Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

I cant see anything different than £13m or so being our absolute limit again

Nah. £20m is the new £13m.

We've already got more £10m players than Stoke, Palace, Leicester, Watford pretty much whoever you want to name really in our peer group. Maybe even Everton.

We'll continue to lob cash about as we have done for the last five or six summers consecutively.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 8m8 minutes ago

BREAKING: Borussia Dortmund say midfielder Henrik Mkhitaryan has joined Manchester United

they will not be far off winning the league, I reckon

Dortmund having a sly dig on breaking that news

“After intensive discussions, BVB has complied to the wish of the Armenian national team member; to join the fifth-place English team last season, Manchester United, for the new season.Borussia Dortmund wishes Henrikh Mkhitaryan all the best for the coming season in both the Premier League and in the Uefa Europa League,”

Don't know why but can't see VVD, FF or Bertrand being with us at the end of the transfer window. Scousers at work are adamant they will get Bertrand. They were right about Mane weeks ago and the RB thing has had legs since around the same time. Prepare for another evisceration. We are too good for our own good. They will not ever let us join the party!

Don't know why but can't see VVD, FF or Bertrand being with us at the end of the transfer window. Scousers at work are adamant they will get Bertrand. They were right about Mane weeks ago and the RB thing has had legs since around the same time. Prepare for another evisceration. We are too good for our own good. They will not ever let us join the party!

thing is with Bertrand, we can just say no

whether we will or not is another matter

Dortmund having a sly dig on breaking that news

“After intensive discussions, BVB has complied to the wish of the Armenian national team member; to join the fifth-place English team last season, Manchester United, for the new season.Borussia Dortmund wishes Henrikh Mkhitaryan all the best for the coming season in both the Premier League and in the Uefa Europa League,”

I think this probably puts our sale into perspective, when Champions League Borussia Dortmund who play in front of the largest crowd (on average) in Europe can't stop their players moving down then it's no surprise we can't.

It's madness.

Just looking at the prices being rumoured today £100 million for Pogba, Man City going to pay £90 million for Suarez who is 29, £38 million for Mauro Icardi who scored 16 league goals last year and has just 1 international cap.

Hell even £28 million for a player with just one year left on his contract.

If Palace can put in really high bids for players I don't see why we can't, that's what I'm basing it on and the fact that he's surplus to requirements at United. There's no need with the tv money to be shopping in a bargain basement so why not? Maybe try for Morgan too.

Because palace have far more ambition than Saints............

STOKE'S NANI INTEREST

Assistant manager Mark Bowen has confirmed Stoke's interest in Portugal international Nani.

"I know there is an interest there. Valencia are a big club but it is the draw of the Premier League," Bowen told talkSPORT.

"He is player that Mark [Hughes] admires a lot and he has had a very good tournament. Without giving too much away, there is an interest there and let's see what happens.

"In my opinion, he left the Premier League far too early. He had his time at Manchester United and had been a big player for them and he seemed to drift away rather than step into another club in the Premier League."

STOKE'S NANI INTEREST

Assistant manager Mark Bowen has confirmed Stoke's interest in Portugal international Nani.

"I know there is an interest there. Valencia are a big club but it is the draw of the Premier League," Bowen told talkSPORT.

"He is player that Mark [Hughes] admires a lot and he has had a very good tournament. Without giving too much away, there is an interest there and let's see what happens.

"In my opinion, he left the Premier League far too early. He had his time at Manchester United and had been a big player for them and he seemed to drift away rather than step into another club in the Premier League."

Not to mention the fact that several spanish clubs have to pay back all of the state handouts that they've received for years.

Don't know if Valencia are among them, highly probably. Might be a bit of a player auction this summer.

Musa to Leicester- £16.6m. Mahrez replacement?

Is there any reason we can't sign a player without him being a replacement for one of our good players? :lol: The signings of Musa and Mendy are to improve the quality of the squad and not as replacements for Kante and Mahrez.

He will be more of a replacement for Kramaric who has already been sold. He'll cover the wing and up front. We needed another pace merchant who can fill Vardy's shoes now and again, we can't expect him to play every game. Plus we'll lose Schlupp and Mahrez to AFCON in Jan, so we'll need him to cover the wing then.

Is there any reason we can't sign a player without him being a replacement for one of our good players? :lol: The signings of Musa and Mendy are to improve the quality of the squad and not as replacements for Kante and Mahrez.

