Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Weird signing by Liverpool I think (their fans think the same). They don't think he'll be much more than an occasional squad player, so for £25m that's a bit WTF.

Let's be honest, Liverpool's history of transfers over the last 4/5 years have been utterly diabolical. They spend a hell of a lot of money to just stand still.

I don't think many of their fans were worried about their attacking talent at the end of last season. They were definitely complaining about the team defensively with Mignolet/Moreno and Skrtel still getting some games. If this Wijnaldum figures true then they've spent ~£60m on 2 attacking players and only £9m on GK/CB and still stuck with Moreno. Poor business in my eyes.

Agree all the pool fans I know only ever talked about how crap their defense was not about their attacking play.

If anything their defence does not look much better and nor does their centre-mids, with talk of Leivia being sold as well who is one of their better DMs, and Allen going that would only really leave them with Henderson, Can and Milner as centre mids.

Whereas they have Mane, Ings, Benteke, Countinho, Firminho, Strurridge, Lallana, Origi, Markovic, they still have Balotelli and now have Wijnaldum as attacking options.

Also that's around £225 million worth of attackers, most of whom they have signed in the last 3 years I think, with arguably the cheapest ones in there in Sturridge, Coutinho and Origi being the most successful (With Mane and Wijnaldum being new).

Klopp's only had part of two transfer windows so far and from the outside looks like he's doing a good job of clearing out some of the dross he inherited along with smart buys. I think, finally, we will start seeing Liverpool on their way back to former glories.

This is going to be Liverpool's year.

Copyright 2016

And 2015

And 2014

And 2013

The team in 5th has just spent £100m on one player. It will take more than Mané and Wijnaldum to get Liverpool to the top.

Lol yes there is an element of deja vu about it. Their squad is starting to take shape though and in Klopp I think they've at last found someone who can take them forward. Intersting times. I think we'll see the 'return' of Utd, Chelsea, City and to a lesser extent Liverpool.

Lol yes there is an element of deja vu about it. Their squad is starting to take shape though and in Klopp I think they've at last found someone who can take them forward. Intersting times. I think we'll see the 'return' of Utd, Chelsea, City and to a lesser extent Liverpool.

Their squad is taking shape in an attacking sense, although very heavy in that area. Although their defense isn't of the quality to push them to the top.

Shako, who is dodgy as hell with the ball. Lovren, although he improved under Klopp, is still only a decent player - not of the level of a regular starter needed to challenge. They've lost Skrtel (no big loss) and Toure, but they've replaced them with a like for like. They also have a left back in Moreno who seemingly doesn't know how to defend - They'll still concede a lot of goals in my opinion.

Their squad is taking shape in an attacking sense, although very heavy in that area. Although their defense isn't of the quality to push them to the top.

Shako, who is dodgy as hell with the ball. Lovren, although he improved under Klopp, is still only a decent player - not of the level of a regular starter needed to challenge. They've lost Skrtel (no big loss) and Toure, but they've replaced them with a like for like. They also have a left back in Moreno who seemingly doesn't know how to defend - They'll still concede a lot of goals in my opinion.

Slightly dodgy keeper too. I think they'll be a force going forwards, but mainly need Sturridge to stay fit (which is unlikely to happen).

Slightly dodgy keeper too. I think they'll be a force going forwards, but mainly need Sturridge to stay fit (which is unlikely to happen).

TBF the new keeper they've bought in is very good, wouldn't be surprised to see him become number 1.

Also forgot they've signed Matip on a free.

TBF the new keeper they've bought in is very good, wouldn't be surprised to see him become number 1.

Also forgot they've signed Matip on a free.

Grujic is looking very handy for them in pre-season as well.

I think they'll be good this season, but we shall see. £25m is a lot of money for Wijnaldum - But after they sign him, their total signings are about £75m.

If they can sell Benteke, which lets face it, is quite likely, they'll have recouped around £64m, so not bad going really.

On Juventus's part it's just plain common sense. 100 odd million for Pogba and 35 million for Sissoko to replace him.

Less salary as well no doubt. Both have their off days and high days so I really don't see 70 odd million quids worth of difference between them.

£60 million for Wijnaldum and Sissoko sales - someone at Newcastle is working miracles. For a relegated side to get that much money for their players is unprecedented. Gone are the days relegated sides used to get pilfered on the cheap.

£60 million for Wijnaldum and Sissoko sales - someone at Newcastle is working miracles. For a relegated side to get that much money for their players is unprecedented. Gone are the days relegated sides used to get pilfered on the cheap.

Because gone are the days when relegated teams couldn't afford to keep their better players if they didn't get decent offers for them.

