Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Strange market. Everyone seems to be reluctant to sell unless for silly money (that is apart from us and Wanyama, but then you never really know the details). Everton have made it worse for themselves by telling everyone how much money they have. They are then trying to sign players that the bigger clubs are wanting

Although it would seem to me that a few "top targets" don't seem particularly interested in joining the rigourous affray of English football.

tbf Kone was excellent at Sunderland in their climb from oblivion, he made their defense so much stronger and Gueye isn't bad. But these targets are definitely quite a step down from the likes of Mata, Hart etc who they were supposedly getting.

tbf Kone was excellent at Sunderland in their climb from oblivion, he made their defense so much stronger and Gueye isn't bad. But these targets are definitely quite a step down from the likes of Mata, Hart etc who they were supposedly getting.

Brings them back down to earth.

Quiet on the lukaku front though

ARNAUTOVIC WILLING TO STAY

Marko Arnautovic intends to see out the forthcoming season at Stoke despite reported interest in him from Everton, according to Sky sources.

Sky in Austria have said the 27-year-old, who scored 12 goals for Mark Hughes' side last season, is close to moving to Goodison Park.

It is understood, however, the player wishes to remain at the Bet365 Stadium for the foreseeable future - even if Everton boss Ronald Koeman does make a move to take him to Merseyside.

Arnautovic has 12 months left of his present deal and would be available on a free transfer next summer but Stoke have offered him a new four-year contract.

I'll be interested to see how Gueye does if he goes to Everton. Certainly had the stats in his favour last season. I still can't decide if looking decent in that Villa side last season is either a miracle or not that hard to achieve.

Brings them back down to earth.

Quiet on the lukaku front though

Fortunately for them, he was sh*te at the Euro's.

Not exactly in the same league as a saints 'rival' but the Higuain > Juventus deal is enormous.

He's a tidy finisher, granted, still seems a bit inflated though.

Tied Luca Toni's record of 36 goals in a season (35 games) last season with less quality around him than he now has. If better than 1 in 1 is a 'tidy' finisher what does a great finisher look like?

ARNAUTOVIC WILLING TO STAY

Marko Arnautovic intends to see out the forthcoming season at Stoke despite reported interest in him from Everton, according to Sky sources.

Sky in Austria have said the 27-year-old, who scored 12 goals for Mark Hughes' side last season, is close to moving to Goodison Park.

It is understood, however, the player wishes to remain at the Bet365 Stadium for the foreseeable future - even if Everton boss Ronald Koeman does make a move to take him to Merseyside.

Arnautovic has 12 months left of his present deal and would be available on a free transfer next summer but Stoke have offered him a new four-year contract.

Player has no intention of signing an extension but happy to stay and run contract down, leaving club not much of an option but to sell to highest bidder but player can make out that honest he would have definitely stayed but the club decided to sell him.

I think he might be going to the spiritual home of floodlit dugouts.

Tied Luca Toni's record of 36 goals in a season (35 games) last season with less quality around him than he now has. If better than 1 in 1 is a 'tidy' finisher what does a great finisher look like?

Just some good ol British understatement

Player has no intention of signing an extension but happy to stay and run contract down, leaving club not much of an option but to sell to highest bidder but player can make out that honest he would have definitely stayed but the club decided to sell him.

Christ can't you state something more obvious?

Jack Sullivan is the gift that keeps on giving on twitter...

Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu

@Whualan @Michael18761 wtf do you think my dad has been trying to do all summer! It ain't as easy as people thing.

Yup...

Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu 9h

I would like to say Not everything the club does, I agree with and I have no role or say at the West Ham. I only tweet news and my view!

Everton, smashing that ceiling, tucking into that war chest...http:// https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/26/everton-aston-villa-release-clause-idrissa-gueye

Is that because they can't land Witsel, or would Gueye be in addition to?

Think that they might need to do a bit more shopping....maybe.

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/roma-everton-funes-mori/

STOKE KEEN ON BERAHINO

Stoke chairman Peter Coates says the club are still keen on signing West Brom striker Saido Berahino.

