Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

As a Southampton fan, it is natural to assume that someone "bigger" will come in and pay more money - usually Liverpool. Thought it was fairly certain Kante is going to Chelsea, no?

Ha ha well yes I did think it's unfortunately what you've had to get used to. We're in a unique position this year having won it, Champions league football and the owners happy to hand out three 100k contracts to Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. The owners absolutely want to keep all of them and get the likes of Musa and Mendy in. They are very serious.

Certainly not 100% he's going Chelsea at all, the contract is still on the table and as far as we know nobody has even placed a bid. If he does go, then it will be to the highest bidder. That may or may not be Chelsea... word on the street is we only have to accept the highest offer over £20m. If Madrid offer £30m, or PSG £40m then Chelsea have to stump up the same.

Crystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC

BREAKING: #CPFC have completed the signing of defender James Tomkins for £10m from @whufc_official. #WelcomeJames

Cmmp5jRWIAAtuFj.jpg

And people laughed at us wanting to spend £20m on Deeney... it's a new dawn.

We let Wanyama go to cheap.......

My thought on that is that if we made a profit a sell in for Celtic kicked in so we sold him for the same as we paid as this actually netted us more than getting a few million more!

Calum Chambers to Bournemouth on loan is a possibility, whilst Everton look to have backed up their talk with Mata seemingly close.

When Stones goes I imagine they will at least try for Van Dijk and see how he feels with a new Manager and two key colleagues gone, whilst Lukaku is apparently set to stay.

I really hope Everton bomb. Never really had any feeling against them, but they have come across as being hugely arrogant for no reason save that their part owner comes in saying how rich he is via this £100m to splash. Well, we'll see how much of this £100m + Stones/Lukaku materialises. This was a classic post from the Mail....

Everton99, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago

I would gladly drive him to the Emirates if it means we can get 50m and I know it is reported Lukaku wants to now stay but if we can get between 65 - 75m for him I say sell them both and give Koeman another 140m on top of the already 100m! Whatever we do we need to quickly make decisions so we can have the time to look for good replacements as this coming season is about making the top 4 as we made top 6 under Moyes so surely with a better manager and 100m+ to spend top 4 would at least be possible.

Obviously maths isn't a strong point in Liverpool, as £50 + £65-75 is somewhat short of £140 but that is moot. Stones might well go for £50m as City spunked that on Sterling. Lukaku for £65m-75m - LOL.

But Koeman must be happy going to EFC and selling their "supposed" best player(s), something so different to what happens at SFC.

But Koeman must be happy going to EFC and selling their "supposed" best player(s), something so different to what happens at SFC.

Stones had an awful year last year and £50m is a good price, besides by selling him, it's a way of getting around FFP, which means they can bring in more players or better players because the wage bill will rise. Lukaku looks likely to stay.

These player prices are going to completely screw some clubs.

Seems like Bournemouth have been smart this summer and are looking to balance the books, some of the teams who have come up are going to dump enormous sums and go straight down and basically end up doing a Portsmouth if not worse.

It's interesting, had a read of the Utd fan forums. Seems that most of their ideal First XI for next season features Schneiderlin in midfield alongside a new signing (e.g. pogba). This Mkhitaryan guy seems to be more attacking, and Mata/Fellaini folks want out.

Will be interesting to see how Utd juggle all these top paid midfielders. I think there's not a chance that MS will return to us.

It's interesting, had a read of the Utd fan forums. Seems that most of their ideal First XI for next season features Schneiderlin in midfield alongside a new signing (e.g. pogba). This Mkhitaryan guy seems to be more attacking, and Mata/Fellaini folks want out.

Will be interesting to see how Utd juggle all these top paid midfielders. I think there's not a chance that MS will return to us.

Mkhitaryan will be their multi-functioning creator/scoring midfielder. Almost certainly a Mata replacement (whom I hope doesn't join Everton).

Very good signing for them. Now they need to try & land the big prize in Pogba.

Tevez has turned down that offer!

Witsel to Everton seems almost certain - good signing but overpaid not that it will bother their fans.

Be interesting to see who they target to replace Stones. Will be amazed if they don't at least try to take VVD.

WEST HAM CLOSE TO TORE DEAL

A double dose of West Ham news now as Sky sources understand the Hammers have agreed a deal to sign winger Gokhan Tore from Besiktas.

The clubs have agreed a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal.

This is mental no matter how you slice it.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/manchester-united-reportedly-agree-world-record-transfer-of-juventus-midfielder-paul-pogba/news-story/8cd94180217f91592991133778dc77b1

To think they let him go four years ago, and now are going to pay that much to get him back.

Vastly overpriced if the figures are anywhere near accurate.

This is mental no matter how you slice it.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/manchester-united-reportedly-agree-world-record-transfer-of-juventus-midfielder-paul-pogba/news-story/8cd94180217f91592991133778dc77b1

To think they let him go four years ago, and now are going to pay that much to get him back.

Man Utd have a lot of money - they don't care what they pay.

Bournemouth set to beat our record signing:

@MirrorAnderson: It is understood Liverpool have accepted a £15m bid from Bournemouth for Jordon Ibe and have given him permission to speak to the Cherries.

Ibe is a good player but that is a big fee. Would be interesting to see if he wants to go there and if in 5 years he or Redmond is the better player.

Spurs £11m for Wanyama looks better by the day for a proven yet young PL player.