Bolasie will enjoy that.

Edited by doddisalegend

LOL, you seem to like everyone that other teams buy...

He really isn't. He's a good player., but he's far too inconsistent to be "very good". He had a peak season during 14/15, at which point Pardew started spouting he was worth £25m and so on...presumably never expecting to get that, merely trying to put clubs off. He certainly didn't have a season last year which would justify an increase in value. Everton have just publicly talked themselves into overspending - which is going to be interesting given their 'ITK' anticipates 7 new arrivals (inc. Bolasie). Not that he won't improve their squad, because he will.

Basically this, there's a reason the fees are similar. Bolasie, like Mané, is unplayable on his day but those days don't come around often enough. The age difference would pretty much explain Mané's higher price.

Basically this, there's a reason the fees are similar. Bolasie, like Mané, is unplayable on his day but those days don't come around often enough. The age difference would pretty much explain Mané's higher price.
Bolasie barely scores and barely assists, there is no way should be anywhere near the £30m mark that Palace are asking, he's a £10m player at most, in 3 years he won't have much resale value whilst Mane could be £50m+. Can't even compare the two.