Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Not quite a transfer story but if Allardyce gets the England job, it leaves Sunderland a bit in the lurch. They survived last year only through his organisation and force of personality.

H bought in some good players in January but needing to find a new manager with just a few weeks before the season isn't ideal

Not quite a transfer story but if Allardyce gets the England job, it leaves Sunderland a bit in the lurch. They survived last year only through his organisation and force of personality.

H bought in some good players in January but needing to find a new manager with just a few weeks before the season isn't ideal

This is true. No shortage of good options available for them though.

It's a bit rinse and repeat for Sunderland.

Appoint new manager in summer, struggle, sack manager, appoint new manager midway through season, stay up - just - appoint new manager, struggle, sack manager...etc

If they stay up every season it's quite a successful formula really.

BERAHINO REJECTS WEST BROM DEAL

Saido Berahino has turned down the offer of a new contract from West Brom, according to Sky sources.

The four-year deal, offered last week, would have kept him at the Hawthorns until 2020.

The 22-year old is keen for a new start and sees his future away from West Brom.

Stoke are known to be keen on the former England U21 striker, with Palace and Watford also monitoring the situation.

NEWCASTLE WANT £35M FOR SISSOKO

Newcastle have told other clubs they will have to pay £35m if they want to sign France star Moussa Sissoko, SSN HQ understands.

Sounds like a snip if when you take into consideration some of the prices being paid for pretty average players.

Today's 35 million is yesterday's 10 million.

I'd be alright with Allardyce for England manager. why the hell not

Agreed, he would actually play a system that plays to our players strengths and not just shoe-horn players into a given tactic. Even if it means he plays Carroll up top a lot more I wont mind that much - I hate the player but god could we have done with him as an outlet at the Euros.

Clyne back to St Mary's for £8m? Would take him in a heart beat.

Apparently Liverpool FC are a little mystified where this has come from, and that his position in the team is highly valued and he hasn't been offered to anyone. Well that's according to the Liverpool Echo.

Apparently Liverpool FC are a little mystified where this has come from, and that his position in the team is highly valued and he hasn't been offered to anyone. Well that's according to the Liverpool Echo.

Must admit the rumour didn't seem to make much sense. Perhaps Everton are stirring it again.

BACCA UPDATE

West Ham will meet with Carlos Bacca's representatives this week to discuss personal terms over a club record move to the Olympic Stadium, according to Sky sources.

The Hammers have activated the £26m release clause in the forward's current contract at AC Milan and will now hope to persuade him to join the club.

If terms can be agreed, Bacca would become Slaven Bilic's sixth signing of the summer following the arrivals of Gokhan Tore, Sofiane Feghouli, Toni Martinez, Havard Nordtveit and Domingos Quina.

BACCA UPDATE

West Ham will meet with Carlos Bacca's representatives this week to discuss personal terms over a club record move to the Olympic Stadium, according to Sky sources.

The Hammers have activated the £26m release clause in the forward's current contract at AC Milan and will now hope to persuade him to join the club.

If terms can be agreed, Bacca would become Slaven Bilic's sixth signing of the summer following the arrivals of Gokhan Tore, Sofiane Feghouli, Toni Martinez, Havard Nordtveit and Domingos Quina.

£26m for a player who is 30 in September...

GUEYE GONE?

Marseille have entered into talks with Aston Villa over midfielder Idrissa Gueye, having triggered his £7.1million release clause.

He moved to Villa last summer after spending five years with Lille, however, following Villa's relegation to Championship, he is now keen on returning to France.

GUEYE GONE?

Marseille have entered into talks with Aston Villa over midfielder Idrissa Gueye, having triggered his £7.1million release clause.

He moved to Villa last summer after spending five years with Lille, however, following Villa's relegation to Championship, he is now keen on returning to France.

Wasn't good enough to be a PL regular anyway, might have been a squad player with something to offer a decent manager in a decent team. Never mind Marseille wanted him last summer as well so he's profited by a cut of a PL transfer fee and a year of PL salary. No doubt a bit more as well because Marseille can't pay him as much as Villa. they're in the crapper financially and the woman that owns them (inherited) wants to sell. No-one reputable falling over themself to buy them though.