He will be more of a replacement for Kramaric who has already been sold. He'll cover the wing and up front. We needed another pace merchant who can fill Vardy's shoes now and again, we can't expect him to play every game. Plus we'll lose Schlupp and Mahrez to AFCON in Jan, so we'll need him to cover the wing then.

As a Southampton fan, it is natural to assume that someone "bigger" will come in and pay more money - usually Liverpool. Thought it was fairly certain Kante is going to Chelsea, no?

Palace raise Benteke bid to 31.5 million... crazy

If true that's hilarious as Liverpool only want £30m.

It's a sellers market at the moment - it's crazy to think Benteke has flopped last year & yet Liverpool are still going to make their money back!

£27m rising to £31.5m. Wonder what targets need to be met to get the £4.5m extra. Europe? Spending that sort of money on a player, EL is the very minimum you should be expecting. Football has well and truly gone mad. Wonder if CPFC have agreed to up his £120k a week wages?

If it is a 5 year deal, then this is going to cost them over £60m.

What if Morgan was available for that sort of money and he was open to coming back

Still no.

Can I ask whether you think a club our size can still be sustainable by handing out £30m wage deals to £30m signings? And I do wonder about the harmony of the group. I cannot imagine that CPFC will have a lot of content players if/when Benteke arrives earning twice to three times as much as everyone else.

Still no.

Can I ask whether you think a club our size can still be sustainable by handing out £30m wage deals to £30m signings? And I do wonder about the harmony of the group. I cannot imagine that CPFC will have a lot of content players if/when Benteke arrives earning twice to three times as much as everyone else.

In fairness they are probably used to it by now what with Adebayors wages last season. Huge amount of money but will probably score a load there with the palace wingers. Hard to judge what is a reasonable transfer fee norm now with this new to deal. Perhaps we will end up spending over 20 m on a player this summer but I sorta doubt that happening with the way we are run.

Still no.

the odd signing, of course I do.

£25-30m with the whopping TV deal, YES

We can afford to splash up to 30 mill on a fee absolutely no doubts there. Wages would be an issue but I honestly think our wage cap is why so many players force their move.

Anyway, I think Bony would be a cracking signing for anyone who has the balls to go for it. He'd cost about 25 mil imo and be worth every penny.

Whilst yes I'd welcome either Benteke or Bony, I suppose strikers is where we are pretty well stocked, unless Pelle goes.

I'd also reckon we are banking on Austin being as potentially good as both, in his one season in the prem he managed 18 in 35 for a poor team.

Bony managed 26 in 54 (over two seasons) for a better Swansea side and Benteke managed 42 in 89 (over 3 seasons) for a poor Villa side, so their prem goal ratios are pretty similar, albeit they are different sort of players.

Where has all this money come from? Absolute waste, he's on £120k a week as well so doubt he'll be taking a pay cut... #ambition lol

I should imagine the sale of Bolasie will go some way to funding that, Liverpool will do well to get that for him, he's a great player but that's alot of money for a player who didn't have such a great season.

SCHMEICHEL WANTED BY EVERTON

You can’t fault Everton’s ambition – the Liverpool Echo is reporting Ronald Koeman will “explore the possibility” of signing Kasper Schmeichel from Leicester City.

Everton are looking for a long-term replacement for Tim Howard, but it looks a big ask to convince Schmeichel to leave the Premier League champions, with Champions League football at the King Power Stadium next season.

Schmeichel reportedly has a £17m release clause in his £35,000-a-week Leicester contract.

I think Bony was the league's top scorer in the 2015 calendar year (could be 2014?) He's a great player and I would love him here, always going to play second fiddle to Aguero but I expect his wages would be too big for us now.

SCHMEICHEL WANTED BY EVERTON

You can’t fault Everton’s ambition – the Liverpool Echo is reporting Ronald Koeman will “explore the possibility” of signing Kasper Schmeichel from Leicester City.

Everton are looking for a long-term replacement for Tim Howard, but it looks a big ask to convince Schmeichel to leave the Premier League champions, with Champions League football at the King Power Stadium next season.

Schmeichel reportedly has a £17m release clause in his £35,000-a-week Leicester contract.

It's a different goalkeeper that he supposed to be after every day. Just the press filling space.