How is their squad taking shape? They have bought more of what they already had..arguably not as good as what they had? And not really strengthened where they have had issues right back to when Suarez nearly carried them to the title? Scored a lot of goals but conceded enough to stop them winning anything!

IMO Klopp is over rated and Liverpool deserve him..he'll never compete with Jose, Pep etc..check his record..always a bridesmaid!

Everton ‏@Everton

BREAKING: Everton appoint Steve Walsh as Director of Football. Welcome to Everton, Steve.

ace405ecc129442080bdc8daa1d3c187.jpg?bc=white&as=1&w=750

I thought they had that guy from Sevilla lined up

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/monchi-who-evertons-sporting-director-11417292

Seems he wasn't interested

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/21/everton-appoint-steve-walsh-leicester-city

Leicester getting done a bit this summer..

Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu

Calleri has agreed to come however, it is subject to a work permit application in a weeks time.

We have agreed a fee with AC Milan on Bacca and he has said, he will tell us in the next 48 hours if he is coming!!

This is why I posted the update! I'm sorry if some off you are not happy with it, however we like to be trustful with the fans.

Calleri has agreed to come however, it is subject to a work permit application in a weeks time.

We have agreed a fee with AC Milan on Bacca and he has said, he will tell us in the next 48 hours if he is coming!!

This is why I posted the update! I'm sorry if some off you are not happy with it, however we like to be trustful with the fans.

Another fine example of West ham's scatter-gun recrutement policy. Try to sign everybody and hope to get at least a couple of half-decent players in the end.

Another fine example of West ham's scatter-gun recrutement policy. Try to sign everybody and hope to get at least a couple of half-decent players in the end.

TBF we can criticise our own policy (selling high and buying potential) but at least we seem to be one of the few clubs that you can actually understand what we are trying to do (even if you don't agree it's the right way). Most of the others just confound me with signings that I think.."was that really where you needed to strengthen".

Weird signing by Liverpool I think (their fans think the same). They don't think he'll be much more than an occasional squad player, so for £25m that's a bit WTF.

Let's be honest, Liverpool's history of transfers over the last 4/5 years have been utterly diabolical. They spend a hell of a lot of money to just stand still.

As well as being honest let's also be fair they reached two finals last seaon one Domestic one European many clubs don't reach one in a generation.

Everton want £75m for Lukaku according to the Telegraph.

No way he is worth over double what Mane cost but guess they hope to scare suitors off with the price tag, fair enough. Might be different if he says publically wants to go to Chelsea.

As well as being honest let's also be fair they reached two finals last seaon one Domestic one European many clubs don't reach one in a generation.

"Look at Tottenham. If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

I am afraid for the money spent, the wages paid etc etc that is a massive underachievement

If Wijnaldum is valued at £25m, then Sigurdsson must be worth at least that.

Most interesting piece of detail in that article: "Sigurdsson has been a target for both Koeman and Walsh at their former clubs and Everton have identified the Swansea midfielder as a marquee signing this summer."

"Look at Tottenham. If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

I am afraid for the money spent, the wages paid etc etc that is a massive underachievement

Inclined to agree here. If those cup finals were matched by a noticeable league improvement, it would be a decent achievement. On their own they're rather less impressive and it just puts them in line with giants like Dnipro and Bradford.

Sigurdsson is a great player if given the no10 role and some freedom. So, does this mean Everton are giving up on Barkley? That seems to be a position they don't need to focus on.

Hmm well they had first ever dug out and to smash that glass ceiling they need 5 quality players in each position cos they were first team ever to sell matchday programmes and have stripes on shorts.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino is to be approached about the vacant Argentina coach's position, according to reports in the country.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Doubt he'd take it he is still young (in manager terms) and you get the feeling he is enjoying it at spurs right now....would be amusing if he dropped spurs in it though.

And another on his way out of Leicester...

ULLOA WANTS OUT

Leonardo Ulloa wants to leave Premier League champions Leicester City following tension at the club, according to Sky sources.

WTF - I know he's not a regular, but you're in the champions league you moron!!

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino is to be approached about the vacant Argentina coach's position, according to reports in the country.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hope he goes. He would have been my first choice for the England job though.

For Sunderland I'd guess? No one better to carry on from Allardyce than the other fat English manager in the league...

He got sacked from Sunderland, I doubt they want him back.

I think it's due to issues with the board more than another move lined up.

Not really I'd happily sees us pay £25 million for Sigurdsson, quality player, goal scoring midfielders don't grow on trees. Swansea were poor last year but he still managed 11 in 32 games for them from midfield.

£25 million I think is last years like £18 million.