Get French Football ‏@GFFN 3m3 minutes ago

Sky Sports with a hilarious report on Idrissa Gueye. They claim that Marseille have activated a £7.1m release clause. Marseille have 0 £'s.

Get French Football ‏@GFFN 1m1 minute ago

Marseille have however contacted Idrissa Gueye. Player told them about 2 weeks ago that he is prioritising a Premier League move.

Maybe Gueye won't go to Marseille

Weird that they are modified. Its rather obvious. He wants to move to a big club that plays European Football next year. It will improve his chances of playing for England. [emoji41]

Tottenham are close to agreeing a fee with AZ Alkmaar to sign Vincent Janssen, Sky sources understand.

The 22-year-old striker is expected to train on his own at Alkmaar's training base on Friday morning as the club's finalise negotiations.

There has since been a stalemate over the transfer fee, with Alkmaar rejecting an offer close to £15m last week. But sources understand both clubs are now confident the deal will go ahead

Done deal, Tottenham pays 18 million pounds for Vincent Janssen. A ridiculous amount of money for a player who had a great half season in the Dutch Eredivisie but has never shown any quality before that. Well done AZ Alkmaar but it's getting more and more bizarre with the PL clubs these days...

Done deal, Tottenham pays 18 million pounds for Vincent Janssen. A ridiculous amount of money for a player who had a great half season in the Dutch Eredivisie but has never shown any quality before that. Well done AZ Alkmaar but it's getting more and more bizarre with the PL clubs these days...

But is he any better than that Korean bloke they signed for more last year or the all yet to prove Njie, that is the question.

Spurs land Janssen for 17 million. Is that a good deal Dutch people?

Like I said above, it's a ridiculous amount of money for a Dutch player who only had a great half season. He played in the youth of Feyenoord two years ago but they let him go as they didn't think there was a future for him. He then went to a minor club in the Dutch second division where he had difficulties to make it to the first team. One way or another the scouts of AZ Alkmaar did believe in him and credits to them. Janssen does work hard and he made a lot of goals in half a season but you know, Dutch defenders... I don't know if he's gonna make it in the PL, he could be another van Wolfswinkel but maybe his work ethic will also pay off with the Spurs.

Like I said above, it's a ridiculous amount of money for a Dutch player who only had a great half season. He played in the youth of Feyenoord two years ago but they let him go as they didn't think there was a future for him. He then went to a minor club in the Dutch second division where he had difficulties to make it to the first team. One way or another the scouts of AZ Alkmaar did believe in him and credits to them. Janssen does work hard and he made a lot of goals in half a season but you know, Dutch defenders... I don't know if he's gonna make it in the PL, he could be another van Wolfswinkel but maybe his work ethic will also pay off with the Spurs.

If he has a good work ethic then Pochettino has a decent chance of getting the best out of him. Does still seem a bit overpriced though.

Correct, sir.

CnKAL4yWEAEYASJ.jpg

Maybe but he could become another Huntelaar as well. I had my doubts about Janssen but i have to say he has impressed me, especially in the matches with the national team. I knew he was good in the box but he's a lot more decent on the ball and in link up play as i thought. And i dont think its a ridiculous amount of money, its a lot but in today's market 17/18 million for a young talented striker aint that much but you can argue thats its a bit much i guess but then your can argue that Spurs picked up enough bargains from the Eredivisie over the years so maybe they felt they owed Dutch clubs something ;)

And the weak Dutch defenders... People said the same thing with Bony, Pelle, Suarez etc and they didnt do too bad. We should really stop talking ourselves down like that.

