Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

David Gold ‏@davidgold

I am delighted to announce the transfer of outstanding Ghana forward Andre Ayew for a Club-record £20.5M fee. dg

CpXSS4xWAAEKCtL.jpg

Such a lot of money...don't see where he fits in for West Ham.they have loads of second strikers/#10's

Tore

Payet

Feghouli

Payet

Ayew

Antonio

Lanzini

Valencia

Not bad bearing in mind we have Redmond, Davis and Tadic

^ "Outstanding" - really? "Overpriced" perhaps.

I don't know whether it's accurate or just forum talk, but I've read Hull City have put a bid in for Maya Yoshida. As I say just forum talk, but they are down to 1 fit centre back and he'll never be first choice here...

Such a lot of money...don't see where he fits in for West Ham.they have loads of second strikers/#10's

Tore

Payet

Feghouli

Payet

Ayew

Antonio

Lanzini

Valencia

Not bad bearing in mind we have Redmond, Davis and Tadic

If West Ham have managed to clone Dmitri Payet that is BIG news!

David Gold ‏@davidgold

I am delighted to announce the transfer of outstanding Ghana forward Andre Ayew for a Club-record £20.5M fee. dg

CpXSS4xWAAEKCtL.jpg

Im surprised they didn't get the nation to buy him, after all they got the stadium for next to nothing

Everton fans don't seem overly excited by Bolasie rumours: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/bolaise.90516/

Quite a fun thread to flick through. The jist of it is Everton is run like a cheap Merseyside B&B basically:

.Think people have been led up the garden path with talk of how 'ambitious' we will be this summer. It's a very very typical Everton transfer window so far.*

Funnily enough the signs were all there - Koeman, a manager who has done well with a limited budget and selling players. Walsh the DOF who identifies cheapo targets.

Guess Schneiderlin will be bench-warming a lot then. For those who know, how good is Pogba and how much is he likely to win Manure games?

I think Shaw coming back is probably just as helpful to them.

Can completely control games ,but goes anonymous far too often(however he is capable or smacking in a 30 yard goal from nowhere) to warrant that value of the price tag truly.Obviously the price tag is to show off and tell the world United are ready to compete again.Will be interesting to see if it works out tbh.If him and Ibra have good to very good seasons I expect them to win the league.

If him and Ibra have good to very good seasons I expect them to win the league.

Still think they have a lot of issues they haven't really addressed. But then Leicester won the league so who knows. I'd go with Pep's Man City.

Guess Schneiderlin will be bench-warming a lot then. For those who know, how good is Pogba and how much is he likely to win Manure games?

I think Morgan will play alongside Pogba. Mourinho likes two in that position. He's not sentimental enough to give Schweingsteiger a chance, and probably Carrick neither. He's said Rooney wouldn't be playing that far back, and I think Mykitarian was brought in so he wouldn't keep having to choose between a million Lindgards, Herreras, Matas or the like. One of those is probably on the bench (Lindgard I guess) and Mata will likely leave (he already sold him once).

Besides, they're on the same national team although MS doesn't play a lot, but could be a factor.

It is not about how many games Pogba will win for them, but how many units of merchandise he will shift around the world.

It is not about how many games Pogba will win for them, but how many units of merchandise he will shift around the world.

Is it? If he becomes a global superstar it will be because he plays for MUFC, not the other way round.

I read somewhere that MUFC will make £40m from signing Pogba. Didn't read the article about how they were exactly going to make this money, but if true, then it puts the transfer fee into a slightly different perspective.

EDIT - Doing a google

Unreliable: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/697397/Manchester-United-news-Paul-Pogba-contract-commercial-Zlatan-Irbahimovic-Ed-Woodward

Paywall: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pogbas-40m-payback-for-reds-pfmxhxpx9

City seem to have listed Stones in their Champ League squad!!

Edit - link added - http://backpagefootball.com/pic-uefa-list-john-sotnes-manchester-citys-champions-league-squad/110651/

Doesn't surprise me that there are ****ups like this .

There's so many places that news can leak from these days, I'm amazed that there are still surprise signings like Hojberg or Bailly.

EVERTON IN FOR KONE

Sky sources understand Sunderland defender Lamine Kone is this morning on Merseyside as negotiations continue over a potential move to Everton.

One source has told us Everton placed the bid of £18m more than a week ago – however our sources at Sunderland have denied any bid has been received.

We can trace the issues back to the departure of Sam Allardyce, who it is suggested had agreed to improve the central defender’s contract if Sunderland survived relegation.

However the arrival of David Moyes has meant priorities have shifted and a new offer has not been forthcoming.

Maybe that might mean that they will go for Isgrove.

Depends how they look at it. If you're Barnsley, it may be worth investing that into the club as a whole rather than short-term signings, as they're unlikely to get windfalls such as this very often.

Eduardo Fdez-Abascal ‏@efabascalUK

Borja Baston move to #Swansea is now done. €18m fee. Player will travel to Wales today, medical tomorrow after agreeing 4-year deal.

^ :(

What a great buy. He's the stikrer I've wanted us to buy for the last couple of years. We could have got him for less than half that price last year too.

Eduardo Fdez-Abascal ‏@efabascalUK

Borja Baston move to #Swansea is now done. €18m fee. Player will travel to Wales today, medical tomorrow after agreeing 4-year deal.

^ :(

Great buy for Swansea that, hopefully we'll be in for someone similar.

Swansea one good signing in yes, keeping Siggurdson great, but losing Ayew and Williams from a poor team anyway? Not easy to lose a captain and leader like that. Think they could struggle, just wish we'd been able to steal Sigurdsson.

Ayew is a good signing for West Ham. Their 3 of Ayew-Payet-Antonio behind a striker looks really good, fast, creative and well balanced doesn't it. Suddenly very jealous of that attack. Even if they play Carroll he'll get chances.

Poor side? They are very decent. And no doubt will replace williams pretty quickly

Who are you talking to? Who said we were?

Man City have signed a brilliant CM and some great wide players.

They've also just weakened their defence though.

But we've clearly got a worse team than we ended the season with. A team we all wanted to see improved and showing ambition.

Saints Clarke or s-Clarke said very recently that we should be thankful we are "not having a mare" like man city in this window who have loads of money

Swansea doing some decent business but fairly quiet for the other middling sides

Are we still having a better window than man city?

They are my shout for the title.

Who said we were having a better window than Man City? They are on a different planet to us on who they can sign. We don't compare ourselves to them.

Having said that, I think Man U will take the title.

Saints Clarke or s-Clarke said very recently that we should be thankful we are "not having a mare" like man city in this window who have loads of money

Swansea doing some decent business but fairly quiet for the other middling sides

Huh? I'm pretty sure I've never said City were having a mare. Everton on the other hand.

All kicking off now, Man United get Pogba on mega money, Stones goes to Man City and Everton are already replacing him with Ashley Williams (Annoyingly, a very good signing on the face of it, lets be honest)....

Why is it annoying?

I prefer our 32 year old central defender to their 31 year old central defender. Loves the club and a great captain.

They've got rid of the only member of the England team touted as being able to reach world class, for an aging centre half.

He's still a top top player mind, just saying it's not the best signing of the window..