The Potters and Crystal Palace both have bids on the table for around £20m.

“We’re after that elusive striker everyone is looking for,” Coates told talkSPORT. “Players like to see new faces and the club moving on. Although it might affect their position, they still want to feel you’re improving.

“[saido Berahino] is on our list. We would like to do something. We’re in the hands of the player and West Bromwich Albion at the minute and we’re working away on it. We would like to take him if a deal can be done.”

He has signed a 4 year deal. Poor Everton.

Am I to gather that Everton are still waiting to pounce on their targets? Or is it there a 'chain reaction' with Stones future holding things up?

Not been following transfers that closely but am intrigued to see if they actually sink some serious funds into this window as alluded to.

I think he is pretty average. The most goals he ever got in a season is 14 for Twente and last year 12 goals was his second best in his career not exactly great stats for a forward.

For a wide midfielder his goal return last season was good, especially for one of the non-elite sides.

If Redmond gets near what Arnautovic did goal wise last season then he will have had a great season.

Not exactly in the same league as a saints 'rival' but the Higuain > Juventus deal is enormous.

He's a tidy finisher, granted, still seems a bit inflated though.

107 in 190 for Madrid, 71 in 104 for Napoli, in the league plus 30 in 63 for Argentina.

Probably in bracket below Messi/Ronaldo level with the likes of Bale and Aguero.

The fee is a lot but it was a release clause, way cheaper than Pogba is about to go for and it's pretty much a no brainer for Juve, they get a very good striker and directly weaken their nearest rivals.

Am I to gather that Everton are still waiting to pounce on their targets? Or is it there a 'chain reaction' with Stones future holding things up?

Not been following transfers that closely but am intrigued to see if they actually sink some serious funds into this window as alluded to.

They remind me of Man Utd 2014. Telling the world they have loads of money to spend, at a time when they need to do major squad surgery. The problem is:

-Teams will charge them through the nose

-They need 5 or 6 first team players, and they come in at around 25/30 million a piece these days

-Everyone else has a lot of money, and crucially...

- Everton don't have Europe, whilst teams they are competing against for the best players do.

It's a vicious circle

Everton's transfer plans are going well.

Chelsea have made an improved £38m bid for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, according to Sky in Italy.

We understand the Serie A club are yet to respond to the latest offer.

Mad that us and Norwich were in for him last summer and now he is worth about three times the amount.

ITK alert!

ITK alert!

Christ can't you state something more obvious?

I do like it when I acquire new fan-boys desperate for my attention.

Well you get a big CB Fry thumbs up for not one but two quotes of my same post in the same day, but seeming to disagree with yourself about what point you want to make.

Jolly well done.

Quite funny that despite supposedly being cash rich now, Everton are still, well, Everton.

Likely that they'll improve eventually this window, but so far... Koeman has be wondering if he made the right choice.

Have I missed anything or have they only signed Stek so far?

Have I missed anything or have they only signed Stek so far?

quite a contrast on Grand Old Team forum from the time when Koeman was about to be announced to now. With regards to signings beings made

back to earth for them

quite a contrast on Grand Old Team forum from the time when Koeman was about to be announced to now. With regards to signings beings made

back to earth for them

Funny isn't it esp as none of their ****** fans have come back on here to preach about what they are going to do in the season ahead. #onthepitchin84

I do like it when I acquire new fan-boys desperate for my attention.

Well you get a big CB Fry thumbs up for not one but two quotes of my same post in the same day, but seeming to disagree with yourself about what point you want to make.

Jolly well done.

Lol and your "facts"are wrong on all accounts!

Always admired your work?

Shouting about your massive transfer fund has not serve Everton that well, and it's likely to get no better, everyone already knows they have over £100 million to splash, once Stones goes that is £150 million.

Maybe that is our issue as well, people seeing we have £40-50 million from the Mane, Wanyama and Pelle sales and jumping the prices up.

Suspect thought that our under the radar and quieter recruitment style will server us better than Everton's 'loadsa money' flash style.