Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Stoke have offered Berihino £75K per week. Baggies have offered him £65k per week to stay.

He's told Stoke that he's waiting to see if any other interest develops. Stoke really ain't happy.

He sounds like a bit of a tool to be honest!

Stoke have offered Berihino £75K per week. Baggies have offered him £65k per week to stay.

He's told Stoke that he's waiting to see if any other interest develops. Stoke really ain't happy.

Palace & Watford the other clubs interested, apparently.

Subotic to Middlesbrough is outstanding business.

If he gets over his injury problems, I agree.

Well he might as well jump on the money grab that this summer has turned into along with everyone else. No doubt some club will offer him more especially if they are a club who are getting desperate towards the end of the window.

Apparently is a decent enough fella, just really f**ked off with WBA and they way they blocked his move to Spurs and then didn't play him anyway.

Question is, would you take him here for £75k a week?

Would be a gamble, but part of me thinks it would be worth it.

I'd quite like an ITK to say whether or not we might break our record signing this window...

To be honest though, does it really matter? As long as we finish above them and continue progressing I don't really care how much we spend on a player. Think people are to focused on looking like a 'big' club, that sort of mentality for a club like ourselves will only end badly. Illd rather us stick to our rough diamonds and buff them up ourselves to show their true value.

To be honest though, does it really matter? As long as we finish above them and continue progressing I don't really care how much we spend on a player. Think people are to focused on looking like a 'big' club, that sort of mentality for a club like ourselves will only end badly. Illd rather us stick to our rough diamonds and buff them up ourselves to show their true value.

I thought it was mental that Bmth had spent 15 million on a player rather than anything to do with our spending!

Primarily it would just confirm whether we are after an Ox/Boufal type player or not.

I thought it was mental that Bmth had spent 15 million on a player rather than anything to do with our spending!

Sorry I didn't really mean to pick on you in a sense, just was a good time for me to get it off my chest whilst we was sort of on the subject. I hear so many Saints fans spouting the crud that we should spend big like so and so club to show ambition. Not sure why they don't just believe in the philosophy that we have shown season upon season to work.

Sorry I didn't really mean to pick on you in a sense, just was a good time for me to get it off my chest whilst we was sort of on the subject. I hear so many Saints fans spouting the crud that we should spend big like so and so club to show ambition. Not sure why they don't just believe in the philosophy that we have shown season upon season to work.

I totally agree with what you say, 100%. I've never quite understood why general fans seem to think that money = success. Being clever, shrewd and diligent usually equals more success and smaller transfer fee's.

I don't think Ibe's a bad player, but £15m for him is crazy talk really. I assume it's based on lots of installments/clauses etc.

I agree with you - however it would be therapeutic to knock Osvaldo off the record books.

I totally agree with what you say, 100%. I've never quite understood why general fans seem to think that money = success. Being clever, shrewd and diligent usually equals more success and smaller transfer fee's.

I don't think Ibe's a bad player, but £15m for him is crazy talk really. I assume it's based on lots of installments/clauses etc.

what if we spent big(ger) and as clever?

Not only that, but you could argue that it feels better to earn success through smart signings and managing the club effectively rather than just pouring cash in. It does for me, I'd feel a certain sense of embarrassment if the reason Saints were doing well was just because we were outspending everyone else.

Question is, would you take him here for £75k a week?

Would be a gamble, but part of me thinks it would be worth it.

Yes, absolutely. I honestly believe he is exactly the sort of player who will fit into Puel's playing style and, imho, we are short in that area. Indeed, I feel we need him (or a similar type of player) and one is more suited to the typical No 10 role.

Puel likes to play 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2. The defence we are pretty well covered for. we now have 6 players for the midfield 3 - Romeu, Davis, JWP, PEH, Classie and Reed - I would like to see one more but doubt we will. Up front is where we are short. We have 5 first team players - Tadic, Long, Austin, JRod and Redmond. None of these is a No 10 type player; probably Tadic is best suited to the role, but for me he only really fits into a wide position with 3 up top. Redmond is more of a winger, so again only fits into a wide role with 3 up top. To me, Austin is only suited to the central striker in a 3 or one of a 2. Long and JRod could play any position except the No 10. I hate to say it, but I have doubts over JRod. He did nothing, in any of his appearances, last season to indicate he will get anywhere close to his pre-injury abilities. And, in any event, JRod plays best out wide in a 3.

This means we really only have Austin and Long as a front 2 - for a 4-3-1-2 - for an entire season! We really do need a player like Berahino; who, I feel, would give us other options. Young, English, pacy, eye for a goal (and from distance), can play in any of front 3 positions. He is also our type of signing (except concerns over attitude) in that he is not the finished article and we could make a profit on him in the future - if he does the business for us.

Plus, of course, we also need a number 10; AOC please!

So far, I'd say that Spurs, with their signings of Janssen and Wanyama for what are by today's standards very reasonable prices, have done best. They will certainly be challenging for honours again. Vincent Janssen looked Holland's best player when they played at Wembley and is similar in style to Vardy. Leicester, with Mendy and Musa as well as a couple of decent squad players, have done well so far too. There are rumours that West Brom are lining up Borja Baston as a replacement for Berahino. If so, it will be interesting to see how he does, as he was one of the top scorers in the Spanish league last season.

So far, I'd say that Spurs, with their signings of Janssen and Wanyama for what are by today's standards very reasonable prices, have done best. They will certainly be challenging for honours again. Vincent Janssen looked Holland's best player when they played at Wembley and is similar in style to Vardy. Leicester, with Mendy and Musa as well as a couple of decent squad players, have done well so far too. There are rumours that West Brom are lining up Borja Baston as a replacement for Berahino. If so, it will be interesting to see how he does, as he was one of the top scorers in the Spanish league last season.