Maybe but he could become another Huntelaar as well. I had my doubts about Janssen but i have to say he has impressed me, especially in the matches with the national team. I knew he was good in the box but he's a lot more decent on the ball and in link up play as i thought. And i dont think its a ridiculous amount of money, its a lot but in today's market 17/18 million for a young talented striker aint that much but you can argue thats its a bit much i guess but then your can argue that Spurs picked up enough bargains from the Eredivisie over the years so maybe they felt they owed Dutch clubs something ;)

And the weak Dutch defenders... People said the same thing with Bony, Pelle, Suarez etc and they didnt do too bad. We should really stop talking ourselves down like that.

18 million is ridiculous considering Janssen only played half a season in the Eredivisie. I watched him play in the matches against Feyenoord, he impressed me in the home game with his endurance and active style when AZ could easily have scored 9 goals or so because the defence of Feyenoord was terrible. Those defenders learned their lesson and in the Cup game Janssen was totally disarmed as he lacks creativity. But who knows, maybe the Spurs found their Jamie Vardy...

And yes, Dutch defenders are weak. Why do you think van Gaal played with 5 defenders and two defensive midfielders at the WC? Why do you think we didn't qualify for the EC this year? Mind you, these were the best defenders we had, when you look at the average defender in the Eredivisie it's far worse. It does make the Eredivisie an attractive competition to watch, I'll grant you that. ;)

18 million is ridiculous considering Janssen only played half a season in the Eredivisie. I watched him play in the matches against Feyenoord, he impressed me in the home game with his endurance and active style when AZ could easily have scored 9 goals or so because the defence of Feyenoord was terrible. Those defenders learned their lesson and in the Cup game Janssen was totally disarmed as he lacks creativity. But who knows, maybe the Spurs found their Jamie Vardy...

And yes, Dutch defenders are weak. Why do you think van Gaal played with 5 defenders and two defensive midfielders at the WC? Why do you think we didn't qualify for the EC this year? Mind you, these were the best defenders we had, when you look at the average defender in the Eredivisie it's far worse. It does make the Eredivisie an attractive competition to watch, I'll grant you that. ;)

But this summer's 18 million £ is last summer's 15 million £ to Alkmaar isn't it.

15 million doesn't sound anywhere near as much. It's what you pay for a bit part South American who may look totally lost in English football. For instance Depay, who I gather isn't universally acclaimed at Utd would probably have cost the Euro equivalent of 30 million £ this summer.

Well Janssen isnt the kind of striker who creates a lot of chances for himself but you dont have to, plenty of strikers who just finish the chances they get which Janssen has done pretty well so far. Again yes lot of money but you dont only pay for what he has shown so far... I compared him with Huntelaar, who PSV dropped from their academy, and he has done pretty well for himself and has never created a chance for himself and Janssen has better a vision on the pitch and technique as him so who knows.

We do make our defenders weak on our own, we are really not that bad but when everybody, including managers, says your weak at something, you will become weak. All defenders make mistakes but in Holland we make a big deal out of it and completely burn people to the ground. Its a joke really. If you as the manager publicly say that Virgil (who has been great in the Premier League) and Bruma (who had a great season and was immense in the Champions League) are too weak to play together in the national team then your a moron and you already burn them before you even give them a chance.

And no they were not the best defenders we had, Virgil for example has always been better then those guys but never played for a top club in Holland so then your **** out of luck. Just like van Aanholt is by far the best left-back we have but never played for Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord so we had to watch how Blind clowns around on there or how Willems think he's a winger etc etc.

Not to mention we played for years with players who run the 100 meters in 50 seconds and every match our midfield was completely overrun and left the defenders on 1-on-1 situations, every defense would fail on a regular base with that.

We didnt qualify because we had/have idiots as managers and not because the defenders them self were terrible, just like van Gaal played with 5 at the back because our midfield was **** and France made us look silly. You cant play internationally with Clasie, Blind, Sneijder/Klaassen/Wijnaldum on one midfield but we sure as hell tried. But we are going off topic and it has nothing to do with the level of defending in the Eredivisie btw, which is poor but just as poor as in other leagues.

I just don't see how he's going to fit in with Kane. Surely Pochettino won't play both?