What I like about Spurs' business this summer is they want 4 players (which they are slowly signing) - They know the positions they want and more importantly going to keep hold of all their own players. Not just that, they have such a young squad, they will all be better next season.

A name who's been linked with us in the past....

United to make shock bid for Ondrej Duda

Who?

Ondrej Duda is a Slovakian international who currently plays for Legia Warsaw in Poland.

Alongside Marek Hamsik, the 21-year-old was one of the few shining lights in Slovakia's Euro 2016 campaign.

According to German newspaper, Bild, Manchester United are among the clubs interested in Duda, along with Hertha Berlin, West Ham and Arsenal.

Duda got 5 goals and 9 assists to his name last season is valued at €3.5m (£2.92m).

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/15/manchester-united-transfer-news-and-rumours-live/#update-20160715-1046

Berahino would be good for us. People say he's a tool but WBA offered him 65 and Stoke supposedly 75 so if you were him, wouldn't you wait another a few weeks to see if someone offers 85 (and isn't Stoke). Just by doing that you could earn another 40K a month or roughly half a million a year.

I'd think he was a tool is he DIDN'T do that!

i also think we have bought well. i think Redmond looks very promising, good feet, bit of a pace and loves to shoot. Pierre Emile thingy also seems like great business. Not seen him play but from what I read he has all the qualities to be a great signing.

As a Bmth lurker on here - i'd like to think we do improve players too, Josh King came on really well and we got laughed at by paying £1 million for him! £15 mill IS a lot for Ibe, but we had £15 mill coming in from Ritchie and Tomlin going, so that covers it. It's just the young English 'mark up' hit that you have to take. We've gone down that path and Boro have gone for the older foreign player. Be interesting to see which approach works better..I suppose ours is more risky.

As a Bmth lurker on here - i'd like to think we do improve players too, Josh King came on really well and we got laughed at by paying £1 million for him! £15 mill IS a lot for Ibe, but we had £15 mill coming in from Ritchie and Tomlin going, so that covers it. It's just the young English 'mark up' hit that you have to take. We've gone down that path and Boro have gone for the older foreign player. Be interesting to see which approach works better..I suppose ours is more risky.

On the other hand, should you get relegated (don't think you will by any means FWIW) you won't implode like Boro would paying silly wages for 30 year old Spanish flops...

I think your approach is better even if theirs may have better initial results.

All your signings are good players and they will improve under Howe. They also are on the up and will be grateful for regular PL football. For a player like Negredo or Subotic the move is a downward step. They will never achieve more than they already have.

The Bournemouth approach is admirable and sensible.

I think your approach is better even if theirs may have better initial results.

I agree. 'Boro better hope they have a good season. If their manager had a tantrum & quit when they were near the top of the league, imagine how he might behave down the bottom.

I agree. 'Boro better hope they have a good season. If their manager had a tantrum & quit when they were near the top of the league, imagine how he might behave down the bottom.

they came 2nd after a dip towards the end of the season. sound familiar?

There's a lot to be said for spending little, and getting uncovered gems and we're good at it. Personally, i'd like to see us spunk some serious cash (wisely of course) occasionally because it might mean a big name player coming in and the excitement that goes with it. I don't believe it when people say they'd rather we keep what we're doing and signing relative unknowns ALL the time.

Kante to Chelsea is almost done, £30m. Medical completed today.

Goes to show that not even winning the league and getting CL football can stop players moving to the 'big 4', even if they don't even finish in the top 4 they still have more resources and pulling power. Difficult for any similar sized club to make long-term ground.

Goes to show that not even winning the league and getting CL football can stop players moving to the 'big 4', even if they don't even finish in the top 4 they still have more resources and pulling power. Difficult for any similar sized club to make long-term ground.

probably fancies another easy season where he won't be shown up in the Champion's League.

doesnt he have a release clause?

Not sure if he did, but Vardy did and Marhez has a £30m one I think.

sure read somewhere he has a release clause and Leicester were keen to know either way. Hence why they cannot stop him

Vardy, they did keep despite a release clause

sure read somewhere he has a release clause and Leicester were keen to know either way. Hence why they cannot stop him

Vardy, they did keep despite a release clause

Even if he does he doesn't have to go. We would get berated in the same situation for not offering better deals or some rubbish.

I'm sure I read his release clause was £20 million...

John Percy ‏@JPercyTelegraph

Bloody hell. Another #lcfc player in demand - West Brom have made a £9m bid for Jeff Schlupp #wba http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/15/west-brom-offer-9m-for-leicesters-jeffrey-schlupp-as-watford-dro/ … via @telefootball

Crazy money again for a bit part pace merchant. I think WBA are struggling to bring people in. They need Berahino off the books for the money.

Just goes to show that if you have decent players even winning the league isn't enough to keep them from moving to a bigger club.

Should keep some of our more vocal anti Led Reed fans from moaning about our lack of ambition.

Re: Kante release clause.

Kante has a £20million release clause in his Leicester contract, although Chelsea may yet have to pay over that figure to land him.

Despite the fact £20m triggers the clause, the terms of the agreement are believed to state that Leicester are only required to accept the highest bid over that figure.

Chelsea will, therefore, want to avoid sparking an auction which results in them paying well in excess of the release fee. It is for this reason Arsenal have been reluctant to formalise their interest with a bid.